Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad update 14:52 - Jul 20 with 4318 viewsitfcjoe

Assuming Hutchinson signs....!

GK (2+1) - Walton, Hladky, Slicker*
RB (2) - Clarke, Donacien
LB (2) - Davis, Leigh
CB (3) - Edmundson, Woolfenden, Burgess
CM (5+1) - Morsy, Evans, Ball, Luongo, Taylor, Humphreys*
W/AM (8) - Burns, Chaplin, Harness, Jackson, Aluko, Edwards, Broadhead, Hutchinson
ST (2) - Ladapo, Hirst
Total (24+2)

Out on Loan (5) - Ahadme, El Mizouni, Ndaba, Camara, Yengi

Likely leaving - Permanent or loan (3) - Baggott, Hayes, Pigott

Starting to look a bit congested in the AM/W position, something like

RW - Burns, Jackson, Hutchinson
10 - Chaplin, Harness, Aluko
LW - Broadhead, Edwards

Obviously need another CB, so that is the 25th man.

I think we need someone who can play as a 9 at a minimum in there - so guess it is who out of Kayden Jackson or Kyle Edwards you lose to bring that person in who can cover a role behind the striker and as a 9.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad update on 14:55 - Jul 20 with 2970 viewsJ2BLUE

Hladky to leave with Slicker as number 2?

With 9 on the bench I wouldn't want to lose Jackson or Edwards. Not that I want to lose Hladky either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Squad update on 14:57 - Jul 20 with 2948 viewsitfcjoe

Squad update on 14:55 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

Hladky to leave with Slicker as number 2?

With 9 on the bench I wouldn't want to lose Jackson or Edwards. Not that I want to lose Hladky either.

You can't risk Walton breaking his finger on September 1st and being left with a keeper with no senior experience at all

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 2931 viewsBloots

....of giving a squad space to Aluko, particularly with Hutch coming in.

I genuinely think I'd rather have Jackson around the squad in terms of his impact and more attacking variation.

But what do I know.

Sod all probably.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Squad update on 14:59 - Jul 20 with 2909 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Assume * signifies those who don't count to the 25?

CB looks light, but with both Ball and Donacien able to play there, not as urgent as it looks.
Think you are right, another No9 needed, possibly a youngster that can be developed.

Does make me wonder if TJJ on a perm might be in the works, especially after he allegedly has begged Arsenal for a permanent move.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22461118/arsenal-transfer-news-tyreece-john-jules

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Squad update on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 2917 viewsthe_toff

Agree with that. Hladky has to stay, would be foolish to move him on unless it was a nice fee and we replaced him with experience. Either way it'll be 2 (+1).

I would say bring in an additional LCB and a senior forward which takes us to 26. Move on Evans and either Aluko (very unlikely I know) or one of Jackson or Edwards. Plus those 3 you mention.

Would bring us to 24 and give us wiggle room to snap someone up before deadline day.
Squad update on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 2917 viewsDubtractor

KM has consistently switched all 3 of the AM players in games, so makes sense that he'd want plenty of depth there, but agree that we've probably got one more than needed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:02 - Jul 20 with 2909 viewsitfcjoe

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 14:58 - Jul 20 by Bloots

I genuinely think I'd rather have Jackson around the squad in terms of his impact and more attacking variation.

But what do I know.

Sod all probably.

I just mentioned that elsewhere, think that Edwards and Jackson will prove to be much more valuable on the pitch

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:05 - Jul 20 with 2825 viewshomer_123

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:02 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I just mentioned that elsewhere, think that Edwards and Jackson will prove to be much more valuable on the pitch

Edwards ended up being far more impactful when coming off the bench or starting than, say, Harness (who sadly fell away form wise).

Jackson is underrated. As he showed, again, last night....he's viable wide option for us and shouldn't be underestimated.

