Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dozzell 21:38 - Apr 28 with 12504 viewsHarryB

what would everyones thoughts be if this happened?
dozzell on 08:37 - Apr 29 with 1327 viewshype313

For him potentially a great move, for us I think it would be silly to let him go, he's clearly had his issues but he's come into a team that is hugely lacking in confidence, rudderless and essentially been left to his own devices in how to manage a game.

I'd be really keen to see him in a forward thinking, positive, fully engaged squad.

It's easy to say lets bin them all off after the past 18 months, but sometimes I feel we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

dozzell on 08:39 - Apr 29 with 1318 viewssaffers12

dozzell on 08:37 - Apr 29 by hype313

For him potentially a great move, for us I think it would be silly to let him go, he's clearly had his issues but he's come into a team that is hugely lacking in confidence, rudderless and essentially been left to his own devices in how to manage a game.

I'd be really keen to see him in a forward thinking, positive, fully engaged squad.

It's easy to say lets bin them all off after the past 18 months, but sometimes I feel we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I understabd your point but good players in bad sides still stand out

See - Rathbone at Rochdale as an example

He has had plenty of times to stand out and I am happy to see him go but also would be happy if he did well in his career
dozzell on 08:39 - Apr 29 with 1318 viewsPinewoodblue

dozzell on 08:26 - Apr 29 by itfcjoe

Perfectly put

Maybe we should have a ‘be nice’ weekend on here and avoid negative posts about players, politicians, and each other.

Fat chance.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

dozzell on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 1277 viewsKeaneish

dozzell on 22:14 - Apr 28 by StokieBlue

Quite bizarre to see so many fans cite how rubbish Dozzell is even though he's wanted at a higher level.

See the same for Jackson at the end of last season.

SB

I don’t think he’s rubbish, I think he had an abundance of natural talent. Trying to get that to shine week in week out is the problem. In my experience, he’s always going to be a player who drifts rather than dominates. Any seven figure fee we get for him plus add ons would be great in my view.

I’d be happy if Mogga worked with him. Will be great to see how he progresses but we need something different at the moment and can Ill afford to wait in hope, unfortunately.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

dozzell on 08:53 - Apr 29 with 1251 viewsChurchman

dozzell on 08:39 - Apr 29 by Pinewoodblue

Maybe we should have a ‘be nice’ weekend on here and avoid negative posts about players, politicians, and each other.

Fat chance.

Great idea! There is actually a lot of positive things happening around ITFC, even if the last three games are to be endured. Positivism and ‘can do’ is something I hope the Americans will bring and shows in today’s EADT article about the Phoenix Rising Coach.

Having been to the US a few times it’s a big element on how it works. Yes, it can be a bit cheesy and sometimes contradictory (raise the flag in the morning and shoot your neighbour in the afternoon because he’s not cut the hedge), but by and large their approach will get things done better than ‘can’t do’ negativity.
dozzell on 09:13 - Apr 29 with 1215 viewsStokieBlue

dozzell on 00:07 - Apr 29 by WicklowBlue

Well we can agree to disagree of course we all have opinions. However to address your points:

I didn't state that it was blue-tinted to point out the short comings in the team at all. My point was to pause and assess the contribution of Dozzell(as we should do for everyone). I stated I would dearly love him to be a success and have been on record saying that he should be higher up the pitch where his passing ability would hurt teams.

"but if better teams want him there must be a reason." Sorry but that is completely disingenuous, the Championship and PL teams are hoovering up talent as they have the money to invest and take a risk that we cannot.

I will stand by my feelings that Dozzell arrived into the wrong team, Squad and Club at a critical time for his own development. Not sure I need to add to this...if we recruit well and find a place for Dozza in the new regime all for it.

Also I didn't state we needed to sell for financial reasons, I postulated is Dozza a player to build a team around. Being brutally honest we need to move past this protectionism around our own and focus on what will drive us up the league's.

Absolutely we can disagree.

