Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dozzell 21:38 - Apr 28 with 12508 viewsHarryB

what would everyones thoughts be if this happened?
dozzell on 23:26 - Apr 28 with 2366 viewsxrayspecs

dozzell on 23:23 - Apr 28 by WicklowBlue

Agree with some of this, and would dearly love him to be successful here. But taking away the Blue spectacles, he has played in his preferred position for most of the season and has he ripped L1 up? Or more specifically what has he done being brutally honest?

Yes we can excuse some of it due to the team around him, but honestly have we seen enough for us to build a team around him? Probably very harsh, but so is modern football..I think Dozzell is a good player with potential but in the wrong team, squad and club at the wrong time.

I'd sell for a decent fee with add-ons if that means we can bolster the midfield,. We need more experience and dare I say that word "Leadership" in midfield to drive us forward.

Good post. Agree with this.
dozzell on 23:35 - Apr 28 with 2346 viewsStNeotsBlue

dozzell on 22:33 - Apr 28 by MrTown

I couldn’t care less if Barcelona come in for him, we watch him every game, he doesn’t do enough, not effective enough, too lightweight, need better than him.

I don't get this attitude, he's been highly rated by every manager he played under plus plenty of opposition managers. For a player like Andre to shine he needs teammates to be looking to make runs into the spaces between the opponents lines or be looking to take the ball from him and play simple triangles. We haven't done this for years, as a team our movement off the ball is abysmal.
dozzell on 23:35 - Apr 28 with 2346 viewsreusersfreekicks

dozzell on 22:34 - Apr 28 by itfcjoe

Would be a real shame to see him go, but when I see the state of some of the responses about it especially on Twitter I think he’d be best of out of here and somewhere else he may be appreciated.

Our fanbase is so negative, so anti all our players, no wonder they struggle here

Being whipped up by the manager unfortunately
dozzell on 23:37 - Apr 28 with 2343 viewsStokieBlue

dozzell on 23:23 - Apr 28 by WicklowBlue

Agree with some of this, and would dearly love him to be successful here. But taking away the Blue spectacles, he has played in his preferred position for most of the season and has he ripped L1 up? Or more specifically what has he done being brutally honest?

Yes we can excuse some of it due to the team around him, but honestly have we seen enough for us to build a team around him? Probably very harsh, but so is modern football..I think Dozzell is a good player with potential but in the wrong team, squad and club at the wrong time.

I'd sell for a decent fee with add-ons if that means we can bolster the midfield,. We need more experience and dare I say that word "Leadership" in midfield to drive us forward.

It's not blue-tinted to point out the short-comings around him which cause issues. He's not been great but if better teams want him there must be a reason.

Given we are going to have essentially a whole new team I don't think you can say this:

"in the wrong team, squad and club at the wrong time"

Everything is changing, historical issues are no guarantee of future performance given he will hopefully have access to runners and people willing to show for passes.

Do we need to sell in order to bolster the midfield? Fees aren't capped only wages I believe and funds are apparently available.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

dozzell on 23:54 - Apr 28 with 2310 viewsSitfcB

Would be a real shame to see him go, but when I see the state of some of the responses about it especially on Twitter I think he’d be best of out of here and somewhere else he may be appreciated.

Our fanbase is so negative, so anti all our players, no wonder they struggle here

50 appearances in the league, 1 assist, 0 goals, 11 yellows, 1 red.

What’s so good about him?

Been shocking this season, can’t deny it, was meant to tear this league up wasn’t he?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 0:01]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

dozzell on 23:56 - Apr 28 with 2306 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Whilst I actually agree with you RE Dozzell. “So anti all our players, no wonder they struggle here” is a ridiculous. I think people are being critical of our players because they have underachieved massively two seasons running ?

Was Norwood backed massively when he arrived, yes. Was Dozzell somebody who everyone wanted to see playing, yes. If they play badly, repeatedly, they may get criticised.

You are seemingly Anti every manager who walks through the door Joe. Maybe that’s why they always struggle ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

dozzell on 00:00 - Apr 29 with 2287 viewshaynes_toe1

dozzell on 23:56 - Apr 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Whilst I actually agree with you RE Dozzell. “So anti all our players, no wonder they struggle here” is a ridiculous. I think people are being critical of our players because they have underachieved massively two seasons running ?

Was Norwood backed massively when he arrived, yes. Was Dozzell somebody who everyone wanted to see playing, yes. If they play badly, repeatedly, they may get criticised.

You are seemingly Anti every manager who walks through the door Joe. Maybe that’s why they always struggle ?

