Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff 10:37 - Jul 24 with 2789 viewsGuthrum

in sorting out their business troubles.

A new logo! Maybe a new name, to get rid of all that brand recognition built up over the years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66284304

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:42 - Jul 24 with 2388 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Slightly OT but does anyone actually use Threads?

Granted its very new and it doesnt have the same usership that Twitter/X does but it doesnt feel like a worthy competitor- yet.
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 2378 viewsSteve_M

This is definitely a well planned rebranding exercise and not just another desperate attempt to reduce the losses.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:49 - Jul 24 with 2349 viewsLankHenners

Very obviously just something Musk thought up and demanded was rolled out, and because he's surrounded himself by sycophants he has no-one to tell him it's a dumb idea.

A lot of other very stupid stuff coming from him and the CEO as well like turning the site into some sort of bank or PayPal-like service.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:53 - Jul 24 with 2323 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Musk is reason enough to not buy a Tesla, a complete helmet and an untrustworthy one at that. A reminder that not only did he try and bail out of the Twitter purchase, but he was also previously charged by the SEC for securities fraud.

That’s on top of being an employer that makes Victorian workhouses look appealing. Other than all that he’s an alright bloke.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 10:55]
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 2310 viewsBlueBadger

Given the sort of content that's been allowed to fester and grow since Musk took over, surely they'd have been better off rebranding as 'Q'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:56 - Jul 24 with 2296 viewsBlueBadger

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:42 - Jul 24 by EastAnglianBoy

Slightly OT but does anyone actually use Threads?

Granted its very new and it doesnt have the same usership that Twitter/X does but it doesnt feel like a worthy competitor- yet.

I idly looked at it and decided not to bother given that a) you have to sign up for fooking instagram(the Chelsea FC of social media) as well and b) it's still a Zuckerberg company.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:58 - Jul 24 with 2288 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm a little concerned that by the time he's done with Twitter, Marcus Evans won't be the best example of terrible leadership.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:06 - Jul 24 with 2259 viewsMookamoo

It does beg the question why he didn't just start his own.

If he is converting Twitter into a different type of 'super' platform, ditching the brand, changing the company ethos and alienating the current advertisers and adding banking facilities, then why pay $44bn for it in the first place?

He could have partnered up with a big media company like Comcast and had an adverting and customer base to work with. Or have I been watching too much Succession?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 11:07]
Login to get fewer ads

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:10 - Jul 24 with 2230 viewsredrickstuhaart

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:06 - Jul 24 by Mookamoo

It does beg the question why he didn't just start his own.

If he is converting Twitter into a different type of 'super' platform, ditching the brand, changing the company ethos and alienating the current advertisers and adding banking facilities, then why pay $44bn for it in the first place?

He could have partnered up with a big media company like Comcast and had an adverting and customer base to work with. Or have I been watching too much Succession?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 11:07]

The man is a loon. I have just deactivated my account. Should have done so prevoiusly really.
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:23 - Jul 24 with 2177 viewsDubtractor

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:58 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I'm a little concerned that by the time he's done with Twitter, Marcus Evans won't be the best example of terrible leadership.

The only conclusion I can make is that he is deliberately running it into the ground. He can't genuinely believe that the things he has done will improve it can he?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:29 - Jul 24 with 2155 viewswkf07tsu

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:49 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

Very obviously just something Musk thought up and demanded was rolled out, and because he's surrounded himself by sycophants he has no-one to tell him it's a dumb idea.

A lot of other very stupid stuff coming from him and the CEO as well like turning the site into some sort of bank or PayPal-like service.

Well, it's been his plan since at least last October...

Not saying it's necessarily a good plan, but then I'm not a tech billionaire. He's trying to emulate PayTM & GoJek which have both been pretty successful, so who knows, eh!
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:41 - Jul 24 with 2108 viewsnodge_blue

So you don't tweet you send an X.

What a fool.

What is it what autocrats and letters at the end of the alphabet?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:46 - Jul 24 with 2088 viewsEdwardStone

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:41 - Jul 24 by nodge_blue

So you don't tweet you send an X.

What a fool.

What is it what autocrats and letters at the end of the alphabet?

It does beg the question.....

