Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument 11:58 - Dec 6 with 9091 viewsHogger

Many of us have had enough contact with certain Millwall fans to know that it's no coincidence they are booing an anti-racist gesture. But some argue that this is about freedom of expression. If you're tempted by that argument please go on Twitter, look at the pages of those using that as a justification for booing. Almost to a man (yup, 95% male) they are Tommy/Farage/Trump fans. Most deny covid too but that's another story...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 11:58]
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:33 - Dec 6 with 2359 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:31 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

The NHS covers everything I think. As for waiting times, yeah that’s an issue. Especially at the moment

You think? Are you sure?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:34 - Dec 6 with 2347 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:33 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

You think? Are you sure?

No I’m not. That’s why I said ‘I think’

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:35 - Dec 6 with 2346 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:33 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

Oh dear, you’re still playing this tune are you

Well you have had quite the weekend. Yesterday it was sticking up for a poster who used terms like chink and coloureds. Today you were rushing to the aid of the bloke who for banned for his White Lives Matter tirade.

It's so weird how you're always on the wrong side of things. A mere coincidence, I'm sure.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:36 - Dec 6 with 2333 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:34 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

That's sort of the problem, mate.

You wade into big discussions with very little idea of the reality and you post some controversial things without knowing the detail.

In this very thread you have both advocated that the German healthcare insurance system is preferable to our own as well as saying the NHS/private sectors cover pretty much everything very well.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:37 - Dec 6 with 2328 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:34 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

Lot of strong opinions based on an 'I think' buddy. Might want to do some research.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:38 - Dec 6 with 2318 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:36 - Dec 6 by footers

That's sort of the problem, mate.

You wade into big discussions with very little idea of the reality and you post some controversial things without knowing the detail.

In this very thread you have both advocated that the German healthcare insurance system is preferable to our own as well as saying the NHS/private sectors cover pretty much everything very well.

I didn’t realise everything on here had to be properly referenced like an academic article. I thought posting thoughts was the idea of a forum.
What’s wrong with saying our system is ok but it’s worth considering any ideas that could make it better?

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:39 - Dec 6 with 2310 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:38 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I didn’t realise everything on here had to be properly referenced like an academic article. I thought posting thoughts was the idea of a forum.
What’s wrong with saying our system is ok but it’s worth considering any ideas that could make it better?

That's not what you said though.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:40 - Dec 6 with 2306 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:39 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

That's not what you said though.

That’s pretty much exactly what I said

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:41 - Dec 6 with 2299 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:38 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

OK, so let's hear your uninformed ideas about why the German private healthcare system would be preferable to what we currently have and why.

P.S. Posting is always better if you have a basic understanding of what you're talking about.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:41 - Dec 6 with 2299 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:40 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

That’s pretty much exactly what I said

"Pretty much exactly"

Well which is it? Pretty much or exactly, because those are different things.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:42 - Dec 6 with 2286 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:41 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

"Pretty much exactly"

Well which is it? Pretty much or exactly, because those are different things.

You are a boring and pedantic wind up merchant

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:43 - Dec 6 with 2276 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:42 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

You are a boring and pedantic wind up merchant

I'm trying to get to the bottom of your actual thoughts and you're getting frustrated because I don't think you really know what you think. It's all just unresearched soundbites.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:43 - Dec 6 with 2271 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:41 - Dec 6 by footers

OK, so let's hear your uninformed ideas about why the German private healthcare system would be preferable to what we currently have and why.

P.S. Posting is always better if you have a basic understanding of what you're talking about.

I’ve just seen loads of stuff during corona about how Germany has more doctors per person than anywhere else in Europe so they’re clearly doing something right. I’m just saying there would be no harm in considering using some of their ideas here. I had no idea what I was saying was so controversial.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:46 - Dec 6 with 2255 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:43 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I’ve just seen loads of stuff during corona about how Germany has more doctors per person than anywhere else in Europe so they’re clearly doing something right. I’m just saying there would be no harm in considering using some of their ideas here. I had no idea what I was saying was so controversial.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizens-nhs-crisis-mig

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:51 - Dec 6 with 2232 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:46 - Dec 6 by footers

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizens-nhs-crisis-mig

What has people leaving the NHS got to do with Brexit. Any individual from the EU working in the NHS would have been able to apply for settled status.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:52 - Dec 6 with 2223 viewsvapour_trail

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:51 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

What has people leaving the NHS got to do with Brexit. Any individual from the EU working in the NHS would have been able to apply for settled status.

I don’t believe that you are stupid enough to believe what you’ve written there, Paz.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:54 - Dec 6 with 2215 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:52 - Dec 6 by vapour_trail

I don’t believe that you are stupid enough to believe what you’ve written there, Paz.

Sorry? Are you saying they wouldn’t have been able to apply for settled status? I know they would be because Mrs Paz did exactly that.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 21:03 - Dec 6 with 2195 viewsvapour_trail

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:54 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

Sorry? Are you saying they wouldn’t have been able to apply for settled status? I know they would be because Mrs Paz did exactly that.

No I’m not, but good that worked out for your missus.

It’s pretty clear that the brexit process has made this country less welcoming to outsiders. You know that as well as I do.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 21:09 - Dec 6 with 2183 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:52 - Dec 6 by vapour_trail

I do.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:30 - Dec 6 with 2136 viewstownblue

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 21:09 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

I do.

I've been reading the forum a lot recently given recent events. Its funny the lengths some of you go to to prove someone wrong on the internet 😂

Why don't you stick eachother on ignore and leave the issues with the German healthcare system to the Germans
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:36 - Dec 6 with 2130 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:30 - Dec 6 by townblue

I've been reading the forum a lot recently given recent events. Its funny the lengths some of you go to to prove someone wrong on the internet 😂

Why don't you stick eachother on ignore and leave the issues with the German healthcare system to the Germans

We're not the ones advocating it, so maybe talk to the others instead?

And it's it's, not its.

No fee this time.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:47 - Dec 6 with 2105 viewsSeablu

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:36 - Dec 6 by footers

We're not the ones advocating it, so maybe talk to the others instead?

And it's it's, not its.

No fee this time.

Sometimes your softly softly approach just grinds my gears.

£1 per apostrophe error should be the minimum charge!
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 23:08 - Dec 6 with 2085 viewsBiGDonnie

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 22:30 - Dec 6 by townblue

Boring fookers the lot of em!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024