Aluko....the guy ooozes quality but, agree that he is really only going to have a cameo role at best - really difficult to see him getting much game time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 2753 viewshype313

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:05 - Jul 20 by homer_123

Edwards ended up being far more impactful when coming off the bench or starting than, say, Harness (who sadly fell away form wise).

Jackson is underrated. As he showed, again, last night....he's viable wide option for us and shouldn't be underestimated.

Aluko....the guy ooozes quality but, agree that he is really only going to have a cameo role at best - really difficult to see him getting much game time.

Jackson has been a bit of a revelation on that wing the past 12 months, he's been consistently good, especially for someone I thought would've left a long time ago.

He actually might end up getting more game time than Edwards and Aluko.

Aluko, that's a real head scratcher, as you say, he oozes class, but his output on numbers is well down the list.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 2715 viewsle2blue

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:02 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

Remember listening to Gary Neville on the Diary of a CEO podcast saying in his last two years at United Ferguson only kept him in the squad because he wanted him to illustrate the standards and worth ethic to the rest of the squad. Clearly, Aluko is doing that for KM here as well, maybe he can do that whilst not being in the EFL squad list, just appearing in cup games, would definitely make things easier with the squad make up.
I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 2700 viewstractorboy1978

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:11 - Jul 20 by hype313

Jackson has been a bit of a revelation on that wing the past 12 months, he's been consistently good, especially for someone I thought would've left a long time ago.

He actually might end up getting more game time than Edwards and Aluko.

Aluko, that's a real head scratcher, as you say, he oozes class, but his output on numbers is well down the list.

I think 'a revelation' is seriously pushing it re Jackson. His asset is obviously his pace but he stands out like a sore thumb in terms of technical ability and his end product isn't particularly good when he gets into dangerous positions.

3 goals, 2 assists in the league last year which is identical to Edwards but he played 500 more minutes.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 15:21]
Squad update on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 2687 viewsitfcjoe

This is what I'd be looking to do between now and end of window:

New CB

New CM to replace Evans

New AM/9 to replace Jackson

New CF to replace Ladapo

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:19 - Jul 20 with 2663 viewshomer_123

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:17 - Jul 20 by tractorboy1978

I think 'a revelation' is seriously pushing it re Jackson. His asset is obviously his pace but he stands out like a sore thumb in terms of technical ability and his end product isn't particularly good when he gets into dangerous positions.

3 goals, 2 assists in the league last year which is identical to Edwards but he played 500 more minutes.

So, this is the interesting situation though, don't you think.

Edwards, tricky, skilful, able to open up an opposition with trickery and skill.

Jackson, direct, pacey and incredible workrate

To me....and I'm no expert but that seems like two good options to have....different skills and abilities that we can use at different times in matches and throughout the season.

Squad update on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 2616 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Squad update on 15:18 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

New CB

New CM to replace Evans

New CF to replace Ladapo

I agree with the first three, but would like to keep hold of Ladapo and sign a new under-21 forward on a permanent. No ideas about who.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Squad update on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 2611 viewshomer_123

Squad update on 15:18 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

New CB

New CM to replace Evans

New CF to replace Ladapo

I wonder if Harness might also be one to go, instead of Jackson?

Is Harness easier to offload than Jackson?

Which sort of leads back to.... on 15:28 - Jul 20 with 2570 viewsBloots

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:19 - Jul 20 by homer_123

Edwards, tricky, skilful, able to open up an opposition with trickery and skill.

To me....and I'm no expert but that seems like two good options to have....different skills and abilities that we can use at different times in matches and throughout the season.

...my original point.

Aluko is the odd one out, he doesn't really offer anything that other players can't offer, particularly if/when we sign Hutch.

Taking that option on him seems more and more peculiar as we go on.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Squad update on 15:31 - Jul 20 with 2558 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Is it for certain that Aluko even gets registered in the 25?

Just plays in the cups. Or has the idea of him doing that been ruled out by anyone at the club.
Squad update on 15:32 - Jul 20 with 2551 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I wonder whether KJ will be seen as that option?

