Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but 19:11 - Sep 8 with 3133 viewsKeno

you have to feel for her starting as PM like this.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:13 - Sep 8 with 2538 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Without any doubt, her eyes will have lit up.
She'll be remembered for this. Not many PM's get to mourn a monarch's passing.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:14 - Sep 8 with 2530 viewsclive_baker

Quite. Equally it’s an opportunity isn’t it, if she by some miracle shook up the Tories, lifted the country off it’s knees and navigated through such challenging times she could go down in history for the right reasons.

Can’t see it mind you.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 19:14]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:20 - Sep 8 with 2459 viewsOldsmoker

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:14 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

Quite. Equally it’s an opportunity isn’t it, if she by some miracle shook up the Tories, lifted the country off it’s knees and navigated through such challenging times she could go down in history for the right reasons.

Can’t see it mind you.

After reading your post I looked out of the window and OMG is that a flying pig?
No, just a funny shaped cloud.

Chris Bryant (Labour - Rhondda) - has said a few Tory MP's have asked him if 'You lot in Labour' are p*ssing yourselves laughing over Liz Truss as PM.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:23 - Sep 8 with 2437 viewsgtsb1966

I feel nothing but contempt for her just as she does for a large number of the British people.
[Redacted] on 19:28 - Sep 8 with 2400 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:32 - Sep 8 with 2368 viewsazuremerlangus

Boris has done a better job at a tribute though.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 19:33]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:33 - Sep 8 with 2345 viewsgordon

It's a dream start for her! Boris would've loved all this nonsense as well.
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:38 - Sep 8 with 2289 viewsfactual_blue

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:33 - Sep 8 by gordon

Reminder: by factual_blue 8 Sep 2022 18:38
I'm particularly delighted that boris has been denied the opportunity to go full Sir Winston Churchill.

I bet he'd he lined up at the foot of the aircraft's steps to greet the new boy king on his return to London.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:39 - Sep 8 with 2277 viewsfactual_blue

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:32 - Sep 8 by azuremerlangus

Boris has done a better job at a tribute though.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 19:33]

Edwards and Witchell contrasted it with the 'elegant' tribute from liz truss.

Less is more is an idea lost on the wafflemeister.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:42 - Sep 8 with 2259 viewsParky

Not my PM.
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 21:27 - Sep 8 with 2063 viewsRyorry

Actually I do feel a tad of sympathy for her personally re this specifically - must be pretty awful to go from kissing the monarch's hand as new PM on Monday, to leading the tributes on her death only 3 days later - quite emotional & upsetting I imagine.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 21:32 - Sep 8 with 2040 viewsMullet

Unfortunately I suspect she'll be surrounded by gleeful spin doctors, thinking how they can rinse this for every bit of political capital going.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 21:53 - Sep 8 with 1962 viewsLord_Lucan

Come on Keno

This is absolute gold for her.

Incredible timing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 22:03 - Sep 8 with 1925 viewsVic

She needs to get some public speaking lessons!

I mean, I loathed Johnson, but boy, he had a way with rhetoric. Surely we have gone from our best orator to our worse! Her statement outside number 10 was painful.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 07:14 - Sep 9 with 1700 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 21:32 - Sep 8 by Mullet

Unfortunately I suspect she'll be surrounded by gleeful spin doctors, thinking how they can rinse this for every bit of political capital going.

The Queen won’t be the only thing ‘buried’ in the next 2 weeks.

The Govt will absolutely use this period to their advantage.
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 07:48 - Sep 9 with 1627 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 22:03 - Sep 8 by Vic

I mean, I loathed Johnson, but boy, he had a way with rhetoric. Surely we have gone from our best orator to our worse! Her statement outside number 10 was painful.

Most confident to least confident is how I’d put it, rather than best to worst. BJ could blather on for ages without saying anything and vastly overrated his own ability. But he made people laugh. Truss seems the opposite. She really doesn’t like public speaking does she? Definitely needs a bit of help. Gove might have some ideas how to relax her a bit!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 08:42 - Sep 9 with 1554 viewsitfcjoe

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:14 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

Can’t see it mind you.

Her delivery of speech was fine, but it was pretty unmemorable compared to previous similar tributes (i.e. Diana and Phillip)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 08:51 - Sep 9 with 1514 viewsblueislander

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 07:48 - Sep 9 by Swansea_Blue

Most confident to least confident is how I’d put it, rather than best to worst. BJ could blather on for ages without saying anything and vastly overrated his own ability. But he made people laugh. Truss seems the opposite. She really doesn’t like public speaking does she? Definitely needs a bit of help. Gove might have some ideas how to relax her a bit!

Loving your last sentence . The imagination can run wild thinking of Gove “relaxing” Truss.
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 09:55 - Sep 9 with 1425 viewsRyorry

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 22:03 - Sep 8 by Vic

I'd be no better than her, but was bright enough not to go into politics for that very reason - ie not having the gift of the gab, I knew I'd never be able to hack it as a politician!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 09:58 - Sep 9 with 1398 viewschicoazul

Why don’t you like her, aren’t you a Lib Dem too?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 10:36 - Sep 9 with 1339 viewsKeno

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 09:58 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

Why don’t you like her, aren’t you a Lib Dem too?

she has crossed the rubicon

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 11:30 - Sep 9 with 1263 viewsElephantintheRoom

Or you could feel sorry for Charles - he’s got to risk meeting her knowing he might be gone in two days.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 11:46 - Sep 9 with 1244 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 19:33 - Sep 8 by gordon

Boris will be spitting that he missed out on this by just a few days... ha!
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 12:18 - Sep 9 with 1208 viewsJohnWarksTash

I couldn't feel less sorry for her. This is the job she wanted.
I'm not a particular fan of Liz Truss but on 17:31 - Sep 10 with 1035 viewsGogs

Nope. Precisely zero sympathy for Liz Truss, sorry. If she can’t cope, or pretend to cope even, with the problems the country is facing, then what the hell is she doing as PM in the first place?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024