From recollection Joe was pretty positive about Cook's appointment and still is. He has simply said it's not entirely the players fault that since Cook came in we've been even worse than we were under Lambert; Cook's record to date is diabolical whichever way you decide to cut it.
dozzell on 00:07 - Apr 29 with 2281 viewsWicklowBlue

dozzell on 23:37 - Apr 28 by StokieBlue

It's not blue-tinted to point out the short-comings around him which cause issues. He's not been great but if better teams want him there must be a reason.

Given we are going to have essentially a whole new team I don't think you can say this:

"in the wrong team, squad and club at the wrong time"

Everything is changing, historical issues are no guarantee of future performance given he will hopefully have access to runners and people willing to show for passes.

Do we need to sell in order to bolster the midfield? Fees aren't capped only wages I believe and funds are apparently available.

SB

Well we can agree to disagree of course we all have opinions. However to address your points:

I didn't state that it was blue-tinted to point out the short comings in the team at all. My point was to pause and assess the contribution of Dozzell(as we should do for everyone). I stated I would dearly love him to be a success and have been on record saying that he should be higher up the pitch where his passing ability would hurt teams.

"but if better teams want him there must be a reason." Sorry but that is completely disingenuous, the Championship and PL teams are hoovering up talent as they have the money to invest and take a risk that we cannot.

I will stand by my feelings that Dozzell arrived into the wrong team, Squad and Club at a critical time for his own development. Not sure I need to add to this...if we recruit well and find a place for Dozza in the new regime all for it.

Also I didn't state we needed to sell for financial reasons, I postulated is Dozza a player to build a team around. Being brutally honest we need to move past this protectionism around our own and focus on what will drive us up the league's.
Login to get fewer ads

dozzell on 00:40 - Apr 29 with 2244 viewsSuperCoops

We all berate our lack of goals, but must not lose focus on the fact that they haven't been given very much service at all. It's players like Dozzell and his midfield colleagues we should be looking at to provide this. Sadly for me they have been woefully short and inadequate in this area and controlling a game.

Whilst Dozzell Jnr can provide a telling pass, it's too infrequent and he doesn't do enough for me. Maybe living a little on his Dad's reputation and shadow? Good luck to him, he wouldn't be number 1 on my exit list but he would be on it.
dozzell on 04:33 - Apr 29 with 2171 viewsMrTown

Not sure why it would be a shame. Not sure what he has done to warrant any desire for him to stay.

You may call it negative, but that is the brutal truth.

Not sure the fans were so ‘negative’ when they clapped Town into relegation, or maybe lingering in mid-table in League 1 is seen as a success in your view. For me it’s been 3 shocking years of football, why wouldn’t the fans be anti the players? Pathetic excuse as to why they ‘struggle’.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

dozzell on 05:02 - Apr 29 with 2164 viewschrismakin

The way I see it, are there better players out there for our needs... yes
will Andre have a great career yes, but I think it needs to be with a more stabilized club, not one going through a transition

I would sell, but maximise the opportunity with various forms of increased payments via appearances, england call up, ( As far away that may seem at this point i appreciate, sell on % etc

Shall we keep him? if a club isn't prepared to do the above, then yeah keep him, but He's not a Downes imo who is more important for us for where we are.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

dozzell on 06:04 - Apr 29 with 2143 viewsBlueForYou

I would get rid of every player & completely start again from U18 level & with new signed players with proper ability. Its been that bad for three seasons.
dozzell on 06:58 - Apr 29 with 2087 viewsPrideOfTheEast

dozzell on 23:54 - Apr 28 by SitfcB

50 appearances in the league, 1 assist, 0 goals, 11 yellows, 1 red.

What’s so good about him?

Been shocking this season, can’t deny it, was meant to tear this league up wasn’t he?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 0:01]

Not sure this is the season to judge anybody on. He’s clearly a very talented player - would be very disappointed if we didn’t keep him and see how he can do in a side playing well. He’s been man marked on plenty of occasions this year and has struggled with it at times because there’s nobody else brave enough to get on the ball.
dozzell on 07:12 - Apr 29 with 2046 views26_Paz

If the fee is anything more than half a million absolutely delighted.

The Paz Man

dozzell on 07:26 - Apr 29 with 2020 viewstetchris

Lightweight, no where as good as his dad at that age. Can’t get the ball over the first man at corners etc. Defo sell
dozzell on 07:28 - Apr 29 with 2018 viewsGlasgowBlue

Meh

I still haven’t figured out what he does. He can’t tackle, one exceptional defence splitting pass for every 5 backwards passes and doesn’t make dribbling runs with the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

dozzell on 07:31 - Apr 29 with 2007 viewsKropotkin123

dozzell on 21:48 - Apr 28 by Mullet

Yes, he's that crap he's moving up a league.

