Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where will we finish this season? 07:14 - Jul 9 with 5814 viewschristiand

Lots of talk about where we will finish this season on various threads, so posted this poll to get an overall indicator of how we are all feeling heading into the new campaign. Apologies if this type of poll has previously been posted, although poster's thoughts might have changed since May!!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/christiand/polls/3209/where-will-we-finish-this-s
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 6:58]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Where will we finish this season? on 07:23 - Jul 9 with 3729 viewsBloomBlue

League winners
Where will we finish this season? on 09:03 - Jul 9 with 3655 viewsGuthrum

Where will we finish this season? on 07:23 - Jul 9 by BloomBlue

League winners

I firmly do believe we have the capacity to win the division, as things stand. It will be a battle and lots will have to go in our favour (particularly on the player fitness front), but we still have the bulk of our Championship squad (sans loans), plus the League's top scorer and with a good CM, our goal-of-the-season striker/wideman and a promising young forward returning from injury.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where will we finish this season? on 09:12 - Jul 9 with 3639 viewsJakeITFC

In the top four - champions with a good wind.
Where will we finish this season? on 09:13 - Jul 9 with 3632 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

5th, losing in the playoff semis

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where will we finish this season? on 09:23 - Jul 9 with 3614 viewsKeaneish

Top 6 for sure. Play-off final and then who knows...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Where will we finish this season? on 09:32 - Jul 9 with 3596 viewsjudespiveyg

2nd behind Sunderland

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Where will we finish this season? on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 3595 viewsusm

Where will we finish this season? on 09:03 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

I firmly do believe we have the capacity to win the division, as things stand. It will be a battle and lots will have to go in our favour (particularly on the player fitness front), but we still have the bulk of our Championship squad (sans loans), plus the League's top scorer and with a good CM, our goal-of-the-season striker/wideman and a promising young forward returning from injury.

Our "Championship" squad finished bottom, which probably means mid/lower Div 1, using that as a parameter.

I actually think we will do better than that and will finish mid/upper. We should be able to threaten the play offs, but doubt we'll get promoted.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Where will we finish this season? on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 3591 viewsGeoffSentence

Will be disappointed if we don't get 15th

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Where will we finish this season? on 09:34 - Jul 9 with 3575 viewstextbackup

lisning to most of the fannies on here that don't even go you say 15th.....

however, top 6 is my guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where will we finish this season? on 09:36 - Jul 9 with 3566 viewsbraveblue

With Evans here I suspect around 14th. Hope not but just can’t see much quality.
Where will we finish this season? on 09:37 - Jul 9 with 3559 viewshampstead_blue

This is a pie chart waiting to happen..........should be pinned at the top for a few weeks to gauge the mood.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Where will we finish this season? on 09:38 - Jul 9 with 3560 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Midtable.

Leaky and poor defence is going to be our undoing.

No chance to progress whatsoever with Evans in charge.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 9:39]
Where will we finish this season? on 09:39 - Jul 9 with 3540 viewstextbackup

Where will we finish this season? on 09:36 - Jul 9 by braveblue

With Evans here I suspect around 14th. Hope not but just can’t see much quality.

cants see much quality.....

league 1 quality - Nolan, toto, Edwards, norwood, bishop, dozzell, downes, skuse, Jackson, bart, holy, sears

who am I missing?

Where will we finish this season? on 09:39 - Jul 9 with 3544 viewshampstead_blue

Top 10 and a new manager

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Where will we finish this season? on 10:20 - Jul 9 with 3479 viewsbilllm

Top two
Where will we finish this season? on 10:22 - Jul 9 with 3470 viewstextbackup

Where will we finish this season? on 09:38 - Jul 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

Midtable.

Leaky and poor defence is going to be our undoing.

No chance to progress whatsoever with Evans in charge.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 9:39]

I'll just settle for a load of "we'll score more than you" 4-3 and 3-2 wins then

Where will we finish this season? on 10:26 - Jul 9 with 3463 viewsGuthrum

Where will we finish this season? on 09:33 - Jul 9 by usm

Our "Championship" squad finished bottom, which probably means mid/lower Div 1, using that as a parameter.

