Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. 18:28 - Feb 5 with 12017 viewsChondzoresk

I’ll probably be ridiculed here……but anyway…

8.45am yesterday morning travelling towards Palgrave Village, my wife (a massive sceptic of anything weird) screams “WTF is that? There’s a big object up there” I laughed, but she told me to stop and look.

I stopped at a lay by near the village on Lion Road looking towards Roydon and Bressingham across open fields and there hanging in the sky about 200-300 feet up and say a couple of miles away was a large dark, almost black odd shaped object just hovering and no sound….I photographed and took video of it, again not being tech savvy, not sure how to upload it here.

We then tried to track it, to Roydon, where we believe it was, but unfortunately it had completely vanished.

It was way too big for a drone, not a hot air balloon and no it wasn’t a Chinese weather balloon.

The only thing I can think of is a TR3-B Black Manta experimental aircraft. But there’s never been ever any confirmation that these exist.

I have contacted and filled out an official Bufora form with the details, images and they are very interested in my sighting and I am in conversation with them.

So, has anyone else seen any kind of odd object in the sky? Or am I just loopy and lost the plot?
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 16:20 - Feb 6 with 2429 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 15:53 - Feb 6 by lazyblue

Anyway you can get the photos on here ?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 15:58]

Posted on here yesterday with imgur link earlier in the thread. Looks like a real space invader too!
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:15 - Feb 6 with 2356 viewsJeff_winger

I live next to mildenhall airbase, and this blurry image looks to me to be an osprey aircraft from mildenhall.

Looks like it's hovering with propellers up which they do all the time round here, especially at 10pm when you're trying to sleep
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:38 - Feb 6 with 2327 viewsNthsuffolkblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:15 - Feb 6 by Jeff_winger

I live next to mildenhall airbase, and this blurry image looks to me to be an osprey aircraft from mildenhall.

Looks like it's hovering with propellers up which they do all the time round here, especially at 10pm when you're trying to sleep

Once saw one flying low around north Suffolk many years ago before I was aware they existed. Nowhere near any air base either. Very impressive to see.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:39 - Feb 6 with 2322 viewsNthsuffolkblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 16:05 - Feb 6 by Kropotkin123

I can't identify it, it's in the sky and appears to be flying, and it looks like an object. Until further notice, it is a UFO.

Once a UFO lands and you can identify it, it is simply an Object.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:44 - Feb 6 with 2311 viewsbournemouthblue

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:07 - Feb 6 with 2280 viewsChondzoresk

I have seen Ospreys before locally. They make a noise. There was no sound. It was silent. It was totally stationary without any lights and pretty black, jet black. Just a silhouette. At 8.45am.

I refer you to my imgur image. Hence my original thought of the mythical TR3B Black Manta. They have lights to their corners though on those that have been filmed. So, that may discount them.

I’m not saying it wasn’t an aircraft of some kind or even a military drone, however, Bufora deem it a UFO under investigation and from what I gather their head investigator will be contacting me in due course.

I am keeping an open mind please note.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 2270 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:44 - Feb 6 by bournemouthblue

https://imgur.com/dZeDtem

I have cropped the image a bit more.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:24 - Feb 6 with 2246 viewsCaptainAhab

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:12 - Feb 6 by Chondzoresk

Looks like a drone? Can't really hear those little beggers till they're right overhead either
Login to get fewer ads

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:52 - Feb 7 with 2069 viewslurcher

I shouldn't worry about ridicule. The Pentagon has been releasing footage over the last few years of physical craft manoeuvring in our skies. The footage is recorded using military equipment and often supported with witness testimonies from individuals such as navy pilots who are still serving. The press releases make the news for a day or so and then are quickly forgotten about. They are highly unlikely to sjow technology from a foreign military power, given the speed and capabilities. No explanation beyond the footage depicting something physical is ever given.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_UFO_videos
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 1979 viewsPlums

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:52 - Feb 7 by lurcher

I shouldn't worry about ridicule. The Pentagon has been releasing footage over the last few years of physical craft manoeuvring in our skies. The footage is recorded using military equipment and often supported with witness testimonies from individuals such as navy pilots who are still serving. The press releases make the news for a day or so and then are quickly forgotten about. They are highly unlikely to sjow technology from a foreign military power, given the speed and capabilities. No explanation beyond the footage depicting something physical is ever given.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_UFO_videos

There was an excellent Area51 episode on Dan Snow's History Hit podcast recently. It explained how the UFO stories emerged and why they persist. Very interesting but of course doesn't answer everything!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 13:05 - Feb 7 with 1912 viewsstonojnr

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 12:25 - Feb 7 by Plums

There was an excellent Area51 episode on Dan Snow's History Hit podcast recently. It explained how the UFO stories emerged and why they persist. Very interesting but of course doesn't answer everything!

