Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. 18:28 - Feb 5 with 12018 viewsChondzoresk

I’ll probably be ridiculed here……but anyway…

8.45am yesterday morning travelling towards Palgrave Village, my wife (a massive sceptic of anything weird) screams “WTF is that? There’s a big object up there” I laughed, but she told me to stop and look.

I stopped at a lay by near the village on Lion Road looking towards Roydon and Bressingham across open fields and there hanging in the sky about 200-300 feet up and say a couple of miles away was a large dark, almost black odd shaped object just hovering and no sound….I photographed and took video of it, again not being tech savvy, not sure how to upload it here.

We then tried to track it, to Roydon, where we believe it was, but unfortunately it had completely vanished.

It was way too big for a drone, not a hot air balloon and no it wasn’t a Chinese weather balloon.

The only thing I can think of is a TR3-B Black Manta experimental aircraft. But there’s never been ever any confirmation that these exist.

I have contacted and filled out an official Bufora form with the details, images and they are very interested in my sighting and I am in conversation with them.

So, has anyone else seen any kind of odd object in the sky? Or am I just loopy and lost the plot?
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 21:48 - Feb 5 with 2410 viewsBlueandTruesince82

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:18 - Feb 5 by bournemouthblue

almost looks like two balloons next to one another, how did it move?

Could be something like this?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 19:22]

Also what is this?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:14 - Feb 5 with 2361 viewsiamatractorboy

I saw something that from the sounds of it could be the same or similar, looking north from Stowmarket a few days ago one lunchtime. I assumed it was a military chopper but it did look rather odd, just hovering there. Too far away to hear it though.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 22:16]
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:47 - Feb 5 with 2306 viewsbournemouthblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 21:48 - Feb 5 by BlueandTruesince82

Also what is this?

It's a very large airship, not necessarily tested over the Skies of Suffolk

The lack of noise would tie in, my second thought was Drone also but that would be noisier

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:58 - Feb 5 with 2292 viewsBugs

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:12 - Feb 5 with 2252 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:12 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

https://imgur.com/QJgQ0qi

Bit blurry, but think you can’t just see it.

Fly on your windscreen?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:18 - Feb 5 with 2247 viewsRyorry

Hard to tell from that - what shape was it like, square-ish? And could those blobs underneath be wheels ?

I'd bear in mind that East Anglia still has two USAF/RAF bases (apols if you've already researched this) -

https://www.mildenhall.af.mil/News/Video/videoid/863540/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:22 - Feb 5 with 2231 viewsbournemouthblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:18 - Feb 5 by Ryorry

Hard to tell from that - what shape was it like, square-ish? And could those blobs underneath be wheels ?

I'd bear in mind that East Anglia still has two USAF/RAF bases (apols if you've already researched this) -

https://www.mildenhall.af.mil/News/Video/videoid/863540/

Marham isn't a million miles away as well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:58 - Feb 5 with 2211 viewsPinewoodblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:47 - Feb 5 by bournemouthblue

It's a very large airship, not necessarily tested over the Skies of Suffolk

The lack of noise would tie in, my second thought was Drone also but that would be noisier

Based at Cardington in Bedfordshire so not far away ,as the blimp flies.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 02:25 - Feb 6 with 2173 viewsRyorry

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:12 - Feb 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fly on your windscreen?

(sorry, OP)

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 02:55 - Feb 6 with 2167 viewsBLUEBEAT

Looking at that pic, you could assume that it’s an optical illusion where the sea and air merge and the UFO is nothing more than an oil rig.

But you weren’t by the coast but near Diss and the mere isn’t that big, so… dunno.

Poll: W or W

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 06:46 - Feb 6 with 2105 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 02:55 - Feb 6 by BLUEBEAT

Looking at that pic, you could assume that it’s an optical illusion where the sea and air merge and the UFO is nothing more than an oil rig.

But you weren’t by the coast but near Diss and the mere isn’t that big, so… dunno.

First of all thank you to everyone for their input.

Secondly I attach a map from Google Earth showing the point I was standing to the direction the craft was.

https://imgur.com/sPpMwGN

There was no sea, no mere, no sun. Just empty fields. No mirage.
It could well have been a small airship, but as I said on my opening account, by the time I got to where I thought it would have been, there was absolutely nothing in the sky.

If there’s any activity from any bases you can be sure someone would have moaned on the local Fb page if there were. There was no sound, so discount any kind of aircraft or drone.

If I get any info from the UFO people I’ll let you all know.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:25 - Feb 6 with 2052 viewsGuthrum

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:41 - Feb 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

That certainly is interesting. Unusual shape, very eye catching. Could it be explained by something fairly normal? Probably, but I would definitely have a similar reaction to you.

I have never seen something like that during daytime hours, but on a couple of occasions I have seen an object at night which has just looked like a glowing orb some way away, relatively low in the sky above the expansive valley that rolls towards the coast over 15 miles away. What has drawn me to it is the way it moves, up and down and side to side, in a way that is only really familiar to a helicopter, but even then there is something oddly smooth about its movements and the light is like no helicopter I have ever seen. Still, nothing that couldn't be explained by someone with a bit more knowledge of aviation, satellites, whatever.

