Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow 09:04 - Sep 19 with 2499 viewsWickets

Going to be interesting to see the team tomorrow, anyone care to predict?
Tomorrow on 09:12 - Sep 19 with 2215 viewsDubtractor

It will be a weaker team than we had against Northampton, no doubt about that. Couple of injuries in the squad, plus Leigh and Burns on international duty.

Suspect we'll see a few more of the U23 squad this time round.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tomorrow on 09:18 - Sep 19 with 2173 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky

KVY
Keogh
Edmundson
The young left back who used to play for man city

Edwards
Ball
Humphries

Harness
Ahadme
Ladapo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tomorrow on 09:27 - Sep 19 with 2154 viewsSheffordBlue

Tomorrow on 09:18 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Hladky

KVY
Keogh
Edmundson

Edwards
Ball
Humphries

Harness
Ahadme
Ladapo

Ahadme is cup tied apparently?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Tomorrow on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 2067 viewscatch74

Tomorrow on 09:18 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Hladky

KVY
Keogh
Edmundson

Edwards
Ball
Humphries

Harness
Ahadme
Ladapo

Thinking about KVY - he’s going to be cover for Leigh and Burns on Saturday, not sure if we can risk him.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Tomorrow on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 2042 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I'd expect no more than 45 minutes for anyone we will be needing on Sunday v Plymouth.
That means probably 45 each for KVY and Edwards as RWB.
Real shame that Ahadme is Cup tied.
With no Burns or Leigh available, it does mean we are likely to see a few U23s.
Cam Humphries I would think is a nailed on starter. Probably also Siziba, Fraser Alexander, Chirewa, Armin, will all get a game. Also get more minutes into Ball and Keogh. Hladky obviously in goal.
Suddenly our "huge" squad doesn't look so huge any more. I wonder if Camara is ready for a game yet?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 10:07]

Poll: would you rather

Tomorrow on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 2007 viewsitfcjoe

When you look at our senior squad, and who played on Saturday, plus who is likely to play next week it leaves us a little short on options.

GK - Hladky or Hayes

CB - Keogh, plus who else?

RB - KVY (but presumably wouldn't want to give him the whole game)

LB - Is Leigh available or already off with Jamaica?

CM - Ball and Humphries, is Camara fit yet?

RW - Edwards, presuming KVY will get the nod there on Sunday

AM/10 - Can TJJ play? If not, who else is there or do Chaplin and Harness do 45 mins each?

ST - Presume Ahadme cup tied, so Jackson and Ladapo with 45 mins each?

Alexander and Siziba played the last round, Chriewa was back starting for 21s last week.

Those others that have been regulars for U21s this year and presumably next in line are:
Brooklyn Kabongolo and Cameron Stewart (CB) [EDIT - Stewart away with NI U21s]
Harley Curtis and Matt Ward (Forwards)
Albie Armin (CB and LB) but I think is technically on loan at Braintree so may not be available
Edwin Agbaje (RB) and Max Hudson (LB)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 10:36]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tomorrow on 10:21 - Sep 19 with 1971 viewsJ2BLUE

Tomorrow on 10:17 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

When you look at our senior squad, and who played on Saturday, plus who is likely to play next week it leaves us a little short on options.

GK - Hladky or Hayes

AM/10 - Can TJJ play? If not, who else is there or do Chaplin and Harness do 45 mins each?

Alexander and Siziba played the last round, Chriewa was back starting for 21s last week.

Those others that have been regulars for U21s this year and presumably next in line are:
Albie Armin (CB and LB) but I think is technically on loan at Braintree so may not be available

Unless Keogh needs minutes it just seems such a risk to put him in for something like this.

I would be happy to see a mix of back ups and youths. Chaplin too valuable to risk unless he needs the minutes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tomorrow on 10:23 - Sep 19 with 1955 viewsitfcjoe

Tomorrow on 10:21 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Unless Keogh needs minutes it just seems such a risk to put him in for something like this.

I would be happy to see a mix of back ups and youths. Chaplin too valuable to risk unless he needs the minutes.

I'm sure Keogh needs a game though, he's barely had any minutes this season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow on 10:41 - Sep 19 with 1904 viewsgramps

GK - Hladky or Hayes

I think we need to put out a decent side as Arsenal Under 21's have done very well against us in the last couple of seasons, and we want to get through to next round by winning this match, because the Cambridge away match could be quite tough.

GRAMPS

Tomorrow on 10:45 - Sep 19 with 1893 viewsWickets

Tomorrow on 10:41 - Sep 19 by gramps

I think we need to put out a decent side as Arsenal Under 21's have done very well against us in the last couple of seasons, and we want to get through to next round by winning this match, because the Cambridge away match could be quite tough.

