Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the take over doesn't go through 21:03 - Mar 12 with 4511 viewsCheltenham_Blue

And in the summer Cook says, "We're looking to get players in, but we have to be honest about where we are financially. Realistically, we are looking for loans and players with something to prove"

Will you stay focused on who's to blame?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:46 - Mar 13 with 469 viewsChrisd

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:19 - Mar 13 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

We’ll see, but for me we won’t do anything while ME remains as owner. There’s a glass ceiling for our managers working under him. That’s where he needs to be challenged more, along with the endless decisions he keeps getting wrong which has dragged the club downwards.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2021 13:50]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:54 - Mar 13 with 457 viewswkj

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:38 - Mar 13 by footers

Only mugs waste time getting het up over hypotheticals.

Real blokes, like Andy McNab, John McCririck and me, react to situations as they evolve, relying on proper def info intel, not childlike fantasies.

I hope John is looking down on you and brings light to your weekend deal old footers.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:59 - Mar 13 with 444 viewsfooters

If the take over doesn't go through on 08:54 - Mar 13 by wkj

I hope John is looking down on you and brings light to your weekend deal old footers.

This has touched me in a very specific but limited way. Thank you, wkj!

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If the take over doesn't go through on 10:04 - Mar 13 with 388 viewsbraveblue

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:24 - Mar 12 by ZXBlue

Maybe deal with that if it happens, rather than bringing down the mood?

This is a forum to discuss things. Not a happy pill!!!
If the take over doesn't go through on 10:05 - Mar 13 with 388 viewsbraveblue

If it doesn’t go through it will be exactly the same as the past six or so years.
If the take over doesn't go through on 10:31 - Mar 13 with 379 viewshaynes_toe1

If the take over doesn't go through on 21:24 - Mar 12 by ZXBlue

Maybe deal with that if it happens, rather than bringing down the mood?

This is partially why as a club we have collapsed to where we are.

Our fans have no ability to keep focussed on a problem. Before Lambert was sacked there was actually a good amount of Evans criticism and acknowledgement something had to be done. But because he sacked Lambert 2 years too late it's all rosy now.
If the take over doesn't go through on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 366 viewsZXBlue

If the take over doesn't go through on 10:31 - Mar 13 by haynes_toe1

This is partially why as a club we have collapsed to where we are.

Our fans have no ability to keep focussed on a problem. Before Lambert was sacked there was actually a good amount of Evans criticism and acknowledgement something had to be done. But because he sacked Lambert 2 years too late it's all rosy now.

Alternatively, the reason is partly that fans are constantly divided and critical, creating a depressed atmosphere for support and players alike.
If the take over doesn't go through on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 350 viewsTieDyedIn95

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:46 - Mar 12 by J2BLUE

Odd thread.

I don't see how. Cook has talked up Evans a lot since arrival, which is no coincidence given the last manager went to the press to bury him. Evans is now the centre of the conversation. The point the poster makes, which is a fair one, is given we all rate Cook, if Cook has to deal with a further trimmed budget, regardless of who's on the books now then how is he expected to make miracles happen? Are we all going to be shouting Cook out if we don't improve again or should be start looking at the real problem?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

If the take over doesn't go through on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 347 viewsghostofescobar

If the take over doesn't go through on 22:08 - Mar 12 by WD19

What special knowledge or skill is Evans falsely claiming to have?

He neither claims to have (don’t believe that was the point I was making) or indeed demonstrates many of the skills required to run a football club. Someone with very little interest in football, let alone Town, could tell you that if he does have the skills, he has hidden them very, very well over the past decade.

GhostOfEscobar

If the take over doesn't go through on 14:42 - Mar 13 with 305 viewsElephantintheRoom

That's being a bit optimistic isn't it? He's got to see what's left when the out of contract players exit stage left first. And any players bids are recieved for are sold.

And of course there will be a bewilderingly long list of injured players to contend with

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If the take over doesn't go through on 14:44 - Mar 13 with 302 viewsSwansea_Blue

I doubt it Chelters. Evans released one statement recently and it was enough to bring out support for him. We're the softest touch of fans in the country.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If the take over doesn't go through on 14:53 - Mar 13 with 294 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If the take over doesn't go through on 14:44 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

I doubt it Chelters. Evans released one statement recently and it was enough to bring out support for him. We're the softest touch of fans in the country.

Yep and that was largely my point. I'm seeing a good amount of 'Cook will get us up now' or 'Cook is going to build us a really good team'.

I have my doubts of Cook doing what people seem to think we are now capable of whilst Evans is at the helm and now Lambert has gone the clamour for Evans to go too seems to have died off entirely.

Lambert was bad enough, but 12 years of decline have not been undone now Cook is here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024