The thing that really threw me off was when I saw the light split off, this glowing orb becoming four smaller lights that just shot off and disappeared. This whole thing has only happened twice, and as far as I could tell, was fundamentally identical (although I don't have a telescope or binoculars that would allow me to be more confident of that). I don't have any theories on what I saw, but whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm drawn to the window from which I first saw it, hoping to see it for a third time.

Effects like that can be caused by the landing light of an aircraft coming towards you. Situated on or near the front undercarriage, very bright and quite directional, it stays steady in the air, just moving up, down and sideways a bit, until the 'plane turns and it "vanishes". The smaller spots could be navigation lights on wingtips and tail. Is there an airport/airfield within about ten miles?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:40 - Feb 6 with 2036 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:25 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

Effects like that can be caused by the landing light of an aircraft coming towards you. Situated on or near the front undercarriage, very bright and quite directional, it stays steady in the air, just moving up, down and sideways a bit, until the 'plane turns and it "vanishes". The smaller spots could be navigation lights on wingtips and tail. Is there an airport/airfield within about ten miles?

That's interesting - nearest small-scale commercial airport is just under *12 miles away as the crow flies, broadly in that direction. Also have a very small airfield about *8 miles away, but that would be looking in the opposite direction. Certainly sounds plausible, I did try to use flightradar on both occasions to no avail, although I understand this is not exactly comprehensive.

*double checked my original distances and was way off one one so thought it best to amend.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 8:46]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:54 - Feb 6 with 2015 viewsGuthrum

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:40 - Feb 6 by SlippinJimmyJuan

That's interesting - nearest small-scale commercial airport is just under *12 miles away as the crow flies, broadly in that direction. Also have a very small airfield about *8 miles away, but that would be looking in the opposite direction. Certainly sounds plausible, I did try to use flightradar on both occasions to no avail, although I understand this is not exactly comprehensive.

*double checked my original distances and was way off one one so thought it best to amend.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 8:46]

It varies with wind direction and where the 'plane is approaching from, but often they fly a course at an angle to the runway (or even a circuit around the airfield), before turning onto final approach. Or it could be one taking off.

Those lights are visible for a considerable distance. As a youngster used to be able to see aircraft maneuvering into Cambridge and Mildenhall/Lakenheath from my home near Newmarket.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:59 - Feb 6 with 2002 viewsJ2BLUE

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 23:12 - Feb 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fly on your windscreen?

That is superb, well played.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:51 - Feb 6 with 1953 viewsNthQldITFC

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 06:46 - Feb 6 by Chondzoresk

Secondly I attach a map from Google Earth showing the point I was standing to the direction the craft was.

It could well have been a small airship, but as I said on my opening account, by the time I got to where I thought it would have been, there was absolutely nothing in the sky.

If there’s any activity from any bases you can be sure someone would have moaned on the local Fb page if there were. There was no sound, so discount any kind of aircraft or drone.

You're very near Diss town there. I'm wondering whether the object is going or coming, like? A ghost? Town need to do better next weekend.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:59 - Feb 6 with 1945 viewsGeoffSentence

it is blurry, looke to me like either a large drone or a flying cow

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 10:44 - Feb 6 with 1905 viewsRyorry

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:59 - Feb 6 by GeoffSentence

Flying bloated budgie?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 1814 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:54 - Feb 6 by Guthrum

It varies with wind direction and where the 'plane is approaching from, but often they fly a course at an angle to the runway (or even a circuit around the airfield), before turning onto final approach. Or it could be one taking off.

Those lights are visible for a considerable distance. As a youngster used to be able to see aircraft maneuvering into Cambridge and Mildenhall/Lakenheath from my home near Newmarket.

Logic and rationality has won the day. I'd call you a spoilsport but you've probably saved me from a Close Encounters style descent into madness, so mustn't grumble.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 14:52 - Feb 6 with 1751 viewsSuperblue95

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:59 - Feb 6 by GeoffSentence

It’s clearly a snowboarding Alpaca

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 14:54 - Feb 6 with 1747 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 08:59 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

That is superb, well played.

No, because I was standing in a lay by.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 14:56 - Feb 6 with 1744 viewsChondzoresk

Anyway, Bufora have got back to me and I will be interviewed in due course, over the following week.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 15:10 - Feb 6 with 1702 viewsclive_baker

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 06:46 - Feb 6 by Chondzoresk

Looks like a cat to me. Got a hell of a jump on it though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 15:53 - Feb 6 with 1663 viewslazyblue

Anyway you can get the photos on here ?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 15:58]
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 16:05 - Feb 6 with 1630 viewsKropotkin123

I can't identify it, it's in the sky and appears to be flying, and it looks like an object. Until further notice, it is a UFO.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024