Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 20:36 - Jan 16 with 9167 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow. A lot of people with more money than sense. I might start selling magic beans.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bigbenbongforbrexit

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 14:17 - Jan 17 with 2420 viewsm14_blue

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 13:47 - Jan 17 by The_Last_Baron

It'll be a memorable evening, an historic moment and a great celebration.

I'll be there wearing a huge smile and I invite leavers and remainers alike to join in. Remoaners can stay at home and wallow in their misery.

Why are you celebrating?

You think this deal is worse than remaining, you said so on here. It's not Brexit to you.

It's nothing like the outcome you wanted.

Bizarre
Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 14:18 - Jan 17 with 2418 viewsHerbivore

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 14:17 - Jan 17 by m14_blue

Why are you celebrating?

You think this deal is worse than remaining, you said so on here. It's not Brexit to you.

Bizarre

But in his mind he won and we lost and that's all he cares about. They don't care what the outcome of all this is, all they care about is being on the winning side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 2394 viewsJ2BLUE

Why are you celebrating?

Bizarre

We only have to look at a former poster to know it's nothing to do with the EU. To people who still believe in Brexit it's an 'us versus them' deal. It's the people versus the elite. The man in the street versus the politicians. Etc etc. They cannot be told. I'm not trying to take the moral high ground. 17.2m of us made a stupid choice.

What is bloody hilarious though is that we send the EU £350m a week* but the chief Brexiteer can't find £500,000 to give the hardcore leavers their moment. I wonder why the Prime Minister might suddenly not be as keen to pander to the hardcore Brexiteers. When useful idiots have served their purpose they are no longer needed. See: The Night of the Long Knives etc. You have to admire the nerve of a man who got into power off the backs of hardcore Brexiteers and is now encouraging them to crowdfund a relatively minor expense in the grand scheme of things, which if it comes off, he will waste no time in taking credit for.

*In this case the higher figure just makes it more amusing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 15:13 - Jan 17 with 2378 viewsvapour_trail

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 13:47 - Jan 17 by The_Last_Baron

It'll be a memorable evening, an historic moment and a great celebration.

I'll be there wearing a huge smile and I invite leavers and remainers alike to join in. Remoaners can stay at home and wallow in their misery.

Ha ha. In that case I withdraw the half wits and imbeciles comment and I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 2358 viewsjeera

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 15:13 - Jan 17 by vapour_trail

Ha ha. In that case I withdraw the half wits and imbeciles comment and I hope you have a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

I don't know what these people think is going to happen.

It will be disappointing to finally wake up and realise everything is pretty much the same but with less opportunity.

"I voted for the country to go backwards, yay!"

Bong.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 2333 viewssoupytwist

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 21:54 - Jan 16 by clive_baker

17.2m of you voted for it, not sure it's that surprising that this campaign has raised an average of <1p from each of them.

Sadly, some of those 17.2m are now dead, like my late father. Unfortunately he did not make any prevision in his will for a donation to be made from his estate to a cause such as this so I won’t be able to contribute any of it.

Still toying with the idea of using some of it to sponsor the ladies team of his local non-league side though. He couldn’t understand women’s football.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 16:18]
Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 17:13 - Jan 17 with 2287 viewshampstead_blue

Why are you celebrating?

Bizarre

This whole thing is wrong on every level.

As a firm Brexiteer can those on this side stop this crass behaviour. It's not going to help anyone.

Let's have a collective glass of fine Margeaux and relax. Whis is bringing the cheese?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 2271 viewsHARRY10

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 17:13 - Jan 17 by hampstead_blue

As a firm Brexiteer can those on this side stop this crass behaviour. It's not going to help anyone.

Let's have a collective glass of fine Margeaux and relax. Whis is bringing the cheese?

"It’s a measure of just how little is going on in Westminster that the biggest ongoing political row has been over whether Big Ben should ring at 11pm on 31 January to celebrate the UK’s departure from the EU. The whole episode has been a farce of Boris Johnson’s own making. Prior to this week, only Nigel Farage and a few hardcore Brexiters had given much thought to whether Big Ben should ring or not. And even then only half-heartedly as the Elizabeth Tower has been undergoing major renovation works and the bell has been out of action for years.

