Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Brexit still happening? 11:08 - Jul 13 with 82670 viewstcblue

Almost everyone involved has said it will be a catastrophe, and the only person still thinking it's a good idea is failed politician radio host Nigel Farage. Even Boris and POB got the jobs they were perhaps angling for out of it so won't be pro anymore.

I just don't get it. Yes, there was an election with a result - but was that really done properly with an informed electorate?

I don't really give a toss if this is dismissed as snowflaking. It is obvious that Brexit will make this country significantly worse off, and for some reason we still have our foot on the gas despite being ten feet away from the cliff edge.

If there were true principles and strong leaders in our politics (whichever colour) nowadays, we would be having conversations about not respecting the will of the 52% right now.

Everyone in politics wants to pull the parachute. I'm sure of it.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:04 - Jul 13 with 10000 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 21:55 - Jul 13 by feelingblue

That just means that you have no idea what the WTO means or does.

It would appear to be the case. The last baron doesn't appear to be willing to qualify what is magnificent about brexit.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:14 - Jul 13 with 9982 viewsWeWereZombies

So if Brexit fails do we:

Exitbrexit

Brexitexit

Brexitit

Brexzit

BrexitUey

Reversebrexit

Brex...ohfeck?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:59 - Jul 13 with 9947 viewsFreddies_Ears

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:57 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

Parliament has been given a vote on the final deal in 2 years. If they vote no, what then?

They only have a vote on the government 's proposed deal. If they vote against, then we car crash out with no deal at all
Why is Brexit still happening? on 23:09 - Jul 13 with 9942 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:14 - Jul 13 by WeWereZombies

Exitbrexit

Brexitexit

Brexitit

Brexzit

BrexitUey

Reversebrexit

Brex...ohfeck?

Brexsh1t
Why is Brexit still happening? on 23:32 - Jul 13 with 9925 viewswkj

Why is Brexit still happening? on 23:09 - Jul 13 by BelvedereBrunswick

Brexsh1t

I agree with this, the whole term "Brexit" really made my skin crawl and was one scenario we needed straight information and not buzzwords - sadly the complete opposite were to be true and I don't think many who voted for or against truely understand what's going to happen now
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 6:29]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why is Brexit still happening? on 01:28 - Jul 14 with 9904 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Why is Brexit still happening? on 23:32 - Jul 13 by wkj

I agree with this, the whole term "Brexit" really made my skin crawl and was one scenario we needed straight information and not buzzwords - sadly the complete opposite were to be true and I don't think many who voted for or against truely understand what's going to happen now
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 6:29]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 01:39 - Jul 14 with 9895 viewsvapour_trail

Why is Brexit still happening? on 01:28 - Jul 14 by The_Last_Baron

So, why is it magnificent?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 08:21 - Jul 14 with 9850 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is Brexit still happening? on 01:28 - Jul 14 by The_Last_Baron

As the saying goes 'You can't polish a turd'.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:24 - Jul 14 with 9819 viewstcblue

Failed politician Nigel Farage there. I think earlier in the thread someone asked me what I meant by that, my retort would be why would you consider someone, who had huge media coverage as leader of a political party, successful when he couldn't get elected as an MP, despite moving around to areas considered soft to his party?

We won't even go into his attendance and voting record as an MEP. He's a failed politician. In the interest of fairness, I've never heard his radio show, so I have no idea if he's any good at that.
Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:31 - Jul 14 with 9809 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why is Brexit still happening? on 22:14 - Jul 13 by WeWereZombies

Exitbrexit

Brexitexit

Brexitit

Brexzit

BrexitUey

Reversebrexit

Brex...ohfeck?

The name Brexitits has already been taken. A few of them post on here

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:33 - Jul 14 with 9800 viewsbluelagos

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:31 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Can I be the first to suggest Brexicide :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:45 - Jul 14 with 9787 viewstcblue

Brexit the bed
Why is Brexit still happening? on 10:26 - Jul 14 with 9761 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:33 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Can I be the first to suggest Brexicide :-)

Or

Brex..ohdear

Why is Brexit still happening? on 10:27 - Jul 14 with 9758 viewsWeWereZombies

Why is Brexit still happening? on 09:31 - Jul 14 by Swansea_Blue

Just don't call them Brexiflakes - the toys will really get thrown out of the pram then...

