Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument 11:58 - Dec 6 with 9086 viewsHogger

Many of us have had enough contact with certain Millwall fans to know that it's no coincidence they are booing an anti-racist gesture. But some argue that this is about freedom of expression. If you're tempted by that argument please go on Twitter, look at the pages of those using that as a justification for booing. Almost to a man (yup, 95% male) they are Tommy/Farage/Trump fans. Most deny covid too but that's another story...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 11:58]
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:07 - Dec 6 with 719 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:06 - Dec 6 by woiii

Cancer recovery rates are much higher though. You get what you pay for and that all sounds good to me.

Do the wealthy get better treatment then?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:08 - Dec 6 with 716 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:06 - Dec 6 by woiii

Cancer recovery rates are much higher though. You get what you pay for and that all sounds good to me.

If you removed the billions we now waste through outsourcing and privatisation every year, the NHS would be perfectly functionable.

There is no need to look at exclusionary private contributions.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:09 - Dec 6 with 707 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:07 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

I pretty sure they don't.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:10 - Dec 6 with 703 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:09 - Dec 6 by woiii

I'm confused by what you mean by 'you get what you pay for' then.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:10 - Dec 6 with 703 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:09 - Dec 6 by woiii

No, but the poor do get refusal for certain services if they don't have an employer/pay for their own insurance.

Back to the drawing board if you care about equality.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:12 - Dec 6 with 688 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:07 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

The wealthy get better treatment here. If you’ve got Bupa or something you get better treatment

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:14 - Dec 6 with 684 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:12 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

The wealthy get better treatment here. If you’ve got Bupa or something you get better treatment

So you agree that's a problem then?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:14 - Dec 6 with 683 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:12 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

Yes, which is private. We are talking about universal.

Do try to keep up, dear boy. Sometimes it looks like you don't know what you're on about.

Login to get fewer ads

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:16 - Dec 6 with 664 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:14 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

So you agree that's a problem then?

I don’t think it’s a problem. As long as the state system provides a fundamental level of care I don’t have any issues with people paying for extra cover

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:17 - Dec 6 with 657 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:16 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I don’t think it’s a problem. As long as the state system provides a fundamental level of care I don’t have any issues with people paying for extra cover

So rich people deserve a better quality of health care than poor people?

Why?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:19 - Dec 6 with 635 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:17 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

So rich people deserve a better quality of health care than poor people?

Why?

I didn’t say that. I don’t care what rich people spend their money on. If they choose to spend it on private health insurance then why would I care about that?

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:19 - Dec 6 with 639 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:10 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

I'm confused by what you mean by 'you get what you pay for' then.

LOL, I meant as a country you get what you pay for. Sorry if my written communication is poor
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:21 - Dec 6 with 628 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:19 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I didn’t say that. I don’t care what rich people spend their money on. If they choose to spend it on private health insurance then why would I care about that?

You said poor people should get baseline health care and if you can afford better than that you buy it.

You don't see an issue there?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:22 - Dec 6 with 615 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:21 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

You said poor people should get baseline health care and if you can afford better than that you buy it.

You don't see an issue there?

No, I said as long as there is a fundamental service there for everyone then I don’t see rich people having private cover as anything to do with anyone else

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:22 - Dec 6 with 617 viewsellerblue

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:05 - Dec 6 by footers

And I'm right in saying that not all employers have to pay their contribution under certain conditions?

My German friend works as a carer and she has to pay her own private insurance as I don't believe her employer will pay her share, which is the whole problem with the system. The people on lower inomes end up having to pay more from their own pocket.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 20:06]

Believe me it is a nightmare but you have to remember there are two systems and everyone is obliged to pay into one scheme or the other we pay into the public health insurance system, which is run by I think about 20 different companies we are with AOK the amount you pay is based on your earnings as a percentage but the ones who suffer is when you reach pensionable age as your pension is based on your last three years earnings so those on a lower wage have a lower pension but still pay 14.6 per cent as for your friend I have spoken to my frau who is under the impression that if employed by law your employer must pay the share unless it is a so called mini job as for the unemployed health insurance is paid by the government.

Heinsberg Blue

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:23 - Dec 6 with 606 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:22 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

No, I said as long as there is a fundamental service there for everyone then I don’t see rich people having private cover as anything to do with anyone else

Why shouldn't the poor have access to the same level of health care as the rich? Why should they have to make do with this 'fundamental' care when there's better care available?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:25 - Dec 6 with 593 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:23 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Why shouldn't the poor have access to the same level of health care as the rich? Why should they have to make do with this 'fundamental' care when there's better care available?

They don’t make do. They get the NHS which is perfectly adequate.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:28 - Dec 6 with 579 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:25 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I'm asking about what you said.

You said poor people can have a fundamental level of health care and rich people can buy better than that. I'm asking why you think that's right.

What happens when poor people need access to something not covered under this fundamental level, or if the wait for care is so long as to be seriously harmful to their quality of life?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:28 - Dec 6 with 579 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:25 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

And private health companies use a lot NHS resources and don't submit reports to the CQC so no one can tell how good their care is.

If a private operation goes wrong they'll often pass the buck back to the NHS.

That's why it's a concern. You're paying for basically the same (publicly owned) thing, only you get a biscuit and pay through the nose for it most of the time.

So yes, private is a complete con. Unless you are a billionaire, in which case it's probably great.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:29 - Dec 6 with 568 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:28 - Dec 6 by footers

And private health companies use a lot NHS resources and don't submit reports to the CQC so no one can tell how good their care is.

If a private operation goes wrong they'll often pass the buck back to the NHS.

That's why it's a concern. You're paying for basically the same (publicly owned) thing, only you get a biscuit and pay through the nose for it most of the time.

So yes, private is a complete con. Unless you are a billionaire, in which case it's probably great.

Maybe this time next year Paz will be a billionaire, Rodders.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:30 - Dec 6 with 566 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well that bell end didn’t last long, thankfully. Well done admin and TWTD. I’m so glad we don’t tolerate apologist for racists on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:31 - Dec 6 with 556 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:28 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

I'm asking about what you said.

You said poor people can have a fundamental level of health care and rich people can buy better than that. I'm asking why you think that's right.

What happens when poor people need access to something not covered under this fundamental level, or if the wait for care is so long as to be seriously harmful to their quality of life?

The NHS covers everything I think. As for waiting times, yeah that’s an issue. Especially at the moment

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:32 - Dec 6 with 554 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:30 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Well that bell end didn’t last long, thankfully. Well done admin and TWTD. I’m so glad we don’t tolerate apologist for racists on here.

Well... The blatant racists are dealt with pretty swiftly. Which is obviously good. Their cheerleaders can fly under the radar a bit longer with the help of some vague and weasely words, sadly.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:32 - Dec 6 with 548 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:29 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Maybe this time next year Paz will be a billionaire, Rodders.

Highly unlikely. I don’t have private healthcare by the way. Work offer it but it’s taxable so no thank you!

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:33 - Dec 6 with 532 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:32 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Well... The blatant racists are dealt with pretty swiftly. Which is obviously good. Their cheerleaders can fly under the radar a bit longer with the help of some vague and weasely words, sadly.

Oh dear, you’re still playing this tune are you

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024