Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 19:26 - Sep 14 with 4736 viewssoclopath

Possibly open top busaround the City tomorrow ,God when will we hear the last of this 2049.
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:27 - Sep 14 with 3980 viewsgroovyASH

On that far distant day where we might be able to claim to be better than them again, maybe

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:38 - Sep 14 with 3841 viewsBigManBlue

I’m in the city now. The natives are already unbearable.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:39 - Sep 14 with 3820 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'God when will we hear the last of this 2049'

Some of our fans still keep banging about beating them 5-0 back in 1998.
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:40 - Sep 14 with 3814 viewswkj

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:38 - Sep 14 by BigManBlue

I’m in the city now. The natives are already unbearable.

Are you out on the Town tonight? I am waiting lady J to make up her mind if she wants to go out for some Vino

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:40 - Sep 14 with 3790 viewsBigManBlue

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:40 - Sep 14 by wkj

Are you out on the Town tonight? I am waiting lady J to make up her mind if she wants to go out for some Vino

The wife is a Norwich fan, so I’m sure she’ll want to imbibe sone of that sweet frape...

Edit, yes, Ive had a few!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 19:44]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:42 - Sep 14 with 3766 viewsFtnfwest

Well it shows you how ridiculously quickly things can change I suppose. I mean a year ago they couldn’t even beat us.....a Paul Hurst us as well...
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:43 - Sep 14 with 3756 viewsSomethingBlue

We have to train ourselves, somehow, to stop worrying about them because we will not be anywhere near them in the next five years or so. We need to focus on building this club back up and hoping Town learn from a decade and more of awful mistakes that have brought this situation about.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:44 - Sep 14 with 3743 viewswkj

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:40 - Sep 14 by BigManBlue

The wife is a Norwich fan, so I’m sure she’ll want to imbibe sone of that sweet frape...

Edit, yes, Ive had a few!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 19:44]

On second thoughts, we're not going out

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:45 - Sep 14 with 3725 viewsActionMan

As much as it pains me to say so they've done exceptionally well and look like a great side. They've beaten the best team in the country and can expect to stay up.

I just feel so miserable that by contrast it'll be a another decade at best before we'll be top flight again and that's only if we get our act together. We've got a fight on to get out of this league first but in terms of the Championship we would need to spend millions to get the squad competitive at that level once we're back and Evans simply doesn't have that money.
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:45 - Sep 14 with 3718 viewsitfcjoe

Can always rely on them to twist the knife after a poor performance from us - they are light years ahead of us at the moment, it's really not good.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:49 - Sep 14 with 3661 viewsActionMan

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:45 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

Can always rely on them to twist the knife after a poor performance from us - they are light years ahead of us at the moment, it's really not good.

We've never been so far from them
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:52 - Sep 14 with 3642 viewsSomethingBlue

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:45 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

Every single area of their club, apart from the fanbase for the time being, is on a completely different level to ours now. We just need to get back up to the Championship this season - so, so critical we do - and rebuild from there before we can even think about getting close to them again.

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:52 - Sep 14 with 3623 viewsTheBoyBlue

At least they can stop banging on about Jeremy Goss and Bayern Munich now.

Fair play to them. We ought to be being inspired by them not begrudging their success. For all that they're a better team than us, they're not a bigger club than us per se. We are essentially the same. Clubs in rural backwaters that have both punched above our weight. There's no reason why we - or indeed any other similarly sized clubs couldn't achieve the same - if we got our act together.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:53 - Sep 14 with 3621 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:52 - Sep 14 by SomethingBlue

Every single area of their club, apart from the fanbase for the time being, is on a completely different level to ours now. We just need to get back up to the Championship this season - so, so critical we do - and rebuild from there before we can even think about getting close to them again.

We won't get near them until we get back into the PL, if we ever do.

We have 2 years to get out of this league, ideally one - but if we are here for 3 seasons we are totally and utterly screwed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich 3 Man Utd 2 ... on 19:57 - Sep 14 with 3546 viewsTrequartista

.... followed by Man Utd 9 Ipswich 0 and relegation.