Just two minor things:

- Blackburn are not a loaded team picking up talent from the lower leagues, any outlay they make on someone like Dozzell is going to be with the intention of going into the first team. Given this it's not disingenuous at all, in fact I feel that if teams from a higher league who aren't loaded want him it re-enforces my point.

- You did state it could help with regards to finances: "I'd sell for a decent fee with add-ons if that means we can bolster the midfield" - the "if" is the clause in here with regards to finances.

As you say, it would be nice if we recruit well and Dozzell fits into the new team and structure - that would be my hope. I feel it's just a little too early to write him off as many seem to have done but fully agree he's not been great this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

dozzell on 09:15 - Apr 29 with 1206 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure why everyone is taking this account so seriously but if it is true then I can’t imagine the fee is going to be much. How much could Blackburn pay? I would quite like to give him one more season is what will hopefully be a good team and see what he can do. If he can nail down a starting place and we got promoted he could be a key piece of a Championship team.

Harsh to judge any younger player over the last couple of seasons. Can’t say I’ll be heartbroken if he leaves but he deserves another chance and I don’t think we’ve got a lot to lose in the longer term by keeping him another year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

dozzell on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 1201 viewsmaccyd9

Dozzell is a weird situation. He is obviously technically good but I cannot recall one game in his career where he has dominated the midfield and effected the game in the right areas. I'm not even sure I can recall a half.

Dozzell had the luxury of being hugely rated at England youth level because in his own age group he stands out like a beacon. Against proper men who deny him time, I'm not sure he really effects games. He doesn't get goals, doesn't create and offers little protection defensively.

What he does do is keep the ball and keep it moving. Which is fine, if your a good side who dominates the ball, but we aren't. So maybe in some ways it's unfair to judge but equally, his influence on games is limited imo.

I think he'd look sensational in a side which has 60% + possession, but those sides are few and far between.
Login to get fewer ads

dozzell on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 1167 viewsPinewoodblue

dozzell on 09:17 - Apr 29 by maccyd9

Dozzell is a weird situation. He is obviously technically good but I cannot recall one game in his career where he has dominated the midfield and effected the game in the right areas. I'm not even sure I can recall a half.

Dozzell had the luxury of being hugely rated at England youth level because in his own age group he stands out like a beacon. Against proper men who deny him time, I'm not sure he really effects games. He doesn't get goals, doesn't create and offers little protection defensively.

What he does do is keep the ball and keep it moving. Which is fine, if your a good side who dominates the ball, but we aren't. So maybe in some ways it's unfair to judge but equally, his influence on games is limited imo.

I think he'd look sensational in a side which has 60% + possession, but those sides are few and far between.

We have had 60% possession in quite a few games this season. Dozzell would show more if he had players around him that made themselves available to receive the type of pass he can make.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

dozzell on 09:53 - Apr 29 with 1121 viewsmaccyd9

dozzell on 09:28 - Apr 29 by Pinewoodblue

We have had 60% possession in quite a few games this season. Dozzell would show more if he had players around him that made themselves available to receive the type of pass he can make.

I more mean possession in the right areas. It's easy to have 60% possession deep in your own half and that's where Dozzell plays. It's safe and easy.

He would no doubt look better with better players but that's the same with everyone.

In his 40 appearances this season, he's failed to score and registered 1 assist. Yes it's a struggling team but good players still stand out.

The biggest issue is I don't think anybody knows what type of player he is. I don't think he can play in a 2, he's not defensively effective enough for me to sit and doesn't do enough in the final third when he does get there.

He's a problem that we might not be able to solve.
dozzell on 10:01 - Apr 29 with 1121 viewsDyland

Anyone saying good riddance is a football know-nothing.

Same folk who didn't rate McGoldrick. Same kind of thing, anyway.

Totally bizarre a) how delusional some fans are when players are demonstrably hot property and b) how negative they are to our own players, and ones who are actual Town fans to boot.

