Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday 2023 Plans 17:44 - Jan 4 with 5815 viewsAce_High1

What are your plans for this year, staying local or planning to book that dream trip?

Anyone have good ideas for places to go in March and June? Ideally hot weather!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:48 - Jan 4 with 1406 viewsFreddies_Ears

Holiday 2023 Plans on 20:26 - Jan 4 by LeistonBlue

I’m off to Moldova in March - though I realise it might not be everyone’s cup of tea! Going to take in their euro qualifying games vs Faroe Islands and Czechia. Should be an interesting few days!

Had a great time there on an England trip some years ago. Take a torch, to reduce the risk of spraining an ankle - there are some impressive potholes on pavements as well as streets.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 1372 viewsmikeybloo88

Holiday 2023 Plans on 17:47 - Jan 4 by noggin

We've booked flights to Split in August. Just need to find the right Air BnB place now. Never been to Croatia but heard it's lovely.

Split is ok for a day or two but would suggest taking ferry to the islands of Brac and Hvar and spending a few days on each...Milna on Brac is on a nice quiet bay if you want good restaurants and not too commercial, we liked it there.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 07:07 - Jan 5 with 1276 viewsAce_High1

Holiday 2023 Plans on 18:51 - Jan 4 by Deano69

Normally (pre-covid that is) book over a year in advance. We were waiting it out to see how money pans out. This missus left it until this week for booking something in August, and that was only because we had such a crap end of the year and she found a bargain in Malta. About half the price of the long haul stuff we were looking at.

The holiday we had last year in Tenerife for 3 people, 14 nights all inclusive, peak time, £10,500. Double last year (which I thought was more than enough)

Wow that must have been a very nice hotel?

My trip to Bahamas with business flights for two and staying at a Sandals cost the same as that Tenerife trip!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:19 - Jan 5 with 1222 viewsbrazil1982

Depending on finances, either 16 days in Namibia, or 10 days camping in Scotland as the "main" holiday.

A couple of long weekends - London, Gibraltar (mate has just moved there) and maybe Paris. Me and friends looking at a Budesliga match at Wolfsburg too.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:20 - Jan 5 with 1221 viewsbrazil1982

Holiday 2023 Plans on 20:26 - Jan 4 by LeistonBlue

I’m off to Moldova in March - though I realise it might not be everyone’s cup of tea! Going to take in their euro qualifying games vs Faroe Islands and Czechia. Should be an interesting few days!

Would love to do that. Report back please!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:31 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsDeano69

Holiday 2023 Plans on 07:07 - Jan 5 by Ace_High1

Wow that must have been a very nice hotel?

My trip to Bahamas with business flights for two and staying at a Sandals cost the same as that Tenerife trip!

Hard Rock Hotel, it was just over £5k last year

The joys of holidaying in the school holidays (and for 3 of us)

its was nice, but no way is it worth £10k, ridiculous

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:40 - Jan 5 with 1207 viewsusm

Kos in June
Scuba Diving in Spain in September
Thailand in November

That's the intention anyway, although none of it booked or confirmed yet

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 10:04 - Jan 5 with 1187 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:02 - Jan 4 by NthQldITFC

No-one wants the truth.

Fkn lemmings.

This is not a loaded question - just curious, do you never fly?
Login to get fewer ads

Holiday 2023 Plans on 10:07 - Jan 5 with 1180 viewsnoggin

Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:52 - Jan 4 by mikeybloo88

Split is ok for a day or two but would suggest taking ferry to the islands of Brac and Hvar and spending a few days on each...Milna on Brac is on a nice quiet bay if you want good restaurants and not too commercial, we liked it there.

Thank you. Any beaches you can recommend?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 1168 viewsthecheek

Holiday 2023 Plans on 22:30 - Jan 4 by hatch

Off to Paris this weekend for a friend’s birthday.

Then it’s mostly honeymoon planning for May. Mexico and California. So if anyone has any tips on where to stay along the coast south of Cancun please let me know.

If you don't want to stray off the beaten track then look at Playa Del Carmen and Tulum (amazing beach with Mayan ruins at the end of it). Also Isla Mujeres which is short boat ride from Cancun.

Not been but Isla Holbox is supposed to be amazing although that is North of Cancun.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 13:29 - Jan 5 with 1110 viewsCageyblue

Going to Vietnam in April/May. Anywhere in SE Asia will be hot in March though.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 13:38 - Jan 5 with 1104 viewsTractor_Buck

Long weekend in London in April - running London Landmarks HM whilst I'm there and get to spend some time with TBJnr as well.

North York Moors in May - went to the Dales last year, had a great time, so going back that way again this year. AirBnB

Probably the Cotswolds later in the year.

The inability to travel outside the country during Covid reminded me just how good a holiday in this country can be. Can't see us going abroad for a while yet, too much still to explore here.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 13:50 - Jan 5 with 1098 viewsNthQldITFC

Holiday 2023 Plans on 10:04 - Jan 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

This is not a loaded question - just curious, do you never fly?

Good question, very welcome.

I haven't flown for 5 or 6 years, but I used to fly UK-Aus every couple of years or so, so very guilty in the past.

We have to start taking responsibility and change our ways while there might still be a chance of averting disaster for nature and for our kids.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Holiday 2023 Plans on 14:14 - Jan 5 with 1074 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Holiday 2023 Plans on 13:50 - Jan 5 by NthQldITFC

Good question, very welcome.

I haven't flown for 5 or 6 years, but I used to fly UK-Aus every couple of years or so, so very guilty in the past.

