Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan 08:48 - Aug 28 with 19396 viewsitfcjoe

Turned up for the team photo yesterday, told that they aren't in it.

Then subsequently told that they won't be taking part in the Cambridge friendly on Saturday and will be playing for the U23s tonight against Norwich instead.

Tough love? Or just an indication that they aren't going to be involved very much and we'll be going with same senior players again.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:23 - Aug 28 with 1182 viewsBlueAllOver

His comments about players and now this, such a dour miserable useless numpty, even with the steep competition he is the worst manager we have ever had.

Truly awful, I've never felt has downbeat going into the start of a season, the sooner he goes the better.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:27 - Aug 28 with 1162 viewsNthQldITFC

Edit: My comment, though comparatively mild, was ill-informed and so I have removed it.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:11]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsDubtractor

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:22 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Which means that any pretense that Lambert cares about developing our young players is shot to bits. He's going to rely on the likes of Nolan, Edwards and Judge to give us a bit of spark again. I'm sure that'll work just fine.

Yep.

Another season watching Nolan and Judge be absolutely pointless ahead of us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 1149 viewsIpswichKnight

I hope it's tough love, but I suspect it probably isn't. El-Mizouni will probably be sent out on loan ( Andy Warren was saying he wouldn't be surprised by that if it happened ) and 2 games past the window Bishop will get injured and we won't be able to recall him, Judge will continue to be as about as useful as chocolate fireguard and we still won't have anyone able to create anything.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:32 - Aug 28 with 1118 viewsMattinLondon

On the surface it’s definitely odd behaviour - the only thing I will say is that we have two cup games before the actual start of the league season - maybe he wants to use them in those games rather than a friendly?

But it is no way to treat young players, maybe if one of them needed a kick up their arse then he’d get way with singling out just one, but not all of them.

Lambert out.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:32 - Aug 28 with 1115 viewsJDAndCoke

The rumour mill is working on overdrive this morning!!

Truth is, nobody knows exactly what happened or why
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:33 - Aug 28 with 1102 viewsclive_baker

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:32 - Aug 28 by JDAndCoke

Surely some people know?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:34 - Aug 28 with 1102 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, Joe is a renowned bullsh1t merchant on here isn't he......

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:34 - Aug 28 with 1097 viewsNWSixto

Compare and contrast with Paul Warne's management style:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/paul-warne-leading-with-emotional-intellige

"...The message is, ‘We will treat you with the utmost respect as a staff and expect you to treat us the same way’. That’s the way I always wanted it as a player."

Seems to be working pretty well at Rotherham...

This is from Lambert is just sh!t isn't it? Hack motivation tactics from the 1980s.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 1077 viewsclive_baker

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:34 - Aug 28 by NWSixto

Compare and contrast with Paul Warne's management style:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/paul-warne-leading-with-emotional-intellige

"...The message is, ‘We will treat you with the utmost respect as a staff and expect you to treat us the same way’. That’s the way I always wanted it as a player."

Seems to be working pretty well at Rotherham...

This is from Lambert is just sh!t isn't it? Hack motivation tactics from the 1980s.

We didn't need this to realise that Lambert is a sh1t manager. We're rudderless.

The most frustrating thing is the timing, it coincides with us actually having a more than competitive squad at this level. No doubt when we waste another season and we finally roll the dice with another man in the hot seat we'll be weakened. Everything about the management of the club is disastrous.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:37 - Aug 28 with 1067 viewsDanTheMan

I'm so glad we gave him a nice long contract and kept him around after relegating us then seeing us to mid table in League One.

Maybe he actually has to murder one of our own players so we can get rid of him?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1065 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:28 - Aug 28 by Dubtractor

Yep.

Another season watching Nolan and Judge be absolutely pointless ahead of us.

Ball goes to Judge with Lankester and Sears in acres of space on the wings.. Nah instead it will go back to Skuse then another short pass forwards to Judge who will look up and find only the massive 6'7 plus centre halves and with accuracy of an Exocet missile will find there heads with the wishy washy cross.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1062 viewsdavblue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:00 - Aug 28 by Farmerpiles

If that's true, what signal does that send to the young players ? Especially Dobra & El Mizouni. He knows his necks on the line and doesn't trust them. Why wouldn't you at least want them in your match day squad and on the bench? No doubt he will send them out on loan.

Young players can help get some energy in the team if they are used correctly you can ride that wave if you have a good balance.

Trusted senior pros isn't the way to go all of the time.

If these boys don't get playing time this season it could be the end of them.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 1058 viewsDubtractor

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:36 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

We didn't need this to realise that Lambert is a sh1t manager. We're rudderless.

The most frustrating thing is the timing, it coincides with us actually having a more than competitive squad at this level. No doubt when we waste another season and we finally roll the dice with another man in the hot seat we'll be weakened. Everything about the management of the club is disastrous.