I've not listened to it, never really liked Dan Snow as a presenter, but would i be right to suspect he toes the skunkworks line, but ignores the Lazar stuff ?
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 14:36 - Feb 7 with 1882 viewslurcher

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 12:25 - Feb 7 by Plums

I have visited the small town of Rachel just outside Area 51, its quite cool. The staff in the bar will tell you that Aera 51 is just an airport where military technology is developed, if there ever was anything more unusual there its long gone. These days they just have other NATO countries over to practice wargames in the sky.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 17:03 - Feb 7 with 1827 viewsPlums

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 13:05 - Feb 7 by stonojnr

I've not listened to it, never really liked Dan Snow as a presenter, but would i be right to suspect he toes the skunkworks line, but ignores the Lazar stuff ?

Sorry, I have no idea what that means!
In the episode I was referring to, he's talking to Annie Jacobsen, investigative journalist and author of Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 17:33 - Feb 7 with 1791 viewseireblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:12 - Feb 6 by Chondzoresk

That makes it clearer, someone has dropped an inflatable, in the shape of a grand piano, that was attacked by a bird of prey.

It explains the slow moving, possibly even hovering motion, whilst being silent, and then the disappearance, post pecking deflation, and of course, it being in the shape of an inflatable grand piano.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:39 - Feb 7 with 1753 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 17:33 - Feb 7 by eireblue

That makes it clearer, someone has dropped an inflatable, in the shape of a grand piano, that was attacked by a bird of prey.

It explains the slow moving, possibly even hovering motion, whilst being silent, and then the disappearance, post pecking deflation, and of course, it being in the shape of an inflatable grand piano.

Now you mention it…..how remiss of me to miss something so obvious.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:24 - Feb 7 with 1719 viewsstonojnr

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 17:03 - Feb 7 by Plums

Sorry, I have no idea what that means!
In the episode I was referring to, he's talking to Annie Jacobsen, investigative journalist and author of Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base.

thats the book where she claims the Roswell crash was a Soviet hoax on the US iirc, which crazily seems more far fetched than the alien story.

so the accepted line on Area 51, is that it was just a top secret experimental aircraft and research facility used by the US airforce and US government contractors, like Lockhead who tested the U2, SR-71 blackbird and F117 out there. Lockhead employees used to call the group that made these airplanes Skunk Works, which became its kind of official nickname.

And all the strange UFO sightings people reported out there, were just test flights of these planes, or concepts that were completely unfamiliar to people.

The Lazar side, is Bob Lazar,who is a UFO conspiracy theorist who claimed to work at Area 51, and claims there are flying saucers and even aliens working out there with the government to reverse engineer alien technology, and the UFO sightings are just test flights of this stuff.

which is a bit fringe science to say the least :)

but youll always find whenever theres a documentary on Area51, they might mention Lazar, but never dig into it too deeply and always revert to the accepted well people were just seeing some next-gen planes being tested.

which is kind of what happens when most UFO sightings get reported,at least people cant claim it was Venus.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:34 - Feb 7 with 1694 viewsRyorry

Or some kids filled some black silage sacks with helium & let em go 🤪

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 21:33 - Feb 7 with 1659 viewsPlums

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:24 - Feb 7 by stonojnr

thats the book where she claims the Roswell crash was a Soviet hoax on the US iirc, which crazily seems more far fetched than the alien story.

so the accepted line on Area 51, is that it was just a top secret experimental aircraft and research facility used by the US airforce and US government contractors, like Lockhead who tested the U2, SR-71 blackbird and F117 out there. Lockhead employees used to call the group that made these airplanes Skunk Works, which became its kind of official nickname.

And all the strange UFO sightings people reported out there, were just test flights of these planes, or concepts that were completely unfamiliar to people.

The Lazar side, is Bob Lazar,who is a UFO conspiracy theorist who claimed to work at Area 51, and claims there are flying saucers and even aliens working out there with the government to reverse engineer alien technology, and the UFO sightings are just test flights of this stuff.

which is a bit fringe science to say the least :)

but youll always find whenever theres a documentary on Area51, they might mention Lazar, but never dig into it too deeply and always revert to the accepted well people were just seeing some next-gen planes being tested.

which is kind of what happens when most UFO sightings get reported,at least people cant claim it was Venus.

Thank you, that's a great explanation. It's not something I've really been interested in but the pod struck a chord. I liked the idea that a guy sees someone in a gorilla suit flying a strange aircraft, tells the local drunk in a bar and a story is born!
Lazar sounds as though he's from the 'Men Who Stare at Goats' military school which perhaps has its place.

