Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? 08:11 - Nov 6 with 11687 viewsitfcjoe

I know it has always been right leaning, but I'd have had it as a respectable paper with decent journalists etc, used to read parts of it at a time and was always fair.

It has literally turned into the Conservative Internal paper, the front page is an utter embarrassment. Is it just since Brexit that it has lost it's mind?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 18:40 - Nov 6 with 2089 viewsjaykay

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 11:59 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

What does the Tories only having tow policies have to do with me. I'm voting Lib Dem.

Are you suggesting that Swinson is only saying she wont support Crbyn as PM for political reasons and will change her mind in the event of a hung Parliament? Do you think she will betray people like Luciana Berger who was driven out of Labour by the racists? Do you think she will betray the British Jews who are voting Lib Dem in this election? I think she has principles and isn't so easily bought. I don't think she is somebody who will throw the British Jewish community under the bus because in order to stop Brexit.

have the lib dems published their manifesto ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 18:50 - Nov 6 with 2095 viewsfooters

Telegraph's front page tomorrow...

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:30 - Nov 6 with 2057 viewsZedRodgers

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 11:59 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

What does the Tories only having tow policies have to do with me. I'm voting Lib Dem.

Are you suggesting that Swinson is only saying she wont support Crbyn as PM for political reasons and will change her mind in the event of a hung Parliament? Do you think she will betray people like Luciana Berger who was driven out of Labour by the racists? Do you think she will betray the British Jews who are voting Lib Dem in this election? I think she has principles and isn't so easily bought. I don't think she is somebody who will throw the British Jewish community under the bus because in order to stop Brexit.

Yes, she is definitely saying it for political reasons. Swinson's anti-Labour approach is purely for electoral reasons to soak up those tribally opposed to Corbyn. It also gets them more Tory votes, like yours. It's understandable but certainly not principled.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Lib Dems will be able to say on December 13th, with their handful of seats, that they will not support the party which is offering a referendum with a route to remain? How can that be a tenable position? It would be the ultimate betrayal to anybody that's switched to them because of Brexit. Or do you think they will sail to a majority and not have to worry about it?

If you think Jo Swinson or the Lib Dems have principles, you've clearly not been paying attention.

No, not at the moment

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:41 - Nov 6 with 2048 viewsDubtractor

The thing with the tories approach, already, is that it is so utterly dumb that even the media usually sympathetic to them are ridiculing them.

They really are scum and I will be truly depressed if they win the election.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:44 - Nov 6 with 2038 viewsvapour_trail

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:41 - Nov 6 by Dubtractor

The thing with the tories approach, already, is that it is so utterly dumb that even the media usually sympathetic to them are ridiculing them.

If I was a religious man the thing I’d cling to most would be a special place in the afterlife for the likes of Zahawi.

A complete tool.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:07 - Nov 6 with 2011 viewsjeera

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:44 - Nov 6 by vapour_trail

If I was a religious man the thing I’d cling to most would be a special place in the afterlife for the likes of Zahawi.

A complete tool.

In a way all of this may turn out to be good.

All that we've known for years is finally manifesting itself, unashamedly into the open.

At least we now know what it is we're dealing with. There really doesn't seem to be any more hiding.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:32 - Nov 6 with 1988 viewsFootballpete

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 11:33 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

It's been known as the Torygraph for as long as I can remember.

Re the comparisons with Stalin, pictures like this give Labour's opponents an open goal.

Could you find a picture anywhere of a Tory cabinet member giving a speech in front of a banner displaying the images of Hitler and Mussolini?

I’d be interested to know where that photo was taken, and whether or not it has been photoshopped.

I have no doubt that such banners have been on display at demonstrations where McDonnell has spoken, but it’s doubtful it would have been the centre piece.

The banner in question is from a sect known as the CPGB-ML, who adhere to the Stalinist “third period” line of no cooperation with non-communist parties. They oppose support for labour under any circumstances, viewing them as “social-fascist”.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:33 - Nov 6 with 1984 viewsvapour_trail

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:32 - Nov 6 by Footballpete

I’d be interested to know where that photo was taken, and whether or not it has been photoshopped.

I have no doubt that such banners have been on display at demonstrations where McDonnell has spoken, but it’s doubtful it would have been the centre piece.

The banner in question is from a sect known as the CPGB-ML, who adhere to the Stalinist “third period” line of no cooperation with non-communist parties. They oppose support for labour under any circumstances, viewing them as “social-fascist”.

Stand down Pete. Tories do not spread fake news.

Login to get fewer ads

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:38 - Nov 6 with 1969 viewsfooters

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:32 - Nov 6 by Footballpete

Now, see this is what's wrong, you're bringing context into things. Shame on you.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:39 - Nov 6 with 1960 viewswkj

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:38 - Nov 6 by footers

Now, see this is what's wrong, you're bringing context into things. Shame on you.

That is an awful lot of huff and puff honey.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:49 - Nov 6 with 1938 viewsFootballpete

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 10:31 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

You say nearly every paper is a mouthpiece, which to an extent is true - but this isn't even subtle about anything, it is literally a mouthpiece now for Boris and the Tories. It's ironic that they talk about Stalin when they effectively have an in house newspaper being billed as a broadsheet

The current government has more in common with Stalinism that the current Labour Party.

1918 - When the constituent assembly voted overwhelmingly against the Bolsheviks, the latter dissolved the constituent assembly.
2019 - When parliament votes against government policy, the prime minister prorouges Parliament.

1927 - when Long standing members of the ruling party oppose government policy they are expelled from the ruling party.
2019 - when Long standing members of the ruling party oppose government policy they are expelled from the party.

My comparison is mildly farcical, but it holds far more weight than the guff spouted by Bojo. Mind you Corbyn does wear a “Lenin hat” so it must be true.

