Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's all this business about vaping then? 19:28 - Sep 6 with 4501 viewsSpruceMoose

Thought it was supposed to be a healthy alternative to smoking the old B&H, but I keep reading that all over the states vapers have been struck down with burst lungs and stuff.

What's the low down!? Anyone off here worried enough to stop walking around like Puff the Magic Dragon?

Best way to quit the old cigs is to go cold turkey anyhow. None of this cutting down or switching addictions business.

Fancy a cigarette now after typing that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's all this business about vaping then? on 20:13 - Sep 6 with 1817 viewsGrandadDel

What's all this business about vaping then? on 20:10 - Sep 6 by wkj

Why don't you as one of your funny buddies who supposedly left the board because they got their feelings hurt, the ones that PM you exclusively that is.

???
What's all this business about vaping then? on 20:18 - Sep 6 with 1803 viewsMVBlue

Why don't you as one of your funny buddies who supposedly left the board because they got their feelings hurt, the ones that PM you exclusively that is.

What’s wkj going on about?

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 20:20 - Sep 6 with 1804 viewswkj

What's all this business about vaping then? on 20:18 - Sep 6 by MVBlue

What’s wkj going on about?

Sorry, nasty business spiralled out into DMs, I should know better than to lose my rag, seems to be an ongoing theme lately.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 20:25]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:07 - Sep 6 with 1771 viewsjeera

What's all this business about vaping then? on 19:35 - Sep 6 by Blueastheycome

10 page thread incoming

Switched to vape 3 months ago. Vaping has been revolutionary in getting me off fags on a daily basis. Bit worried about unknown long term effects of vaping as they are still so new so want to decrease nicotine % as I go along until I get to 0% and then phase vaping out all together by the new year. F all the flavour rubbish tho- good ole plain metallic tobacco flavour juice for me.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:38]

I don't like the things but completely understand (and sympathise) with anyone using vapers to give up smoking. 3 months is really good. Well done you.

Hopefully you've broken the back of it by now?

But those who [seem to] use vapers as some fashion item... I don't get it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:18 - Sep 6 with 1761 viewswkj

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:07 - Sep 6 by jeera

I don't like the things but completely understand (and sympathise) with anyone using vapers to give up smoking. 3 months is really good. Well done you.

Hopefully you've broken the back of it by now?

But those who [seem to] use vapers as some fashion item... I don't get it.

My advice, as someone who used vaping to get off of fags, is always be ready for your addiction to visit you. What i did is went from fags to vaping, lessening my dose of nicotine every couple of months or so, then went on to 0 nicotine, and then quit totally.

One night on the devil's lemonade though, and I had a few fags. Thankfully, I managed to realise what i'd done the next day and warded off the "one more wont kill you" cycle. It is a good idea to keep some liquid on standby just in case, I know some vapers who quit all together, and get caught with no aids, so nip down to the shops, the rest is obvious.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 21:22]

Crybaby

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 1752 viewsNthQldITFC

What's all this business about vaping then? on 19:38 - Sep 6 by wkj

Basically, A cereal vapist might make their own juice flavours up by bunging reddiebrek in their puffer. I have a feeling people who are buying genuine products and not risky knock offs (or home brew liquid) are probaby doing just fine.

Whereas a surreal vapist rhubarb perpetual.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:31 - Sep 6 with 1752 viewsStokieBlue

Aren't the ones getting ill vaping cannabis and it's been linked to a liquid in that?

In reality if you want to kill yourself slowly with chemicals then booze is clearly the right way to go about it. Years of taste sensations whilst you get on with it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:37 - Sep 6 with 1746 viewsMelford

What's all this business about vaping then? on 19:35 - Sep 6 by Blueastheycome

10 page thread incoming

Switched to vape 3 months ago. Vaping has been revolutionary in getting me off fags on a daily basis. Bit worried about unknown long term effects of vaping as they are still so new so want to decrease nicotine % as I go along until I get to 0% and then phase vaping out all together by the new year. F all the flavour rubbish tho- good ole plain metallic tobacco flavour juice for me.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:38]

I have one the size of a normal cigarette with no flavours that I take to football and gigs because I can easily have a cheeky puff on it without drawing attention.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:37 - Sep 6 with 1743 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:18 - Sep 6 by wkj

My advice, as someone who used vaping to get off of fags, is always be ready for your addiction to visit you. What i did is went from fags to vaping, lessening my dose of nicotine every couple of months or so, then went on to 0 nicotine, and then quit totally.

One night on the devil's lemonade though, and I had a few fags. Thankfully, I managed to realise what i'd done the next day and warded off the "one more wont kill you" cycle. It is a good idea to keep some liquid on standby just in case, I know some vapers who quit all together, and get caught with no aids, so nip down to the shops, the rest is obvious.

Well done you.

It is obviously best never to get addicted in the first place and I struggle to understand why young people start nowadays. However, anyone who overcomes any addiction earns my respect.

Hope you manage to stay free of it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:56 - Sep 6 with 1725 viewsJ2BLUE

Who is it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:11 - Sep 6 with 1710 viewswkj

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:56 - Sep 6 by J2BLUE

Who is it?

Not blueas

Crybaby

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:28 - Sep 6 with 1692 viewsjeera

What's all this business about vaping then? on 21:18 - Sep 6 by wkj

I said I was going to stop smoking some 8 years ago and stopped.

I didn't use anything but it was hard and I was a nightmare. People at work had a whip round to buy me some cigarettes but I wouldn't have it.

I said I'd stop drinking for a year and I did; 23rd Sep last year.

2 more weeks to go.

