Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? 11:15 - Nov 30 with 2767 viewshampstead_blue

Thinking about Southampton.
They had a clutch of youngsters who got them from L1 to the Prem.

Looking at our group;
Flynn
Andre
Woolfy
Holy
KVY
Garby
Jackson?

Given momentum and a couple more experienced players when we get promoted we good wave a Nodge whilst we a passing through......

Who else in the squad, young 'uns, could be added to that list?

Edit: This wasn't made clear. I'm not saying ALL of these could play in the Prem. It's a list and clearly the views on a few of them are valid and welcome.

My own choice would be:
Flynn
Woolfy
KYV

Possibles;
Andre
Garby
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 18:34]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 10:46 - Dec 1 with 205 viewshampstead_blue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 09:48 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve more faith in those players than us. For us to get in the PL we’d need a new owner, different manager and vastly different squad (including those 3). I can’t see us going up with Evans/Lambo combination, even with all the hope and faith in the world!

A new owner? Cobbolds aside, what is an ideal owner?

The ones with money come from rather dubious regimes and the others are like ME.

Agree that Lambert will only get us so far.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 11:40 - Dec 1 with 184 viewsunstableblue

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 10:37 - Dec 1 by ActionMan

Classic case of us over rating our players. Downes and Vincent Young at a push, the rest are just League One and lower Championship at a push quality. I am also not convinced we're certain to do a Southampton and actually get promoted this season we've looked absolutely crap for the better part of a month now.

Whilst I agree most of our players are some way off Premier Downes, KVY AND The Wolf are great prospects who could perhaps make it.

First half against Blackpool both Downes and Woolfenden looked class.

Saying we’ve looked crap for a month is incorrect, we were crap against Rotherham yes, woeful, against Blackpool we had some real quality at times.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How many of this squad could play in the Prem in two years? on 11:59 - Dec 1 with 179 viewsWeWereZombies

One of the comforts of watching 'Match of the Day' is seeing ex.Ipswich players doing well. Sadly none of them at present, with the exception of Conor Hourihane who never made it into our first team, are Academy scholars. But Tyrone Mings made rapid progression from non-league via us to the Premier League, Cresswell had a smoother path from League One Tranmere to Championship Ipswich to the Premier League. Andros Townsend, Mark Noble and Chris Wood were on loan to us so do not, like Garbutt, really have a place in this thought experiment. Which leaves the enigma of McGoldrick who we can put to one side on account of his previous experience.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024