I think it might be stronger than many of you seem to suggest.
Tomorrow on 10:56 - Sep 19 with 1858 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Personally I think trying to predict tomorrows team is nigh on impossible. With the international call ups, injuries and 2 upcoming games against our rivals in 2nd and 3rd I would imagine we would want to keep as many first teamers away from this as possible.

That said, I'll give it a go:

GK - Hladky
RWB - Edwards
CB - KVY (Only for 45 though as imagine he will start Saturday)
CB - Keogh (c)
CB - Kabongolo
LWB - Hudson
CDM - Ball
CDM - Humphreys (if fit enough)
CAM - Siziba
CAM - Harness (45 mins max) or Chirewa
CF - Ladapo (45 mins max) or if eligible Tommy Hughes

Probably have this hopelessly wrong but there you go!
Tomorrow on 11:06 - Sep 19 with 1842 viewsTomTheWriter

GK - Hladky

RB - KVY
RCB - Keogh
LCB - Edmundson
LB - Davis

RCM - Ball
LCM - Humphreys

RW - Edwards
CAM - Harness
LW - John-Jules

ST - Ladapo

Not sure where the influx of kids argument has come from. Game is on Sunday, not Saturday, so extra day to regain fitness. Keogh, Ball, Humphreys, KVY, Edwards all without game time for a while. Harness & Ladapo got 30 mins only on Saturday.

Ideally it will be the side mentioned above, with Edmundson, Davis, Harness, Edwards & Ladapo coming off before/on 60 mins for whoever.

Armin, Hudson, Siziba, Chirewa, Ward, Alexander, Agbaje, Curtis could all be in and around the bench, but we should still be going strong.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Tomorrow on 11:32 - Sep 19 with 1700 viewstractordownsouth

Hladky

KVY
Keogh
Edmundson

Edwards
Ball
Chirewa
Davis

Harness
Humphries

Ladapo

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tomorrow on 11:34 - Sep 19 with 1687 viewstractordownsouth

Tomorrow on 10:21 - Sep 19 by J2BLUE

Keogh needs the minutes and we’ve got 5 of the 6 defenders fit so it’s not a massive risk to play him either.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tomorrow on 11:36 - Sep 19 with 1683 viewsPhilTWTD

GK - Hladky or Hayes

Kieran said that as far as he was aware TJJ would be ineligible. Just had a look around at that appears to be right, Carlton Morris couldn't play for MK against Norwich's U21s when they met.

Can't see Camara playing, he's working on his own for a couple of weeks to get up to fitness.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tomorrow on 11:36 - Sep 19 with 1669 viewsSomethingBlue

Tomorrow on 11:06 - Sep 19 by TomTheWriter

GK - Hladky

RB - KVY
RCB - Keogh
LCB - Edmundson
LB - Davis

RCM - Ball
LCM - Humphreys

RW - Edwards
CAM - Harness
LW - John-Jules

ST - Ladapo

Not sure where the influx of kids argument has come from. Game is on Sunday, not Saturday, so extra day to regain fitness. Keogh, Ball, Humphreys, KVY, Edwards all without game time for a while. Harness & Ladapo got 30 mins only on Saturday.

Ideally it will be the side mentioned above, with Edmundson, Davis, Harness, Edwards & Ladapo coming off before/on 60 mins for whoever.

Armin, Hudson, Siziba, Chirewa, Ward, Alexander, Agbaje, Curtis could all be in and around the bench, but we should still be going strong.

Rather not involve Davis as it's such a demanding role but with a five-day turnaround I'd otherwise expect us to go quite strong (even if I'd rather we didn't).

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tomorrow on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1618 viewspointofblue

Easier to say predict the Plymouth line up then backtrack?

At Plymouth: Walton - Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson - Vincent-Young, Morsy, Evans, Davis - Chaplin, Jackson, John-Jules

So…

Hladky - Vincent-Young, Keogh, Leigh - Edwards, Alexander, Ball, Humphreys - Harness, Siziba - Ladapo

Perhaps?
Ahadme for Siziba if he isn’t cup tied and it’d be a boost if Camara could get some minutes into his legs.

ETA - Missed Phil’s post about John-Jules being ineligible.
Second edit: As Leigh is still about…
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 12:08]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think Camara has had a small operation/procedure on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1614 viewsunstableblue

GK - Hladky or Hayes

So imagine a few more weeks for him

With the international call-ups, and Burgess/Aluko injuries… and with such an important game and a long journey this weekend in the league (although it’s Sunday so more time to recover) I think it’s a bit of a selection conundrum for McKenna - and what once was viewed as too large a squad seems to have been well advised. Indeed another CB injury and perhaps we’d call back Baggot if we’re allowed?! Believe Ndaba is injured.

