Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? 21:34 - Dec 16 with 2114 viewsMullet

Pleased to see him in and the club have decided to announce him now, before the story builds much more.

It did occur to me on my walk home that maybe the biggest boon will be the profile of the squad we have flourishing under this new team. Regardless of the merits and failures of Cook's team, the biggest concern was coaching.

We have Edmundson, El Miz and Edwards in and around the first team with the possible return of Harper and Woolf to the fold. As well as several slightly older players who could be coached to much closer to their ceiling under this regime.

Clearly we will be a selling club who turns some of these players into big money assets. I assume that will be part of the structure and aims of the regime. It may also allow us to attract Celina and the like to stay on if they see it as a route back up.

I do think it's a little pointless bringing back the loans until summer, we have enough to contend with as it is though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:36 - Dec 16 with 2084 viewsJ2BLUE

Burns.

I think it's great the players know he will be in the stands for Sunderland. Big performance and a win to see off McGreal would be fantastic...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:37 - Dec 16 with 2057 viewsclive_baker

I think the more technical players that have something between their ears. KVY might be a contender for one that will really kick on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:40 - Dec 16 with 1980 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone prepared to work hard and fits into what he is bringing. My initial thought was Woolfenden.

The ones who had fallen out of favour previously must see this as a second chance but there is no way that he will be able to keep everyone happy either. How he manages those who are not in his main squad will need to be managed well. I think he needs to trim the squad a little.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:41 - Dec 16 with 1971 viewshomer_123

Dozzell and Bishop

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:59 - Dec 16 with 1867 viewscbower

Some proper coaching has been lacking for years. Not since Mick and Terry have we improved a player. Will be interesting to see how his role develops. Head coach or traditional manager. My guess is the former. Has Peter Reid also left the club?

bluescouser

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:01 - Dec 16 with 1836 viewsNthQldITFC

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:41 - Dec 16 by homer_123

Dozzell and Bishop

Now that would be magic!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:03 - Dec 16 with 1808 viewsmonty_radio

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:37 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

I think the more technical players that have something between their ears. KVY might be a contender for one that will really kick on.

Fraser and Chaplin, maybe Harper?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:05 - Dec 16 with 1787 viewsWD19

Moaners.
Login to get fewer ads

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:05 - Dec 16 with 1786 viewsstrikalite

Can't wait to see if he thinks Toto and Burgess can play out from the back...
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:10 - Dec 16 with 1710 viewsMullet

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 21:37 - Dec 16 by clive_baker

KVY has never looked like the player we signed has he? Mind you neither have the Wigan CMs or Fraser, or Pig etc. so it'd be nice to see them worked on.

I'd be keen to see what he can do with the player who have never played above this level too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:13 - Dec 16 with 1658 viewsfloridaboy

Think his first big job will be bringing in a keeper in January if the Walton story is correct.
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:18 - Dec 16 with 1584 viewsVic

El Miz, Evans and Woolf

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:20 - Dec 16 with 1523 viewsBeckets

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:05 - Dec 16 by strikalite

Can't wait to see if he thinks Toto and Burgess can play out from the back...

I think it will be a case of step forward Edmundsen and Woolfy.
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:43 - Dec 16 with 1389 viewsGeoffSentence

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:13 - Dec 16 by floridaboy

Think his first big job will be bringing in a keeper in January if the Walton story is correct.

Lee Grant will saunter down to get a few games in his twlight years.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:47 - Dec 16 with 1361 viewsBluearmy71

The whole frickein squad!!
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 07:25 - Dec 17 with 1058 viewsCornishMariner

Under the last three managers, players seem to have gone backwards since joining us so some reversal of that has to be a good thing. Fraser, Harper, Edwards, El Mizouni all stand out for me and we really do need the midfield to improve.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 07:34 - Dec 17 with 1022 viewsSharkey

Brett McGavin. (He's just been biding his time.)
Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 08:18 - Dec 17 with 948 viewschicoazul

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 22:13 - Dec 16 by floridaboy

We need to get away from the idea that the solution is always another newplayer. We have excellent coaches right across the board now and if Walton is off I’d like to see McK rehabilitate Hladky.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who do you expect to flourish under McKenna? on 08:44 - Dec 17 with 870 viewsStadiumofdark

I doubt it'll be some of the halfwits on this board.

The players have been in limbo for a couple of weeks, so now the appointments known, I'm hopeful we'll get a new manager bounce at last! And hope it lasts until May!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024