Did you not witness all of PH's signings. It is possible to move up the league's, despite not being good enough.

@OP: I'm not too fussed either way. I think him moving on might be best for his career. I think he is too comfortable here to push on in the manner that he should.

From our perspective, I think we could get people in who may not be as technically gifted, but would make more of an impact.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

dozzell on 07:36 - Apr 29 with 1995 viewsfabian_illness

Putting the club and the fan base aside for a moment.
I think Andre could benefit from a move.
He’s been here years, he’s been nurtured, cosseted and protected.
Son of a club legend, everyone at the club wants him to succeed, they see a young Jason and are just waiting for him to kick on.
He’s never been the new guy having to prove himself.
He’s well in his comfort zone.
dozzell on 07:37 - Apr 29 with 1988 viewscressi

dozzell on 22:14 - Apr 28 by StokieBlue

Quite bizarre to see so many fans cite how rubbish Dozzell is even though he's wanted at a higher level.

See the same for Jackson at the end of last season.

SB

Sorry Stokie
The difference is Dozzell has a,football brain whilst Jackson hasn't hence Dozzell get England caps at younger ages and Jackson playing at a lower level apart from pace Jackson offers very little and in a one up front nothing
dozzell on 07:46 - Apr 29 with 1970 viewsFtnfwest

For himself he needs to go and somewhere like Blackburn might represent his best opportunity at Championship level. For us, we just don't need whatever it is he gives us in this division. When initial axe was hovering over the current squad i was fairly keen on keeping one of him and Bish, although as times gone on i'm less bothered about either tbh.
dozzell on 07:54 - Apr 29 with 1967 viewstractorboy1978

dozzell on 04:33 - Apr 29 by MrTown

Not sure why it would be a shame. Not sure what he has done to warrant any desire for him to stay.

You may call it negative, but that is the brutal truth.

Not sure the fans were so ‘negative’ when they clapped Town into relegation, or maybe lingering in mid-table in League 1 is seen as a success in your view. For me it’s been 3 shocking years of football, why wouldn’t the fans be anti the players? Pathetic excuse as to why they ‘struggle’.

It's fine to not particularly rate a player and not to be too disappointed if they leave but comments we regularly see on social media about players are totally unhelpful and in some instances, disgraceful. What ever happened to the adage "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 7:55]
dozzell on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 1926 viewsDubtractor

dozzell on 07:54 - Apr 29 by tractorboy1978

It's fine to not particularly rate a player and not to be too disappointed if they leave but comments we regularly see on social media about players are totally unhelpful and in some instances, disgraceful. What ever happened to the adage "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".

I can't get my head around the glee with which some people are greeting this story.

He has had an up and down season, but I'd still put him in our best 5 players this year (I appreciate I'm setting a low bar here). He is an Ipswich lad, with the obvious club connection, and has just had his first real full season following an awful injury and long comeback.

He may not end up being a world beater, but he is one of very few in our squad with some talent to talk about.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 8:15]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

dozzell on 08:26 - Apr 29 with 1882 viewsitfcjoe

dozzell on 07:54 - Apr 29 by tractorboy1978

Perfectly put

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

dozzell on 08:27 - Apr 29 with 1883 viewsSteve_M

dozzell on 08:14 - Apr 29 by Dubtractor

I can't get my head around the glee with which some people are greeting this story.

He has had an up and down season, but I'd still put him in our best 5 players this year (I appreciate I'm setting a low bar here). He is an Ipswich lad, with the obvious club connection, and has just had his first real full season following an awful injury and long comeback.

He may not end up being a world beater, but he is one of very few in our squad with some talent to talk about.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 8:15]

It's very similar to when McCarthy left and many fans were delighted to get rid of experienced players and blindly cheered every decision Hurst made. Even when it became obvious it wasn't working some still claimed that the football was "ten times better than McCarthy".

Or the reaction to Mings mid-way through his first season when everything had apparently "gone to his head". There's a weird hatred of everything short of winning every week that many football fans.

Dozzell has done ok this season, notable how few times he's been booked in the second half of the season compared to the first too, almost like he's learning. He's definitely the player with the highest ceiling should he fulfil some of his potential elsewhere.

This whole debate is because Sitters or his mates have exaggerated one rumour that Blackburn were watching AD anyway. It's far from certain Mowbray will even be there next season anyway, their fans aren't too impressed with him at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

dozzell on 08:35 - Apr 29 with 1860 viewsDanTheMan

Just going to chime in and agree that we shouldn't be so happy that potentially one of our better players are going.

I know people are very rightfully disappointed about this season and the players performances but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024