Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Collins does sign.... 12:43 - Sep 4 with 4774 viewsitfcjoe

...and apologies for starting a new thread but that will make it 28 senior players on the books

GK - 2 - Bart, Gerken
FB - 4 - Donacien, Knudsen, Spence, Kenlock
CB - 3 - Chambers, Pennington, Nsiala
CM - 9 - Chalobah, Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, Adeyemi, Edun, Huws
W - 5 - Edwards, Grahma, Rowe, Ward, Roberts
ST - 4 - Jackson, Harrison, Sears, Walters

Plus the following players who have first team experience and aren't out on loan Cotter, Folami and McLoughlin.

Leaving 9 of those out of the matchday squad every week is going to be tough, and they are all here until January at the least

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:45 - Sep 4 with 2690 views_

If Collins does sign.... on 12:49 - Sep 4 with 2661 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 12:45 - Sep 4 by _

But, it looks good compared to others in league 1

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If Collins does sign.... on 12:50 - Sep 4 with 2644 viewsKieran_Knows

It needs a lot of those League 1 and 2 players we've signed to step up over the next few months, IMO.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 2620 views_

If Collins does sign.... on 12:50 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

It needs a lot of those League 1 and 2 players we've signed to step up over the next few months, IMO.

If Collins does sign.... on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 2617 viewsJ2BLUE

People will have to earn their place. You'd think two wingers will miss out weekly. One full back. Five CMs!?!

Not sure it will be a massive issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Collins does sign.... on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 2613 viewsKieran_Knows

on 12:52 - Sep 4 by _

Indeed. I think just having Huws back in the side would make us better, considerably.

If Collins does sign.... on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 2614 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah that’s a lot of players.

Some good players though & if Hurst can get to a position where we have a settled side, mid table & dead wood shipped by end of Jan he’d have done well.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If Collins does sign.... on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 2607 viewshype313

I'm glad Walters is on that list, otherwise I really struggle to see where the goals are coming from.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

If Collins does sign.... on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 2597 viewsKieran_Knows

If Collins does sign.... on 12:52 - Sep 4 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah that’s a lot of players.

Some good players though & if Hurst can get to a position where we have a settled side, mid table & dead wood shipped by end of Jan he’d have done well.

Where's the deadwood out of those 28 players?

on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 2573 views_

If Collins does sign.... on 12:53 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

If Collins does sign.... on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 2565 viewsFrimleyBlue

If Collins does sign.... on 12:53 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

CM - 9 - Bishop, , Adeyemi,
W - 5 - Graham, Roberts
ST - 4 - Sears,

For me

Waka waka eh eh

If Collins does sign.... on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 2562 viewshype313

on 12:55 - Sep 4 by _

You could argue a case for Ward

If Collins does sign.... on 12:56 - Sep 4 with 2546 viewsJ2BLUE

Adeyemi is a decent player if he ever gets over his issues. I know we can't wait forever.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Collins does sign.... on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 2528 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, I'd probably agree with them names, although a shame about Adeyemi and Bishop as when fit (I know that's very rare), they could/are good players.

If Collins does sign.... on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 2529 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm struggling to see why people are getting carried away with the size of the squad.

Every single team that has any sort of money in this division has a squad of this size and the 10 players that they leave out of their squads would be starters for some of the teams down the bottom.

It is a luxury that we can afford now as a result of a good proportion of the squad being young players or ones from a lower league, meaning that we can afford a bigger squad, with the average player on a lower wage.

Competition is good. I appreciate we may not have the tight knit group we had before, but what this does mean is that anyone not close to being in and around the squad is going to be of insufficient quality anyway. I don't have an issue with Kenlock, Sears, Ward or whoever it may be being moved on.

This larger pool allows for injuries and means that those best fitted to Hurst's ideas in terms of technical ability and fitness will be those he can call upon.

