Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Fraser 17:23 - Jun 13 with 4741 viewscressi

Going out on loan to a championship club wants to move further south not hard from Newcastle aged 29 is he to injury prone back does have ability ? Any would be takers on here.
Ryan Fraser on 17:25 - Jun 13 with 4357 viewsgeg1992

I saw an article linking him to nodge earlier, hope not.

I'd love him back.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Ryan Fraser on 17:26 - Jun 13 with 4310 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't he have a load of off pitch stuff going on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ryan Fraser on 17:33 - Jun 13 with 4254 viewsJ2BLUE

Comes across as a massive bell. Don't think he would fit in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ryan Fraser on 17:45 - Jun 13 with 4137 viewsBigCommon

Wasn't there loads of noise about him downing tools at Bournemouth , under Howe, when they were struggling, in order to force a move elsewhere?
Consequently, hasn't had a look in, under Howe at Toon.
If there's a modicum of truth in that, then he can jog on..
Ryan Fraser on 17:49 - Jun 13 with 4093 viewsJ2BLUE

Ryan Fraser on 17:45 - Jun 13 by BigCommon

Wasn't there loads of noise about him downing tools at Bournemouth , under Howe, when they were struggling, in order to force a move elsewhere?

Not sure about that. I think it was pretty low of him not to sign a short term extension to play in their final games though. I'm sure they would have insured him properly. Then he ran his mouth about how he thinks he could have kept them up.

Either help them out or don't and shut up. If I was Howe, he would have been out the door at the earliest opportunity at Newcastle.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ryan Fraser on 17:58 - Jun 13 with 4001 viewsParisBlue

Last started a game in September, last played in October. Banished to the U21s and excluded from being used on the front cover of the Newcastle programme. Howe isn't a fan. https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-

He was good here in 15/16 and his hamstring going at QPR maybe cost us play-offs. Not sure he'd fit into the "good egg" profile though.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Ryan Fraser on 18:05 - Jun 13 with 3921 viewsjayessess

Really really excellent footballer though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ryan Fraser on 18:20 - Jun 13 with 3771 viewsArnieM

Fraser in a McCarthy team of “ real blokes” might have looked the dogs Bollox in the day . I’d say he’s not up to the standard of our current squad . Times move on . He’s older. We’re far better now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Fraser on 18:40 - Jun 13 with 3648 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I'm surprised Bournemouth wouldn't want him back.

You'd think Luton, Palace, Fulham etc might all look at him.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ryan Fraser on 19:05 - Jun 13 with 3508 viewsjayessess

Ryan Fraser on 18:20 - Jun 13 by ArnieM

Fraser in a McCarthy team of “ real blokes” might have looked the dogs Bollox in the day . I’d say he’s not up to the standard of our current squad . Times move on . He’s older. We’re far better now.

Much as I'd like this to be true... after he left us he's gone on to have a really good Premier League career (173 games, 53 goals and assists) and played 26 times for Scotland. He's also 29, so still in his peak years.

Unless last season's injury or attitude problems have dramatically affected his level, he should be way too good for the Championship.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 19:11]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ryan Fraser on 19:12 - Jun 13 with 3439 viewsPinewoodblue

Read that Norwich were in the hunt, two years still on his contract, looking for a loan.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ryan Fraser on 19:20 - Jun 13 with 3367 viewsBlueNomad

Ryan Fraser on 17:45 - Jun 13 by BigCommon

There is no way he should come here! He has great ability but it is true that he downed tools at Bournemouth, was reportedly out of order at Newcastle and doesn’t sound the sort of bloke we want here. Do we really want a disrupter here? The cons outweigh the pros
Ryan Fraser on 19:26 - Jun 13 with 3328 viewsITFC_Josh

Getting a bit carried away with ‘we’re too good for him’ when mentioned/linked with very good players.
Ryan Fraser on 19:41 - Jun 13 with 3246 viewsOldsmoker

Ryan Fraser on 19:26 - Jun 13 by ITFC_Josh

Getting a bit carried away with ‘we’re too good for him’ when mentioned/linked with very good players.

That's a fair point.
I think Ashton still has to pull out all the stops on any prospective transfer, and persuade them that the move to Town is the best decision they'll ever make.
That's going to be a hard sell for some players to buy into.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Ryan Fraser on 21:34 - Jun 13 with 2911 viewsArnieM

Ryan Fraser on 19:05 - Jun 13 by jayessess

Much as I'd like this to be true... after he left us he's gone on to have a really good Premier League career (173 games, 53 goals and assists) and played 26 times for Scotland. He's also 29, so still in his peak years.

Unless last season's injury or attitude problems have dramatically affected his level, he should be way too good for the Championship.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 19:11]

Thing is if his attitude is an underlying but critical influence to his on field demise then he’s not got the attributes that would fit in at this club, so he’s not for us.