But in a TV interview, Boris started making up policy on the hoof by saying it might be possible for the public to raise £500k to get the bell ringing for a few minutes. Almost immediately the few sensible people inside No 10 tried to kill off the idea — not only does the government not want to appear too triumphalist and divisive in its celebration, it also appears to be illegal to raise money in this way — but by then some Brexit enthusiasts, led by the Tory MP Mark Francois, had already launched an appeal that has already raised over £100K from the public.

It’s a classic Boris own goal and doesn’t say much for the state of the country. First that so many are prepared to shell out for a bell — why not just play a recording if you’re desperate: it’s not as if more than a few thousand people would actually hear Big Ben live anyway — when homeless people are dying in the tube subway just beneath it. Second that Big Ben makes front page news when the government’s attempts to scrap the A&E targets that it consistently misses barely rates a mention."
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 19:31 - Jan 17 with 2221 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rub it in why don’t you. The last you could do is pick a British tipple. Buckfast Tonic or something!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 22:52 - Jan 17 with 2167 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 19:31 - Jan 17 by Swansea_Blue

Rub it in why don’t you. The last you could do is pick a British tipple. Buckfast Tonic or something!

I'm drinking pints of tangible gin for the evening. The benefits are endless.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 23:37 - Jan 17 with 2148 viewsSarge

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 14:12 - Jan 17 by 26_Paz

Well said mate. I'm going to go as well. Remoaners are always going to moan mate, they're just the type of people who get kicks out of it.

It’s cringy to watch you reply to yourself
Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 23:39 - Jan 17 with 2145 viewsSarge

I’m going to shoot myself in the head.

I was going to anyway, the timing is a coincidence.
Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 23:47 - Jan 17 with 2138 viewsjeera

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 23:37 - Jan 17 by Sarge

It’s cringy to watch you reply to yourself

He was actually given a vote.

An actual vote.

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:19 - Jan 18 with 2087 viewsOldsmoker

Saturdays Daily Express sees the non-bonging of Big Ben as a betrayal.
It always is with the Express.
They can't see why it's going to cost so much more than what it cost at New Years Eve.
The fact that NYE was months in planning and worked into the renovation timescale escapes them. There is less than 2 weeks to organise this. Some Tory MPs (Francois etc) are trying to get a vote in the commons but that can't happen until Monday earliest and only if the speaker allows it.

The real betrayal is Brexiteers promising things they can't deliver and this has been going on since before the referendum.
There is one more betrayal that is about to happen and that is PM Johnson turning his back on the Brexiteers by trying to unify the country because that means helping remainers too.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:26 - Jan 18 with 2083 viewsjeera

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:19 - Jan 18 by Oldsmoker

Saturdays Daily Express sees the non-bonging of Big Ben as a betrayal.
It always is with the Express.
They can't see why it's going to cost so much more than what it cost at New Years Eve.
The fact that NYE was months in planning and worked into the renovation timescale escapes them. There is less than 2 weeks to organise this. Some Tory MPs (Francois etc) are trying to get a vote in the commons but that can't happen until Monday earliest and only if the speaker allows it.

The real betrayal is Brexiteers promising things they can't deliver and this has been going on since before the referendum.
There is one more betrayal that is about to happen and that is PM Johnson turning his back on the Brexiteers by trying to unify the country because that means helping remainers too.

Was just looking at this a few moments ago:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51157933

"Sajid Javid admitted not all businesses would benefit from Brexit."

"We're also talking about companies that have known since 2016 that we are leaving the EU."

"Admittedly, they didn't know the exact terms."

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:35 - Jan 18 with 2076 viewsOldsmoker

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:26 - Jan 18 by jeera

"We're also talking about companies that have known since 2016 that we are leaving the EU."

