Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday 2023 Plans 17:44 - Jan 4 with 5796 viewsAce_High1

What are your plans for this year, staying local or planning to book that dream trip?

Anyone have good ideas for places to go in March and June? Ideally hot weather!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 3385 viewsnoggin

We've booked flights to Split in August. Just need to find the right Air BnB place now. Never been to Croatia but heard it's lovely.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 3361 viewsITFC_Forever

We do Cornwall every May half-term, and have also done so for August for the last few years so to Covid.
But eldest daughter will be 18 this summer so this year could be her last holiday with us (until she sponges another holiday off us next year!), so we are thinking of going further afield. Don’t know where yet.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 3334 viewsChurchman

I am skiing in Finland for a few weeks in Feb with a mate. I’ll be away with my golf buddy for a few days later in the year and there will be a few days away watching cricket oop north with buddies in July.

In September me and Mrs C have a river cruise down the Douro booked. Costing an arm and a leg, so the intention is to sample as much Port as possible. We will also do a few days in the early spring/summer in England. Winchester area or possibly Chester way.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 3323 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Prague for 3 nights end of March with Mrs SSB.
Possibly Vilnius with my son in summer, again for 3 or 4 nights.
May go to France in autumn to stay with friends who are doing up a house near Poitiers.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 3333 viewslowhouseblue

according to green thinkers on radio 4 this morning discussing how we in rich countries need to change our consumption to save the planet, one of the 6 key commitments we all need to make is no more than one return short haul flight every 3 years and no more than one return long haul flight every 8 years. just saying.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 18:12]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Sod that.... on 18:30 - Jan 4 with 3214 viewsBloots

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:09 - Jan 4 by lowhouseblue

according to green thinkers on radio 4 this morning discussing how we in rich countries need to change our consumption to save the planet, one of the 6 key commitments we all need to make is no more than one return short haul flight every 3 years and no more than one return long haul flight every 8 years. just saying.

....I'm going round the Greek Islands for 2 weeks in June and probably Vegas in the autumn sometime (dependant on fixtures)

YOLO.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:37 - Jan 4 with 3167 viewsclive_baker

Ireland for me. We tend to go over every year to see my wife’s family but it’s normally a short trip, so this year we’re going to make a holiday of it. Head over by ferry, take the car and do the south and up the west coast. Don’t want to do too much driving though with little ones so will make sure the stops are a decent amount of time and not too ambitious in terms of what we fit in. Probably do a mix of hotels, camping, air bnb, staying with family.

We’re not really sun seekers anyway, but we both love travel. However with our 2 kids the ages they’re at now the prospect of going further afield this year isn’t all that appealing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sod that.... on 18:42 - Jan 4 with 3134 viewsSitfcB

Sod that.... on 18:30 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....I'm going round the Greek Islands for 2 weeks in June and probably Vegas in the autumn sometime (dependant on fixtures)

YOLO.

Greta fuming at you.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

20 year olds are like that. (n/t) on 18:44 - Jan 4 with 3130 viewsBloots

Sod that.... on 18:42 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

Greta fuming at you.

Sod that.... on 18:46 - Jan 4 with 3109 viewsJ2BLUE

Sod that.... on 18:42 - Jan 4 by SitfcB

Greta fuming at you.

2.6 tonnes of CO2 for a return flight to Vegas.

Doesn't she refuse to fly for that reason?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nah, it's cos she's..... on 18:47 - Jan 4 with 3097 viewsBloots

Sod that.... on 18:46 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

2.6 tonnes of CO2 for a return flight to Vegas.

Doesn't she refuse to fly for that reason?

....under 21, otherwise she'd be well up for it.

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:51 - Jan 4 with 3041 viewsDeano69

Normally (pre-covid that is) book over a year in advance. We were waiting it out to see how money pans out. This missus left it until this week for booking something in August, and that was only because we had such a crap end of the year and she found a bargain in Malta. About half the price of the long haul stuff we were looking at.

The holiday we had last year in Tenerife for 3 people, 14 nights all inclusive, peak time, £10,500. Double last year (which I thought was more than enough)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Nah, it's cos she's..... on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 3019 viewsSitfcB

Nah, it's cos she's..... on 18:47 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....under 21, otherwise she'd be well up for it.

Apparently it was her birthday yesterday so there’s always this time next year.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Holiday 2023 Plans on 19:04 - Jan 4 with 2951 viewsChondzoresk

My usual luxury Llandudno hols. Love the place. I'd move there tomorrow if I could. Hopefully in the next couple of years we will go on a tour of the Fjords too.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 19:07 - Jan 4 with 2950 viewsPinewoodblue

Portman Road Saturday, first time in years. Following weekend music event in Co Donegal, fly to City of Derry Airport from Stansted. Few more weekend breaks arranged plus a couple of short cruises, 4 & 7 nights.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Holiday 2023 Plans on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 2908 viewsBlueForYou

Costa del Sol for 10 days in late March, then 10 days in a real nice hotel in Lanzarote, mid May. Have quite a few days at the Ashes Tests in June/July. Going to be a good year.
[Redacted] on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 2887 viewsvictorywilhappen

Holiday 2023 Plans on 17:47 - Jan 4 by noggin

We've booked flights to Split in August. Just need to find the right Air BnB place now. Never been to Croatia but heard it's lovely.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 19:34 - Jan 4 with 2836 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Holiday 2023 Plans on 20:26 - Jan 4 with 2740 viewsLeistonBlue

I’m off to Moldova in March - though I realise it might not be everyone’s cup of tea! Going to take in their euro qualifying games vs Faroe Islands and Czechia. Should be an interesting few days!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 20:31 - Jan 4 with 2724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lol. As if I plan that far ahead. I booked tomorrow off this afternoon though. Probably too late to find somewhere to go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 20:45 - Jan 4 with 2669 viewsyorkshireblue

Currently booked:

Lanzarote.
Costa Dorada.
Slovenia.
France - for the Rugby World Cup.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 21:59 - Jan 4 with 2601 viewsthecheek

School holidays scenario with young daughter so had to be organised early..

Easter - Mijas, Spain
July - Cornwall, England
August - Split, Croatia
Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:02 - Jan 4 with 2569 viewsNthQldITFC

No-one wants the truth.

Fkn lemmings.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:13 - Jan 4 with 2541 viewsFreddies_Ears

A ski week late Jan/ early Feb, by train via overnights in Paris & Geneva. Usual month in Mallorca in-between football seasons, driving, so plenty of time in France on the way there & back... Looks like no flying again this year.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:30 - Jan 4 with 2461 viewshatch

Off to Paris this weekend for a friend’s birthday.

Then it’s mostly honeymoon planning for May. Mexico and California. So if anyone has any tips on where to stay along the coast south of Cancun please let me know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024