He’d be a rotten apple in the barrel,effectively wouldn’t he. You only need one bad character to totally disrupt the whole squad.

Historically, Serine Was one such case I feel, many years ago. Ended up in prison eventually…

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ryan Fraser on 23:28 - Jun 13 with 2575 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ryan Fraser on 19:41 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

That's a fair point.
I think Ashton still has to pull out all the stops on any prospective transfer, and persuade them that the move to Town is the best decision they'll ever make.

I think it's possibly the easiest time any ceo. Chairman etc has had at selling the club to players in the past 20 odd years.

Finances check
Large crowds home and away check
Ambitious. Yep
Good football. Yep
Project. Yep.

Suffolk.. many players like it so much they never leave.
Pitch.. check

Training ground.. hmmmmm

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ryan Fraser on 00:18 - Jun 14 with 2484 viewsrodney76

As a loanee and with a January release clause in case it didn't work out it would be a decent risk for any Championship club.

Clearly he was enticed by the big bucks of Newcastle, but as that has gone sour on him, he might be a bit more compliant and down to size.

I don't recall him upsetting the apple cart at Town, the opposite in fact.

If Norwich lands him then let's hope he doesn't do another Huckerby. The are parallels.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2023 0:19]
Ryan Fraser on 06:58 - Jun 14 with 2275 viewsChurchman

Ryan Fraser on 19:41 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

That's a fair point.

Yes, ITFC of course has to sell itself to players. It’s a short career and Ipswich is not London or Manchester.

It does though have its own attractions both as a place and a football club. Ashton has made it clear that they only want people in the club that want to be here and will embrace the club’s ethics and standards (paraphrasing here). If a player doesn’t want to do that, this isn’t the club for them however good they are.

I can’t see the club compromising on this for Fraser or anyone else and nor should they just because we are in a tougher league. The attitude of our players was first class last season from what I could see and were a real contrast to say Leicester, some of whose players didn’t want to know.

I watched Fraser when he was here and thought he was excellent. But that was a long time ago when he was making his way in the game. We had a strong manager and forceful players in Chambers and co then so it’s no surprise he was compliant.

But it’s 2023 and if Fraser is what some people are suggesting, he’s not for us. The days of begging players to come and hoping we can turn round rotten apples like Chopra are gone, thank goodness.
Ryan Fraser on 08:11 - Jun 14 with 2112 viewsBluefields

Ability wise he is far better than most in our squad, its his personality that would be a concern.
Ryan Fraser on 08:24 - Jun 14 with 2061 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ryan Fraser on 23:28 - Jun 13 by FrimleyBlue

I think it's possibly the easiest time any ceo. Chairman etc has had at selling the club to players in the past 20 odd years.

Finances check
Large crowds home and away check
Ambitious. Yep
Good football. Yep
Project. Yep.

Suffolk.. many players like it so much they never leave.
Pitch.. check

Training ground.. hmmmmm

I think us being located where we are, tucked away miles from anywhere is one of the reasons some turn us down.

But yeah we tick all other boxes and the training ground is improving.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ryan Fraser on 09:03 - Jun 14 with 1944 viewsBlueBlood90

Not for me. Happily allowed Bournemouth to get relegated because he didn't want to get injured after turning down a new deal. I loved him here on loan but quite happy to see him linked with Norwich as his attitude clearly stinks.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Ryan Fraser on 09:43 - Jun 14 with 1823 viewsblueoxford

Ryan Fraser on 17:25 - Jun 13 by geg1992

I saw an article linking him to nodge earlier, hope not.

I'd love him back.

Bad apple. Hope he signs for Narwich
Ryan Fraser on 09:51 - Jun 14 with 1783 viewsitfcjoe

Fraser looked head and shoulders above a team that finished 7th in the Championship and would have been the difference between us being in the top 6 - since then he's played only in the PL.

To suggest he isn't good enough for us now is laughable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ryan Fraser on 10:16 - Jun 14 with 1667 viewsVic

There is no doubt in my mind that he’s a good deal better than the vast majority, if not all, of our squad. So in terms of ability he’d be a great addition.

But whether he would fit into our teams way of playing I’ve no idea.

Of course his attitude is another issue. Him and Howe clearly don’t get on so how much of his reputation is down to that I don’t know. Would he be different with a different manager? I guess we’ll only know that when he moves to a new club.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ryan Fraser on 10:24 - Jun 14 with 1644 viewsKievthegreat

Ability wise, he would be a great signing for most teams aiming for the top end of the Championship. There will seemingly be question marks about his attitudes off the pitch, but that is what makes him available to sign. I'll trust McKenna and co to make the decision, but if they can get him knuckled down he'd be a fantastic asset.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024