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:29 - Jul 14 with 9721 viewsNo9

IF, those who voted to leave get around to researching the 'Great repeal Bill' & how their rights may be affected and how much they are likley to loose - UNLESS, they are very rich. there may be more who don't want what is coming our way.
However, ther are none so blind as those who will not see
Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:33 - Jul 14 with 9716 viewscaught-in-limbo

Why do people think that Brexit is still happening?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:36 - Jul 14 with 9716 viewsgiant_stow

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:33 - Jul 14 by caught-in-limbo

Why do people think that Brexit is still happening?

I don't blame you for starting to get excited that your prediction could come true, but still, jumping the gun a bit innit?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:45 - Jul 14 with 9703 viewscaught-in-limbo

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:36 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

I don't blame you for starting to get excited that your prediction could come true, but still, jumping the gun a bit innit?

It's not a question of jumping the gun or me celebrating.

It's clear to me that it cannot happen. One of the biggest challenges is trying to convince the public that the government is respecting a democratic decision. But actually, it's not that difficult, the UK could forge deeper ties with Europe in many respects (which is certainly what it's going in terms of defence) and the press could report Brexit and the people will believe it.

We live in a society now where people aren't bothered to investigate what is actually happening but accept what the media tells them is happening. If the media told us that Brexit negotiations were completed yesterday and that the country had successfully completed a Hard Brexit, the vast majority of the country wouldn't doubt or even question it.

#toxic

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:58 - Jul 14 with 9680 viewsgiant_stow

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:45 - Jul 14 by caught-in-limbo

It's clear to me that it cannot happen. One of the biggest challenges is trying to convince the public that the government is respecting a democratic decision. But actually, it's not that difficult, the UK could forge deeper ties with Europe in many respects (which is certainly what it's going in terms of defence) and the press could report Brexit and the people will believe it.

We live in a society now where people aren't bothered to investigate what is actually happening but accept what the media tells them is happening. If the media told us that Brexit negotiations were completed yesterday and that the country had successfully completed a Hard Brexit, the vast majority of the country wouldn't doubt or even question it.

Interesting stuff, but I can't really agree with your last para. There probably are a load of people who'd be right about, but doubt and mistrust of officials and even the media seem strong to me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:00 - Jul 14 with 9671 viewsblue_oyster

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:45 - Jul 14 by caught-in-limbo

How is it clear it cannot happen? You haven't explained, rather you've put the case to the contrary.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:03 - Jul 14 with 9658 viewscaught-in-limbo

Why is Brexit still happening? on 11:58 - Jul 14 by giant_stow

Interesting stuff, but I can't really agree with your last para. There probably are a load of people who'd be right about, but doubt and mistrust of officials and even the media seem strong to me.

And what actions are the public taking in response to their doubt and mistrust of the media?

Are they calling them to account?
Are they terminating their BBC licenses?

#toxic

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:05 - Jul 14 with 9657 viewscaught-in-limbo

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:00 - Jul 14 by blue_oyster

How is it clear it cannot happen? You haven't explained, rather you've put the case to the contrary.

I have explained.

Go back and read through what I've written previously instead of making stuff up.

#toxic

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:07 - Jul 14 with 9649 viewsblue_oyster

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:05 - Jul 14 by caught-in-limbo

I have explained.

Go back and read through what I've written previously instead of making stuff up.

Where? When?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:09 - Jul 14 with 9644 viewscaught-in-limbo

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:07 - Jul 14 by blue_oyster

Where? When?

Pre referendum and post referendum. At least 4 or 5 times.

#toxic

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:15 - Jul 14 with 9631 viewsgiant_stow

Why is Brexit still happening? on 12:03 - Jul 14 by caught-in-limbo

And what actions are the public taking in response to their doubt and mistrust of the media?

Are they calling them to account?
Are they terminating their BBC licenses?

Why would they do that? Why not just read a bit more from other sources to build their own picture up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024