Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? 01:23 - Nov 15 with 37226 viewsCurrie10

Anyone played non league, the professional game, had a promising youth career etc?

I've done none of the above! Sunday league and crappy local Saturday 2-3pm kick offs for me.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:00 - Nov 15 with 8891 viewsITFC_Forever

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 09:47 - Nov 15 by maccyd9

Played for Whitton Utd with Sergei Jnr, the famous Hollies with Matt Upson, Dyer and Richard Wright. Many of that side went on to play semi pro and earn decent money at Heybridge, Hornchurch etc.

I peaked when I had trials at West Brom but had to cut it short due to Osgood Shclatters in my knee and never really got going again.

After that played for Whitton United and gave up mid twenties so I could get p!ssed and follow Town all over the place.

You must know my bro-in-law then - Danny Potter.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I was best described as "keen" when I was a kid..... on 10:11 - Nov 15 with 8869 viewsBloots

...played for various local teams and managed to work my way to County "boys" level.

Hard work, but limited ability.

Got invited to train with both Wimbledon and Arsenal (essentially scouting opportunities for them to look at large numbers of kids in one go).

The Wimbledon session was literally in a local park with no changing facilities and about 3 footballs between 50 of us.

The first team were training on the next pitch and their conditions were only marginally better.

The Arsenal session was very professional, in their indoor "dome". Professional coaches, even Don Howe was there (one for the kids).

10 minutes in, I tripped over my own feet and headbutted the wall.

I got taken to a hospital in north London for an X Ray on my bonce.

That was the end of my dreams.

Ended up playing Sunday Pub Leagues with drunken fat blokes who only stopped punching each other when they had to throw up.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:12 - Nov 15 with 8865 viewsStirlingArcher

Suffolk U18's in goal
played 2 games
pretty sure a Mr Dyer was in the U16's at the time (if anyone can confirm he played at that level) I remember a kid who looked like him being the only one to beat me from outside the box in training

had a delayed concussion during a training session and told to avoid contact sports for 6months or so
lost my place/confidence

went to Warwick Uni
1st XI squad
sciatica when I was practising goal kicks

never played properly again

to quote above
could've been a contender
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:18 - Nov 15 with 8854 viewsmaccyd9

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:00 - Nov 15 by ITFC_Forever

I do indeed.

Though pretty certain he left but can't remember where he went.

Possibly Valley Green? Before he had his pro stints obviously.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:22 - Nov 15 with 8851 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Played and scored in European competition thank you very much.

If an a-level footy tour to Spain in 1997 counts...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:33 - Nov 15 with 8824 viewsflimflam

Played Jewson Premier for a couple of years b4 dropping back down to SIL Senior which was less travel and more playing with mates.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:40 - Nov 15 with 8809 viewsartsbossbeard

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:33 - Nov 15 by flimflam

Played Jewson Premier for a couple of years b4 dropping back down to SIL Senior which was less travel and more playing with mates.

Same, same. Although the club I was with in Jewson premier never had the funds to pay players when I was there.

2x seasons, 3 starts (subbed on all) and the rest keeping the bench warm. I stayed for a couple of seasons as a favour plus the training/coaching was top notch. a couple of seasons back in the SIL then a big move to ITFC. Watching not playing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:15 - Nov 15 with 8756 viewsPiercingBlue

I played in the 1970 Colchester Road World Cup (and scored).
Login to get fewer ads

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:18 - Nov 15 with 8757 viewsReuser_is_God

SIL for a couple of years for me.

I was half decent, & possibly still am, but never took it seriously enough to make it higher.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:18]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:20 - Nov 15 with 8738 viewsKieran_Knows

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:18 - Nov 15 by Reuser_is_God

I was half decent, & possibly still am, but never took it seriously enough to make it higher.

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:21 - Nov 15 with 8730 viewsReuser_is_God

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:20 - Nov 15 by Kieran_Knows

TWTD.

Your fault - I then started going Drum & Monkey.

