Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? 11:15 - Nov 30 with 2755 viewshampstead_blue

Thinking about Southampton.
They had a clutch of youngsters who got them from L1 to the Prem.

Looking at our group;
Flynn
Andre
Woolfy
Holy
KVY
Garby
Jackson?

Given momentum and a couple more experienced players when we get promoted we good wave a Nodge whilst we a passing through......

Who else in the squad, young 'uns, could be added to that list?

Edit: This wasn't made clear. I'm not saying ALL of these could play in the Prem. It's a list and clearly the views on a few of them are valid and welcome.

My own choice would be:
Flynn
Woolfy
KYV

Possibles;
Andre
Garby
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 18:34]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 11:37 - Nov 30 with 2499 viewsBigManBlue

Of our youngsters I think that only KVY, Woolfenden and Downes would be ready to make that step up - the others haven't even been completely trusted in League 1 so I don't see them reaching that level by then. I'd add Lankester though if he gets over his injury.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 11:45 - Nov 30 with 2479 viewsgordon

Well hopefully one or two of them at least are still at Ipswich then.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:08 - Nov 30 with 2411 viewsSuperblue95

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 11:45 - Nov 30 by gordon

Well hopefully one or two of them at least are still at Ipswich then.

I don’t see any of our current lot still playing in their 70s

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:10 - Nov 30 with 2402 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Holy is 27. Garbutt is 26. Jackson is 25

‘Youngsters’

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:22 - Nov 30 with 2384 viewsGarv

Only the young ones out of that list. And that's a bit of a stretch at the minute, as promising as they look.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:25 - Nov 30 with 2373 viewshoppy

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:08 - Nov 30 by Superblue95

I don’t see any of our current lot still playing in their 70s

Didn’t stop Finidi playing for us...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:59 - Nov 30 with 2325 viewshampstead_blue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:10 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Holy is 27. Garbutt is 26. Jackson is 25

‘Youngsters’

Young (ish).........
Young in the sense they've not yet broken through.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 13:22 - Nov 30 with 2284 viewstractordownsouth

KVY, Woolfenden and Downes are the only ones who'd be remotely ready. The gap between L1 and the Championship is huge and the jump to the PL is even bigger, I think you're underestimating the gap. Would love to be proved wrong though!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:08 - Nov 30 with 2133 viewsGeoffSentence

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 12:59 - Nov 30 by hampstead_blue

Young (ish).........
Young in the sense they've not yet broken through.

I like that approach to youth. It makes me very young indeed.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:15 - Nov 30 with 2121 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 13:22 - Nov 30 by tractordownsouth

KVY, Woolfenden and Downes are the only ones who'd be remotely ready. The gap between L1 and the Championship is huge and the jump to the PL is even bigger, I think you're underestimating the gap. Would love to be proved wrong though!

Yep, a huge ask even for those 3. And it won’t be happening with us any time soon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:46 - Nov 30 with 2063 viewsdaisyisabaddog

What colour is the sky in the world you live in? Dozzell isn't even a Championship player let alone Premier league. If he, or any of the others, was good enough he would have been sold.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 17:08 - Nov 30 with 2028 viewshampstead_blue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:15 - Nov 30 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, a huge ask even for those 3. And it won’t be happening with us any time soon.

Have faith.

I'm think that with another season behind them those on the fringe may be able to bridge a gap.

The OP is of course with hope, but we've seen it done before.
Wouldn't it be lovely for us to get promoted, get a couple of more experienced players, and make another leap.

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 17:19 - Nov 30 with 2009 viewsBLUEBEAT

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 13:22 - Nov 30 by tractordownsouth

Agreed.

I’m already worrying about how this squad would cope in the Championship, to be honest.

Poll: W or W

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 17:41 - Nov 30 with 1952 viewsBiGDonnie

Flynn Downes and Luke Wofenden.