We have to start taking responsibility and change our ways while there might still be a chance of averting disaster for nature and for our kids.

Fair play for sticking with your principles, and it does feel wrong in light of the climate emergency to have a d1ck swinging contest about who’s going where. I appreciate that’s probably not most people’s intention, and know how important a holiday is to our physical and mental health given how hard work (and other stresses are).

Personally I’d have some kind of carbon allowance per person so that we can all still enjoy a holiday, visiting other cultures etc. I don’t think incremental taxes are enough, or fair as it won’t reign in the rich/Royals/politicians etc and they’d just buy their way out of it. Saving the planet shouldn’t be JUST for the plebs.

Sorry for derailing!
Holiday 2023 Plans on 14:35 - Jan 5 with 1069 viewshype313

Holiday 2023 Plans on 14:14 - Jan 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Fair play for sticking with your principles, and it does feel wrong in light of the climate emergency to have a d1ck swinging contest about who’s going where. I appreciate that’s probably not most people’s intention, and know how important a holiday is to our physical and mental health given how hard work (and other stresses are).

Personally I’d have some kind of carbon allowance per person so that we can all still enjoy a holiday, visiting other cultures etc. I don’t think incremental taxes are enough, or fair as it won’t reign in the rich/Royals/politicians etc and they’d just buy their way out of it. Saving the planet shouldn’t be JUST for the plebs.

Sorry for derailing!

Flying is a right pain in the arris anyway, the whole airport experience is painful to the point I'd rather not bother going through it.

I shall be getting the Eurostar to Amsterdam in the summer for a long weekend and a week on the Gower peninsula.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Holiday 2023 Plans on 00:06 - Jan 9 with 915 viewsRunAMile

Been to SE Asia last year so I am planning to go somewhere in Australia or Europe. Haven't booked anything yet since I am still considering some factors.
Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:18 - Jan 9 with 833 viewssolemio

Nobody going to Clacton?
Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:38 - Jan 9 with 814 viewsitfcjoe

We have a static caravan in Norfolk so that will be the bulk of our holidays this year - week at Easter, a couple of single weeks in summer holidays and any weekends we can find.

I quite fancy a sun break in Feb but Mrs itfcjoe needs to sort her passport out (because of stupid rules) and don't think it will happen. She also is keen for Disneyland Paris so that may be a budget breaker.

Otherwise, with kids at the ages they are at, and with what we pay yearly for the caravan we just like to use it as much as we can and we all love it up there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:46 - Jan 9 with 804 viewsitfcjoe

Holiday 2023 Plans on 14:35 - Jan 5 by hype313

Flying is a right pain in the arris anyway, the whole airport experience is painful to the point I'd rather not bother going through it.

I shall be getting the Eurostar to Amsterdam in the summer for a long weekend and a week on the Gower peninsula.

Such a shame that Ebbsfleet and Ashford seem to be being permanently shut

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:54 - Jan 9 with 801 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hopefully doing our 25th wedding anniversary road trip from the east coast to the west coast of the USA, which we had to put off last year for family reasons.

Not going to book any accommodation. Just fly to New York, hire a car and point it in the right direction.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:08 - Jan 9 with 770 viewsblueasfook

Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:54 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

Hopefully doing our 25th wedding anniversary road trip from the east coast to the west coast of the USA, which we had to put off last year for family reasons.

Not going to book any accommodation. Just fly to New York, hire a car and point it in the right direction.

That's on my bucket list, to do a road trip across the US.

Can I come PLEEEEEEAAAASE!!!!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:12 - Jan 9 with 769 viewskiwiblue

Staying local on the north island leaving tomorrow for a couple of weeks biking with the family, obviously summer here but the worst I have seen in 25 years since leaving the UK.
3 weeks of heavy rain and now forecast of a tropical storm due to blow through on Tuesday.
Pleased we are not camping.
My suggestion would be a trip to Nice in France for a week on the Med as it was one of my best trips a few years ago.
Best of luck
Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:15 - Jan 9 with 762 viewsblueasfook

Considering either Mexico or Phuket for my main hol. Not decided yet. See what my annual bonus is like.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:16 - Jan 9 with 764 viewstextbackup

....cost of living crisis..... where?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Holiday 2023 Plans on 09:22 - Jan 9 with 758 viewstextbackup

Holiday 2023 Plans on 08:38 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

We have a static caravan in Norfolk so that will be the bulk of our holidays this year - week at Easter, a couple of single weeks in summer holidays and any weekends we can find.

I quite fancy a sun break in Feb but Mrs itfcjoe needs to sort her passport out (because of stupid rules) and don't think it will happen. She also is keen for Disneyland Paris so that may be a budget breaker.

Otherwise, with kids at the ages they are at, and with what we pay yearly for the caravan we just like to use it as much as we can and we all love it up there

kids the age of yours, disney paris should be too expensive. we done it when ours were about the age of yours.

off topic, sort of, i've been saving for 6 years to take the family to florida disney, been my dream to do that since the kids were born, and probably even before that (as never went as a kid)
so been putting prices together, getting things lined up to go, dates etc. sat down with them all the other week to go through it all..... oldest doesnt really want to go as she hates rides, youngest isnt fussed about disney anymore and would rather a "normal holiday by the pool and beach" and missus only really liked the sound of going so she got a 3 week holiday....

so turns out it just 38 year old me that was excited for the disney experience lol.

now sacked that off and booked 2 holidays for lees of the price of what disney would have cost me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024