I know this isn't an original thought, but Marcus Evans has been a catastrophe for this club. That he still gets defended by some on here bemuses me.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 1027 viewsGuthrum

Lambert would get a lot more leeway on this if Town hadn't got pretty feebly relegated, then woefully collapsed from a decent position to 10th in League One (in practical terms out of touch with even the play-offs) during his tenure.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 1023 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

El Mizouni could probably be a starter. Pathetic from PR Paul

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 1021 viewsclive_baker

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:38 - Aug 28 by Dubtractor

I know this isn't an original thought, but Marcus Evans has been a catastrophe for this club. That he still gets defended by some on here bemuses me.

He really has. You get what you deserve after a while. About the only slight crumb of comfort is that we don't deserve any better. We as fans do, but as a club we don't given how we've been managed from the top. Marcus Evans doesn't deserve success here. Significant under investment just about everywhere you look.

EDIT: Not even under investment in this case. Just awful decision making.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 9:51]

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 1021 viewsBloomBlue

Tough love hopefully. Sometimes in life people/players do need a kick up the **** that's the one thing Sir Bob was great up, arm round the shoulder when required, but a kick up the **** when required

*No I'm not saying PL is in the same league as SBR just commenting on the approach
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:42 - Aug 28 with 1008 viewsPinewoodblue

Didn’t anyone else see problems on the horizon when Cole Skuse was given a new contract?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:45 - Aug 28 with 978 viewsHerbivore

The Lambert situation really highlights it doesn't it? He announces a new 5 year deal for him when we've just gone 2 months without winning a game. Our decline continues and he decides against sacking him. It's pretty clear from what people with some insider knowledge are saying that Lambert's man management is shocking, we've seen plenty to suggest he's no tactician either. We're going into the new season with a dead man walking as manager and a talented squad that looks set to underperform once again.

By the time we get rid the new manager will have too much to do to take us up and the salary cap will start to hit and we'll lose the competitive edge we have with our current squad. Everyone else can see this playing out like a slowmotion car crash, why can't ME see it?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:46 - Aug 28 with 975 viewsportmanking

Quite right. As decision-making goes, Evans has pretty much got EVERY major appointment wrong. As an owner of a conglomerate, you'd like to think Evans would hold his hands up and say "I've got a lot wrong, I'm not the right man to take this club forward".
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:46 - Aug 28 with 974 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:55 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Get rid of the prick now. FFS, that's a terrible way to treat young players.

Steady, you don't know the full facts.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:49 - Aug 28 with 961 viewsclive_baker

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:42 - Aug 28 by Pinewoodblue

Didn’t anyone else see problems on the horizon when Cole Skuse was given a new contract?

I'm probably in the minority with this one but purely from a footballing perspective I can't disagree too much with the decision. Ndaba is raw, very raw. He's never done it in a previous loan spell and having a decent 45 minutes in a pre season friendly is worlds away from the rigours of L1. He's 5th choice, and a loan spell where he'll get 30 games is what he needs. The same can be said for Drinan. El-Miz and Dobra in an ideal world also would be allowed a full season out on loan, although we're not in an ideal world and they've probably got something to offer here this season. I would let one go and keep one on the bench.

The real issue for me is how Lambert goes about it. His man management is woeful, and this is just another example and indication as to why he can't get a tune out of a squad of players that should be more than competitive at this level, not shipping 5 at Lincoln and finishing mid table. He clearly isn't cut out for this job and right now he is the single biggest issue we need to fix / replace.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 9:53]

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 927 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:46 - Aug 28 by portmanking

Quite right. As decision-making goes, Evans has pretty much got EVERY major appointment wrong. As an owner of a conglomerate, you'd like to think Evans would hold his hands up and say "I've got a lot wrong, I'm not the right man to take this club forward".

No one apart from utter chances are looking to buy a football club now. For his many many many faults we still have a football club and he could easily have sold up to the likes of the chancers who brought, Wigan, Bury, Bolton and Charlton. We all want him to sell the club but to someone who isn't going to ruin it and leave us playing below Felixstowe and Walton.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:57 - Aug 28 with 918 viewsPinewoodblue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:49 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

I'm probably in the minority with this one but purely from a footballing perspective I can't disagree too much with the decision. Ndaba is raw, very raw. He's never done it in a previous loan spell and having a decent 45 minutes in a pre season friendly is worlds away from the rigours of L1. He's 5th choice, and a loan spell where he'll get 30 games is what he needs. The same can be said for Drinan. El-Miz and Dobra in an ideal world also would be allowed a full season out on loan, although we're not in an ideal world and they've probably got something to offer here this season. I would let one go and keep one on the bench.

The real issue for me is how Lambert goes about it. His man management is woeful, and this is just another example and indication as to why he can't get a tune out of a squad of players that should be more than competitive at this level, not shipping 5 at Lincoln and finishing mid table. He clearly isn't cut out for this job and right now he is the single biggest issue we need to fix / replace.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 9:53]

When you have an over bloated squad the last thing you do is show loyalty to a senior pro knowing that he will be blocking progress for up and coming players.

Lambert has, I suppose, flagged up that these five players are available and it maybe Evans gets to cash in by selling at least one of them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024