Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? 13:22 - Nov 8 with 3474 viewsRIPbobby

I'm English I love an underdog, but do they deserve the credit given? In my eyes they made next to no effort to win the game. They stifled us like almost every team has this season and that's all. Not warranted in my eyes.
I think Ian Wright summed it up well at the end when in all essence he said that ipswich did very well in the game.
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:28 - Nov 8 with 3144 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I thought they played very well and executed their gameplan for at least 45 minutes. They knew we were succeptable to the high ball and tried to frustrate and expose us with it the best they could. We are probably fortunate that the 4-4 brought our shortcomings into sharp focus as it allowed us to better prepare.

They were full in the tackle without being particularly dirty, they were tough to break down, and they were organised. They had a couple of opportunities in our half where either a poor decision or bad luck let them down. Can't really ask for more than that.

I was particularly impressed with their keeper up until he went down.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:28]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:31 - Nov 8 with 3113 viewsJ2BLUE

They played well. They didn't stick 11 men behind the ball for 90 mins so think you're being a little harsh. As Lee Dixon said, if a football match breaks out Ipswich will win it. Bracknell were playing to their strengths and deserve credit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:36 - Nov 8 with 3054 viewshype313

Thought they done very well, bear in mind we knacker out most League One teams who are professionals, the fact that they tried to keep going as part timers was a testament to them.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:43 - Nov 8 with 2999 viewsTractor_Buck

Yes. You would expect teams like that to go 11 at the back and lump it forward but they passed it about a bit, were strong in the tackle without ever really being nasty, defended well and broke on us a couple of times. It was a good advert for the Cup.

Their eventual downfall came from the constant pressing, also mostly well executed, which meant that they ran out of puff after an hour.

Jordan Esprit (he's a Strength and Conditioning Coach, just in case you didn't hear Tw*tterface mention it 20 times or you thought he was a driver for Waitrose) is quality and I can't see him hanging around at Southern Prem level for too long.

We played well, but they gave us a good game and for that they should be credited.
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:44 - Nov 8 with 2992 viewsGuthrum

I don't agree with that. I thought Bracknell did try to attack, to make chances. As evidenced by their 5 corners. It's just our defence was too strong for them to be able to turn that into shots on more than one or two occasions. Plus their final ball and shots were not of high enough quality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:47 - Nov 8 with 2920 viewsghostofescobar

Kind of agree. I thought they were poor compared to us, but that's because they are. We didn't let them look anything other than what they are i.e. a middling seventh tier team. They pressed us and man marked where they wanted to quite well for the first 30 mins of the first half and then the first 15 mins of the second, but I thought we just controlled the game throughout. When they had chances to deliver set pieces or decent crosses (which was likely to be their main goal threat) they were, by and large, awful. Did they play well compared to us? Nowhere near, but neither should they. We would have desperately hung on 12 months ago, with commentators saying "you'd never know these two teams aren't in the same league", with us getting a grim draw or worse. Shows how far we have come I think.

GhostOfEscobar

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:49 - Nov 8 with 2886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:43 - Nov 8 by Tractor_Buck

Yes. You would expect teams like that to go 11 at the back and lump it forward but they passed it about a bit, were strong in the tackle without ever really being nasty, defended well and broke on us a couple of times. It was a good advert for the Cup.

Their eventual downfall came from the constant pressing, also mostly well executed, which meant that they ran out of puff after an hour.

Jordan Esprit (he's a Strength and Conditioning Coach, just in case you didn't hear Tw*tterface mention it 20 times or you thought he was a driver for Waitrose) is quality and I can't see him hanging around at Southern Prem level for too long.

We played well, but they gave us a good game and for that they should be credited.

Yep, and the didn’t deploy sh1thouse tactics to slow the game down and waste time either, unlike some professional teams.

I suppose some people will accuse them of being naive, it just depends what your priorities are. I liked the way they went about things despite the gulf in league places.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:57 - Nov 8 with 2835 viewsclive_baker

I thought they did well. You can't underestimate the difference in quality between upper L1 and Bracknell, it really is night and day. Definitely in terms of quality but also from a fitness side of things, a lot of those Bracknell players will be back doing their day jobs this morning and the gulf between semi pro and pro is so vast from that perspective. Fitter, leaner, stronger, far more athletic and way better conditioned. It's such a big part of the modern game now and it's why young players often take some time to adapt to senior football. Over 90 minutes it's so tough to beat that sort of opposition, especially one that's in form and likes a possession based approach, as naturally it's hard to sustain for long periods. I thought Bracknell played to their strengths, tried to cause us problems when they could, worked hard and were well organised. They're not going to pop it around us in triangles for 90 minutes though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 2790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:57 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

I thought they did well. You can't underestimate the difference in quality between upper L1 and Bracknell, it really is night and day. Definitely in terms of quality but also from a fitness side of things, a lot of those Bracknell players will be back doing their day jobs this morning and the gulf between semi pro and pro is so vast from that perspective. Fitter, leaner, stronger, far more athletic and way better conditioned. It's such a big part of the modern game now and it's why young players often take some time to adapt to senior football. Over 90 minutes it's so tough to beat that sort of opposition, especially one that's in form and likes a possession based approach, as naturally it's hard to sustain for long periods. I thought Bracknell played to their strengths, tried to cause us problems when they could, worked hard and were well organised. They're not going to pop it around us in triangles for 90 minutes though.

The fitness gap was huge. We were running past them like they were going backwards at times and that was from the first minute before they tired. It was interesting watching just from that aspect alone. As you say, shows how hard it must be for the younger players to reach those levels.