I think we may see McKenna go for more youths in the starting 11, beyond the definite starter Humphreys

Hladky to start
Burns away means KVY will start at Plymouth. Assume he’ll get 45mins Tuesday.
Keogh starts does he risk Donacien and Edmundson? perhaps not the latter!
Don’t know if Leigh is available, but would you risk Davis?! I wouldn’t
Ball and Humphreys I’m the middle
Edwards definite
Harness and Ladapo and JJ? Assume Ahadme cup tied

Interesting challenge

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Tomorrow on 11:41 - Sep 19 with 1611 viewsunstableblue

Tomorrow on 11:36 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

Kieran said that as far as he was aware TJJ would be ineligible. Just had a look around at that appears to be right, Carlton Morris couldn't play for MK against Norwich's U21s when they met.

Can't see Camara playing, he's working on his own for a couple of weeks to get up to fitness.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil I’m sure I heard McKenna say Camara had been working on his fitness but now had a small procedure to speed the resolution of the problem?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Tomorrow on 11:42 - Sep 19 with 1608 viewsbilllm

Tomorrow on 10:23 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

I'm sure Keogh needs a game though, he's barely had any minutes this season

I think Keogh will start, we have ball as emergency cover, Keogh needs minutes for fitness and the systems we play,
Tomorrow on 11:45 - Sep 19 with 1588 viewsbilllm

Tomorrow on 11:39 - Sep 19 by pointofblue

Easier to say predict the Plymouth line up then backtrack?

At Plymouth: Walton - Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson - Vincent-Young, Morsy, Evans, Davis - Chaplin, Jackson, John-Jules

So…

Hladky - Vincent-Young, Keogh, Leigh - Edwards, Alexander, Ball, Humphreys - Harness, Siziba - Ladapo

Perhaps?
Ahadme for Siziba if he isn’t cup tied and it’d be a boost if Camara could get some minutes into his legs.

ETA - Missed Phil’s post about John-Jules being ineligible.
Second edit: As Leigh is still about…
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 12:08]

I think shame will start at Plymouth,
Tomorrow on 11:48 - Sep 19 with 1572 viewsbilllm

Tomorrow on 11:45 - Sep 19 by billlm

I think shame will start at Plymouth,

And his brother Ahadme,
Tomorrow on 12:02 - Sep 19 with 1524 viewsPhilTWTD

Tomorrow on 11:41 - Sep 19 by unstableblue

Phil I’m sure I heard McKenna say Camara had been working on his fitness but now had a small procedure to speed the resolution of the problem?

He didn't mention a procedure when he spoke to us, although I saw it reported on one of the EFL clickbait news sites that he would require surgery, but I think they misinterpreted what he said.

“Panutche is a different case, he’s still going to be a little bit of time away. He did some training with the group,” McKenna added.

“The issue that we knew he had when he arrived was a small issue in his groin that we wanted to assess over a few days’ training and I think the medical team have looked at it and alongside Panutche don’t feel like he’s quite in a position to be able to set himself up to come into games and set himself up for a strong season.

“He’s a player who’s had very few injuries in his career and great availability and is going to be a really important player for us.

“We’re going to take our time with him, take a couple of weeks to build him up slowly because he’s missed a lot time and he still has a little bit of an issue on his groin, so we want to make sure we do everything right by that and get him to 100 per cent before we bring him into action because it’s a long season and were going to need him.

“He’s going to be working away from the team for a couple of weeks just to build that base and he’ll come back into fixtures a little bit later.”

McKenna: Ahadme Making Good Impression, Camara Needs a Bit of Time 12th Sep 2022 15:23
Blues manager Kieran McKenna says new striker Gassan Ahadme has made a good impression on his teammates since joining the club, but fellow deadline day signing Panutche Camara is a little way off making his Town debut due to the groin injury he picked up in pre-season with Plymouth. 4

Tomorrow on 12:06 - Sep 19 with 1487 viewsPhilTWTD

Tomorrow on 11:36 - Sep 19 by SomethingBlue

Rather not involve Davis as it's such a demanding role but with a five-day turnaround I'd otherwise expect us to go quite strong (even if I'd rather we didn't).

Think Leigh is still around, Jamaica squad doesn't assemble until the 24th.
Tomorrow on 19:07 - Sep 19 with 1035 viewsMullet

Tomorrow on 12:06 - Sep 19 by PhilTWTD

Think Leigh is still around, Jamaica squad doesn't assemble until the 24th.

Does that mean he's part of a flat-pack four?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024