Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument 11:58 - Dec 6 with 8957 viewsHogger

Many of us have had enough contact with certain Millwall fans to know that it's no coincidence they are booing an anti-racist gesture. But some argue that this is about freedom of expression. If you're tempted by that argument please go on Twitter, look at the pages of those using that as a justification for booing. Almost to a man (yup, 95% male) they are Tommy/Farage/Trump fans. Most deny covid too but that's another story...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 11:58]
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 2469 viewseireblue

I am sure people that support this as freedom of expression will be equally vociferous when supporting James McClean.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:28 - Dec 6 with 2365 viewsstewartm

I remember when this happened https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/fifa-poppy-ban-englan .There is no place for politics in football! Clinton Morrison even said on TV "all lives matter" but to have this total bollox of players down on their knees in support of a 'political' movement is bollox and if the snowflakes do not want trouble because the booing will not stop then the snowflakes need to f,ck off out of football! I do not agree with racism in any form but this kneeling cr.p needs to be removed from football, to do it to show solidarity to anti racism is fine but week in week out for black lives matter? you and all that agree are asking for serious civil strife!!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:29]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:30 - Dec 6 with 2347 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:28 - Dec 6 by stewartm

I remember when this happened https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/fifa-poppy-ban-englan .There is no place for politics in football! Clinton Morrison even said on TV "all lives matter" but to have this total bollox of players down on their knees in support of a 'political' movement is bollox and if the snowflakes do not want trouble because the booing will not stop then the snowflakes need to f,ck off out of football! I do not agree with racism in any form but this kneeling cr.p needs to be removed from football, to do it to show solidarity to anti racism is fine but week in week out for black lives matter? you and all that agree are asking for serious civil strife!!

How does players kneeling for ten seconds before kick-off offend or inconvenience you?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:31 - Dec 6 with 2337 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:30 - Dec 6 by footers

How does players kneeling for ten seconds before kick-off offend or inconvenience you?

What has that got to do with you? but politics in football does not mix and the booing WILL continue and lets see what snowflakes make of that....

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:33 - Dec 6 with 2322 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:31 - Dec 6 by stewartm

What has that got to do with you? but politics in football does not mix and the booing WILL continue and lets see what snowflakes make of that....

You and your sort are the only snowflakes here, petal.

Ipswich lives in racial harmony and taking a knee is just a small gesture to show that we stand in solidarity with our BAME players, fans and community.

And if you don't like it, then tough, because it's happening whether you like it or not :)

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 2306 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:33 - Dec 6 by footers

You and your sort are the only snowflakes here, petal.

Ipswich lives in racial harmony and taking a knee is just a small gesture to show that we stand in solidarity with our BAME players, fans and community.

And if you don't like it, then tough, because it's happening whether you like it or not :)

I tell you what is going to happen, fans will boo because we will not be forced onto our knee for a political movement in sport! And as fpr the comment of 'you are racist if you do not bend the knee' that is more of a facist statement really?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:37]

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:37 - Dec 6 with 2280 viewsstickymockwell

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:28 - Dec 6 by stewartm

Racist tick list

1, I’m not racist but.......
2, Snowflake usage
3, Getting all upset about BLM

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:38 - Dec 6 with 2265 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:35 - Dec 6 by stewartm

I tell you what is going to happen, fans will boo because we will not be forced onto our knee for a political movement in sport! And as fpr the comment of 'you are racist if you do not bend the knee' that is more of a facist statement really?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:37]

You can't even spell fascist, you idiot. And I didn't say that either.

Anyway, have a nice Sunday.

Login to get fewer ads

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:38 - Dec 6 with 2264 viewsNthQldITFC

Bloody Fighter Command just had to keep going up every day to oppose the Luftwaffe didn't they. I mean, surely they'd made their point by the start of August so why go on opposing the Nazis 'week in week out' right through until the battle was won? All of those living near the airfields were being seriously inconvenienced by the noise of planes taking off and landing all the time, it's a wonder there wasn't serious civil strife!!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 2240 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:38 - Dec 6 by NthQldITFC

Bloody Fighter Command just had to keep going up every day to oppose the Luftwaffe didn't they. I mean, surely they'd made their point by the start of August so why go on opposing the Nazis 'week in week out' right through until the battle was won? All of those living near the airfields were being seriously inconvenienced by the noise of planes taking off and landing all the time, it's a wonder there wasn't serious civil strife!!

