Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' 11:51 - Mar 28 with 5161 viewsiamipswich

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-clubs-race-to-sign-ipswich-town-recor

No clubs named. Seems an obvious story to run given our defensive form but Pete O' Rourke is probably one of the more credible journalists in the Transfer space.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 12:08]

Poll: Who will return first?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 4138 viewsSitfcB

Another reason why we NEED to get out of this league.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 4126 viewsHerbivore

Reads like an absolute nothing story.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:00 - Mar 28 with 4064 viewsitfcjoe

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 11:53 - Mar 28 by Herbivore

Reads like an absolute nothing story.

Reads like he wants a new contract

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:01 - Mar 28 with 4052 viewsKeno

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 11:53 - Mar 28 by SitfcB

Another reason why we NEED to get out of this league.

"Ipswich are determined to hold on to the 27-year-old, but they could face a major battle to keep the former Brighton shot-stopper if they fail to win promotion from League One this season"

THIS EXACTLY

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:25 - Mar 28 with 3872 viewsTractorCam

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:01 - Mar 28 by Keno

"Ipswich are determined to hold on to the 27-year-old, but they could face a major battle to keep the former Brighton shot-stopper if they fail to win promotion from League One this season"

THIS EXACTLY

I have hope that Walton would stay if this was the scenario, as he was very big on the "settled" narrative when he moved here after all those loans.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:41 - Mar 28 with 3754 viewsZx1988

I think that, regardless of what happens this season, this coming summer will see the first test of the club's new stance on transfers, and the degree of buy-in from the fans.

I would think that there are no players within the squad that are not for sale, whatever the cost. Ashton will have an idea of the worth of each player, and the level of fee for which the club would allow them to leave. If a club matches that valuation, and the player wants to move on, no doubt they will do so with the club's blessing.

The real test of Ashton's (and, no doubt, McKenna's) mettle and transfer acumen, will be the players that are lined up to fill any such gap in the squad. I know Ashton has been quoted in past roles as saying that he always has a shortlist of four replacement players for every position, and I reckon we'll be seeing that come into play this summer.

Will I like it straight off the bat? Probably not. But it's the model that the club is now following. It's worked for the likes of Brentford and Brighton, so why shouldn't it work for us? The challenge will be to remain civil with the "OMG, WE JUST SOLD NATHAN BROADHURST. AshToN OUt!!1!!11!" crowd.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 14:36]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 3722 viewsdavblue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:00 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

Reads like he wants a new contract

Not sure his form is deserving of a pay rise this season.
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 3655 viewsStokieBlue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:43 - Mar 28 by davblue

This narrative is a weird one.

Walton has been good this season, not really sure what level of performance some people are expecting from a keeper in league one.

The calls from some for him to be dropped were absurd.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:47 - Mar 28 with 3643 viewshomer_123

Yep, he's had a shocker of the season.

Offload him ASAP.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:53 - Mar 28 with 3579 viewshomer_123

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:41 - Mar 28 by Zx1988

I think that, regardless of what happens this season, this coming summer will see the first test of the club's new stance on transfers, and the degree of buy-in from the fans.

I would think that there are no players within the squad that are not for sale, whatever the cost. Ashton will have an idea of the worth of each player, and the level of fee for which the club would allow them to leave. If a club matches that valuation, and the player wants to move on, no doubt they will do so with the club's blessing.

The real test of Ashton's (and, no doubt, McKenna's) mettle and transfer acumen, will be the players that are lined up to fill any such gap in the squad. I know Ashton has been quoted in past roles as saying that he always has a shortlist of four replacement players for every position, and I reckon we'll be seeing that come into play this summer.

Will I like it straight off the bat? Probably not. But it's the model that the club is now following. It's worked for the likes of Brentford and Brighton, so why shouldn't it work for us? The challenge will be to remain civil with the "OMG, WE JUST SOLD NATHAN BROADHURST. AshToN OUt!!1!!11!" crowd.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 14:36]

Don't we already know the score here?

Pretty sure our approach is to generally get players in that have a good opportunity for re-sale and profit.

So, if someone can in for Chappers, for example, or Burns and we can turn a decent profit then we'll likely accept.

If we stay in this division, I can see 1 or 2 leaving but I have faith that we'll replace, based on our recruitment strategy. If we go up, less likely but I think it's clear if decent offers come in, players will go.

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:54 - Mar 28 with 3557 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:46 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

Walton has been good this season, not really sure what level of performance some people are expecting from a keeper in league one.

SB

I don't think he should've ever been dropped, but he did have a run of games were he was contributing very little. Conceding practically ever shot that went on target, making mistakes leading to goals etc. But since the Cambridge penalty save, he has been superb.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 13:01]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:58 - Mar 28 with 3492 viewsZx1988

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:53 - Mar 28 by homer_123

Pretty sure our approach is to generally get players in that have a good opportunity for re-sale and profit.

So, if someone can in for Chappers, for example, or Burns and we can turn a decent profit then we'll likely accept.