NI businesses and those companies that deal with them still don't know what the arrangements are.
Well actually, they do.
They are just waiting for Johnson to stop misleading them about the customs controls that will have to be implemented. It seems PM Johnson is the only one left who thinks there will be a frictionless border in NI.

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:52 - Jan 18 with 2069 viewsjeera

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:35 - Jan 18 by Oldsmoker

NI businesses and those companies that deal with them still don't know what the arrangements are.
Well actually, they do.
They are just waiting for Johnson to stop misleading them about the customs controls that will have to be implemented. It seems PM Johnson is the only one left who thinks there will be a frictionless border in NI.

Real people being affected by these silly games here.

And still that fact seems to be overlooked time and again.

Still, so long as we 'win', right?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 06:49 - Jan 18 with 2050 viewsOldsmoker

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:52 - Jan 18 by jeera

Real people being affected by these silly games here.

And still that fact seems to be overlooked time and again.

Still, so long as we 'win', right?

The meaning of the words 'we' and 'win' will probably have to be rethought.
Something along the lines of 'we' doesn't include me and 'win' is the same as Michael Jacksons understanding of the word 'bad' (which meant 'better than good' apparently).

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 06:55 - Jan 18 with 2045 viewsjeera

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 06:49 - Jan 18 by Oldsmoker

The meaning of the words 'we' and 'win' will probably have to be rethought.
Something along the lines of 'we' doesn't include me and 'win' is the same as Michael Jacksons understanding of the word 'bad' (which meant 'better than good' apparently).

That's just sick mate.

Whatever that means.

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 07:40 - Jan 18 with 2014 viewsHerbivore

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 05:26 - Jan 18 by jeera

It's interesting how markedly the tone has changed now the Tories have a stonking great majority and can push Brexit through.

They've spent four years telling us businesses will be predicted and that any negative predictions - even their own - are project fear. Now businesses will be affected but it's okay because they've known about it since 2016.

For four years we've heard constantly that the main benefit of leaving the EU is our ability to do new trade deals with the rest of the world. They'll be queueing up to do business with us we were told. Now we need to stop being so obsessed with trade deals apparently.

They've lied on an industrial scale. They know it's going to harm the country and now they are gaslighting the country to make us believe that we knew all along it would be harmful but we wanted it anyway and aren't we lucky the Tories are delivering it for us.

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 08:01 - Jan 18 with 1998 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 07:40 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

It's interesting how markedly the tone has changed now the Tories have a stonking great majority and can push Brexit through.

They've spent four years telling us businesses will be predicted and that any negative predictions - even their own - are project fear. Now businesses will be affected but it's okay because they've known about it since 2016.

For four years we've heard constantly that the main benefit of leaving the EU is our ability to do new trade deals with the rest of the world. They'll be queueing up to do business with us we were told. Now we need to stop being so obsessed with trade deals apparently.

They've lied on an industrial scale. They know it's going to harm the country and now they are gaslighting the country to make us believe that we knew all along it would be harmful but we wanted it anyway and aren't we lucky the Tories are delivering it for us.

AND don't forget the commitment to new hospitals (exact numbers unknown), The NHS as a whole and tackling child poverty will all be catered for once the economy has recovered sufficiently after the success of Brexit.

Cynics amongst us could argue that that this new wavering on the success or not of Brexit suits the nasty party quite nicely. Thanks for your vote!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 08:19 - Jan 18 with 1979 viewsHerbivore

Brexit Big Ben campaign raises £137,000 on 08:01 - Jan 18 by artsbossbeard

AND don't forget the commitment to new hospitals (exact numbers unknown), The NHS as a whole and tackling child poverty will all be catered for once the economy has recovered sufficiently after the success of Brexit.

Cynics amongst us could argue that that this new wavering on the success or not of Brexit suits the nasty party quite nicely. Thanks for your vote!

Indeed. The promise to raise the minimum wage significantly changed post election to a promise to raise it should economic conditions allow. I wonder if there's anything happening that might prevent the economic conditions from allowing it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024