Y ?
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:48 - Jul 24 with 2081 viewsDanTheMan

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:29 - Jul 24 by wkf07tsu

Not saying it's necessarily a good plan, but then I'm not a tech billionaire. He's trying to emulate PayTM & GoJek which have both been pretty successful, so who knows, eh!

It's worth examining why those products work well in the countries they are popular in.

I doubt many people are itching to shop and watch videos through Twitter / X.

The guy has lost his mind.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 2066 viewsLankHenners

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:29 - Jul 24 by wkf07tsu

Oh yeah I stand corrected it's definitely well thought through and planned out, which is why all the branding has changed and you can't see any references to Twitter or 'reTWEETS' or suchlike, plus the logo itself has been in the works all this time, not created literally yesterday by some guy who adapted it from the logo he used on his fan podcast for Tesla/SpaceX etc.

An 'everything app' is definitely something people want form Twitter and it will all be fine, not as if the site has just broken a few times in the last few months and no-one is really sure exactly why. What is also definitely isn't is an attempt to claw back some money after massively overpaying for the site in the first place then destroying the advertising revenue through being a general moron and all round unpleasant person.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:53 - Jul 24 with 2041 viewsJ2BLUE

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:23 - Jul 24 by Dubtractor

The only conclusion I can make is that he is deliberately running it into the ground. He can't genuinely believe that the things he has done will improve it can he?

I did consider he was doing the world a favour by destroying it

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 2007 viewsNthQldITFC

Does each tweet load with the Family Fortunes "Uh-Uh!" sound effect and big red 'X' to tell you, in no uncertain terms, just how badly Muskrat has got it all wrong?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 12:05 - Jul 24 with 1993 viewsElderGrizzly

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:49 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

He tried to get Paypal to change it's name to X.com when he was there.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/24/elon-musk-made-his-first-millions-in-the-paypal-ma

He basically wants Twitter to be WeChat.
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 13:48 - Jul 24 with 1910 viewsSteve_M

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:51 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

Oh yeah I stand corrected it's definitely well thought through and planned out, which is why all the branding has changed and you can't see any references to Twitter or 'reTWEETS' or suchlike, plus the logo itself has been in the works all this time, not created literally yesterday by some guy who adapted it from the logo he used on his fan podcast for Tesla/SpaceX etc.

An 'everything app' is definitely something people want form Twitter and it will all be fine, not as if the site has just broken a few times in the last few months and no-one is really sure exactly why. What is also definitely isn't is an attempt to claw back some money after massively overpaying for the site in the first place then destroying the advertising revenue through being a general moron and all round unpleasant person.

And they aren't even doing that well anymore:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 14:55 - Jul 24 with 1855 viewsGuthrum

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:10 - Jul 24 by redrickstuhaart

The man is a loon. I have just deactivated my account. Should have done so prevoiusly really.

My account is suspended, for 'spam or platform manipulation'. I've sent one message and zero Tweets since joining.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 14:57 - Jul 24 with 1850 viewsRyorry

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:46 - Jul 24 by EdwardStone

It does beg the question.....

Y ?

Z zzzzz ...

He's trying to perfect a remedy for insomnia.

I used to love Twitter, but it mostly just sends me to sleep now that so many friends have left it.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 16:34 - Jul 24 with 1784 viewskeighleyblue

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 10:54 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Given the sort of content that's been allowed to fester and grow since Musk took over, surely they'd have been better off rebranding as 'Q'?

Or 'Z'.
I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 16:50 - Jul 24 with 1760 viewsfactual_blue

There's actually nothing at all important about twitter. It's well-suited to an ignoramus like elon muck.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 1692 viewsDubtractor

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 14:55 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

My account is suspended, for 'spam or platform manipulation'. I've sent one message and zero Tweets since joining.

I think you may have followed me recently Guthers, a shame that you're now missing out on the superior content that I create.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 18:11 - Jul 24 with 1671 viewsTractorWood

I see that Twitter is concentrating on the important stuff on 11:48 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

It's worth examining why those products work well in the countries they are popular in.

I doubt many people are itching to shop and watch videos through Twitter / X.

The guy has lost his mind.

He seems to be trying to emulate the WeChat model which is run by the Chinese Government to aid touch points of a police state.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024