If we stay in this division, I can see 1 or 2 leaving but I have faith that we'll replace, based on our recruitment strategy. If we go up, less likely but I think it's clear if decent offers come in, players will go.

100% - the club has never shied away from the finer details of the longer-term plan.

You just know, though, that even if we were to sell Wes for £10m, the usual suspects would soon be along to bemoan the fact that we've sold one of our best players, and to declare that this means that the club has no ambition etc.,

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:58 - Mar 28 with 3495 viewshype313

After years and years of loans and playing second fiddle, he now finds himself guaranteed No 1 at a club that is on the cusp of doing great things, he said himself it's brilliant to be at a settled club, so like Joe said, it's probably just a ruse to get a few more quid.

Bar a patchy few games, he has been outstanding, especially in the past 6 weeks.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:00 - Mar 28 with 3446 viewsdavblue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:47 - Mar 28 by homer_123

Yep, he's had a shocker of the season.

Offload him ASAP.

that's not what im saying...

Think he's been ok this year, not as good as last year. Would 100% keep him and give him a longer deal but im not sure he's deserving of a pay rise of top of that.
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 3376 viewsdavblue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:46 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

SB

i never asked for him to be dropped once, still think he's a good keeper but he had a dip in form.
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 3366 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 12:54 - Mar 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't think he should've ever been dropped, but he did have a run of games were he was contributing very little. Conceding practically ever shot that went on target, making mistakes leading to goals etc. But since the Cambridge penalty save, he has been superb.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 13:01]

Understandably the recent results have helped to cover some previous poor performances. Would the OP even exist without the last month of results?

He's still in the lower % of the leagues keepers for shots saved v shots against.

What I've seen however is a return of some important saves. Which we missed during that blip period and it did seem like altho we didn't concede many shots.. when they did shoot. It went in.

But It doesn't matter at the moment. We are winning games. He's saving when it matters now. And it's all good.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:10 - Mar 28 with 3271 viewshomer_123

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:00 - Mar 28 by davblue

that's not what im saying...

Think he's been ok this year, not as good as last year. Would 100% keep him and give him a longer deal but im not sure he's deserving of a pay rise of top of that.

Was being a tad facetious fella.

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:11 - Mar 28 with 3250 viewsIllinoisblue

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:02 - Mar 28 by davblue

i never asked for him to be dropped once, still think he's a good keeper but he had a dip in form.

Welcome to Division 3

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 3185 viewstractorboy1978

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:58 - Mar 28 by Zx1988

100% - the club has never shied away from the finer details of the longer-term plan.

You just know, though, that even if we were to sell Wes for £10m, the usual suspects would soon be along to bemoan the fact that we've sold one of our best players, and to declare that this means that the club has no ambition etc.,

The problem (or good thing for us) is that Championship clubs are not going to meet our valuations for players. Ashton said only a few days ago that players are worth 4/5 times more in the Championship than in L1. That is an exaggerated multiplier but we aren't going to suddenly sell Davis for example for £3m when we know he's a £10m+ player in waiting. We have all our big assets on decent contracts and we don't need to sell.
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:21 - Mar 28 with 3121 viewsitfcjoe

No, he is likely a very top earner as it is and will be getting a bump if we were to get promoted - but it is up to players to try and get more money when they think they hold the whip hand. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

A fair bit of talk last summer that Morsy was trying to get a new deal out of the club, but he didn't manage it

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:22 - Mar 28 with 3103 viewsitfcjoe

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 12:53 - Mar 28 by homer_123

I don't think, when you look at the ages of the players involved, that we have recruited to sell players on at big fees - really the only ones that fall into that category are Davis and Harry Clarke.

I imagine we'll head more down that road once we get out of this league

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 3063 viewsTheBoyBlue

I don't want him to go, but if he does, I'm confident that McKenna, Ashton and the team will replace him with another good 'un.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 2917 viewsle2blue

Pete's next story will be Ipswich in for Michael Cooper from Plymouth. Not a bad alternative to Walton, not that I think he will end up leaving, just his agent trying to get him a raise.
Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:36 - Mar 28 with 2908 viewshomer_123

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing Up' on 13:22 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

I don't think, when you look at the ages of the players involved, that we have recruited to sell players on at big fees - really the only ones that fall into that category are Davis and Harry Clarke.

I imagine we'll head more down that road once we get out of this league

Broady, Chapers (26) both fit that category.

The wider point is that we will likely consider any serious offers for players, regardless of how important they are to us.

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:37 - Mar 28 with 2892 viewsBiGDonnie

Walton links 'Clubs Queuing UP' on 13:02 - Mar 28 by FrimleyBlue

Understandably the recent results have helped to cover some previous poor performances. Would the OP even exist without the last month of results?

He's still in the lower % of the leagues keepers for shots saved v shots against.

What I've seen however is a return of some important saves. Which we missed during that blip period and it did seem like altho we didn't concede many shots.. when they did shoot. It went in.

But It doesn't matter at the moment. We are winning games. He's saving when it matters now. And it's all good.

Numbnuts is back with his irrelevance.

How's your teams keeper doing this season?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024