Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 07:07 - Sep 8 with 1376 viewsSamuelowen88

28 Signings this summer..... 28!!!!!

Thats mental, surely a recipe for disaster

Poll: England v Wales Score

Nottingham Forest on 07:16 - Sep 8 with 1317 viewsbournemouthblue

They've gone full Paul Cook on a Premier League budget

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nottingham Forest on 07:20 - Sep 8 with 1312 viewsBlueBoots

My Chelsea supporting friends have been commenting on this, so I pointed out to them that supporters of a club that have 5 senior goalkeepers out on loan at the moment really aren't in a position to judge...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Nottingham Forest on 07:21 - Sep 8 with 1302 viewsChurchman

Their manager Steve Cooper did an amazing job in getting them promoted. If he keeps them there the spending will be justified. It’ll be interesting. Will they do so? No idea. They may get stronger as the team comes together; they may get found out. I guess it depends on the quality and type of player they’ve brought in and whose decision it was.

He might have a face like an unwrapped mummy, but Cooper is an excellent manager so they’re in with a good shout. It seems an odd way of going about it though. I assume without bothering to look that most of last season’s team were loanees or have been shipped out. Can’t imagine there’s a whole lot of love in the camp otherwise.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 8:06]
Nottingham Forest on 07:30 - Sep 8 with 1251 viewsChurchman

Nottingham Forest on 07:20 - Sep 8 by BlueBoots

My Chelsea supporting friends have been commenting on this, so I pointed out to them that supporters of a club that have 5 senior goalkeepers out on loan at the moment really aren't in a position to judge...

My avid Chelsea supporting mate did exactly the same thing, but then he thinks Palace’s goal was rightly disallowed and the CP player should have been sent off for an assault on the keeper.

He also believes Chelsea should be able to order clubs their players are loaned to to play them and all referees are biased against Chelsea. They never get any decisions and the sanctions put on Abramovich, who is a lovely man, we’re a disgrace. Chelsea have always been a top four club with a crowd of 80k plus.

You can’t beat a Chelsea fan for an objective view. Particularly one who never used to talk about football in the 1970s, 80s and early 90s.
Nottingham Forest on 08:03 - Sep 8 with 1166 viewsbournemouthblue

Nottingham Forest on 07:21 - Sep 8 by Churchman

Their manager Steve Cooper did an amazing job in getting them promoted. If he keeps them there the spending will be justified. It’ll be interesting. Will they do so? No idea. They may get stronger as the team comes together; they may get found out. I guess it depends on the quality and type of player they’ve brought in and whose decision it was.

He might have a face like an unwrapped mummy, but Cooper is an excellent manager so they’re in with a good shout. It seems an odd way of going about it though. I assume without bothering to look that most of last season’s team were loanees or have been shipped out. Can’t imagine there’s a whole lot of love in the camp otherwise.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 8:06]

Cooper is clearly pretty decent but this is a huge gamble

Villa threw loads of money at it and just about kept up, it can work but it's potentially devastating if they are relegated at the first attempt

The other extreme is Norwich where they are a bit too frugal and fail to stay up though seem to make it ridiculously easy when bouncing back, something we never quite mastered the art of sadly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nottingham Forest on 08:15 - Sep 8 with 1085 viewsWallingford_Boy

Nottingham Forest on 08:03 - Sep 8 by bournemouthblue

Cooper is clearly pretty decent but this is a huge gamble

Villa threw loads of money at it and just about kept up, it can work but it's potentially devastating if they are relegated at the first attempt

The other extreme is Norwich where they are a bit too frugal and fail to stay up though seem to make it ridiculously easy when bouncing back, something we never quite mastered the art of sadly

I’m sure the £100m in parachute payments, should they get relegated, would make it slightly less deviating!

RIP Sir Bobby

Nottingham Forest on 09:13 - Sep 8 with 906 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

You have to assume they’ve at least tried to be sensible in terms of contracts and clauses. There’s a couple of ‘loan to buy’ deals and one year deals like Lingard (albeit on crazy money)

But with that many there will inevitably be some that simply don’t contribute anything and if they get relegated could be lumbered with some they just can’t get rid of. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds for them
Nottingham Forest on 09:26 - Sep 8 with 856 viewsringwoodblue

I think it’s crazy spending. Brentford didn’t spend bring in that many players or spend that much money and they are establishing themselves as a half-decent PL side.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 09:29 - Sep 8 with 840 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nottingham Forest on 09:26 - Sep 8 by ringwoodblue

I think it’s crazy spending. Brentford didn’t spend bring in that many players or spend that much money and they are establishing themselves as a half-decent PL side.

It's too many but they did have an issue with the number of loan players last year.

I hope they stay up though. Nice to see some fairly long suffering fans getting a bit of success.
Nottingham Forest on 11:44 - Sep 8 with 652 viewsBigCommon

Sounds a bit like us last season. But their remit will be to stay in the division and not finish top 6.
If they do stay up. Then they can sort the wheat from the chaff and build further.. Again, bit like us this season.
I remember Fulham spending big on being promoted to the Prem' and it not working out a few seasons ago. But personally, I'd rather see teams have a go at it, Than just pocket the Prem' money, and hope.
I wish them well.. Don't mind Forest as a club..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024