Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the take over doesn't go through 21:03 - Mar 12 with 4480 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And in the summer Cook says, "We're looking to get players in, but we have to be honest about where we are financially. Realistically, we are looking for loans and players with something to prove"

Will you stay focused on who's to blame?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:22 - Mar 12 with 3904 viewsChurchman

Evans is accountable. He owns the club and it’s now shrunk to middling League One in a sorry mess. Assuming there is no buyer, and I’ll believe that when I see it, Cook will have to work hard to get us out of it. However, he has the track record to be able to do that providing dead hand Evans let’s him have something to work with.

By contrast, had Lambert stayed, I think we’d have been in League 2 by the season after next.
If the take over doesn't go through on 21:24 - Mar 12 with 3885 viewsZXBlue

Maybe deal with that if it happens, rather than bringing down the mood?
If the take over doesn't go through on 21:28 - Mar 12 with 3874 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest issue in terms of players this summer is trimming the squad.

If there is a deal to be done that improves the quality as well as significantly reduces the quantity, all the better, but we need to offload a lot of players in the summer.

Simply collecting more, is only going to make the mess worse.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:39 - Mar 12 with 3800 viewsBluefish

Just so we are clear.........if we remain as the biggest squad and biggest budget in the division and again do everything to reject offers for our assets...are we going to be annoyed?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:39 - Mar 12 with 3781 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cross that bridge if we come to it.

For now, chill out and stop worrying about a hypothetical narrative.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:46 - Mar 12 with 3773 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:39 - Mar 12 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear.........if we remain as the biggest squad and biggest budget in the division and again do everything to reject offers for our assets...are we going to be annoyed?

Personally, yes.

We need to be a far more effective team rather than simply the biggest and highest paid one.

A big part of Cook's remit for me is to trim this squad. I think he has already recognised this too by saying the squad is too large to effectively manage.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:49 - Mar 12 with 3757 viewsghostofescobar

Personally, I don’t need any focus. 100% that will happen if Evans is in charge. Evans seems to suck every manager in and then gets them to trot this similar line out further down the line. I desperately want PC to succeed, but if he does it will be despite Evans, not because of him. Evans is THE problem. A charlatan that had ruined this club.

GhostOfEscobar

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:08 - Mar 12 with 3678 viewsWD19

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:49 - Mar 12 by ghostofescobar

Personally, I don’t need any focus. 100% that will happen if Evans is in charge. Evans seems to suck every manager in and then gets them to trot this similar line out further down the line. I desperately want PC to succeed, but if he does it will be despite Evans, not because of him. Evans is THE problem. A charlatan that had ruined this club.

What special knowledge or skill is Evans falsely claiming to have?
Login to get fewer ads

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:13 - Mar 12 with 3654 viewsChrisd

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:46 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally, yes.

We need to be a far more effective team rather than simply the biggest and highest paid one.

A big part of Cook's remit for me is to trim this squad. I think he has already recognised this too by saying the squad is too large to effectively manage.

Me too. We’re clearly lacking in certain areas of the side. Again we go on about our young players and they have yet to really step up to the mark, they need to be men instead of young players with potential - that ship is beginning to set sail. PC is going to have a really busy summer, there’s no doubt the fat needs trimming, but we need a few shrewd signings in key areas so we can kick on. Regarding a possible takeover, would love for that to materialise we’ve become stale and lost sight of the ethos this club was built on. We desperately need a financial shot in the arm with a leadership that has fresh ideas and a new vision for us, instead of the hope something can be achieved on the cheap without a proper plan on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 22:22]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:16 - Mar 12 with 3635 viewsFixed_It

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:08 - Mar 12 by WD19

I'm sure Evans has a better grasp of how to use a dictionary than some on here.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:18 - Mar 12 with 3628 viewsMattinLondon

Evans has, and probably will always be the problem.
If the take over doesn't go through on 22:20 - Mar 12 with 3620 viewsBlueBadger

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:16 - Mar 12 by Fixed_It

I'm sure Evans has a better grasp of how to use a dictionary than some on here.

There's a few on here who'd be functionally illiterate if you cut off both their index fingers, to be fair.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 22:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:39 - Mar 12 with 3547 viewsIllinoisblue

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:18 - Mar 12 by MattinLondon

Evans has, and probably will always be the problem.

