Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) 16:45 - Sep 1 with 26611 viewsclive_baker

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:48 - Sep 1 with 8398 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:14 - Sep 1 by Bluebell

No, it was said by Mr Bluebell who wanted me to go to matches with him.

The rest is history!

What a playa Mr Blueball is. I'd keep an eye on him if I were you.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 17:49]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:50 - Sep 1 with 8386 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don't go home with a Thai girl if she is wearing a polo neck jumper.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:50 - Sep 1 with 8400 viewsJoeSoap

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:41 - Sep 1 by Guthrum

Stop it!

and lo and behold you didn't go blind.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:53 - Sep 1 with 8376 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:19 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Although I'd qualify that by adding: "But try to be your best self".

There's no shortage of people in the world who think being themselves gives them licence to be a selfish, ignorant a-hole.

Ah - true - obviously my friend was only thinking of the lovely, good* me tho ;)

*Well I was back then ... about 50% of the time ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:54 - Sep 1 with 8378 viewsMelford

Don't get stressed about cooking. It could be fish and chips or it could be a meal cooked for the Queen, all it's going to be the next day is a sh!t going down the toilet.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:02 - Sep 1 with 8361 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was swapping tales in a bar in Hong Kong with some bloke (Welsh expat I think) and he told me that all you got to do is "just keep moving".

Maybe he was bored of my conversation but I think he was encouraging me to keep trying out new experiences in life, thus the world is a small place. Great advice. I personally can't think of anything worse than settling down in your twenties where you grew up but I know far flung adventures aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I liked Hong Kong, must get back there soon
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:06 - Sep 1 with 8346 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:44 - Sep 1 by gtsb1966

When I got my first weeks wages at my new company aged 19 I was stopped £6 pension. I went to my union rep to complain as I hadn't asked for it. He told me to keep paying as it is to my advantage and although I lived at home with my parents one day I'd be glad I had a pension. I took early retirement aged 50.

Second best piece of advice for me wasn't really one soundbite, or what any one individual said, but a lunchtime conversation (so many soundbites, ho-ho) in an open-plan office when I was working as a social worker for LB Lambeth around 1988.

It had just become a legal thing for us to be able to opt out of local govt. pension schemes and choose our own. After about 20 minutes casual chat (whilst sarnie chewing) between approx 6 of us, we unanimously came to the conclusion that it was safer to stay in. Tfft!

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 8331 viewsDolly2.0

Put Benters on ignore.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 1 with 8334 viewsDeano69

Best business advice - Obtain the services of a good accountant, they should always be able to save you more than they cost you. Also, you don't have to like everyone you do business with, but it helps.

Life - You can only call someone a best mate if they would help you dispose of a body without asking any questions.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:09 - Sep 1 with 8323 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:07 - Sep 1 by Dolly2.0

Put Benters on ignore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:20 - Sep 1 with 8302 viewsFtnfwest

Money talks, BS walks
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:21 - Sep 1 with 8294 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't say anything p1ssed that you wouldn't when sober

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 8306 viewsJohnny_Boy

If you regularly lay awake on a Sunday night, dreading your day at work on the Monday, it's probably time to find yourself another job/profession.

Don't be unhappy at a job. There are plenty other options out there.

(My lovely Nan)
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:01 - Sep 1 with 8268 viewsimsureazzure

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 16:57 - Sep 1 by SE1blue

Only date women with real eyebrows.

The look of surprise on my friends face when I told her she had drawn her eyebrows on too high.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:10 - Sep 1 with 8251 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:21 - Sep 1 by Lord_Lucan

Don't say anything p1ssed that you wouldn't when sober

Sounds a bit boring.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 8251 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:23 - Sep 1 by Johnny_Boy

If you regularly lay awake on a Sunday night, dreading your day at work on the Monday, it's probably time to find yourself another job/profession.

Don't be unhappy at a job. There are plenty other options out there.

(My lovely Nan)

She's right! See my moaning thread from the other week.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 8248 viewsbrogansnose

Always look at the mother to see what the daughters going to end up like.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:38 - Sep 1 with 8222 viewsBlue_Order

Never trust anyone with a first name for a second name.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:53 - Sep 1 with 8215 viewsunstableblue

Planet First, Others Second, Self Last.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Also on 19:55 - Sep 1 with 8208 viewsunstableblue

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:53 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

People will be too worried about how pissed they were to be worried about the state of you.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:58 - Sep 1 with 8203 viewsLord_Lucan

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:13 - Sep 1 by brogansnose

Always look at the mother to see what the daughters going to end up like.

Oh how I had listened to this. 😩

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 20:04 - Sep 1 with 8195 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:53 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

Upped, but slightly disagree - if you always put yourself last, you'll end up too burned out to help the planet at all!

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 20:07 - Sep 1 with 8190 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:21 - Sep 1 by footers

Almost the same as something told me once:

Each man is his own prince and should treat himself and others as such.

Yep, have always liked the v. similar "treat everyone else as you'd like to be treated yourself".

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 20:33 - Sep 1 with 8167 viewsmrshallisfit

One up the bum. No harm done.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 8124 viewsThrobbe

Never play cards with anyone that wears a green eye shade and who's first name is an American state.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024