Comparing fighter command to black lives matter? you are delusional, still you are definitely not racist!

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:41 - Dec 6 with 2233 viewsjeera

"I do not agree with racism in any form but this kneeling cr.p needs to be removed from football, to do it to show solidarity to anti racism is fine but week in week out for black lives matter."

That's a contradictory statement right there.

And by the sense of your anger you clearly feel strongly about it, which says all that's necessary here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:42 - Dec 6 with 2221 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:37 - Dec 6 by stickymockwell

Racist tick list

1, I’m not racist but.......
2, Snowflake usage
3, Getting all upset about BLM

Perhaps I should go to be executed because I completed all the ticks? It is pathetic!

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:42 - Dec 6 with 2212 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:41 - Dec 6 by jeera

"I do not agree with racism in any form but this kneeling cr.p needs to be removed from football, to do it to show solidarity to anti racism is fine but week in week out for black lives matter."

That's a contradictory statement right there.

And by the sense of your anger you clearly feel strongly about it, which says all that's necessary here.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:43 - Dec 6 with 2205 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:42 - Dec 6 by stewartm

Perhaps I should go to be executed because I completed all the ticks? It is pathetic!

Being anti-racist is pathetic?

No, you shouldn't be executed, but it is a shame you don't want to be educated.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:44 - Dec 6 with 2192 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:43 - Dec 6 by jeera

Being anti-racist is pathetic?

No, you shouldn't be executed, but it is a shame you don't want to be educated.

What? educated reading your sheet? HAHAHAHA

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:45 - Dec 6 with 2191 viewsNthQldITFC

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:41 - Dec 6 by stewartm

Comparing fighter command to black lives matter? you are delusional, still you are definitely not racist!

I thought it might be a metaphor that you would feel more at home with.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:49 - Dec 6 with 2156 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:45 - Dec 6 by NthQldITFC

I thought it might be a metaphor that you would feel more at home with.

You think, but surely that's racist?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:49]

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 2125 views26_Paz

I see this as very similar to the clapping the NHS thing. It’s a good cause that no one would disagree with but there’s no point carrying on doing it forever. It will stop at some point.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 2139 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:31 - Dec 6 by stewartm

What it has to do with us is that you're all over here crying about it and threatening people who disagree. People are perfectly entitled to ask why.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:51 - Dec 6 with 2133 viewsNthQldITFC

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:49 - Dec 6 by stewartm

You think, but surely that's racist?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:49]

At least one of us doesn't understand what you mean.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 2122 viewsDubtractor

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:50 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I see this as very similar to the clapping the NHS thing. It’s a good cause that no one would disagree with but there’s no point carrying on doing it forever. It will stop at some point.

To an extent I agree with you, hopefully because society finally does what it needs to.

But anyone taking offence at the 'taking the knee' is, at best, a champion nob end.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:53 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:50 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I clapped for the NHS and I support any anti racist support group (my family fought fascists during the war) and I do not consider myself racist and married a mixed raced beautiful woman (I have been happily married for over 25 years) but this week in week out, in support in sport of what has evolved into a very questionable political movement is unacceptable!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:54]

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:54 - Dec 6 with 2088 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:44 - Dec 6 by stewartm

What? educated reading your sheet? HAHAHAHA

Good god, that doesn't even make sense.

Bit early to be at the cheap plonk.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:54 - Dec 6 with 2063 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:53 - Dec 6 by stewartm

I clapped for the NHS and I support any anti racist support group (my family fought fascists during the war) and I do not consider myself racist and married a mixed raced beautiful woman (I have been happily married for over 25 years) but this week in week out, in support in sport of what has evolved into a very questionable political movement is unacceptable!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 13:54]

I would agree it is probably time it ended

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:54 - Dec 6 with 2078 viewsstewartm

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 13:54 - Dec 6 by jeera

Good god, that doesn't even make sense.

Bit early to be at the cheap plonk.

You are pathetic and I assure you not funny SNOWFLAKE!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024