It'll allow the cream to rise to the top and I am sure once it does Hurst can begin the process of moving on anyone surplus to requirements that has had a chance to impress him in the 6 months before.

I wouldn't be surprised if come January we were into a core of:

GK - 2 - Bart, Gerken
FB - 2 - Donacien, Knudsen
CB - 4 - Chambers,* Pennington, Nsiala, Collins
CM - 8 - *Chalobah, Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, *Edun, Huws
W - 3 - Edwards, *Graham, Rowe
ST - 2 - Jackson, Harrison, *Walters

Leaving the following to move on:

GK - 0
FB - 2 - Spence, Kenlock
CB - 0 -
CM - 1 - Adeyemi
W - 2 - Ward, Roberts
ST - 1 - Sears

6 players off the books immediately and 5 loan players in that squad too. I'd imagine we'll look to add a full back and possibly a striker in January if everything pans out how I would expect it to based on my own judgement.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 13:02]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

If Collins does sign.... on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 2499 viewsITFCBlues

The one area of concern there is CM. Way to many bodies in there. You could argue that the Edun loan was avoidable. Although it’s a tricky one. You’ve included Adeyemi who hasn’t kicked a ball for the best part of a year? Huws/Bishop have both also had their issues. Dozzell still has his problems as well.

Roberts was signed as a project more than a first team regular. Sears is not good enough & had enough chances so he shouldn’t be surprised by not playing games.

For me it’s just CM that’s the issues. The rest of the squad has options which you’ll need at points of the season.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

If Collins does sign.... on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 2456 viewsSteve_M

If Collins does sign.... on 12:58 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'm struggling to see why people are getting carried away with the size of the squad.

Every single team that has any sort of money in this division has a squad of this size and the 10 players that they leave out of their squads would be starters for some of the teams down the bottom.

It is a luxury that we can afford now as a result of a good proportion of the squad being young players or ones from a lower league, meaning that we can afford a bigger squad, with the average player on a lower wage.

Competition is good. I appreciate we may not have the tight knit group we had before, but what this does mean is that anyone not close to being in and around the squad is going to be of insufficient quality anyway. I don't have an issue with Kenlock, Sears, Ward or whoever it may be being moved on.

This larger pool allows for injuries and means that those best fitted to Hurst's ideas in terms of technical ability and fitness will be those he can call upon.

It'll allow the cream to rise to the top and I am sure once it does Hurst can begin the process of moving on anyone surplus to requirements that has had a chance to impress him in the 6 months before.

I wouldn't be surprised if come January we were into a core of:

GK - 2 - Bart, Gerken
FB - 2 - Donacien, Knudsen
CB - 4 - Chambers,* Pennington, Nsiala, Collins
CM - 8 - *Chalobah, Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, *Edun, Huws
W - 3 - Edwards, *Graham, Rowe
ST - 2 - Jackson, Harrison, *Walters

Leaving the following to move on:

GK - 0
FB - 2 - Spence, Kenlock
CB - 0 -
CM - 1 - Adeyemi
W - 2 - Ward, Roberts
ST - 1 - Sears

6 players off the books immediately and 5 loan players in that squad too. I'd imagine we'll look to add a full back and possibly a striker in January if everything pans out how I would expect it to based on my own judgement.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 13:02]

What if the problem is that we've gone for quantity over quality and the result of that is that we can put out a good enough team on a consistent basis?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If Collins does sign.... on 13:06 - Sep 4 with 2416 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If Collins does sign.... on 13:03 - Sep 4 by Steve_M

What if the problem is that we've gone for quantity over quality and the result of that is that we can put out a good enough team on a consistent basis?

If come January the likes of Harrison, Jackson, Chalobah or Graham aren't deemed good enough then we will no doubt look to bring something better in.

Hurst clearly feels we are mix of decent Championship players with a large amount of young players or lower league players that could make the step up. Some of them will and some won't most likely.