He keeps us alive and kills us at the same time.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:46 - Mar 12 with 3528 viewsJ2BLUE

Odd thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:58 - Mar 12 with 3496 viewsOldsmoker

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:46 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally, yes.

The squad isn't just large it's huge.
A Click on the Squad menu option gives a list of 50+ players - some haven't played a game yet. Other clubs are managing with 22/25 players.
If these players aren't showing signs of improvement and they're not good enough for us in league 1, and we have ambitions to be in the Championship, then we need to get rid.
What sort of training are these players getting if they're not kicking on?
I'm sure some of them are just taking the cash knowing they're so far from the first team that it isn't worth them trying to be better players.
If they have potential then our coaches need to get it out of them.
Cook needs to be ultra ruthless in the summer - no passengers.
ps I hate seeing people lose their jobs but sometimes yer just gotta.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If the take over doesn't go through on 00:31 - Mar 13 with 3378 viewsKeaneish

Trim the bloated squad by a third and we shouldn’t have to look at loans. Cook believes in playing partnerships and playing players on merit without changing it up too much, like MM. We need to get back to that only without MMs “us vs them” mentality.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If the take over doesn't go through on 00:46 - Mar 13 with 3357 viewswkj

In league 1 no one can afford to be precious about loans - but the quality of loan has to add something we don't already have.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If the take over doesn't go through on 05:46 - Mar 13 with 3210 viewschrismakin

If the take over doesn't go through on 00:46 - Mar 13 by wkj

In league 1 no one can afford to be precious about loans - but the quality of loan has to add something we don't already have.

3 Loans i think should be max per season

1 for cover
1 for squad use
1 which enhances the squad like a Lawrence/Fraser type of loan, not a Harrop

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If the take over doesn't go through on 07:15 - Mar 13 with 3094 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If the take over doesn't go through on 07:18 - Mar 13 with 3121 viewsFrankfurtBlue

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:08 - Mar 12 by WD19

I suspect that Evans believes he has the necessary skills and knowledge to run a football club.........that's why ITFC is in the third division.
If the take over doesn't go through on 07:59 - Mar 13 with 3008 viewsChrisd

If the take over doesn't go through on 07:15 - Mar 13 by BryanPlug

Cook hasn’t worked with ME yet. Like most of our managers, the truth is outed the longer they remain in their post. It’s that honeymoon period, all our managers under ME have gone through this period and said nice things at this stage, it’s after this point the job becomes harder and the extent of the situation is truly exposed. ME has had a good go at being a football club owner, but that tenure has been nothing short of disastrous. Why is that going to change? Cook will get us so far and then become frustrated under this regime because he’s having to do things with his hands tied.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:19 - Mar 13 with 2907 viewsBryanPlug

If the take over doesn't go through on 07:59 - Mar 13 by Chrisd

Cook hasn’t worked with ME yet. Like most of our managers, the truth is outed the longer they remain in their post. It’s that honeymoon period, all our managers under ME have gone through this period and said nice things at this stage, it’s after this point the job becomes harder and the extent of the situation is truly exposed. ME has had a good go at being a football club owner, but that tenure has been nothing short of disastrous. Why is that going to change? Cook will get us so far and then become frustrated under this regime because he’s having to do things with his hands tied.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:31 - Mar 13 with 2886 viewswkj

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:19 - Mar 13 by BryanPlug

Paul Cook with Roy Keane's budget... that would make by plums pulsate.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:38 - Mar 13 with 2860 viewsfooters

Only mugs waste time getting het up over hypotheticals.

Real blokes, like Andy McNab, John McCririck and me, react to situations as they evolve, relying on proper def info intel, not childlike fantasies.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:45 - Mar 13 with 2799 viewschrismakin

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:31 - Mar 13 by wkj

Paul Cook with Roy Keane's budget... that would make by plums pulsate.

I just want PC supported supported. Doesnt have to be a war chest just enough for PC to do what he needs.

It's going to be a big turnaround of players this summer and he will need to bring in some quality. It doesnt have to be expensive quality but give him enough so he can have a look rather than scraping any barrels.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024