Arrogance, jealousy and ignorance all rolled into one.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

dozzell on 10:08 - Apr 29 with 1090 viewsSuperCoops

dozzell on 07:54 - Apr 29 by tractorboy1978

It's fine to not particularly rate a player and not to be too disappointed if they leave but comments we regularly see on social media about players are totally unhelpful and in some instances, disgraceful. What ever happened to the adage "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 7:55]

It's because Social Media has given these a voice... And a podcast to be heard.
Bang on buh (n/t) on 10:11 - Apr 29 with 1086 viewsDyland

dozzell on 23:12 - Apr 28 by Melford

It's seems like it's open season on the players, they can't be all bad. Happened for years though, Delaney and McCauley leave and everyone says how sh!t they were then make hundreds of Premier League appearances between them after leaving here. You can't properly judge any of these players because they haven't been managed properly.

If this revolution had started in August and not April and PC had this lot to work with through pre-season and he started this season with the same squad he has now you would see a totally different look to it.

They're not all wasters nicking a wage, there's a few good footballers there who haven't been managed properly who have fallen out of love with the game a bit, which is fair with what you hear has gone on. Most of us fans have too.

Bang on buh (n/t) on 10:19 - Apr 29 with 1065 viewsSteve_M

Bang on buh (n/t) on 10:11 - Apr 29 by Dyland

The bit about falling out of love with the game is a pertinent one, both Noel Hunt and Chaplow stated that they had a bit before they came here under MM where there was a totally different atmosphere to their previous clubs.

Up to Cook to install that but without binning off every single player.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

dozzell on 10:22 - Apr 29 with 1057 viewsmaccyd9

dozzell on 10:01 - Apr 29 by Dyland

Totally bizarre a) how delusional some fans are when players are demonstrably hot property and b) how negative they are to our own players, and ones who are actual Town fans to boot.

Are they hot property? We'd have sold anyone for a decent fee last summer. If Palace had really wanted Downes, they'd have got him. Had anyone really wanted Dozzell, they'd have got him.
dozzell on 10:24 - Apr 29 with 1051 viewsGlasgowBlue

dozzell on 10:01 - Apr 29 by Dyland

As I said. I'm a bit meh. Not bothered either way.

I'd just like somebody to tell me what he actually brings to the team? What is it that he does so well?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

dozzell on 10:27 - Apr 29 with 1037 viewsDyland

dozzell on 10:22 - Apr 29 by maccyd9

Are they hot property? We'd have sold anyone for a decent fee last summer. If Palace had really wanted Downes, they'd have got him. Had anyone really wanted Dozzell, they'd have got him.

Hot property not the best phrase... I simply mean clubs in much higher positions wanting to buy them... not that they are worth a lorra money.

dozzell on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 1031 viewsmaccyd9

dozzell on 10:24 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

I'd just like somebody to tell me what he actually brings to the team? What is it that he does so well?

He doesn't. His neat and tidy but no goals and 1 assist in 40 League 1 games is a poor return. I appreciate he's sitting deep but he doesn't offer protection to the back 4. He's there to tick the game over.

I actually think technically he's good, but anybody could look good on the ball doing his role. It's the easiest on the pitch.
dozzell on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 1029 viewsDyland

dozzell on 10:24 - Apr 29 by GlasgowBlue

He's a very good footballer.

Iniesta would look a bit sh1t in our team, stat wise, managed by our numpty last couple of managers.

You are indeed a bit meh, Glassers x

dozzell on 10:32 - Apr 29 with 1007 viewstractordownsouth

As others have said, I think Dozzell is a decent player - you don't win international trophies with the England youth team if you're crap - and his passing ability is far superior to most midfielders in League 1. However, I'm not sure where he fits into the 4-2-3-1. Cook seems to like a tough tackler and a box-to-box player, and he doesn't suit either of those roles. He seemed to be most effective playing as the deep-lying playmaker in a 4-3-3 so maybe it's best for all parties if he moves on and we can get a reasonable fee for his services.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

dozzell on 10:36 - Apr 29 with 999 viewstractordownsouth

dozzell on 09:15 - Apr 29 by J2BLUE

Not sure why everyone is taking this account so seriously but if it is true then I can’t imagine the fee is going to be much. How much could Blackburn pay? I would quite like to give him one more season is what will hopefully be a good team and see what he can do. If he can nail down a starting place and we got promoted he could be a key piece of a Championship team.

