Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) 13:22 - Nov 7 with 3658 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:24 - Nov 7 with 3646 viewsIllinoisblue

come to League 1 they said, you'll play every Saturday they said

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:26 - Nov 7 with 3632 viewsJakeITFC

Stupid league.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:27 - Nov 7 with 3633 viewsportmanking

Couldn't that be perceived as a good thing? (Assuming you think otherwise!)

A) It gives people like KVY and Norwood a chance to properly recover from their surgeries.

B) Young lads like Woolfie, Downes and co. can recuperate and recharge the batteries to go again over the busy festive period.

C) Gives us more time on the training ground.

We're in such a good position in the league, I don't think any of us could have imagined this scenario in our wildest dreams, so staying fresh after such a great start could be a real blessing here.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:28 - Nov 7 with 3625 viewsitfcjoe

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:27 - Nov 7 by portmanking

A) It gives people like KVY and Norwood a chance to properly recover from their surgeries.

B) Young lads like Woolfie, Downes and co. can recuperate and recharge the batteries to go again over the busy festive period.

We're in such a good position in the league, I don't think any of us could have imagined this scenario in our wildest dreams, so staying fresh after such a great start could be a real blessing here.

The issue is the season doesn't get any longer, it still has a finite end date and the same amount of fixtures to fit in.

We could be in a position where we have 3-4 games in hand on teams - therefore 3-4 more games to fit in in the same timeframe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:30 - Nov 7 with 3611 viewsTractorCam

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:27 - Nov 7 by portmanking

Not so sure I agree with B. To me they would be more knackered towards the end of the festive period if they aren't playing regularly now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:40 - Nov 7 with 3563 viewsportmanking

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:28 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

The issue is the season doesn't get any longer, it still has a finite end date and the same amount of fixtures to fit in.

We could be in a position where we have 3-4 games in hand on teams - therefore 3-4 more games to fit in in the same timeframe

I totally get that Feb and March are now likely to be stacked for fixtures, but having a squad that's virtually injury-free (bar Lankester, hopefully) for that post-Christmas period could give us a chance to build even more momentum when other teams' smaller squads are wilting on the heavier pitches.

There's pros and cons for both for sure. Having time off ahead of two big back-to-back home games against Blackpool and Wycombe should also be seen as a positive surely? We'll need all our energy reserves to get 6 points there in what will be two gruelling battles.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:41]
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:49 - Nov 7 with 3502 viewsportmanking

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:30 - Nov 7 by TractorCam

Not so sure I agree with B. To me they would be more knackered towards the end of the festive period if they aren't playing regularly now.

Surely if that was the case Town's physio team would be recommending to Lambert that these games aren't rescheduled? I refuse to believe they'll be de-conditioned in a matter of days. These guys train hard daily, remember.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:18 - Nov 7 with 3348 viewsPilgrimblue

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:49 - Nov 7 by portmanking

Surely if that was the case Town's physio team would be recommending to Lambert that these games aren't rescheduled? I refuse to believe they'll be de-conditioned in a matter of days. These guys train hard daily, remember.

They say that training is harder than playing which in terms of players like Edwards that could be true!
Login to get fewer ads

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:29 - Nov 7 with 3314 viewshoppy

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:28 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

But we could also be in the position where we're not losing any ground despite not playing, so having 3-4 games in hand becomes a luxury where we could find it makes no odds what the results of them are.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:32 - Nov 7 with 3309 viewsRadlett_blue

Especially if we progress in the Cups - although I'm sure Lambert has a plan to prevent that from happening!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:34 - Nov 7 with 3304 viewswrightsrightglove

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 13:40 - Nov 7 by portmanking

I totally get that Feb and March are now likely to be stacked for fixtures, but having a squad that's virtually injury-free (bar Lankester, hopefully) for that post-Christmas period could give us a chance to build even more momentum when other teams' smaller squads are wilting on the heavier pitches.

There's pros and cons for both for sure. Having time off ahead of two big back-to-back home games against Blackpool and Wycombe should also be seen as a positive surely? We'll need all our energy reserves to get 6 points there in what will be two gruelling battles.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 13:41]

Agree with this. In a few weeks we could be top of the league with 2 / 3 games in hand over the teams below us. That would be an amazing situation to be in heading into Christmas. Our squad should be big enough and strong enough to cope with the increased fixture load next year and that will only improve momentum heading into the end of the season.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 3277 viewsRadlett_blue

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:34 - Nov 7 by wrightsrightglove

Agree with this. In a few weeks we could be top of the league with 2 / 3 games in hand over the teams below us. That would be an amazing situation to be in heading into Christmas. Our squad should be big enough and strong enough to cope with the increased fixture load next year and that will only improve momentum heading into the end of the season.

Only issue is our abysmal record when coming back from breaks. Hard to tell if that's just pure coincidence but that coupled with our poor record with injured players of the last few years leads me to suspect that our sports science department is not all it should be.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:41 - Nov 7 with 3269 viewsActionMan

But none of this ever happens, we come back,we look totally blunt, can't string a pass together and get bullied by Accrington Stanley. Same as this resting for the Cup nonsense, we throw away a cup game to play absolutely guff in the league immediately after.

It's nonsense, if we're good enough to win this leagues we will win it based on the fact we have a squad that can win more games than the others we're at the moment at risk of handing any sort of momentum over to Wycombe. We bang on about hwo good our squad is for this league and then we're scared of playing when we have one injury and apparently Woolfie, Downes, Skuse and Chambers can only play 2 games in a row before needing a rest. ... absolute nonsense unless we really don't have a good squad?
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 16:08 - Nov 7 with 3221 viewshampstead_blue

Feet-up by the fire with a large brandy and a few bottles of Margeaux.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 16:31 - Nov 7 with 3185 viewsChurchman

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 15:38 - Nov 7 by Radlett_blue

Only issue is our abysmal record when coming back from breaks. Hard to tell if that's just pure coincidence but that coupled with our poor record with injured players of the last few years leads me to suspect that our sports science department is not all it should be.

I think it is coincidence. As for injured players, every club has that problem. As for the sports science bit, if its something that has been allowed to rot like the rest of the club under Evans, Iā€™m sure its something Lambert is trying to address.

I believe postponing the Oxford game is the right thing to do on balance.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 16:38 - Nov 7 with 3165 viewsSmithersJones

It's not really worked out like that, though, has it? So far we've lost three games to international breaks - Rochdale (A), Wycombe (H) and Oxford (A). By the end of this month we'll have played two of those, so we only have one more to fit in.
One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 3127 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm not sure I really mind that. It'a a bit weird but we already have some of those games in hand and are top. There's not too much sign at the moment ā€” touch wood ā€” that we'll be in some catch-up situation with teams above us and if it stays that way then we'll be ok.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

One league game between 26th October and 23rd November (n/t) on 20:06 - Nov 7 with 2908 viewsquirkie

Only problem I see with coming back from a break is we lose the following 2 games as sure as night follows day.

International break, my a*se.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 20:07]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024