Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) 16:45 - Sep 1 with 26621 viewsclive_baker

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 22:45 - Sep 1 with 5839 viewsmos

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 17:50 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

Don't go home with a Thai girl if she is wearing a polo neck jumper.

LOL!

brilliant haha!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 22:48 - Sep 1 with 5833 viewsmos

Best advice I've been given:

In the words of my Grandfather:

"Fck off the couch cnt."

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 5817 viewsEdwardStone

Never take off a condom by using a cheese grater
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:08 - Sep 1 with 5804 viewsFreddies_Ears

The first million is the hardest.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 5803 viewsstrikalite

Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is..

Thought my PE teacher made that up..:/
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:11 - Sep 1 with 5799 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:00 - Sep 1 by EdwardStone

Never take off a condom by using a cheese grater

Is the cheese in question a possible new option in the "favourite cheese?" questionnaire? And would the description "finger lickin good?" apply?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:43 - Sep 1 with 5770 viewsurbanblue

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:02 - Sep 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was swapping tales in a bar in Hong Kong with some bloke (Welsh expat I think) and he told me that all you got to do is "just keep moving".

Maybe he was bored of my conversation but I think he was encouraging me to keep trying out new experiences in life, thus the world is a small place. Great advice. I personally can't think of anything worse than settling down in your twenties where you grew up but I know far flung adventures aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I liked Hong Kong, must get back there soon

That advice was given to me at 40 from a friend of mine who was in her 50's, had a fecked back and was in bad shape. She needs one of them motorised scooter things now. I have never forgotten it and now that I'm in my 50's make sure I exercise regularly.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:52 - Sep 1 with 5763 viewstextbackup

Aged 16 my older work mate advised I start a company sharesave, aged 19 the 3 year term was up. I had £5k in hand. Dad advised I got a little terrace house and spend a year doing it up as and when I saved up a few quid.

Both of those set me up brilliantly.

HOWEVER, the very best advise was from my dear mate, he died a couple of years back aged 34 (cancer) when he was alive and kicking he told me off in Yates because I moved away from a 3/10 (female) his exact words 'you never ever turn down a shag, one day you won't be able to shag and you'll wish you had taken every chance you could'
This story was read out at his funeral, oh the laughter

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 00:26 - Sep 2 with 5739 viewsgernon

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 18:02 - Sep 1 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Was swapping tales in a bar in Hong Kong with some bloke (Welsh expat I think) and he told me that all you got to do is "just keep moving".

Maybe he was bored of my conversation but I think he was encouraging me to keep trying out new experiences in life, thus the world is a small place. Great advice. I personally can't think of anything worse than settling down in your twenties where you grew up but I know far flung adventures aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I liked Hong Kong, must get back there soon

Towards the end of his life, Sir John Betjeman was asked if he had any regrets. "Yes," came the disarmingly frank reply. "Not enough sex."
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 00:42 - Sep 2 with 5727 viewstractorshark

This is more of a rule than advice:

Treat people how you wish to be treated yourself

As for advice, probably the best I've been given was when I got a bit paranoid about things:

Don't be so arrogant to think that everyone is talking about you
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:06 - Sep 2 with 5674 viewsReuser_is_God

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 23:52 - Sep 1 by textbackup

Aged 16 my older work mate advised I start a company sharesave, aged 19 the 3 year term was up. I had £5k in hand. Dad advised I got a little terrace house and spend a year doing it up as and when I saved up a few quid.

Both of those set me up brilliantly.

HOWEVER, the very best advise was from my dear mate, he died a couple of years back aged 34 (cancer) when he was alive and kicking he told me off in Yates because I moved away from a 3/10 (female) his exact words 'you never ever turn down a shag, one day you won't be able to shag and you'll wish you had taken every chance you could'
This story was read out at his funeral, oh the laughter

I had similar with a share save at work, however I 'only' got 2k & made redundant as soon as I received the payout so I just spent it all in Malia on quad bikes & booze.

Probably shsgged a 3/10 that holiday too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:07 - Sep 2 with 5672 viewsReuser_is_God

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 19:13 - Sep 1 by brogansnose

Always look at the mother to see what the daughters going to end up like.

I'm fcuked then.

Evans out

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:09 - Sep 2 with 5670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:06 - Sep 2 by Reuser_is_God

I had similar with a share save at work, however I 'only' got 2k & made redundant as soon as I received the payout so I just spent it all in Malia on quad bikes & booze.

Probably shsgged a 3/10 that holiday too.

Quad bikes.. plural?

I wouldn't ever buy 1 quad bike but why would you buy more than 1? Better off getting a ped really wouldnt you?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:15 - Sep 2 with 5663 viewsBenters

Only worry when you cant sh1t.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:25 - Sep 2 with 5663 viewsReuser_is_God

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:09 - Sep 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Quad bikes.. plural?

I wouldn't ever buy 1 quad bike but why would you buy more than 1? Better off getting a ped really wouldnt you?

6 people can't fit on one quad

Evans out

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:45 - Sep 2 with 5587 viewsArcher4721

" Throw a few quid at Bitcoin"
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:48 - Sep 2 with 5578 viewsRyorry

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:45 - Sep 2 by Archer4721

Capitalist!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:50 - Sep 2 with 5578 viewsDolly2.0

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 07:09 - Sep 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Quad bikes.. plural?

I imagine he hired them rather than bought them.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:52 - Sep 2 with 5575 viewsArcher4721

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:48 - Sep 2 by Ryorry

Capitalist!

I like to think of it as having a punt. ;)
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:55 - Sep 2 with 5569 viewsvapour_trail

Don't drink in a pub with a flat roof.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:58 - Sep 2 with 5559 viewsDolly2.0

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:55 - Sep 2 by vapour_trail

Don't drink in a pub with a flat roof.

Why?

Not that I can think of one if I'm honest.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 11:00 - Sep 2 with 5543 viewsclive_baker

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:58 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

Why?

Not that I can think of one if I'm honest.

To be fair they're normally reserved for fighting dogs and Jeremy Kyle guests.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 11:27 - Sep 2 with 5518 viewsdee_bo

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:45 - Sep 2 by Archer4721

Don't ever don't forget where your btc are, lost 2 btc when bought for £100 each!

Found out I've still got 10 ltc that I bought for £9 each so not so bad....
What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 5487 viewsAdmiralFunge

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 11:27 - Sep 2 by dee_bo

Don't ever don't forget where your btc are, lost 2 btc when bought for £100 each!

Found out I've still got 10 ltc that I bought for £9 each so not so bad....

BTC spins me out - keep on waiting for the dip, but it's never gonna happen, is it? Shoved a very small amount into it back in June, currently 45% up.

Wish I'd bought last June, mind, but that's another story.

ETH sky-rocketing too.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 13:23 - Sep 2 with 5447 viewsReuser_is_God

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given? (n/t) on 10:50 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

I imagine he hired them rather than bought them.

Nah mate, I brought them home as hand luggage.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024