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:56 - Nov 6 with 1917 viewsDubtractor

Fooks sake. James Brokenshire on Newsnight at the mo, getting a grilling on a number of subjects, and almost every sentence starts with "I think that the important thing is....."

Every sentence starts with the word "important", implying that what he wants to say (often unrelated with the question) is important, but the question is not.

I might have to step away from the bloody news over the next few weeks.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 23:00 - Nov 6 with 1904 viewsvapour_trail

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 22:56 - Nov 6 by Dubtractor

Fooks sake. James Brokenshire on Newsnight at the mo, getting a grilling on a number of subjects, and almost every sentence starts with "I think that the important thing is....."

Every sentence starts with the word "important", implying that what he wants to say (often unrelated with the question) is important, but the question is not.

I might have to step away from the bloody news over the next few weeks.

It is abysmal.

It’s not unique to the tories at all, but they have been on the back foot more over the past 48 hours, so are on the defensive.

The lies and disinformation, the sheer hypocrisy, it’s dreadful. This place is little better - look at the upvotes on the latest no abuse thread, you couldn’t make it up.

I may digidetox.

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 23:02 - Nov 6 with 1899 viewsDubtractor

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 23:00 - Nov 6 by vapour_trail

It is abysmal.

It’s not unique to the tories at all, but they have been on the back foot more over the past 48 hours, so are on the defensive.

The lies and disinformation, the sheer hypocrisy, it’s dreadful. This place is little better - look at the upvotes on the latest no abuse thread, you couldn’t make it up.

I may digidetox.

I upvoted that in fairness, but I just like to brown nose Phil a bit sometimes tbf.

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 23:04 - Nov 6 with 1891 viewsvapour_trail

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 23:02 - Nov 6 by Dubtractor

I upvoted that in fairness, but I just like to brown nose Phil a bit sometimes tbf.

It’s not you I’m on about.

You’re nice dubbers. I wouldn’t dream of upvoting that as I’m less nice and it would be a little hypocritical. Look at who else has though. That is bonkers.

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 08:27 - Nov 7 with 1809 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hi Pete. I hope you are well? Definitely not photoshopped although your question does seem to have got a couple of the more rabid posters over excited. Google John McDOnnell Stalin it it offers up plenty of images with that banner as a backdrop to the stage where MCDonnell was speaking.

As a side note Seamus Milne, Corbyn’s communications director has long been a apologist for Stalin and I believe that Andrew Murray, Corbyn’s head off staff, recently left the group you mention to take up his position (although you may know more about that than I so please correct me if I’m wrong).
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:12]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 08:59 - Nov 7 with 1791 viewsHerbivore

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 21:41 - Nov 6 by Dubtractor

The respectable faces of the Tories have more or less all gone now, either seeing what a horror show they've become and leaving themselves or being kicked out for doing precisely what most of the current extremist cabinet were doing back in the Spring. It's left the raving loons that have always wielded significant power actually at the forefront of the party and having to be wheeled out in public. They can't hide their lack of basic humanity and decency, it's their defining characteristic. The worst part is they will still end up the biggest party following the GE. What kind of person actually votes for them?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 19:35 - Nov 7 with 1741 viewstractordownsouth

Case in point: Headline is " senior labour figures line up to urge voters to back Boris"

Reality: One ex labour MP has done this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/07/brexit-general-election-news-ian

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 19:52 - Nov 7 with 1735 viewsSwansea_Blue

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 10:29 - Nov 6 by lowhouseblue

and which of those was on today's front page? since the thread is about today's front page and I was replying to your post which said "I’m surprised BJ is allowed to spread blatant lies on the front page" ?

the knee jerk labelling of those people disagree with as 'liars' is bringing political debate down.

Sorry, I didn’t answer this. I think yesterday’s Telegraph front page was Johnson comparing Corbyn to a despot who murdered 3 million innocent people, so not overly accurate. And wasn’t today the Mail suggesting Boris got of to a flyer yesterday with their campaign launch and channeling his inner Churchill, so again, some way from the truth of the list of things that went wrong for them yesterday (Cleverly’s car crash interview, Mogg/Brigden apologising over disgusting comments about the Grenfell victims, the Advertising Standards Agency banning the DWP lying adverts...and I think there was more. I might be a day out on some of them, as the cockpits are coming thick and fast).

So it’s not lazy to say that the right wing press are giving the wrong impression of what’s happening. It’s simply what’s happening. Sometimes it’s simply selective reporting and laughable spin, other times it’s downright lies.

And no, not all papers do it to the same degree. The mirror might, I wouldn’t know. The Guardian tends to be factual, although with a left bias obviously. The Indi is probably the most sensationalist of the ones I’m aware of. Not sure if it’s ever platformed a PM’s lies though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 19:59 - Nov 7 with 1729 viewsFootballpete

WHen did the Telegraph just become a Tory mouthpiece? on 08:27 - Nov 7 by GlasgowBlue

Hi Pete. I hope you are well? Definitely not photoshopped although your question does seem to have got a couple of the more rabid posters over excited. Google John McDOnnell Stalin it it offers up plenty of images with that banner as a backdrop to the stage where MCDonnell was speaking.

As a side note Seamus Milne, Corbyn’s communications director has long been a apologist for Stalin and I believe that Andrew Murray, Corbyn’s head off staff, recently left the group you mention to take up his position (although you may know more about that than I so please correct me if I’m wrong).
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:12]

I’m good thanks, though often too busy to frequent here like I used too.

Andrew Murray was a member of the CPB, which is the “official” communist party of the UK strongly linked to the morning star. They have advocated critical support for labour continuously for decades, they’re a very different kettle of fish to the CPGB-ML who have traditions more in Maoism ( it’s all very people’s front of Judea-esque).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024