Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Index - thoughts? 14:31 - May 25 with 9896 viewsAlan_Handsome

Is anyone on here involved in FI? I've been doing it seriosuly now for about 8 months and i'm struggling to see a catch? I've ploughed in £9334 and made £2086 profit, not through any 'system' or 'method'....but just by buying players who are presently undervalued (Grealish, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mawson (he's better than swansea), Lascelles, Jota, Neves, Boly etc) and watching them increase with time, as they get closer to teh promised land of the PL, or a transfer. Made some money on some young european talent who are improving all the time (NDombele, Aouar, Pavard etc) just as a result of knowing who to watch out for in europe (mainly as a result of listening to EVERY football podcast going). Grealish for example, bought him for 97p about 6 months ago....he's £1.60 now and rising. The other thing that seems quite easy to get a return on is injured players.....buy them JUST as they are starting to come back from injury and watch them rise (Milik for example, and maybe Mings next).

I've heard people comparing it to a ponzi scheme ha ha, but i can't see that, given that it's regulated.

I just wondered whether anyone else on here was investing in it?

I think with the massively increased advertising/marketting campaign that it'll take off as the World cup comes round.

Thoughts????

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:39 - Jun 13 with 3052 viewsSE1blue

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:45 - May 25 by clive_baker

I don't partake because I'm bitter. I had this exact same idea back in 2010 with a friend of mine, about 5 years before this launched. We mapped out how it might work and it's literally this exact idea. Livid I didn't act on it. We thought the same concept could be applied to celebrities too, emerging actors etc.

Back in 2000, a friend of mine had this idea of a website where people shared photos and updates of what they had been up to.

He showed us how he had linked up with a few friends and the photos they had shared etc. We all laughed at him and said how stupid the idea was. He gave up on it some months later when he couldn't get more people to join up.

Facebook came out a few years later...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:44 - Jun 13 with 3046 viewsitfcjoe

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:30 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

I was on it 18 months ago now.

Didn't put loads in at all (£400) but made a grand in 6 months without really doing anything. Took my money out purely because I needed the cash at that time but wish I'd kept in.

Some mates who invested big like yourself are now sitting on 20-30k profit.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:31]

I've made about £200 profit from about £100 in the last few months - would speak to JA about it on the way to U18 and U23 games.

It's pretty easy money in reality, although think it is getting harder now compared to some of the early guys with the money they made

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:46 - Jun 13 with 3039 viewsitfcjoe

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:38 - Jun 13 by LeBlue

I like it - only put £120 in but currently valued at £216 so not a bad rate of return.

Had some shockers

Mkhitaryan - 75 pence per share to 46pps
Grealish - £2.36 to £1.97 (hopefully will bounce back next season)

Also some good 'uns

Van Dijk - 56 pps to £3.03
Zaha - 52 pps to £2.03
Matt Clarke - 39 pps to 49 pps (a move should hopefully increase price further)

Interestingly, our very own Dozzell has gone from 40 pps to 44 pps

I cashed out on Matt Clarke last week at 44p, but then I had loads of him that I bought for 17p

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:46 - Jun 13 with 3035 viewsReuser_is_God

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:44 - Jun 13 by itfcjoe

I've made about £200 profit from about £100 in the last few months - would speak to JA about it on the way to U18 and U23 games.

It's pretty easy money in reality, although think it is getting harder now compared to some of the early guys with the money they made

Yeah I think his wedding was sponsored by FI!

Yeah those that got on early have it good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:59 - Jun 13 with 3000 viewsTIB

Signed up last season...got frustrated with it pretty quick but might have another gander for this season. Any sign up offers?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Football Index - thoughts? on 21:34 - Jun 13 with 2915 viewsHARRY10

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:30 - Jun 13 by Reuser_is_God

I was on it 18 months ago now.

Didn't put loads in at all (£400) but made a grand in 6 months without really doing anything. Took my money out purely because I needed the cash at that time but wish I'd kept in.

Some mates who invested big like yourself are now sitting on 20-30k profit.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:31]

And when they start to take their money out, it collapses.

It relies on mugs who 'cannot see' how they can lose', but a simply look would show that it is solely reliant upon others joining.

If you have made money get out now.

It's the smart kid who when breaking into the sweet gets out when he can, he has more sweets than before and he has got away with it. the dumb one stays there filling up his pockets thinking nothing wii happen, it will.

If you walk away now you are well up, see what you have gained - not what you might gain.
Football Index - thoughts? on 22:18 - Jun 13 with 2884 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Football Index - thoughts? on 21:34 - Jun 13 by HARRY10

And when they start to take their money out, it collapses.

It relies on mugs who 'cannot see' how they can lose', but a simply look would show that it is solely reliant upon others joining.

If you have made money get out now.

It's the smart kid who when breaking into the sweet gets out when he can, he has more sweets than before and he has got away with it. the dumb one stays there filling up his pockets thinking nothing wii happen, it will.

If you walk away now you are well up, see what you have gained - not what you might gain.

Agree to a point and anyone that’s not regularly taking out chunks of profit is an idiot, but surely the ones propping this up are the stupid people who just go on and buy the top players like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc? When I first came across this Rooney was about the third highest ‘valued’ player, which will have plummeted hugely for example

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Football Index - thoughts? on 22:33 - Jun 13 with 2867 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index - thoughts? on 22:18 - Jun 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree to a point and anyone that’s not regularly taking out chunks of profit is an idiot, but surely the ones propping this up are the stupid people who just go on and buy the top players like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc? When I first came across this Rooney was about the third highest ‘valued’ player, which will have plummeted hugely for example

My 5 players are Harry Winks, Kyle Walker-Peters, Ryan Fraser, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson.

