Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So prorogation was unlawful 10:45 - Sep 24 with 17491 viewsnoggin

What now?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:03 - Sep 24 with 2555 viewsSpruceMoose

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:02 - Sep 24 by BlueNomad

The irony of Brexiteers going on BBC News website demanding the matter now be taken to the European Court of Justice........

Lots of angry "yeah well we is leaving on 31st October anyway!" on the old social medias today.

Who knows what 1st November will bring.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:04 - Sep 24 with 2551 viewsGuthrum

The irony of Brexiteers going on BBC News website demanding the matter now be taken to the European Court of Justice........

Doesn't fall within the ECJ's remit to rule on internal UK constitutional squabbles where they don't relate to EU laws or structures.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:06 - Sep 24 with 2542 viewsBlueNomad

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:03 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Lots of angry "yeah well we is leaving on 31st October anyway!" on the old social medias today.

All 11 judges are bent remainers apparently - go to Wetherspoons in Clacton for a well informed view
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 14:13]
So prorogation was unlawful on 14:08 - Sep 24 with 2535 viewsSpruceMoose

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:06 - Sep 24 by BlueNomad

All 11 judges are bent remainers apparently - go to Wetherspoons in Clacton for a well informed view
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 14:13]

The red faced folk who are regularly drunk by noon have much to teach us about the intricacies of our relationship to Europe.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:10 - Sep 24 with 2525 viewsMrTown

3 points at home to Tranmere please.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:14 - Sep 24 with 2500 viewsBlueBadger

So prorogation was unlawful on 12:55 - Sep 24 by tabletopjoe

This now means we are ruled by unelected lawyers, and not an elected executive. Dark days ahead.

Think of it as a dress rehearsal for trading under WTO rules.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:15 - Sep 24 with 2502 viewsBlueNomad

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:04 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

Doesn't fall within the ECJ's remit to rule on internal UK constitutional squabbles where they don't relate to EU laws or structures.

I know - I was quoting them and their “logic “
So prorogation was unlawful on 14:16 - Sep 24 with 2500 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wonderfully ironic

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:26 - Sep 24 with 2474 viewsDarth_Koont

As I've said before, if there's one silver lining of this Brexit mess it's seeing how incapable most politicians (and the media who support them) are at dealing with reality.

Brexit with its fixed timeline and practicalities can't just be soft-soaped with words. Not only is it exposing their level of incompetence but, as with BoJo and his cabinet here, it just gets them into a bigger mess when they still keep trying to play politics.

Pronouns: He/Him

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:30 - Sep 24 with 2463 viewsSpruceMoose

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:26 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

As I've said before, if there's one silver lining of this Brexit mess it's seeing how incapable most politicians (and the media who support them) are at dealing with reality.

Brexit with its fixed timeline and practicalities can't just be soft-soaped with words. Not only is it exposing their level of incompetence but, as with BoJo and his cabinet here, it just gets them into a bigger mess when they still keep trying to play politics.

As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:32 - Sep 24 with 2454 viewsBrixtonBlue

My birthday is what it will bring. And the birthday of Kevin Horlock.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:33 - Sep 24 with 2451 viewsBluefish

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:26 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

There is one politician that is so hopeless that he still won't tell anyone which side of brexit he is on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:35 - Sep 24 with 2449 viewsSpruceMoose

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:33 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

There is one politician that is so hopeless that he still won't tell anyone which side of brexit he is on

We know where he stands really though. He'd been telling us for the whole of his political life, then suddenly stopped when people started listening to him.

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:35 - Sep 24 with 2446 viewsBogblue

Her Majesty says "chop off his goolies"
So prorogation was unlawful on 14:37 - Sep 24 with 2437 viewsSwansea_Blue

We'll know before then. As things stand the PM is bound by law (ha!) to request another extension if parliament doesn't approve a deal or no-deal by 19th October.

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:37 - Sep 24 with 2431 viewsDarth_Koont

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:30 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

As Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Indeed. Wonder what Churchill or TBF pretty much any of the politicians of the 20th century would think of this lot?

"We shall go on to the end ... or a general election whichever comes first. We shall fight them on social media, we shall fight them with Telegraph editorials and we shall fight them using data-mined psyops. We shall never surrender to reality."

You really can't make it up on 14:55 - Sep 24 with 2410 viewsDyland

Firstly, the obvious.

Secondly, as if the ECJ can overrule this kind of thing anyway. Which is a double irony in itself.

I was thinking as this mess has evolved that my fellow citizens are mainly trolls, but then I stopped drinking and consuming powerful psychotropic substances for a bit and now I realise they are all just completely fooking thick.

I don't know what to make of that, beyond a Gallic shrug.

Bof

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:59 - Sep 24 with 2383 viewsjeera

So prorogation was unlawful on 13:58 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

you give me far too much credit! I simply didnt know.

That's because I'm one of the few people who still likes you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:06 - Sep 24 with 2369 viewsfooters

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:08 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

The red faced folk who are regularly drunk by noon have much to teach us about the intricacies of our relationship to Europe.

I'll try but can't promise anything.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:07 - Sep 24 with 2363 viewsSpruceMoose

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:06 - Sep 24 by footers

I'll try but can't promise anything.

I said noon not nine.

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:18 - Sep 24 with 2332 viewsDarth_Koont

So prorogation was unlawful on 14:33 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

The let's try and resolve Brexit and the divisions it's caused side or the simplistic, black/white, what got us into this mess in the first place side?

Yeah, when resolving a complex political, trade and social situation I'd much prefer a one-word solution I can wave on a flag. Against other people with the opposite flag.

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:30 - Sep 24 with 2306 viewsSpruceMoose

Arf. Classic Dom.

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:31 - Sep 24 with 2301 viewsBluefish

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:18 - Sep 24 by Darth_Koont

The let's try and resolve Brexit and the divisions it's caused side or the simplistic, black/white, what got us into this mess in the first place side?

Yeah, when resolving a complex political, trade and social situation I'd much prefer a one-word solution I can wave on a flag. Against other people with the opposite flag.

Well I'm sure a greater lack of clarity is exactly what we need for those deadlines that you raised in your post. Are there any red lines that you wouldn't blindly defend Corbyn on?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You really can't make it up on 15:37 - Sep 24 with 2291 viewsSwansea_Blue

You really can't make it up on 14:55 - Sep 24 by Dyland

Firstly, the obvious.

Secondly, as if the ECJ can overrule this kind of thing anyway. Which is a double irony in itself.

I was thinking as this mess has evolved that my fellow citizens are mainly trolls, but then I stopped drinking and consuming powerful psychotropic substances for a bit and now I realise they are all just completely fooking thick.

I don't know what to make of that, beyond a Gallic shrug.

Bof

80% of the British population today (needs sound)

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:58 - Sep 24 with 2261 viewsDarth_Koont

So prorogation was unlawful on 15:31 - Sep 24 by Bluefish

Well I'm sure a greater lack of clarity is exactly what we need for those deadlines that you raised in your post. Are there any red lines that you wouldn't blindly defend Corbyn on?

I've criticised him in the past on Brexit and think there should have been a much clearer referendum approach before we reached this end-point. Also I largely disagree with Corbyn's historic, personal view on the EU.

Is there anything you don't take a silly, posturing, one-eyed view on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024