Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So prorogation was unlawful 10:45 - Sep 24 with 17494 viewsnoggin

What now?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:17 - Sep 24 with 2984 viewsGuthrum

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:06 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Obviously the party leaders are calling for his resignation.

That dose pose the question though on where liability ends. Boris clearly went on legal advice he was given, the details of which he couldn't understand. Given this did he do it deliberately or is the issue with the advice? If it's with the advice and it costs him his position how can any future PM trust their legal advice?

Either way I doubt anyone will be sorry if he's forced to go - he's rubbish and the country is far better off without him.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:09]

When it comes down to it, even if one is in favour of leaving the EU, Johnson has made a complete pig's ear of this.

He's destroyed his majority (and thus his ability to pass legislation), alienated large numbers of possible allies, mobilised virtually every possible segment of opposition, mishandled procedure so blatantly he's been caught in the act, not even been effective in his maneuverings, been revealed as an incompetent negotiator and made an idiot of himself on the world stage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:18 - Sep 24 with 2976 viewsGuthrum

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:12 - Sep 24 by artsbossbeard

This doesn't tie up with my facebook feed..

I make you right though.

Feel free to use my post!

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:19 - Sep 24 with 2971 viewscrunchie1978

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:06 - Sep 24 by Pinewoodblue

Corbyn is cornered now he has no choice he has to seek a vote of no confidence in the government.

If the opposition parties form a unity government presumably they will delay Brexit but what then porogue parliament and have a queen's speech but is there really any chance of agreement as to what goes in the queen's speech.

We then have a general election with a good chance of another conservative government presumably. No winners here .
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:12]

Can he not just porogue parliament again?
All this has done is surely just playing into his hands by kicking the can down the road toward October 31st .
So prorogation was unlawful on 11:20 - Sep 24 with 2953 viewsartsbossbeard

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:19 - Sep 24 by crunchie1978

All this has done is surely just playing into his hands by kicking the can down the road toward October 31st .

Show us your workings, Cruncher.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:22 - Sep 24 with 2940 viewsBlueBadger

So prorogation was unlawful on 10:50 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

The Queen hasn't actually done anything illegal. She was approached by the proper authorities with a correct request, to which she acceded (having little constitutional choice but to do so).

This judgement says she was lied to and misled.

Apparently Phil is asking one of his 'drivers' to start chauffering Boris...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:22 - Sep 24 with 2944 viewsjaykay

Rudolf Hess room is still free. i think that place was built for this reason

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:22 - Sep 24 with 2941 viewsbrazil1982

So prorogation was unlawful on 10:49 - Sep 24 by noggin

He's basically advised the Queen to break the law of her land.

What law has been broken?
So prorogation was unlawful on 11:23 - Sep 24 with 2929 viewscrunchie1978

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:20 - Sep 24 by artsbossbeard

Show us your workings, Cruncher.

I have no workings hence why I asked you....note question mark lol.
Login to get fewer ads

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:25 - Sep 24 with 2906 viewsGuthrum

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:06 - Sep 24 by Pinewoodblue

Corbyn is cornered now he has no choice he has to seek a vote of no confidence in the government.

If the opposition parties form a unity government presumably they will delay Brexit but what then porogue parliament and have a queen's speech but is there really any chance of agreement as to what goes in the queen's speech.

We then have a general election with a good chance of another conservative government presumably. No winners here .
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:12]

I don't think the chances of another Conservative government are that good. Johnson has Farage on his tail and lacks natural allies for a Commons majority.

Whatever Swinson might say, she's far more likely to link up with ambivalent Corbyn and Remainer Sturgeon than with Brexity Johnson.

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:25 - Sep 24 with 2903 viewshampstead_blue

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:08 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

To be honest it's pretty hard to imagine how anyone ever thought he had peoples best interests at heart.

Boris only has Boris best interest at heart.

SB

agree, which is why I wanted Hunt to win.
At least he would have behaved sensibly.

Boris must have war gamed this outcome and probably has a response ready and waiting. I only hope it involves him retiring and letting a sensible leader take over.

Maybe then we can get a grown-up deal, leave the EU, and get on with our lives without all these dark extreme clouds hanging over us.

Boris is an utter plank.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:27 - Sep 24 with 2881 viewsnoggin

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:25 - Sep 24 by hampstead_blue

agree, which is why I wanted Hunt to win.
At least he would have behaved sensibly.

