Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Brexit still happening? 11:08 - Jul 13 with 82663 viewstcblue

Almost everyone involved has said it will be a catastrophe, and the only person still thinking it's a good idea is failed politician radio host Nigel Farage. Even Boris and POB got the jobs they were perhaps angling for out of it so won't be pro anymore.

I just don't get it. Yes, there was an election with a result - but was that really done properly with an informed electorate?

I don't really give a toss if this is dismissed as snowflaking. It is obvious that Brexit will make this country significantly worse off, and for some reason we still have our foot on the gas despite being ten feet away from the cliff edge.

If there were true principles and strong leaders in our politics (whichever colour) nowadays, we would be having conversations about not respecting the will of the 52% right now.

Everyone in politics wants to pull the parachute. I'm sure of it.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:00 - Jul 13 with 8277 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:21 - Jul 13 with 8248 viewschicoazul

Why is Brexit still happening? on 14:57 - Jul 13 by J2BLUE

If parliament vote it down I would accept it.

The referendum was to leave. If we negotiate the best deal possible and it's crap; and our elected parliament vote it down then fair enough IMO.

As long as no new powers go to Brussels and we don't lose our rebates or opt outs.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:01]

Say Parliament say no to the deal offered, indulge me here. The EU then say no you cant come back in unless you accept the Euro and full Schenghen, if they have any sense, which they do. Goodbye to the Pound.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:25 - Jul 13 with 8237 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:21 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

Say Parliament say no to the deal offered, indulge me here. The EU then say no you cant come back in unless you accept the Euro and full Schenghen, if they have any sense, which they do. Goodbye to the Pound.

Are you still of the opinion that we won't leave?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:27 - Jul 13 with 8228 viewsSwansea_Blue

If that happens we'll make all Brexiteers stand in the corner and wear dunces caps.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:28 - Jul 13 with 8226 viewschicoazul

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:25 - Jul 13 by vapour_trail

Are you still of the opinion that we won't leave?

Yes. They will find a way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 8214 viewshampstead_blue

To answer the headline question.

The reason Brexit is still happening is because the country voted for it.

What you have is a barrage of negative press emulating from bias press and Brussels.
If you read "Adults in the Room" a wonderful look at how Europe treated Greece during their own negotiations, you will get a small understanding of just how bitter, twisted, and undemocratic Europe is.

The reason it's getting a hammering? Well the establishment doe not like it when the people tell it do something which isn't in the best interests of the un-elected few.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 8214 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:28 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

Yes. They will find a way.

Who is they?

The people running the country are so fcking unqualified for the job, I think they will accelerate towards the cliff edge.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:36 - Jul 13 with 8208 viewsgiant_stow

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:31 - Jul 13 by hampstead_blue

What you have is a barrage of negative press emulating from bias press and Brussels.
If you read "Adults in the Room" a wonderful look at how Europe treated Greece during their own negotiations, you will get a small understanding of just how bitter, twisted, and undemocratic Europe is.

The reason it's getting a hammering? Well the establishment doe not like it when the people tell it do something which isn't in the best interests of the un-elected few.

No doubt Greece was treated like sh1t, but thats why Yanis Varoufakis is against Brexit (*I think* he is anyway!).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:39 - Jul 13 with 8199 viewstcblue

Struggling to understand why Greece's situation is relevant...completely different circumstances.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:56 - Jul 13 with 8174 viewstractordownsouth

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:39 - Jul 13 by tcblue

Struggling to understand why Greece's situation is relevant...completely different circumstances.

Exactly, they have the Euro so of course they are more dependent on Europe due to the circumstances. Brexiteers using this as a reason for leaving is completely irrelevant.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:06 - Jul 13 with 8157 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:31 - Jul 13 by hampstead_blue

Of the reasons for voting to leave, anti-establishment is one of the most daft I can think of. That's just a Murdoch line, ironically.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:12 - Jul 13 with 8149 viewsArcher4721

To save the Tory Party from splitting that's why.

It was all about that in the first place and nothing else.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:16 - Jul 13 with 8140 viewsblue_oyster

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:12 - Jul 13 by Archer4721

To save the Tory Party from splitting that's why.

It was all about that in the first place and nothing else.

And it won't save them either. But it did allow a debate on a subject that has been ignored by the comfortably off for too long.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:18 - Jul 13 with 8131 viewschicoazul

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:31 - Jul 13 by vapour_trail

Who is they?

The people running the country are so fcking unqualified for the job, I think they will accelerate towards the cliff edge.

"they" are principally for me, the Civil Service, corporate/business interests, the MPs who campaigned for Remain i.e. pretty much all of them, and the EU itself.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 19:14 - Jul 13 with 8093 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:18 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

"they" are principally for me, the Civil Service, corporate/business interests, the MPs who campaigned for Remain i.e. pretty much all of them, and the EU itself.

So all that's fine.

But it doesn't include the merry band of fckwits whonare driving the bus.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 19:22 - Jul 13 with 8083 viewsJ2BLUE

We don't go back.

Add the Euo and Schenghen to the mix and the leave vote skyrockets.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:26 - Jul 13 with 8033 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:23 - Jul 13 by feelingblue

It wouldn't be a catastrophe if we did a Norway or Switzerland type deal. We would have left the EU.

It would have been a pointless waste of time, but that is better than walking into a hopeless unplanned, unthought through sh1tstorm of uncertainty and f*ckwitted chaos, as some elements of the Tories, and, it would appear, the Corbynite wing of the Labour party want to do.

Brexit is magnificent!

Let the remoaners moan and moan and moan...

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:29 - Jul 13 with 8027 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:26 - Jul 13 by The_Last_Baron

Brexit is magnificent!

You're this guy ... at best.

Pronouns: He/Him

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:33 - Jul 13 with 8019 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:26 - Jul 13 by The_Last_Baron

Brexit is magnificent!

Out of sincere and genuine interest, what do you find magnificent about brexit?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:49 - Jul 13 with 7989 viewsThe_Last_Baron

We leave anyway then with no deal. Gina Miller did us all a favour by making Parliament pass a bill triggering Article 50.

No deal equals WTO and that's fine by me.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 7985 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Why is Brexit still happening? on 17:56 - Jul 13 by tractordownsouth

Exactly, they have the Euro so of course they are more dependent on Europe due to the circumstances. Brexiteers using this as a reason for leaving is completely irrelevant.

Let the Butthurt continue.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 7982 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:50 - Jul 13 by The_Last_Baron

Let the Butthurt continue.

Whatever floats your boat.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:55 - Jul 13 with 7971 viewsfeelingblue

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:49 - Jul 13 by The_Last_Baron

We leave anyway then with no deal. Gina Miller did us all a favour by making Parliament pass a bill triggering Article 50.

No deal equals WTO and that's fine by me.

That just means that you have no idea what the WTO means or does.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:55 - Jul 13 with 7971 viewsDarth_Koont

Why is Brexit still happening? on 18:06 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

Of the reasons for voting to leave, anti-establishment is one of the most daft I can think of. That's just a Murdoch line, ironically.

Couldn't agree more.

A line peddled by people who will make a sh!t ton of money out of a weak pound.

Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:00 - Jul 13 with 7955 viewswkj

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:15 - Jul 13 by Heathlander

But we get our country back :)

If we means that Westminister gets the country back then you are exactly right! As for the british people? nah, probably wont really notice any difference

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024