Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument 11:58 - Dec 6 with 9084 viewsHogger

Many of us have had enough contact with certain Millwall fans to know that it's no coincidence they are booing an anti-racist gesture. But some argue that this is about freedom of expression. If you're tempted by that argument please go on Twitter, look at the pages of those using that as a justification for booing. Almost to a man (yup, 95% male) they are Tommy/Farage/Trump fans. Most deny covid too but that's another story...
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 11:58]
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 18:55 - Dec 6 with 1067 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 18:54 - Dec 6 by monytowbray

Clapping is an empty gesture.

Health insurance is the answer here
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 1040 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 17:37 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I was not defending his right to boo taking the knee. That is not what I said at all, as you know.
Another poster had put some words into his mouth, which was completely unnecessary as the words he put in his own mouth was enough to get him banned. I merely said that the other poster (I can’t remember who it was) should’t put words in his mouth. I made absolutely no comment on his right to boo taking the knee.

Lies.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:11 - Dec 6 with 1037 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 18:55 - Dec 6 by woiii

Health insurance is the answer here

Sure. If you want to pay several hundred quid in deductibles whenever you want a check up. That lump is probably ok to leave for another few months though. After all, there's Christmas to pay for and the kids need new winter coats...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:16 - Dec 6 with 1024 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 17:45 - Dec 6 by vapour_trail

That’s not up to you or I, it’s down to the people taking the action. I wouldn’t think it’d end in the middle of a season. It might continue in perpetuity.

It’s a good gesture, and particularly relevant at football grounds, as we know that audience have been targeted by people on the wrong side of this debate who seek to stoke racial division.

Quite.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:27 - Dec 6 with 995 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:11 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Sure. If you want to pay several hundred quid in deductibles whenever you want a check up. That lump is probably ok to leave for another few months though. After all, there's Christmas to pay for and the kids need new winter coats...

I was thinking more like the German system, which effectively ringfences a portion of extra taxation to pay for first class medical care.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:30 - Dec 6 with 983 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:27 - Dec 6 by woiii

I was thinking more like the German system, which effectively ringfences a portion of extra taxation to pay for first class medical care.

A bit like specific deductions from wages?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:32 - Dec 6 with 979 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:30 - Dec 6 by jeera

A bit like specific deductions from wages?

Yep, about an extra 10% I believe. That's 10% from EVERYONE, which is how it should be
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:34 - Dec 6 with 966 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:32 - Dec 6 by woiii

Yep, about an extra 10% I believe. That's 10% from EVERYONE, which is how it should be

EVERYONE who can manage it?

Otherwise you'll always get someone who suffers because of poverty.

It's a lot nicer if the 'haves' look out a bit for the 'have-nots'.

Login to get fewer ads

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:36 - Dec 6 with 964 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:34 - Dec 6 by jeera

EVERYONE who can manage it?

Otherwise you'll always get someone who suffers because of poverty.

It's a lot nicer if the 'haves' look out a bit for the 'have-nots'.

If you ask everyone whether they can afford it they'll all say no. It comes from everyone in Germany and works well.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:42 - Dec 6 with 949 viewsjeera

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:36 - Dec 6 by woiii

If you ask everyone whether they can afford it they'll all say no. It comes from everyone in Germany and works well.

That doesn't work and you know it.

Try again.

What you are saying is some people who cannot afford healthcare don't deserve it.

You are showing a slightly different side bit by bit.

Started off all nice didn't you?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:47 - Dec 6 with 913 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:36 - Dec 6 by woiii

Certainly worth looking into. It would appear the Germans have fantastic health care so should certainly be considered here

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:47 - Dec 6 with 909 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:09 - Dec 6 by SpruceMoose

Lies.

I see your slur campaign continues

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:49 - Dec 6 with 922 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:42 - Dec 6 by jeera

That doesn't work and you know it.

Try again.

What you are saying is some people who cannot afford healthcare don't deserve it.

You are showing a slightly different side bit by bit.

Started off all nice didn't you?

I'm saying i think healthcare should be funded by greater taxation, exactly as it is in other European countries. How you get from that that some people should be denied healthcare I have no idea.
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:51 - Dec 6 with 914 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:49 - Dec 6 by woiii

I'm saying i think healthcare should be funded by greater taxation, exactly as it is in other European countries. How you get from that that some people should be denied healthcare I have no idea.

Because the German system isn't entirely funded via taxation, whereas ours is?

