Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They’re at it again… 10:20 - Sep 7 with 14550 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Me me me!!!
They’re at it again… on 11:11 - Sep 7 with 1713 viewsNthQldITFC

Is this narcissism by proxy, or are they all the same person? Is there really someone who calls themselves the cruncher? An adult someone?

I just read that Twitter thread, and I couldn't quite believe it was really people begging for attention. Are we sure this isn't just a parody?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

They’re at it again… on 11:11 - Sep 7 with 1704 viewsportmanking

They’re at it again… on 11:07 - Sep 7 by abracaDOBRA_

Yep. He's come out on twitter saying he doesn't need pats on the back, but defo loving the attention and the fact his name is being spoke about.

Quite. It's all geared towards this 'Best Influencer' vote.

But then again, as Bedsheet himself says, it's only my opinion.
They’re at it again… on 11:26 - Sep 7 with 1625 viewsDJR

They’re at it again… on 10:30 - Sep 7 by abracaDOBRA_

It's proper virtue signalling. Only do something so people know about it and for the attention.

Most decent people quietly donate, like the link I put on here yesterday to it. I'm sure a lot donated something and didn't even post on the thread that they had done.

As 1 Corinthians 13 of the King James Bible puts it.

".. charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"
They’re at it again… on 11:28 - Sep 7 with 1635 viewsbluesince84

In fairness this is Matt, not the cruncher or Martin, I can assure you they are absolutely livid at this , whether you like them or not , and each of those opinions is fair , they have done a hell of a lot for fans , buying season tickets , getting behind the popr campaign , raising money for fans to get to the game. Are they polarising , yes , but they also do massive work for the fan base , but this particular tweet … I’d ask you to look at talking towns response to it . They are as disgusted as I’m sure we all are .
They’re at it again… on 11:31 - Sep 7 with 1603 viewsxrayspecs

They’re at it again… on 11:06 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

It was a great campaign and without his input wouldn't have done anything, and the new stuff for disability team is as well and he's very good at this sort of thing

I think they have a problem, as all independent podcasts do, that the club prob want to control message if they can and no doubt they feel as though they give more to the club than they get back and it probably comes to a head at certain points internally for them

But they've gone after the club, gone after TWTD, gone after Radio Suffolk now - they just have to plough their own furrow and not worry about trying to help the club out as won't get the thanks that they want for doing so

I used to lead corporate communications for a big company.

All companies want to control their narrative, so will seek to own initiatives that impact on their reputation and brand. No surprise that the club have introduced their version of charitable donations for tickets. It also removes any governance concerns with monies being channelled to organisations outside their control.

Companies will be very aware of their brand and will only want to be associated with organisations whose purpose and reputation is strong. Under MA, the club has built a good working relationship with established local media who have demonstrated their ability to act in a professional manner and for mutual benefit.

The club will also look carefully at the character and behaviour of organisations wanting to build a relationship with them before making any commitments. I can only imagine the discussions taking place at PR about the antics of this self proclaimed voice of Town fans.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 11:36]
They’re at it again… on 11:32 - Sep 7 with 1590 viewshype313

They’re at it again… on 11:28 - Sep 7 by bluesince84

In fairness this is Matt, not the cruncher or Martin, I can assure you they are absolutely livid at this , whether you like them or not , and each of those opinions is fair , they have done a hell of a lot for fans , buying season tickets , getting behind the popr campaign , raising money for fans to get to the game. Are they polarising , yes , but they also do massive work for the fan base , but this particular tweet … I’d ask you to look at talking towns response to it . They are as disgusted as I’m sure we all are .

Yep, just read the thread, he's getting piled on by a number of them currently.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

They’re at it again… on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 1563 viewsabracaDOBRA_

They’re at it again… on 11:31 - Sep 7 by xrayspecs

I used to lead corporate communications for a big company.

All companies want to control their narrative, so will seek to own initiatives that impact on their reputation and brand. No surprise that the club have introduced their version of charitable donations for tickets. It also removes any governance concerns with monies being channelled to organisations outside their control.

Companies will be very aware of their brand and will only want to be associated with organisations whose purpose and reputation is strong. Under MA, the club has built a good working relationship with established local media who have demonstrated their ability to act in a professional manner and for mutual benefit.

The club will also look carefully at the character and behaviour of organisations wanting to build a relationship with them before making any commitments. I can only imagine the discussions taking place at PR about the antics of this self proclaimed voice of Town fans.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 11:36]

Wort noting as well that club set up a donations section on the ticket website last time out
They’re at it again… on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 1562 viewsdavblue

If he doesn't represent the values of Talking Town then they need to let him go.

He drives a lot of the issues, either deliberately or not.
Login to get fewer ads

They’re at it again… on 11:38 - Sep 7 with 1563 viewsitfcjoe

I can only talk from my view, as a podcaster, but if one of their collective was doing something publicly that tarnished name and could cause long lasting damage I wouldn't be having a slanging match in public about it.

Without being too social media he said she said, Cruncher retweeted this before there was the big backlash and it was posted on here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

They’re at it again… on 11:38 - Sep 7 with 1536 viewsxrayspecs

They’re at it again… on 11:35 - Sep 7 by abracaDOBRA_

Wort noting as well that club set up a donations section on the ticket website last time out

Noted. Had not remembered that.
They’re at it again… on 11:40 - Sep 7 with 1515 viewsdavblue

They’re at it again… on 11:38 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

I can only talk from my view, as a podcaster, but if one of their collective was doing something publicly that tarnished name and could cause long lasting damage I wouldn't be having a slanging match in public about it.