Evans out

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:22 - Nov 15 with 8729 viewsKieran_Knows

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:21 - Nov 15 by Reuser_is_God

Your fault - I then started going Drum & Monkey.

Ha! You didn't care to mention your couple of seasons with M.R?!

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:23 - Nov 15 with 8721 viewsReuser_is_God

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:22 - Nov 15 by Kieran_Knows

Ha! You didn't care to mention your couple of seasons with M.R?!

I'd rather not talk about it....

Evans out

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:25 - Nov 15 with 8716 viewsKieran_Knows

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:23 - Nov 15 by Reuser_is_God

I'd rather not talk about it....

You'll have to come along in a couple of Monday's time. Won 1, lost 2 at the moment.

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:38 - Nov 15 with 8681 viewsgiant_stow

I didn't even play for my school team, but was a keen player. Some mates heard about an open training / scouting session at Barnet so off we went. Scored 3 goals including a long range in-the-top-corner screamer but no joy - I've never got over the dissapointment.

Edit: i forgot my loose connection with a player - Chris Bart-Williams was in the year above me at School in Haringay - impressive or what?!
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 11:48]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:43 - Nov 15 with 8673 viewsOsborneOneNil

I played for Weymouth at Conference South level , at 18.

Previously, as a kid was at Colchester Utd School of Excellence. Had a squad place (but didn't feature) for an England College side too.

Played alongside Adam Tanner in the midfield for Witham Nomads up to U-13 level, he's still a good mate of mine.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:51 - Nov 15 with 8657 viewsuncle

Went on as a sub for a club then of the conference North once. Generally played for their second team, or other teams at a similar level.

I was a brmable-esque centre back/full back, with an ability to score brilliant own goals
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:57 - Nov 15 with 8647 viewsJ2BLUE

I once played about 5 friendly games for a newly formed team (which I refuse to name) where the score over the 5 games was roughly 65-1. To them. I remember us losing 13-0 at least twice. I soon quit. About 20 games late the team finally won a game 2-1.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:26 - Nov 15 with 8579 viewsOsborneOneNil

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:00 - Nov 15 by ITFC_Forever

Danny, he had a spell down here at Weymouth.
Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:38 - Nov 15 with 8559 viewsusm

I played with Rudi Hedman (he subsequently played for Crystal Palace, incl being sub in an FA Cup Final) at park level football in Witham.

Played in the Essex & Suffolk Border League very briefly many years ago, but spent most of my playing - and managing - days in the Mid Essex League.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:40 - Nov 15 with 8546 viewsITFC_Forever

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 10:18 - Nov 15 by maccyd9

I do indeed.

Though pretty certain he left but can't remember where he went.

Possibly Valley Green? Before he had his pro stints obviously.

Don't know, it was before I knew him... but I know he played youth team football for Arsenal, Chelsea and a few others as a triallist and also for Bury Town when still a schoolboy.

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:42 - Nov 15 with 8538 viewsITFC_Forever

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:26 - Nov 15 by OsborneOneNil

Danny, he had a spell down here at Weymouth.

Yep, two in fact....

One as a loanee when he was at Exeter when he was recovering from his cruciate injury inflicted by Clive Mendonca in a pre-season (was a complete accident).

And then after Exeter let him go, he played for Weymouth for a couple of seasons.

I went and saw them play a few times.

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:51 - Nov 15 with 8515 viewsIllinoisblue

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 07:35 - Nov 15 by gtsb1966

I don't know your age Illy but I played for your rivals Springland Colts in the 70's. Youth football was booming in the area in those days.

I’m an energetic 45 years of age. I recall lots of games against Feering Falcons.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

on 13:20 - Nov 15 with 8460 views_

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 11:18 - Nov 15 by Reuser_is_God

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 13:57 - Nov 15 with 8412 viewsgtsb1966

Who has played the highest level on this forum footy wise? on 12:51 - Nov 15 by Illinoisblue

I’m an energetic 45 years of age. I recall lots of games against Feering Falcons.

I'm 51. By the time you was playing Spinglands had disbanded. Dynamoes are still going today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024