Universal healthcare means universal healthcare. Not healthcare if you can afford it. And your suggestion of a 10% base rate for all is laughable. Why would you tax someone on 20k 10% of their yearly wage?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 19:52]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:54 - Dec 6 with 903 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:51 - Dec 6 by footers

Because the German system isn't entirely funded via taxation, whereas ours is?

Universal healthcare means universal healthcare. Not healthcare if you can afford it. And your suggestion of a 10% base rate for all is laughable. Why would you tax someone on 20k 10% of their yearly wage?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 19:52]

Yes, an extra 10% on top of the current rates of tax. For people who are self employed it's more tricky but they have a system for it. I believe if you're self employed the minimum is 8k PA for an individual (more for a family).

Oh... and of course I'm saying this IS for universal healthcare i.e. to fund the NHS
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 19:56]
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:55 - Dec 6 with 901 viewsSpruceMoose

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:47 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

I see your slur campaign continues

I see you haphazardly blundering into defending the indefensible every single day like some kind of racist Mr Bean continues.

I'm sure racists everywhere sleep well knowing that you're ready to leap to the defence whenever they need you.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:57 - Dec 6 with 884 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:54 - Dec 6 by woiii

Yes, an extra 10% on top of the current rates of tax. For people who are self employed it's more tricky but they have a system for it. I believe if you're self employed the minimum is 8k PA for an individual (more for a family).

Oh... and of course I'm saying this IS for universal healthcare i.e. to fund the NHS

Sounds like an excellent system

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:57 - Dec 6 with 892 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:54 - Dec 6 by woiii

So how is charging poorer people relatively more for the same service fair in your eyes?

In Germany you still have to pay out for healthcare insurance on top of your taxes. So what exactly is the benefit?

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:59 - Dec 6 with 879 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:57 - Dec 6 by footers

So how is charging poorer people relatively more for the same service fair in your eyes?

In Germany you still have to pay out for healthcare insurance on top of your taxes. So what exactly is the benefit?

It’s a percentage so the less you earn the less you’ll pay. It wouldn’t charge poor people more at all.

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:00 - Dec 6 with 880 viewswoiii

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:57 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

Sounds like an excellent system

I've had to pay for heath insurance when I've worked abroad. Nobody wants to do it, but even in millitant France they've got something like this in place
Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:01 - Dec 6 with 878 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 19:59 - Dec 6 by 26_Paz

It’s a percentage so the less you earn the less you’ll pay. It wouldn’t charge poor people more at all.

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:02 - Dec 6 with 872 viewsellerblue

The german health insurance public as opposed to private is paid by employers and employees at 50 per cent each my wife pays approx 240 euros per month and this is matched by the employer it equates to 14.6 per cent , oaps have this percentage deducted from their pension which leaves many on the bread line, non working dependants are covered by the working persons payment. The german medical system is under a great deal of pressure to cope with normal everyday happenings also dont forget everyone pays prescription charges which are very high example 3 items for flu/ cold cost us 34 euros. Also if admitted to hospital you have to pay 10 euros per day . The system is not as good as people think especially as you reach your senior years

Heinsberg Blue

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:03 - Dec 6 with 859 views26_Paz

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:02 - Dec 6 by ellerblue

The german health insurance public as opposed to private is paid by employers and employees at 50 per cent each my wife pays approx 240 euros per month and this is matched by the employer it equates to 14.6 per cent , oaps have this percentage deducted from their pension which leaves many on the bread line, non working dependants are covered by the working persons payment. The german medical system is under a great deal of pressure to cope with normal everyday happenings also dont forget everyone pays prescription charges which are very high example 3 items for flu/ cold cost us 34 euros. Also if admitted to hospital you have to pay 10 euros per day . The system is not as good as people think especially as you reach your senior years

How does it work for unemployed people who don’t have a working person to cover them?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 20:05]

The Paz Man

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:05 - Dec 6 with 856 viewsfooters

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:02 - Dec 6 by ellerblue

And I'm right in saying that not all employers have to pay their contribution under certain conditions?

My German friend works as a carer and she has to pay her own private insurance as I don't believe her employer will pay her share, which is the whole problem with the system. The people on lower inomes end up having to pay more from their own pocket.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 20:06]

Boo boys: don't be fooled by the freedom of speech argument on 20:06 - Dec 6 with 846 viewswoiii

Cancer recovery rates are much higher though. You get what you pay for and that all sounds good to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024