Harsh to judge any younger player over the last couple of seasons. Can’t say I’ll be heartbroken if he leaves but he deserves another chance and I don’t think we’ve got a lot to lose in the longer term by keeping him another year.

It's difficult to tell how much he would cost, especially with Covid depressing the market. However, Blackburn aren't exactly poor - they've spent a fair wedge on Sam Gallagher and Ben Brereton in the not too distant past. And with the new ownership, we're less likely to need the money. I doubt we'd sell for less than £1.5m.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

dozzell on 11:03 - Apr 29 with 965 viewsSwansea_Blue

dozzell on 10:28 - Apr 29 by maccyd9

He doesn't. His neat and tidy but no goals and 1 assist in 40 League 1 games is a poor return. I appreciate he's sitting deep but he doesn't offer protection to the back 4. He's there to tick the game over.

I actually think technically he's good, but anybody could look good on the ball doing his role. It's the easiest on the pitch.

Yes, he's there to tick the game over and make interceptions, which he's been doing in the main. He's got a passing accuracy of ver 80%, is quite high up on the interceptions list. His stats are all the very definition of keeping things ticking over, and that's how he plays. He still struggles with the physicality and tackling, too often going to ground and commits too many fouls as a result. But he's obviously working on that as he tries to put himself about and will stand up for himself.

To criticise him for not creating and scoring enough is just daft, but it's something I see all the time. The best defensive midfielders in the PL haven't scored any more than Dozzell has.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

dozzell on 11:06 - Apr 29 with 954 viewsabracaDOBRA_

dozzell on 22:54 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

This is the fan account started by Sitters but definitely not run by him if you mention it right?

Was gonna say, why don't we just ask him where he got the info from hahaha
dozzell on 11:35 - Apr 29 with 920 viewsGlasgowBlue

dozzell on 10:28 - Apr 29 by Dyland

He's a very good footballer.

Iniesta would look a bit sh1t in our team, stat wise, managed by our numpty last couple of managers.

You are indeed a bit meh, Glassers x

You still haven’t told me what he brings to the party. Of course he’s a good footballer. He’s playing at a professional level. But what does he do? Other than tug somebody’s shirt when they run past him.

Is he a defensive or holding midfielder? As I said, he can’t tackle.
It’s he a deep midfielder who picks the ball up from the back four and sprays passes around the pitch? One decent pass in 5 IMO.
Is he box to box like Norris? How many times this season has he picked the ball up in our half, run at the opposition and had a 20 yard shot that has bothered the goalkeeper?

I just wish somebody could tell me what he does well consistently on the pitch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

dozzell on 11:50 - Apr 29 with 898 viewsmaccyd9

dozzell on 11:03 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, he's there to tick the game over and make interceptions, which he's been doing in the main. He's got a passing accuracy of ver 80%, is quite high up on the interceptions list. His stats are all the very definition of keeping things ticking over, and that's how he plays. He still struggles with the physicality and tackling, too often going to ground and commits too many fouls as a result. But he's obviously working on that as he tries to put himself about and will stand up for himself.

To criticise him for not creating and scoring enough is just daft, but it's something I see all the time. The best defensive midfielders in the PL haven't scored any more than Dozzell has.

Even he himself said recently he needs to get better and more influential at both ends of the pitch.

If he did a really sound defensive job you'd overlook the lack of ouput going forward. I do get that he's a relatively defensive midfielder but you'd expect more. Even if you take it back it step, he doesn't pass through the thirds in to the forward areas. The majority of his passing (hence is high completion rate) is sideways and back wards.

It's not that I don't rate him technically, I just don't feel like he influences games and will never have that in his game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024