Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC regarding players leaving. 14:12 - Apr 29 with 1672 viewschrismakin

Sorry. Last 'new thread today but not sure where to put it so here we go.

Regarding players leaving.

" the list of those being released will be out soon and also those who can leave"

Do you think we are publically going to offer out a raft of contracted players....

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:19 - Apr 29 with 1599 viewsBeckets

Yes and it will be labelled as “The Skip of Opportunity “
PC regarding players leaving. on 14:22 - Apr 29 with 1578 viewsBondiBlue

Norwood. Kenlock. Woolfenden? He's looking less and less like a centre-back every time i see him.

Poll: Which would you accept?

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:24 - Apr 29 with 1567 viewsjayessess

Sounds like it. Presumably that list is going to be under-contract players we don't think we could realistically get a fee for? Not impossible we might want to move Nolan, Dozzell, Norwood on, but I don't imagine we'd be sticking them on a list saying "free for a good home".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:37 - Apr 29 with 1499 viewspointofblue

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:22 - Apr 29 by BondiBlue

Norwood. Kenlock. Woolfenden? He's looking less and less like a centre-back every time i see him.

Woolfenden looks less and less like a centre back because he’s been treated as a glorified baby sitter for all but three games this season. The club have failed him badly.

Until the game at Fleetwood, Kenlock looked like one player who was actually responding to Cook. I don’t think he’s started a game since.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 14:41]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:39 - Apr 29 with 1483 viewslazyblue

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:24 - Apr 29 by jayessess

Sounds like it. Presumably that list is going to be under-contract players we don't think we could realistically get a fee for? Not impossible we might want to move Nolan, Dozzell, Norwood on, but I don't imagine we'd be sticking them on a list saying "free for a good home".

Nolan will be be playing for us next season.
PC regarding players leaving. on 14:44 - Apr 29 with 1451 viewsRadioOrwell

This could look like a closing down sale. ( except we're very much not closing down )
PC regarding players leaving. on 14:46 - Apr 29 with 1421 viewsEwan_Oozami

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:44 - Apr 29 by RadioOrwell

This could look like a closing down sale. ( except we're very much not closing down )

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:53 - Apr 29 with 1372 viewsjayessess

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:39 - Apr 29 by lazyblue

Nolan will be be playing for us next season.

I really can't see it. Contributes absolutely nothing defensively and not enough offensively for us to carry him.

Login to get fewer ads

PC regarding players leaving. on 14:57 - Apr 29 with 1348 viewsBeckets

Yes I think we are looking at the likes of Kenlock, Hawkins, one of the two keepers, Lankester and possibly McGavin.
PC regarding players leaving. on 15:07 - Apr 29 with 1276 viewsxrayspecs

Two comments.

PC will make available for transfer in-contract players who he does not want next season.

PC did not mention offering new contracts alongside his reference to released and available lists. Quite possible that not one of the out of contract players will be offered a new deal, Nydam may though get his option taken up for another year.
PC regarding players leaving. on 15:45 - Apr 29 with 1170 viewslongtimefan

Can’t see many who are in contract moving on voluntarily as most would be taking a pay cut. I suspect the only way we could move them on is paying up their remaining years.
PC regarding players leaving. on 16:52 - Apr 29 with 1052 viewsjayessess

PC regarding players leaving. on 15:45 - Apr 29 by longtimefan

Can’t see many who are in contract moving on voluntarily as most would be taking a pay cut. I suspect the only way we could move them on is paying up their remaining years.

It's pretty rare for clubs to pay up contracts like that I think?
We'll try and get someone else to pay some or all of their wages, I imagine.

PC regarding players leaving. on 16:55 - Apr 29 with 1029 viewslongtimefan

PC regarding players leaving. on 16:52 - Apr 29 by jayessess

It's pretty rare for clubs to pay up contracts like that I think?
We'll try and get someone else to pay some or all of their wages, I imagine.

Agreed. I suspect it depends on how motivated they are to try somewhere else. If they don’t want to go out on loan I doubt we can make them.
PC regarding players leaving. on 16:58 - Apr 29 with 1016 viewsDinDjarin

I quite like Nolan.
PC regarding players leaving. on 17:00 - Apr 29 with 1006 viewsjayessess

PC regarding players leaving. on 16:55 - Apr 29 by longtimefan

Agreed. I suspect it depends on how motivated they are to try somewhere else. If they don’t want to go out on loan I doubt we can make them.

No, but equally if it's made abundantly clear they have no future at Ipswich and won't be playing, there's very little motivation not to take the loan (or even a permanent move). The only reason to turn down a loan move is if you think there's a realistic chance you'll play your way into the first team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024