It's not like he's going to persist with players not good enough. What that means if they largely fail and his judgment was deemed as poor is something else. Still very much in the realms of needing to support the squad and give them time.

Other teams can bring in a couple of players like Derby have with Marriott, Leeds did with Roofe and give them time. We have quite a few of them in the same side and that adds a layer of complication to their development.

If Collins does sign.... on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 2383 viewsSW6Tractor

Think we'll need that quantity by the end of the season when Hurst has run them into the ground!
If Collins does sign.... on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 2378 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We have Bialkowski, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse from last season and have added Pennington, who may well be this years CCV and Walters. That's 6 players that arguably would have a Mick side in the top half. What we then have is Edwards, who looks good enough, Edun who looks good enough, Donacien who looks like he will be good enough, then a couple more like Harrison / Jackson / Chalobah where the jury is still out.

It's not that weak a team really if you look at it against a typical Mick side with loanees but will be carrying several inexperienced players, which is where the difference is right now. If they succeed then we'll be a decent side. If they don't we'll be lacking a little bit of quality.

If Collins does sign.... on 13:10 - Sep 4 with 2371 viewsFrimleyBlue

If Collins does sign.... on 13:06 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If come January the likes of Harrison, Jackson, Chalobah or Graham aren't deemed good enough then we will no doubt look to bring something better in.

Hurst clearly feels we are mix of decent Championship players with a large amount of young players or lower league players that could make the step up. Some of them will and some won't most likely.

It's not like he's going to persist with players not good enough. What that means if they largely fail and his judgment was deemed as poor is something else. Still very much in the realms of needing to support the squad and give them time.

Other teams can bring in a couple of players like Derby have with Marriott, Leeds did with Roofe and give them time. We have quite a few of them in the same side and that adds a layer of complication to their development.

So 4 new signings may be chucked aside 4 months after signing............... Not good scouting there is it....

Waka waka eh eh

If Collins does sign.... on 13:15 - Sep 4 with 2324 viewsITFC_Forever

You’ve not included Collins in your list.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If Collins does sign.... on 13:17 - Sep 4 with 2307 viewsVic

If Collins does sign.... on 13:09 - Sep 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We have Bialkowski, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse from last season and have added Pennington, who may well be this years CCV and Walters. That's 6 players that arguably would have a Mick side in the top half. What we then have is Edwards, who looks good enough, Edun who looks good enough, Donacien who looks like he will be good enough, then a couple more like Harrison / Jackson / Chalobah where the jury is still out.

It's not that weak a team really if you look at it against a typical Mick side with loanees but will be carrying several inexperienced players, which is where the difference is right now. If they succeed then we'll be a decent side. If they don't we'll be lacking a little bit of quality.

I have a horrible feeling that Harrison and Jackson might not be up to it. They haven't actually taken to this like ducks to water have they, and equally as concerning is that I'm not hearing that they are improving, developing, learning.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, but the signs are worrying.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If Collins does sign.... on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 2283 viewshype313

If Collins does sign.... on 13:17 - Sep 4 by Vic

I have a horrible feeling that Harrison and Jackson might not be up to it. They haven't actually taken to this like ducks to water have they, and equally as concerning is that I'm not hearing that they are improving, developing, learning.

I think it's a bit early to say they aren't learning or developing, it's only been a few weeks, they need time to settle in, the problem we/they have is that they have come in to score us goals from the outset. Whilst everyone was getting giddy with the Money we got for Waghorn, I think it might comeback to bite us on the ar5e as we will miss his goals, but also experience for the new guys to learn from.

If Collins does sign.... on 13:21 - Sep 4 with 2280 viewsPJH

If Collins does sign.... on 13:17 - Sep 4 by Vic

I think the only one of the signings from the lower leagues that looks like they might be up to it on a consistent basis-so far-is Edwards.
All the others have looked ok sometimes but nothing more.

As I said, that is so far so some of the others might improve-or maybe they will not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024