Boris must have war gamed this outcome and probably has a response ready and waiting. I only hope it involves him retiring and letting a sensible leader take over.

Maybe then we can get a grown-up deal, leave the EU, and get on with our lives without all these dark extreme clouds hanging over us.

Boris is an utter plank.

There already is a “grown up deal”

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:28 - Sep 24 with 2877 viewscrunchie1978

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:06 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Obviously the party leaders are calling for his resignation.

That dose pose the question though on where liability ends. Boris clearly went on legal advice he was given, the details of which he couldn't understand. Given this did he do it deliberately or is the issue with the advice? If it's with the advice and it costs him his position how can any future PM trust their legal advice?

Either way I doubt anyone will be sorry if he's forced to go - he's rubbish and the country is far better off without him.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:09]

Do you think this will set a presidence where the opposition party will question any future poroguing of parliament by the
Government at the time?
So prorogation was unlawful on 11:29 - Sep 24 with 2866 viewseireblue

So prorogation was unlawful on 10:49 - Sep 24 by BrixtonBlue

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:29 - Sep 24 with 2868 viewschicoazul

Interesting that courts can tell elected politicians what to do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:30 - Sep 24 with 2855 viewsGuthrum

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:19 - Sep 24 by crunchie1978

This judgement having been made, a new prorogation could be equally challenged. And would have to be much shorter.

Also, Parliament being prorogued doesn't absolve the Prime Minister from having to comply with the law requiring him to ask for an extension in the absence of Parliament passing either a deal or a motion backing No Deal by Oct 19th.

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:30 - Sep 24 with 2850 viewsBlueBadger

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:29 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

The courts are there to interpret and define the law. That's their job. Politicians only make the law, they are not above it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:32 - Sep 24 with 2837 viewsGuthrum

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:28 - Sep 24 by crunchie1978

Do you think this will set a presidence where the opposition party will question any future poroguing of parliament by the
Government at the time?

Yes, it does. But normally there is no dispute about the length, timing or reasons for prorogation.

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:33 - Sep 24 with 2831 viewscrunchie1978

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:30 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

This judgement having been made, a new prorogation could be equally challenged. And would have to be much shorter.

Also, Parliament being prorogued doesn't absolve the Prime Minister from having to comply with the law requiring him to ask for an extension in the absence of Parliament passing either a deal or a motion backing No Deal by Oct 19th.

Thank you for the clarification.
So prorogation was unlawful on 11:33 - Sep 24 with 2834 viewsSteve_M

Well, when that politician is trying to govern without Parliament, that would be entirely in keeping with the way a parliamentary democracy should work.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:35 - Sep 24 with 2813 viewsflimflam

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:25 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

I don't think the chances of another Conservative government are that good. Johnson has Farage on his tail and lacks natural allies for a Commons majority.

Whatever Swinson might say, she's far more likely to link up with ambivalent Corbyn and Remainer Sturgeon than with Brexity Johnson.

If BJ goes it alone they will be wiped out as the votes will be split between him and NF.

Work with NF and we will see a coalition of Tory and Brexit Party.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:35 - Sep 24 with 2808 viewsStokieBlue

Politicians are elected to work within the legal framework of the country. If they don't then the courts should of course stop them.

Otherwise what is stopping an elected politician doing whatever they want? Furthermore what is the point of having a legal framework?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:37 - Sep 24 with 2797 viewsflimflam

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:30 - Sep 24 by BlueBadger

The courts are there to interpret and define the law. That's their job. Politicians only make the law, they are not above it.

What law was actually broken?

Asking a genuine question as I do not know.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:38 - Sep 24 with 2786 viewsBackToRussia

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:35 - Sep 24 by flimflam

If BJ goes it alone they will be wiped out as the votes will be split between him and NF.

Work with NF and we will see a coalition of Tory and Brexit Party.

Hi there flimflam. Surprised?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD. (n/t) on 11:38 - Sep 24 with 2787 viewsjeera

OFF WITH HIS HEAD. (n/t) on 11:04 - Sep 24 by Swansea_Blue

He should be bl00dy well hung!

Thrown in a room with the voters!

With butter knives.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So prorogation was unlawful on 11:39 - Sep 24 with 2790 viewsbluelagos

A court has found the PM misled the queen to avoid scrutiny in parliament.

An honourable person would resign.

I presume BJ will seek to sack whoever he can to save his skin. Cummings as his advisor or whoever provided legal advice (if that happened)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024