I don't really understand people buying Ronaldo and Messi. Lots of dividends but will that offset their value collapse as they age?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Football Index - thoughts? on 22:48 - Jun 13 with 2846 viewstomo

Been on it a couple of years. Put £100 in and am now on around £300, more a bit of fun more than anything serious but there are people who have made huge money on it. A few months back I saw on Twitter a guy pulled out to the tune of about £200k and the market didn’t move much so there must be loads invested.

My portfolio is a mixture of those I’m looking to earn media and performance dividends and those I think will increase in price

MB/PB
Sterling
Stones
Felix
Kean

Rises
T.Lemar
Dozzell
Boating
Isak
Football Index - thoughts? on 06:54 - Jun 14 with 2771 viewsHARRY10

Football Index - thoughts? on 22:48 - Jun 13 by tomo

Been on it a couple of years. Put £100 in and am now on around £300, more a bit of fun more than anything serious but there are people who have made huge money on it. A few months back I saw on Twitter a guy pulled out to the tune of about £200k and the market didn’t move much so there must be loads invested.

My portfolio is a mixture of those I’m looking to earn media and performance dividends and those I think will increase in price

MB/PB
Sterling
Stones
Felix
Kean

Rises
T.Lemar
Dozzell
Boating
Isak

"A few months back I saw on Twitter a guy pulled out to the tune of about £200k and the market didn’t move much so there must be loads invested. "

how convenient
Football Index - thoughts? on 09:09 - Jun 14 with 2735 viewstomo

Football Index - thoughts? on 06:54 - Jun 14 by HARRY10

"A few months back I saw on Twitter a guy pulled out to the tune of about £200k and the market didn’t move much so there must be loads invested. "

how convenient

I don’t follow?
Football Index - thoughts? on 11:20 - Jun 14 with 2711 viewsAlan_Handsome

I invested £11k just shy of 2 years ago and my portfolio currently stands at £28,382. I cant find a catch, but then i do have an encyclopeadic knowledge of european football. Best investment I've ever made. When i hit £30k i'll withdraw the original investment and then just play with the profit. My biggest winners have been.....
Grealish (bought 2700 at 39p, he's now worth 2.02)
Ndombele (54p, now £1.86)

Even the obviou picks make money....bought ollie watkins about 6 months ago for 34p, he's already 66p.

Don't listen to teh haters. Happy to share my portfolio with you/anyone if they think it might help them?

Good luck!

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:27 - Jun 14 with 2702 viewsStokieBlue

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:39 - Jun 13 by SE1blue

Back in 2000, a friend of mine had this idea of a website where people shared photos and updates of what they had been up to.

He showed us how he had linked up with a few friends and the photos they had shared etc. We all laughed at him and said how stupid the idea was. He gave up on it some months later when he couldn't get more people to join up.

Facebook came out a few years later...

Friends Reunited came out in 2000.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:34 - Jun 14 with 2699 viewsDarth_Koont

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:35 - May 25 by J2BLUE

I can't get my head around it. You're buying fake shares in a footballer so really you're buying nothing. You're relying on someone else offering you more money for your fake shares in the future.

I might be wrong but it has a real musical chairs feel to it where it's all good while the music is playing. Eventually it will stop and people will realise they are effectively trading nothing.

I don't understand it either. But how is that essentially different from ordinary gambling? You're just trading air in a virtual market there as well.

Pronouns: He/Him

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 2686 viewsJ2BLUE

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:34 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

I don't understand it either. But how is that essentially different from ordinary gambling? You're just trading air in a virtual market there as well.

Keep reading the thread

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:59 - Jun 14 with 2673 viewsDarth_Koont

Football Index - thoughts? on 11:43 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Keep reading the thread

OK, I see you had the same conclusion.

I must admit I don't understand this stuff at all. Modern gambling is strange enough to me but essentially amateur market speculation like this and FX trading just seems even more bizarre.

People can spend their time as they want of course. But on a macro level there's all this time and effort being put in to creating zero value.

Pronouns: He/Him

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:18 - Mar 12 with 1570 viewsBlueBadger

I'm from the future.

This didn't end well.

Football Index into Admin by ElderGrizzly 11 Mar 2021 22:29
https://twitter.com/josephmdurso/status/1370137899614793730?s=21

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Football Index - thoughts? on 10:27 - Mar 13 with 1396 viewsCaptainAhab

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:18 - Mar 12 by BlueBadger

I'm from the future.

This didn't end well.

Anyone else really want to know whether Alan Handsome ever got out?
Football Index - thoughts? on 12:33 - Mar 13 with 1320 viewsNthQldITFC

Football Index - thoughts? on 10:27 - Mar 13 by CaptainAhab

Anyone else really want to know whether Alan Handsome ever got out?

No.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football Index - thoughts? on 12:50 - Mar 13 with 1302 viewsSpruceMoose

Football Index - thoughts? on 15:18 - Mar 12 by BlueBadger

I'm from the future.

This didn't end well.

I'm sure there's no way Currie10 absolutely lost his shirt on this. Guess I'm the sucker for sticking with my actual investments.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Football Index - thoughts? on 14:52 - Mar 13 with 1202 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Football Index - thoughts? on 12:50 - Mar 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure there's no way Currie10 absolutely lost his shirt on this. Guess I'm the sucker for sticking with my actual investments.

Imagine having this much glee at people being conned and potentially having their lives ruined

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024