Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? 01:23 - Nov 15 with 37224 viewsCurrie10

Anyone played non league, the professional game, had a promising youth career etc?

I've done none of the above! Sunday league and crappy local Saturday 2-3pm kick offs for me.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:02 - Nov 15 with 6717 viewsstickymockwell

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 09:47 - Nov 15 by maccyd9

Played for Whitton Utd with Sergei Jnr, the famous Hollies with Matt Upson, Dyer and Richard Wright. Many of that side went on to play semi pro and earn decent money at Heybridge, Hornchurch etc.

I peaked when I had trials at West Brom but had to cut it short due to Osgood Shclatters in my knee and never really got going again.

After that played for Whitton United and gave up mid twenties so I could get p!ssed and follow Town all over the place.

I must be the same age as you. I remember playing Whitton in a cup game ( I think) for Needham Pheonix and getting hammered. Years later I realised that It was that team. Our league was based around Stowmarket, but can remember that we did play them once.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:04 - Nov 15 with 6706 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I've played for a team that has won the FA Cup. I therefore win hands down.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:12 - Nov 15 with 6684 viewsReuser_is_God

on 13:20 - Nov 15 by _

I was at my most unfit at that point!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:14 - Nov 15 with 6679 viewsSwansea_Blue

All levels as schoolboy. Made it as far as England schools playing in a European tournament held at the former naval place in Shotley, of all places. Bit of an eye opener that was as a 12 year old playing with U14s.

Then got injured (knee).

Got back into it a few years later, but I'd been left well behind and only played in the Sunday league around Ipswich.

Then had another break and then in my mid- to late-20s had a serious go at getting back to a half decent level and played a season for Mold Alexandra in the Welsh National League. Didn't feature a lot that season - the boat had definitely sailed and I couldn't keep up with he youngsters from Merseyside.

I missed it badly until I was in my mid-30s. The hairs on the back of my neck still stand up when I walk out into a stadium, especially under the lights.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:17 - Nov 15 with 6669 viewsIllinoisblue

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 13:57 - Nov 15 by gtsb1966

I'm 51. By the time you was playing Spinglands had disbanded. Dynamoes are still going today.

good to hear. Lot of fun. And now, being involved in my local soccer club, I appreciate what an enormous amount of work goes into running a club. its the little things - like taking down the nets - that are a pain in the ass that nobody thinks about much.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:19 - Nov 15 with 6666 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 09:47 - Nov 15 by maccyd9

Played for Whitton Utd with Sergei Jnr, the famous Hollies with Matt Upson, Dyer and Richard Wright. Many of that side went on to play semi pro and earn decent money at Heybridge, Hornchurch etc.

I peaked when I had trials at West Brom but had to cut it short due to Osgood Shclatters in my knee and never really got going again.

After that played for Whitton United and gave up mid twenties so I could get p!ssed and follow Town all over the place.

I injured my knee and had Osgood Shclatters in both knees. That pretty much ruled me out of any activity from 12/13 to 16. Likewise I never managed to catch up again (and I didn't have the mindset to make it anyway I suspect).

Alan Hansen had it too apparently - useless fact of the day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:25 - Nov 15 with 6655 viewsartsbossbeard

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:17 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

good to hear. Lot of fun. And now, being involved in my local soccer club, I appreciate what an enormous amount of work goes into running a club. its the little things - like taking down the nets - that are a pain in the ass that nobody thinks about much.

I had our set of parents simply stand and watch as myself & my assistant chap took down the respect barrier and lugged it over to the storage unit whilst also carrying balls, first aid kit and left behind water bottles on Saturday.

First time I've noticed this lack of assistance but it will be the last. I've emailed the parents accordingly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:30 - Nov 15 with 6640 viewsSwailsey

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:57 - Nov 15 by J2BLUE

I once played about 5 friendly games for a newly formed team (which I refuse to name) where the score over the 5 games was roughly 65-1. To them. I remember us losing 13-0 at least twice. I soon quit. About 20 games late the team finally won a game 2-1.

This wasn't Nacton Bulls was it?...

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:34 - Nov 15 with 6623 viewsmaccyd9

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:19 - Nov 15 by Swansea_Blue

I injured my knee and had Osgood Shclatters in both knees. That pretty much ruled me out of any activity from 12/13 to 16. Likewise I never managed to catch up again (and I didn't have the mindset to make it anyway I suspect).