Massive, massive LOL at the suggestion of Jackson playing in the premier league.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 20:02 - Nov 30 with 1821 viewsWickets

Interesting one as i remember thinking that Wilnes Venus Bramble, who had had a year out, and others would really struggle in the Prem and we all know how well that team went . I wonder if Sheffield Utd fans thought their team would cope this year ? momentum i suppose is a great leveller .
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 02:25 - Dec 1 with 1631 viewsStNeotsBlue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:46 - Nov 30 by daisyisabaddog

What colour is the sky in the world you live in? Dozzell isn't even a Championship player let alone Premier league. If he, or any of the others, was good enough he would have been sold.

Andre was the width of a fag paper from joining Norwich in the summer.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 02:53 - Dec 1 with 1615 viewswkj

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 20:02 - Nov 30 by Wickets

Interesting one as i remember thinking that Wilnes Venus Bramble, who had had a year out, and others would really struggle in the Prem and we all know how well that team went . I wonder if Sheffield Utd fans thought their team would cope this year ? momentum i suppose is a great leveller .

I predicted Sheffield United would get the doubple promotion, and also they would probably fare the best in the PL of the three promoted teams. That squad has been a labour of love for a long time, regularly enduring playoff heartache in L1, and once they broke their stride, they got promoted with a team made of players any Championship club would love to have on their books.

Basically, they actually did what Evans and his managers said we were going to do, as in build a long term plan and aim for success. As we know, Hurst pretty much obliterated any hint of a long term project in a transfer season that would have even made Football Manager players wince.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:11 - Dec 1 with 1451 viewsBluebell

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 17:41 - Nov 30 by BiGDonnie

Flynn Downes and Luke Wofenden.

Massive, massive LOL at the suggestion of Jackson playing in the premier league.

I don't often agree with you but that is spot on!
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:21 - Dec 1 with 1448 viewsgordon

Garbutt has already played in the Premier League, anyway.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:43 - Dec 1 with 1413 viewsPilgrimblue

Think you missed Holy from your shortlist. He could be huge in Prem!
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:46 - Dec 1 with 1408 viewsmonty_radio

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 16:08 - Nov 30 by GeoffSentence

I like that approach to youth. It makes me very young indeed.

Yeah - even in my sixties, though I've long given up on an England call, I still live in hope that my Irish ancestry might eventually be picked up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 1405 viewsstrikalite

Yeah agree, with the shortage of quality central defenders out there Wolfy has the best chance imo, but KVY and Downes certainly have the ability, you could argue that playing with better players who keep possession is far less physical and demanding so yes it's a far better standard technically but in another way far less of a scrap that's for sure..

This is why I still think Andre is wasting his time here, this isn't his type of football, a loan out overseas where focus is far more ball retention based could see him turn into a quality player within two or three seasons...I think it'd do him the world of good.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:48 - Dec 1 with 1401 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 17:08 - Nov 30 by hampstead_blue

Have faith.

I'm think that with another season behind them those on the fringe may be able to bridge a gap.

The OP is of course with hope, but we've seen it done before.
Wouldn't it be lovely for us to get promoted, get a couple of more experienced players, and make another leap.

I’ve more faith in those players than us. For us to get in the PL we’d need a new owner, different manager and vastly different squad (including those 3). I can’t see us going up with Evans/Lambo combination, even with all the hope and faith in the world!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 10:01 - Dec 1 with 1373 viewsWestcountryblue

Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden. Bishop, KVY all have the potential attributes to play in the Premiership. Big questions marks over a couple of them though.

Dobra will probably be the next big thing through the academy and I think El Mizouni has the potential to be a good player for us maybe in the Championship.

Replacing Skuse and Chambers will be a tough job for PL over the next couple of years and I feel the likes of Nsiala, Edwards, Roberts, Donacien all need moving on if we are to go up and be competitive.
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 10:37 - Dec 1 with 1315 viewsActionMan

Classic case of us over rating our players. Downes and Vincent Young at a push, the rest are just League One and lower Championship at a push quality. I am also not convinced we're certain to do a Southampton and actually get promoted this season we've looked absolutely crap for the better part of a month now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024