Personally I think we’re overstocked in CM so that’s where I would look to create a space. Evans would be the one that I would look to offload

Poll: Our final position

Squad update on 15:35 - Jul 20 with 2505 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Squad update on 15:31 - Jul 20 by burnbudgiesburn

Is it for certain that Aluko even gets registered in the 25?

Just plays in the cups. Or has the idea of him doing that been ruled out by anyone at the club.

No sure that is something anyone at the club would discuss openly, except with the players concerned.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Squad update on 15:38 - Jul 20 with 2489 viewsLankHenners

As with others, I get the 'experience' argument with Aluko but was surprised to see him offered a deal. Maybe there'll be games where someone with his ability to hold onto the ball and calm things down will be useful late on but with the numbers we have that feels like a luxury we're trying to cram in.

Jackson seems to have reinvented (or re-reinvented perhaps) himself as a wide forward with some effect - still not sure he's really of the quality for where we want to be but no denying his pace is an asset. Would have thought that Burns and Hutchinson would share the RAM slot so offloading him for a versatile forward seems the best path forward.

Think Edwards playing off the left keeps him in, plus his technical ability is a good fit for the Championship.

A CB seems the next obvious position to fill, think Trusty will be a difficult (and expensive) deal to do but would set us up very nicely at the back imo.

Swap Evans out for a CM with more dynamism and we're looking pretty good all said and done.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:39 - Jul 20 with 2479 viewsReusersTown

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:17 - Jul 20 by tractorboy1978

I wouldn't say he's been a revelation but to say his end product isn't good is absolute bollox. He consistently has got to the byline and delivered good low balls into the box since he got here and picked up a decent number of assists. I'm not overly high on Jackson but with the types of more open games we're more likely to be involved in in the Championship his characteristics are going to be much more useful to us. Just look at the Burnley games for example.
I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:41 - Jul 20 with 2453 viewscbower

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 14:58 - Jul 20 by Bloots

But what do I know.

Sod all probably.

Yep. Still can't understand the Aluko deal. Lovely player who I can't see playing much.

bluescouser

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:46 - Jul 20 with 2425 viewstractorboy1978

I still struggle to see the real value.... on 15:19 - Jul 20 by homer_123

I just think he's the weakest of the players we have in attacking areas. He could be that extra hybrid forward we all think we need but I don't think anyone (including McKenna) considers that an option if we want to progress and challenge. We need a better version of him.

I don't think Aluko will play loads but his composure and ball retention will be useful off the bench at times. And he can also drop into the midfield if needed to at times.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 15:46]
Squad update on 15:46 - Jul 20 with 2428 viewsitfcjoe

Squad update on 15:25 - Jul 20 by homer_123

I wonder if Harness might also be one to go, instead of Jackson?

Is Harness easier to offload than Jackson?

I wouldn't say so - Harness has 2 years left on deal plus an option, Jackson in last year.

Plus Jackson was a legacy player.....whereas Harness was bought when Ashton (CEO), Probert (DoF), Williams (Head of Recruitment) and McKenna were all in place as a good sixed.

A player agreed on by all current powers that be less than 12 months ago is always going to be someone persisted with - and his output was higher last year and looking sharp in pre season

Squad update on 15:49 - Jul 20 with 2384 viewshomer_123

Squad update on 15:46 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't say so - Harness has 2 years left on deal plus an option, Jackson in last year.

Plus Jackson was a legacy player.....whereas Harness was bought when Ashton (CEO), Probert (DoF), Williams (Head of Recruitment) and McKenna were all in place as a good sixed.

A player agreed on by all current powers that be less than 12 months ago is always going to be someone persisted with - and his output was higher last year and looking sharp in pre season

All absolutely fair points Joe.

I guess my question was more 'Is Harness more saleable?'. I think the answer is yes but your points are right, likely we'd continue with him over Jackson, assuming we could move Jackson on.

Not saying I'd want Harness to leave.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024