Living in Mildenhall in the early 80's, it was amazing how many of the USAAF kids used to tell us we were wrong when we said we'd seen U2 or Blackbirds in the area.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:26 - Feb 7 with 1603 viewseireblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:34 - Feb 7 by Ryorry

Or some kids filled some black silage sacks with helium & let em go 🤪

Of course, who drops a blow up grand piano out of an airplane or something similar. That was the one flaw in theory that was troubling me somewhat.

That makes much more sense, some locals made an inflatable grand piano out of silage bags, obvious when you think about it.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:43 - Feb 7 with 1568 viewsRyorry

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:26 - Feb 7 by eireblue

Of course, who drops a blow up grand piano out of an airplane or something similar. That was the one flaw in theory that was troubling me somewhat.

That makes much more sense, some locals made an inflatable grand piano out of silage bags, obvious when you think about it.

LOLathon
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 22:46]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 22:51 - Feb 7 with 1528 viewsNthQldITFC

I think you've nailed it.

Would you mind passing it along, or should I roll another?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:47 - Feb 8 with 1413 viewsSouperJim

I've long been interested in this subject as a cautious sceptic. Aatip basically confirmed that UFOs are real.

I remember hearing Bob Lazar on the radio back in the 90s describe a deliberate "drip feed" of information to the public over several decades in order to not cause complete panic. Seems clear to me he was on the money.

If you want to get really freaky, read up on Travis Walton. His story in unbelievable, complete nut job sci fi stuff, then consider a bunch of redneck loggers with nothing to gain and everything to lose corroborated his story via polygraph three times each, with only 1 test being marked inconclusive as the guy had had enough and pulled himself off the equipment.

It's really hard to actually confront the idea that aliens are whizzing about on earth on a regular basis, but that's what I've come to believe. Yes there are a lot of nutjobs and attention seeking liars out there, but there are also some accounts which hold up to level headed scrutiny beyond all reasonable doubt. Our very own rendlesham incident being a good example.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:54 - Feb 8 with 1407 viewsNthQldITFC

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:47 - Feb 8 by SouperJim

I've long been interested in this subject as a cautious sceptic. Aatip basically confirmed that UFOs are real.

I remember hearing Bob Lazar on the radio back in the 90s describe a deliberate "drip feed" of information to the public over several decades in order to not cause complete panic. Seems clear to me he was on the money.

If you want to get really freaky, read up on Travis Walton. His story in unbelievable, complete nut job sci fi stuff, then consider a bunch of redneck loggers with nothing to gain and everything to lose corroborated his story via polygraph three times each, with only 1 test being marked inconclusive as the guy had had enough and pulled himself off the equipment.

It's really hard to actually confront the idea that aliens are whizzing about on earth on a regular basis, but that's what I've come to believe. Yes there are a lot of nutjobs and attention seeking liars out there, but there are also some accounts which hold up to level headed scrutiny beyond all reasonable doubt. Our very own rendlesham incident being a good example.

I don't have an opinion either way on this, but I certainly hope you're right. ET might be able to stop us, or help us to stop fking up the world, because we don't seem capable or willing to do it on our own.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:56 - Feb 8 with 1404 viewsStokieBlue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:47 - Feb 8 by SouperJim

AATIP - They confirmed that something is flying around but didn't give any opinion on what it was. Technically this could be called a UFO but they haven't drawn any alien correlation.

Bob Lazar - This is a weird one, there is no confirmation that he even has a PhD let alone worked at area 51. Element 115 has now been created in public labs and it doesn't have any of the properties he assigned to it in the 1990s. However, it's well within the powers of the state to remove qualifications and job history.

Travis Walton - This is a strange one but worth noting that polygraph tests are far from conclusive. He certainly was somewhere for 5 days though.

There is no reason why aliens couldn't be here, the laws of physics as we know them don't prevent it, it would just take an awful long time to get here without physics we don't understand (which is certainly possible). As for whizzing about looking at military stuff - it's pretty much exactly what we would do if we were the aliens visiting another planet.

Things like abductions are very strange, one could see it happening out in the sticks but people who say they are abducted from central Manhattan would seem to be less credible - many people would spot such things happening.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:57 - Feb 8 with 1399 viewsStokieBlue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 09:54 - Feb 8 by NthQldITFC

I don't have an opinion either way on this, but I certainly hope you're right. ET might be able to stop us, or help us to stop fking up the world, because we don't seem capable or willing to do it on our own.

How about this as a depressing thought:

Industrialised and advanced civilisation always ends with upsetting the balance of the planet and they screwed their own one up and thus are looking for one which is less screwed up.

After all, by definition they are alien and thus their motives are unknowable without interaction.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024