I actually think we will do better than that and will finish mid/upper. We should be able to threaten the play offs, but doubt we'll get promoted.

Some analysis of the League One performance of the last ten teams which finished bottom of the Championship the previous season:

1 finished top and were promoted as champions (Doncaster)
1 finished 2nd and were promoted (Bolton)
4 finished in the play-offs, of which 2 were promoted (Peterborough and Rotherham). Of the two which lost in the play-offs, Charlton were promoted as champions two seasons later and the other was Sunderland last season.
4 finished outside the play-offs, of which Bristol City (12th) were promoted as champions the following season and Scunthorpe (18th) were relegated to League Two the following season. Finally there were the struggling Yeovil (24th) and the basket-case that was Blackpool (22nd) both of whom got a second successive relegation.

Boiling those down to percentages, that gives a 60% chance of top six and a 40% chance of immediate re-promotion, even despite having finished last. Rising to 60% to 70% (depending upon how Sunderland do) for promotion within two years. Only one team stagnated, Scunthorpe winning repromotion to L1 at the first attempt and remaining there ever since. Yeovil arguably returned to their natural level and Blackpool was a special case, with all their off-field and financial problems.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 10:29]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where will we finish this season? on 10:47 - Jul 9 with 3408 viewsIpswichKnight

I know this is a very low base to work from but take our form against the sides that were relegated with us and average it out comes out with 72 points that would be enough for around 6/7th.
Where will we finish this season? on 11:14 - Jul 9 with 3359 viewsusm

Where will we finish this season? on 10:26 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

Some analysis of the League One performance of the last ten teams which finished bottom of the Championship the previous season:

1 finished top and were promoted as champions (Doncaster)
1 finished 2nd and were promoted (Bolton)
4 finished in the play-offs, of which 2 were promoted (Peterborough and Rotherham). Of the two which lost in the play-offs, Charlton were promoted as champions two seasons later and the other was Sunderland last season.
4 finished outside the play-offs, of which Bristol City (12th) were promoted as champions the following season and Scunthorpe (18th) were relegated to League Two the following season. Finally there were the struggling Yeovil (24th) and the basket-case that was Blackpool (22nd) both of whom got a second successive relegation.

Boiling those down to percentages, that gives a 60% chance of top six and a 40% chance of immediate re-promotion, even despite having finished last. Rising to 60% to 70% (depending upon how Sunderland do) for promotion within two years. Only one team stagnated, Scunthorpe winning repromotion to L1 at the first attempt and remaining there ever since. Yeovil arguably returned to their natural level and Blackpool was a special case, with all their off-field and financial problems.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 10:29]

So we have a

20% chance of automatic promotion
40% chance of the play offs, with a 50% chance of then winning them
40% chance of finishing lower than the play offs

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Where will we finish this season? on 11:18 - Jul 9 with 3344 viewsHerbivore

Where will we finish this season? on 09:33 - Jul 9 by usm

Hang on, how do you work out that bottom of the Championship is equivalent of lower League 1? The last three teams to finish bottom of the Championship have finished top 6 in League 1 the following season, two went straight back up and the other lost in the play off final.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where will we finish this season? on 12:00 - Jul 9 with 3320 viewsBlueySwede

Impossible to say.
With a few additions (centre back is a must) I believe we have a decent squad and could, on paper, finish at least in the top 6.
Then there are other considerations like luck (or bad luck) with injuries, getting the right results at the start of the season, confidence. If everything works we could be up there in the top 2. If things go against us...well, who knows.
I will be disappointed if we are not there or thereabout..but will support our team forever anyway.
"... but we still have the bulk of our Championship squad" on 12:02 - Jul 9 with 3314 viewsDyland

Where will we finish this season? on 09:03 - Jul 9 by Guthrum

That's the problem ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where will we finish this season? on 12:39 - Jul 9 with 3247 viewsTractorWood

The bookies are the best objective assessment. We are 9/4 to get promoted.

I'll book the open top bus.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Where will we finish this season? on 12:50 - Jul 9 with 3206 viewswkj

8th

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where will we finish this season? on 12:51 - Jul 9 with 3206 viewsChondzoresk

In the top one I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024