Clinging to history repeating itself is all we've got left.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:00 - Sep 14 with 3506 viewsTheBoyBlue

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:49 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

We've never been so far from them

I've said all along that they'll stay up, even without massive investment. They have proven that the current set-up are capable of finding hidden gems and from that first Liverpool game when everyone here was joking about them getting battered you could see the signs. They are capable of beating the top teams if they have an off day, especially at Carrot Lane and will pick up points from the middling bunch and probably plenty of wins off those at the bottom.

And yet football changes so fast. If they go down - even after impressing - and we go up, suddenly we're back in the same division. A handful of key people leave, such as Webber and Farke and there's no guarantee they'll get it right enough to go straight back up. Longshots I know and actually, I'd rather we are inspired by them and get our own house in order.

Ipswich 3 Man Utd 2 ... on 20:03 - Sep 14 with 3471 viewsTheBoyBlue

Ipswich 3 Man Utd 2 ... on 19:57 - Sep 14 by Trequartista

.... followed by Man Utd 9 Ipswich 0 and relegation.

Clinging to history repeating itself is all we've got left.

Why? Because Norwich are doing well. We're turning ourselves round at this club, there is positivity, despite today's performance it's a joy to go to Portman Road again. I'm not sure why the fortunes or misfortunes of another team in the same region should effect that.

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:04 - Sep 14 with 3454 viewsSomethingBlue

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:53 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

We won't get near them until we get back into the PL, if we ever do.

We have 2 years to get out of this league, ideally one - but if we are here for 3 seasons we are totally and utterly screwed

Yep - really think it has to be this season tho. If the current feeling of rebirth, goodwill etc dies while in L1 then we are in for a very grim time indeed. I back us to do it but it's why I think Norwich may as well just have their fun, we need to worry about ITFC getting back.

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:04 - Sep 14 with 3448 viewsjas0999

Like every other Town supporter I hope they lose every game. BUT equally in sport you sometimes have to put your hands up and acknowledge a good result. This is sadly, a good result for them. They have done well as painful as it is to accept. Worse, we are so far behind them it’s unreal.
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:18 - Sep 14 with 3301 viewsEly_Blue

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 19:45 - Sep 14 by ActionMan

As much as it pains me to say so they've done exceptionally well and look like a great side. They've beaten the best team in the country and can expect to stay up.

I just feel so miserable that by contrast it'll be a another decade at best before we'll be top flight again and that's only if we get our act together. We've got a fight on to get out of this league first but in terms of the Championship we would need to spend millions to get the squad competitive at that level once we're back and Evans simply doesn't have that money.

Remind me again how much Norwich paid for the August player of the month/PL leading goal scorer?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:27 - Sep 14 with 3218 viewsjas0999

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:18 - Sep 14 by Ely_Blue

Remind me again how much Norwich paid for the August player of the month/PL leading goal scorer?

I wouldn’t mind betting his wages were a lot more than Harrison or Jackson! Demonstrates again how Evans got it so badly wrong. You can’t say it’s fees or wages. Ridiculous. Championship players demand championship wages. We - under the awful guidance of Hurst - spent some of the fees received on fees but paid League one or two wages. Norwich likely to have spent more on wages for Pukki.
Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:30 - Sep 14 with 3161 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good for them. A big high six to Ullaa

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:33 - Sep 14 with 3096 viewsDeano69

Did they win both halves?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:42 - Sep 14 with 3033 viewsBlueBadger

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:04 - Sep 14 by jas0999

Like every other Town supporter I hope they lose every game. BUT equally in sport you sometimes have to put your hands up and acknowledge a good result. This is sadly, a good result for them. They have done well as painful as it is to accept. Worse, we are so far behind them it’s unreal.

Look at it this way. The last time an East Anglian team got a 3-2 win against a Manchester team expected to be champions they ended up getting humilatingly relegated...
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 10:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwich 3 Mancity 2 on 20:45 - Sep 14 with 2987 viewsJ2BLUE

Rather than this crap bantz, when most Town fans have been talking about a cricket score all week it's simply better to admit they did well and move on.

Far less tinpot than the OP. No offence.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024