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:04 - Nov 8 with 2759 viewsLankHenners

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 13:57 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

Yeah you often see it in these match-ups that the lower league side just gets knackered and it becomes very comfortable for the stronger side to knock it about and find space.

Could tell on the few occasions they got in our third their legs were feeling very heavy and just didn't have the speed or touch to make much of it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:13 - Nov 8 with 2676 viewsjontysnut

Quite a lot of them will have been doing a day's graft while we were preparing. Their best chance of anything would have been to disrupt the game and get a goal from a set piece. Can't blame them for that.
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:20 - Nov 8 with 2634 viewsIpswichKnight

We made them chase around trying to press us, as others have said few L1 teams can live with us when we do that for a non league side to do that for around 75 mins in total us going to totally knacker them.

We had a game plan and we executed it, we could have gone gun ho against them but would have left spaces and caused us some problems.

If they did spend 2 whole training sessions on set pieces it was totally wasted as they were awful and only managed to give Keogh more heading practice.
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 2446 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Football wise I think they did well. Kept us out for three quarters of the game which is pretty good going against such a string team from us.

The thing I keep thinking about us how commercially minded they seem to be for such a lowly ranked club and whether that takes some of the sheen away from the Roy of the rovers / magic of the cup feel? The all black branding on the advertising boards, the expensive hospitality tickets, the lottery draw for tickets…. On one hand it’s all commendable and should be applauded for making the most of the occasion. But on the other hand it seems a bit sad that a club as lowly ranked as that, is so geared towards making money and branding.

Might be overthinking it, but it crossed my mind!
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:03 - Nov 8 with 2405 viewsDeano69

They held us to 0-0 for well over an hour, hoping to catch a counterattack. But they lacked composure and quality in front of goal when slim chances cam their way (would be my only real criticism, but probably expected in the circumstances). No way they were going to go toe-to-toe with us playing football and played a more physical game, perhaps setting up not to concede too early, rather than the game being over in the first half an hour.

Thought they executed their game plan pretty well, but the gap in quality and our fitness levels were too much for them in the end.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:05 - Nov 8 with 2368 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:13 - Nov 8 by jontysnut

Quite a lot of them will have been doing a day's graft while we were preparing. Their best chance of anything would have been to disrupt the game and get a goal from a set piece. Can't blame them for that.

What it really tells us is that the Waitrose conditioning programme isn't up to much!

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:14 - Nov 8 with 2296 viewsChrisd

Considering the difference in quality and standard of the two teams then yes, they deserve plenty of credit. Bracknell are part timers, train twice a week and play on a Saturday they did all they could do really and they certainly stifled us for that first 50mins, we were far from convincing. That could be down to a number of variables: conditions, the playing surface, our player's attitude, but a huge amount of that goes down to how hard their players worked to close us down and they remained very disciplined.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 15:17]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:20 - Nov 8 with 2250 viewsChrisd

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:00 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

The fitness gap was huge. We were running past them like they were going backwards at times and that was from the first minute before they tired. It was interesting watching just from that aspect alone. As you say, shows how hard it must be for the younger players to reach those levels.

The cameras in their dressing room at half time showed how tired they were and how much effort they had used in that first 45mins.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:38 - Nov 8 with 2145 viewsdavblue

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:20 - Nov 8 by IpswichKnight

We made them chase around trying to press us, as others have said few L1 teams can live with us when we do that for a non league side to do that for around 75 mins in total us going to totally knacker them.

We had a game plan and we executed it, we could have gone gun ho against them but would have left spaces and caused us some problems.

If they did spend 2 whole training sessions on set pieces it was totally wasted as they were awful and only managed to give Keogh more heading practice.

Did they press us for 75 minutes though? Maximum of 25 minutes then there was a drop off, the midfielder 6 Knight smashed a few for those 25 mins then he was gassed for the rest of the game and didn't get near our midfield.
Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:45 - Nov 8 with 2094 viewsMetal_Hacker

Absolutely - first round proper for the first time holding a League side for best part of an hour at and putting on what seemed to be a great "event"

Too right they deserve the plaudits given

Poll: If it were one or the other

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 2055 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best way to understand

Go to work, finish mid afternoon and then go and mark Jackson for 60 minutes the same evening.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 15:59 - Nov 8 with 2018 viewsjayessess

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 14:20 - Nov 8 by IpswichKnight

Think we can take a bit more credit for the set piece defending. All set pieces look bad when you defend them well.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 16:32]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 16:21 - Nov 8 with 1935 viewsBlueBadger

Not sure what you're expecting the side from the Southern League with largely semi-professional players to do. Their best hope was to look to frustrate us and fluke a lucky one. They did exceptionally well to hold us as well as we did and, to their credit, did better than a fair few professional teams at our level.

Once we were ahead, professional fitness, technique and coaching was always going to win.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 16:23 - Nov 8 with 1914 viewshype313

Cookra is the new DaveU

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 16:32 - Nov 8 with 1862 viewsBlueBadger

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 16:23 - Nov 8 by hype313

Cookra is the new DaveU

While it's nice to have a purpose in life, habitually downvoting anyone pointing out that the Tories are unfit to govern on a football forum is a really rather odd and somewhat tragic purpose.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 17:36 - Nov 8 with 1604 viewsCoastalblue

Should bracknell get the credit they are getting? on 16:32 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

While it's nice to have a purpose in life, habitually downvoting anyone pointing out that the Tories are unfit to govern on a football forum is a really rather odd and somewhat tragic purpose.

We all need a hobby

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024