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:49 - Sep 6 with 1679 viewswkj

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:28 - Sep 6 by jeera

I didn't use anything but it was hard and I was a nightmare. People at work had a whip round to buy me some cigarettes but I wouldn't have it.

2 more weeks to go.

Good on you, in my opinion long term goals and effective planning are honestly great tools in keeping a healthy outlook and more meaningful mental stability. I was teetotal for the longest time, but did get back on the wine, but really I am comfortable with how I drink now, 150ml glass of wine with dinner, on occasion lunch, but never do I partake in any "sessions" any more, and rarely do I have a beer now it seems

Crybaby

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:55 - Sep 6 with 1673 viewsjeera

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:49 - Sep 6 by wkj

Good on you, in my opinion long term goals and effective planning are honestly great tools in keeping a healthy outlook and more meaningful mental stability. I was teetotal for the longest time, but did get back on the wine, but really I am comfortable with how I drink now, 150ml glass of wine with dinner, on occasion lunch, but never do I partake in any "sessions" any more, and rarely do I have a beer now it seems

I sometimes have missed having a drink but other times been not too bothered.

If I'm honest I've got mixed feelings about having that 'first' one.

What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:09 - Sep 6 with 1654 viewsclive_baker

Callis off of TWTD fame once blew a cloud of vape over me when I was walking across the car park opposite the Cobbold stand last season. Luckily for him he’s knee height to a grasshopper so the inconvenience was limited.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:32 - Sep 6 with 1644 viewswkj

What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:09 - Sep 6 by clive_baker

Callis off of TWTD fame once blew a cloud of vape over me when I was walking across the car park opposite the Cobbold stand last season. Luckily for him he’s knee height to a grasshopper so the inconvenience was limited.

You can have a lot of fun, and nightmares, rearranging some of those words

@Jeera

I know what you are saying, sadly I have a problem with addictive behaviour triggered by rumination and anxiety, I am your typical number/logic wrangler with internal thoughts for projects and ideas going all the time and it triggers the addictive trait. It is either over eating, booze or nicotine, I fine booze the easiest of all three to manage. I make no excuses for the fact i am a... holic of some kind, everythingaholic? something-aholic-but-not-always-the-same-thing?

It does sound an awful lot like im making excuses, though essentially i seem to have found the easiest and least health detrimental combination... for now

Crybaby

What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:32 - Sep 6 with 1643 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s ‘only’ 4 deaths linked directly, but it is a worrying sign.

Although no-one should be surprised that an unregulated industry where people are dragging mixes of what are known to be carcinogenic chemicals into their lungs is going to kill people.

Even if they do die smelling like Haribo rather than cigarettes
What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:33 - Sep 6 with 1642 viewsSpruceMoose

What's all this business about vaping then? on 23:32 - Sep 6 by wkj

You can have a lot of fun, and nightmares, rearranging some of those words

@Jeera

I know what you are saying, sadly I have a problem with addictive behaviour triggered by rumination and anxiety, I am your typical number/logic wrangler with internal thoughts for projects and ideas going all the time and it triggers the addictive trait. It is either over eating, booze or nicotine, I fine booze the easiest of all three to manage. I make no excuses for the fact i am a... holic of some kind, everythingaholic? something-aholic-but-not-always-the-same-thing?

It does sound an awful lot like im making excuses, though essentially i seem to have found the easiest and least health detrimental combination... for now

You don't have to be an alcoholic to join the LBF.

But it helps.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's all this business about vaping then? on 06:25 - Sep 7 with 1573 viewsBlueBadger

My respiratory physician colleagues are of the view that research will show that ultimately, inhaling a lot of toxic chemicals via steam than burning tar will still be bad for you, just not as bad as smoking.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 07:22 - Sep 7 with 1547 viewsBlueBoots

What's all this business about vaping then? on 19:48 - Sep 6 by homer_123

There is no cooler look than a vaper.

As there now seem to be potential dangers linked to them, I'm going to write to my MP to put a bill through parliament that all vapes have to be fitted with one of these...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 08:04 - Sep 7 with 1530 viewsBlueBadger

What's all this business about vaping then? on 19:40 - Sep 6 by Blueastheycome

Interestingly official Public Health England guidance are pro vaping as a smoking cessation but this guidance has come under a lot of scrutiny in recent weeks- wouldn't be surprised if they change their stance on it in the near future.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:43]

As I said above, I suspect long-term as more research comes available the advice will mutate to 'don't inhale any toxic sunstances into your lungs, but if you REALLY have to, vaping is less harmful than ciggies'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 08:40 - Sep 7 with 1514 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d be worried about the side effects, as from what I’ve seen it gives you a funny beard and sleeve tatts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 08:47 - Sep 7 with 1509 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Use patches or gum....buy a root liquorice stick, break a piece off, chew in corner of mouth occassionsslly removing to stick between your fingers as and when required. Stop the patches/gum and keep buying liquorice sticks for as long as needed.
Who would have thought breathing in moist, warm, germ friendly vapour into your lungs might be dodgy.

Edit....and it is good for you....
https://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/community/healthy-living/the-health-benefi

Smoked from age 12 to 40 and it worked for me.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 8:58]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What's all this business about vaping then? on 09:49 - Sep 7 with 1483 viewsBigManBlue

Never vaped and don't smoke darts myself anymore, but surely the sheer volume of smoke I see pouring out of a vaper's mouth each time can't be good long term, no matter what's in it.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 9:50]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

What's all this business about vaping then? on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 1469 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What's all this business about vaping then? on 22:28 - Sep 6 by jeera

2 more weeks to go.

Nice one - are you going to drink again once the year is up or is the plan to carry on?

Well done for not posting about it on here every other day too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024