Alan Hansen had it too apparently - useless fact of the day.

Same age period for me. A real nightmare of an injury for kids at that age.

I was offered an Op but the long term potential damage was too much of a risk.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:36 - Nov 15 with 6612 viewsmaccyd9

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:02 - Nov 15 by stickymockwell

I must be the same age as you. I remember playing Whitton in a cup game ( I think) for Needham Pheonix and getting hammered. Years later I realised that It was that team. Our league was based around Stowmarket, but can remember that we did play them once.

I'm 37.

Remember playing Needham Pheonix back in the day.

Had Shaun V, Tim C and a few other decent players but think they were the year under. I was the same age as them but played a year above for a while.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:44 - Nov 15 with 6599 viewsIllinoisblue

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:25 - Nov 15 by artsbossbeard

I had our set of parents simply stand and watch as myself & my assistant chap took down the respect barrier and lugged it over to the storage unit whilst also carrying balls, first aid kit and left behind water bottles on Saturday.

First time I've noticed this lack of assistance but it will be the last. I've emailed the parents accordingly.

yes, and I've noticed it's the parents who are quick to voice an opinion on how/when/where their kid should be playing are always the slowest to help out with anything useful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:49 - Nov 15 with 6586 viewsbluefunk

on 09:44 - Nov 15 by _

a very long time ago - 1977-1981 ish, great club,
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:52 - Nov 15 with 6578 viewssolemio

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:04 - Nov 15 by PrideOfTheEast

I've played for a team that has won the FA Cup. I therefore win hands down.

Royal Engineers or Old Etonians?
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 6566 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:52 - Nov 15 by solemio

Royal Engineers or Old Etonians?

Close!
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:59 - Nov 15 with 6557 viewsitfcjoe

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:55 - Nov 15 by PrideOfTheEast

Close!

Wanderers...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 6520 viewsSarge

There are a few professionals and internationals in my family but unfortunately I have inherited none of the talent. Whitton Sports Centre U11 for me.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 15:19 - Nov 15 with 6516 viewsmediamatt

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:51 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

I’m an energetic 45 years of age. I recall lots of games against Feering Falcons.

I'm the same age as you chap. Used to play for Maldon Saints and then Maldon Town. We often played Feering Falcons too as well as Valley Green mentioned earlier.
Good times.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 15:24 - Nov 15 with 6504 viewssolemio

Incidentally, Pride o t East, I don't believe you played for any of those teams, as you would now be over 150 years of age.

I believe you played for a CLUB that won the FA Cup though.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 15:25 - Nov 15 with 6497 viewstextbackup

Suffolk schools for a game, chantry grasshoppers and Achilles... and the Belstead arms

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 16:09 - Nov 15 with 6428 viewsBlueBadger

I once had a kick around on Snowdon...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 16:30 - Nov 15 with 6403 viewsheavyweight

Suffolk schoolboys, but then I suspect it was only because our PE teacher was involved with running the county side.

My one claim to fame was playing against Norfolk, which included John Fashanu, this was at a time his brother was starting in the Norwich side. John scored a hat-trick that day.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 16:38 - Nov 15 with 6386 viewshype313

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 14:36 - Nov 15 by maccyd9

I'm 37.

Remember playing Needham Pheonix back in the day.

Had Shaun V, Tim C and a few other decent players but think they were the year under. I was the same age as them but played a year above for a while.

I played for Kesgrave at the same time, we played you lot in the cup and got hammered 4-0 Sergie got all four.

Randomly I got motm, probably because they felt sorry for me, but I did pull of a few saves and it could have been a lot worse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 18:04 - Nov 15 with 6316 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I played in Holland.

For Felixstowe & Walton U13s.

Against an U11 Dutch side.

We lost a lot that week...

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 18:08 - Nov 15 with 6309 viewsDubtractor

Back in the 90s I was in the reserves at Woodbridge and closeish to the first team - I was only about 19-20 so prob would have made the step up BUT......it was all taken a bit too seriously and I couldn't really be bothered so reverted to playing for my village team on Sundays.

So, in summary, miles off professional.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 18:26 - Nov 15 with 6269 viewsMJallday

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round for Whitminster

i was subbed
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 18:28]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024