Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. 18:46 - Nov 28 with 10913 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50591261

2 billion trees by 2040.....

"Impossible, some say - that's more than a quarter of a million trees every day."

Edit:
Should have said "it's a bit of fun". Poking fun at both DA's lack of mental anything (does she dress herself?) and the fact that Labour don't seem to do anything unless it says 'billion' after it......
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 19:14]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:50 - Nov 28 with 3746 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the Tories and the Brexit Party no show a debate on climate change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:50 - Nov 28 with 3744 viewsWeWereZombies

Don't worry, once we leave the European Union and our borders are well and truly porous to the entire World then the population of Uttar Pardesh can spend five days here a year and get the job done (as they already seem to have managed back in India).

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:50 - Nov 28 with 3744 viewsgiant_stow

Any Gardener types care to comment on if that's possible? Can't a few people be hired to fling few seeds around open space?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:51 - Nov 28 with 3733 viewsWeWereZombies

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:50 - Nov 28 by giant_stow

Any Gardener types care to comment on if that's possible? Can't a few people be hired to fling few seeds around open space?!

There is an interesting quantity of fact checking available if you care to click on the link Hampstead provided...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:52 - Nov 28 with 3726 viewsBloomBlue

I'm just delighted to see Dianne is involved in the GE I know momentum have gagged her recently I was concerned they had continued gagging her for the GE
Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:54 - Nov 28 with 3716 viewsSwansea_Blue

But then the rest of the article goes on to explain how it can be done.

100m a year. Not so impossible when Scotland can manage 22m a year on its own already.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:59 - Nov 28 with 3694 viewsClapham_Junction

Strange that the OP cut his quote off there when the next sentence was "But it's not necessarily unrealistic."

Also somewhat embarrassing to have spelt her name wrong too.
Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:00 - Nov 28 with 3693 viewsGeoffSentence

It would also take a lot of land, 50,000 km2 I haev seen quoted, which is more than 20% of the landmass of the UK, which is more than twice the size of Wales or about 60% of Scotland.

It's a worthy goal but I can't see how it would be possible, unless we did something radical and exciting like reclaiming The Wash and Dogger Bank.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:01 - Nov 28 with 3687 viewsjeera

No idea.

But as an aside, years ago I met a Canadian who would spend his holidays from uni being dropped off into the wilderness to plant trees.

A truck [few trucks?] would drive up into the uninhabited lands and drop off individuals, each armed with a one-man tent, basic survival items, a few thousand saplings and a can of bear mace.

They would then be left alone to plant them until they were then picked up a fortnight later.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:02 - Nov 28 with 3685 viewsLankHenners

Seems you didn’t read past the third sentence. Essentially, we can do it, as evidenced by other examples, but we need a kick up the backside.

Not a bad analogy for attitudes in this country this case - better things are achievable but instead of giving it a go people would rather whinge about it and say it’s not possible.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 19:02]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:03 - Nov 28 with 3677 viewsgiant_stow

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:01 - Nov 28 by jeera

No idea.

But as an aside, years ago I met a Canadian who would spend his holidays from uni being dropped off into the wilderness to plant trees.

A truck [few trucks?] would drive up into the uninhabited lands and drop off individuals, each armed with a one-man tent, basic survival items, a few thousand saplings and a can of bear mace.

They would then be left alone to plant them until they were then picked up a fortnight later.

That actually sounds fantastic!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 3644 viewsDanTheMan

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:02 - Nov 28 by LankHenners

Seems you didn’t read past the third sentence. Essentially, we can do it, as evidenced by other examples, but we need a kick up the backside.

Not a bad analogy for attitudes in this country this case - better things are achievable but instead of giving it a go people would rather whinge about it and say it’s not possible.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 19:02]

It's alright though, only the planet. Don't really need to worry about it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 3635 viewsgiant_stow

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:51 - Nov 28 by WeWereZombies

There is an interesting quantity of fact checking available if you care to click on the link Hampstead provided...

having actually read the article (!) it all sounds like an excellent idea with multiple benefits - nice one!

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 3635 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Maybe the figures include existing trees they are hoping to retain. No idea they would get that idea from.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 3628 viewsDubtractor

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:54 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

100m a year. Not so impossible when Scotland can manage 22m a year on its own already.

I'm increasingly of the view that this poster is just a foghorn of ignorance, one that sees himself as a well informed type though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 3625 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

About 33 each....I did 500 last year....crack on!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 3624 viewsjeera

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:03 - Nov 28 by giant_stow

That actually sounds fantastic!

I agree with you. And he clearly loved it.

The bear thing could be bit scary but the way he recited his encounters to me suggested they were well-drilled.

He said the mace was supplied as a matter of policy but no one with experience used it, as it was likely to blow into your own face and also if enough caught the actual bear, all it was likely to do was piss it off.

A couple of pans clattered together, he said, and bears couldn't stand the noise. They'd figure it wasn't worth the grief and would leave them alone.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 19:11]

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 3617 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scotland can manage 22m a year, so he planting isn’t the issue (if funded).

Or rewilding is another option, but takes longer to deliver results https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/25/rewilding-britains-rainfor

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:13 - Nov 28 with 3592 viewsHerbivore

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 18:54 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

More misinformation from Hampstead? I'm staggered.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:14 - Nov 28 with 3583 viewsjeera

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:13 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

More misinformation from Hampstead? I'm staggered.

It's almost like a pattern...

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:16 - Nov 28 with 3563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:09 - Nov 28 by Dubtractor

I'm increasingly of the view that this poster is just a foghorn of ignorance, one that sees himself as a well informed type though.

Slightly selective with information, that’s for sure!

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:21 - Nov 28 with 3546 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:09 - Nov 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

About 33 each....I did 500 last year....crack on!

500, tut tut, bloody part timer

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 20:09 - Nov 28 with 3445 viewseireblue

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 19:14 - Nov 28 by jeera

It's almost like a pattern...

It is great to see an ex-Military Intelligence officer, mining information, interpreting and presenting it, much as he used to, and so demonstrating, right here live on TWTD, the origination of the term oxymoron.
Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 3434 viewsjeera

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 20:09 - Nov 28 by eireblue

It is great to see an ex-Military Intelligence officer, mining information, interpreting and presenting it, much as he used to, and so demonstrating, right here live on TWTD, the origination of the term oxymoron.

I once had the misfortune to work alongside an ex-CID and he was an utter tw@t.

Leapt to all sorts of conclusions about everything and was wrong pretty much 100% of the time.

I'd like to think he was unceremoniously thrown out of the force, but I doubt it.

Dianne Abbott's new policy announcement. on 20:18 - Nov 28 with 3409 viewsvapour_trail

Always enjoyed your contributions on here. You’ve turned increasingly tedious through this election.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024