Without being too social media he said she said, Cruncher retweeted this before there was the big backlash and it was posted on here

Im glad someone else spotted this as i was sure i saw that also!
They’re at it again… on 11:43 - Sep 7 with 1510 viewsIllinoisblue

They’re so desperate to be loved and accepted. It’s quite sad to see. They should take a leaf out of Griffin’s book; do what you do because you enjoy it and don’t continually snipe and bitch at others.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

They’re at it again… on 11:44 - Sep 7 with 1491 viewsabracaDOBRA_

They’re at it again… on 11:38 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

Yes I saw that too! Then when backlash he unretweeted it.
They’re at it again… on 11:45 - Sep 7 with 1480 viewsIllinoisblue

They’re at it again… on 11:35 - Sep 7 by davblue

If he doesn't represent the values of Talking Town then they need to let him go.

He drives a lot of the issues, either deliberately or not.

They could bring in someone more reasonable and balanced such as Fisherman.

62 - 78 - 81

They’re at it again… on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 1413 viewsdavblue

They’re at it again… on 11:45 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

They could bring in someone more reasonable and balanced such as Fisherman.

Would boost subscribers for sure.

Could have the Fisherman's hour, show 60 minutes of him telling people who's rubbish and who we should buy.
They’re at it again… on 12:17 - Sep 7 with 1355 viewsIllinoisblue

They’re at it again… on 11:58 - Sep 7 by davblue

Would boost subscribers for sure.

Could have the Fisherman's hour, show 60 minutes of him telling people who's rubbish and who we should buy.

People would be queuing up to smash that subscribe button!

62 - 78 - 81

They’re at it again… on 12:25 - Sep 7 with 1320 viewsIllinoisblue

When your boss politely tells you to STFU:

62 - 78 - 81

They’re at it again… on 13:02 - Sep 7 with 1244 viewsclive_baker

I would have taken your word for that had Cruncher not retweeted it until he realised what pillocks they all look. Now he's deleted that and commented in an attempt to save face. More U-turns than a Tory government that Cruncher.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

They’re at it again… on 13:07 - Sep 7 with 1217 viewsSamWhiteUK

They’re at it again… on 13:02 - Sep 7 by clive_baker

I would have taken your word for that had Cruncher not retweeted it until he realised what pillocks they all look. Now he's deleted that and commented in an attempt to save face. More U-turns than a Tory government that Cruncher.

Yeah, I thought he'd actually done alright there until someone pointed out that he'd done that. "No one is perfect" was his response
They’re at it again… on 13:10 - Sep 7 with 1191 viewsKieran_Knows

They’re at it again… on 13:07 - Sep 7 by SamWhiteUK

Yeah, I thought he'd actually done alright there until someone pointed out that he'd done that. "No one is perfect" was his response

They've all had a shocker this morning, and I'm absolutely all for it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

They’re at it again… on 13:15 - Sep 7 with 1183 viewsclive_baker

To be perfectly honest I don't engage in ITFC Twitter as it's 99% attention seeking ball bags who I've never met but already cannot stand. I lose track of them, but all the pretending to be "ITK", influencers, virtue signalling toss pots mostly. The scary thing is some (most) appear to be actual adults. Honestly blows my mind. And they have the nerve to talk down people on here??

But let's call a spade a spade, he was endorsing the sentiment of this until he saw the reaction, removed his retweet, and has since rowed back and thrown his mate under the bus. Don't anybody come at me with "absolutely livid at this" b0llocks.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

They’re at it again… on 13:21 - Sep 7 with 1139 viewsdavblue

TBF to him at least he admitted it, a lot of people would say prove it.
They’re at it again… on 13:37 - Sep 7 with 1077 viewsportmanking

They’re at it again… on 13:15 - Sep 7 by clive_baker

To be perfectly honest I don't engage in ITFC Twitter as it's 99% attention seeking ball bags who I've never met but already cannot stand. I lose track of them, but all the pretending to be "ITK", influencers, virtue signalling toss pots mostly. The scary thing is some (most) appear to be actual adults. Honestly blows my mind. And they have the nerve to talk down people on here??

But let's call a spade a spade, he was endorsing the sentiment of this until he saw the reaction, removed his retweet, and has since rowed back and thrown his mate under the bus. Don't anybody come at me with "absolutely livid at this" b0llocks.

Nailed it with the last sentence.

Said on Twitter that he was 'working and only read it briefly' before retweeting Dennis Wise's initial tweet. Yeah, right....

Then he cries wolf saying 'no-one's perfect'. It's not about being perfect, is it? If you put yourself on a fecking pedestal week in, week out, have some self-awareness FFS!
They’re at it again… on 13:38 - Sep 7 with 1599 viewsgreyhound

You know what I'm dreading... When we switch from ifollow and look for a new internal broadcast media team. Because this bunch of tools will be pushing and shoving to get to the front of the line to try and take that on.

Matt literally needs to be kicked off the show. While Rich is like marmite I think he does a lot of the heavy lifting while Martin traffic conducts. Matt adds nothing and constantly causes toxic discontent.

He will be pleased there's another thread from the den of rats anyway.
They’re at it again… on 13:43 - Sep 7 with 1558 viewsKieran_Knows

They’re at it again… on 13:38 - Sep 7 by greyhound

You know what I'm dreading... When we switch from ifollow and look for a new internal broadcast media team. Because this bunch of tools will be pushing and shoving to get to the front of the line to try and take that on.

Matt literally needs to be kicked off the show. While Rich is like marmite I think he does a lot of the heavy lifting while Martin traffic conducts. Matt adds nothing and constantly causes toxic discontent.

He will be pleased there's another thread from the den of rats anyway.

Can you imagine if Mark Ashton was on Twitter, how many messages he'd be getting from Cruncher with his 'Hi Mark, can you follow me so I can DM you please' line that he does.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024