Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer. 22:54 - May 9 with 5492 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No nationalisation, no taxing the better off and needs to let the latest anti protest laws "bed in."
Voting....it's overrated!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Starmer. on 23:27 - May 9 with 3378 viewsWhos_blue

Sigh.

Such a disappointment. Add to that list his lack of support to striking workers.
He might be appealing to the centre ground, but for anyone left of centre, he's just not doing it.
IMHO of course.
I just have this ridiculous dream that after he's swept this current sham to one side, he might actually swing a teensy weeny bit to the left.
We live in hope I suppose.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Starmer. on 23:57 - May 9 with 3353 viewsJimmyJazz

But if he did openly support all those, would he be elected?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Starmer. on 01:00 - May 10 with 3290 viewsMattinLondon

Starmer. on 23:57 - May 9 by JimmyJazz

Nationalising the railways, taxing the high earners more and allowing peaceful protests aren’t exactly controversial policies.
Starmer. on 01:25 - May 10 with 3274 viewsHARRY10

Starmer. on 23:57 - May 9 by JimmyJazz

Therein lies the dilemma. For all the talk of the PR danger there is still the knowledge that a fair umber of voters for the Libdems at the next election will be former Tory voters, and there is every thought that they could once again go into a coalition with the Tories, as in 2010.

Steady as she ges seem to be the watchword at the moment. there is little point announcing anything yet as the Tiries continue t tear themselves apart. With the end of ukip and Farages lastest mpney making wheeze Deform only winning a paltry 6 seats on Friday the Tories will begin to rein in the loonies and move towaards the cenytte ground.

So trying to avoid giving the rightwing press any sliver to cling to. They've tried the so called 'cultural wars' They have attempted firing up the 'wokey cokeys, both of which have failed (see polling). Expect another line of attack to be sought out. The job is being one step ahead and countering it before it gains any traction.

Will the Labour be the government of radical change, yes. How radical, that will have to be seen. Certainly not at the level of Attlee in 1945, when a country that was 'bankrupt' launched the NHS. A comprehensive house building programme was begun and failing railways in need of investment were taken under government ownership.

The NHS needs to be properly funded, and there is a need for a massive housebuilding programme. As to the railways and other utilities, pretty much all are owned by EU state owned companies..... who are being paid billions in dividends. Money that should be used towards cleaning up the rivers. Cutting energy prices and investing in the UK railway.

Only a lunatic Tory government would see the utilities and railways owned as they presently are. Used by EU governments to subsidise their own utilities and railways.

Rome wasn't built in a day, so it will be one step at a time up to the election. Speed the day.
Starmer. on 06:38 - May 10 with 3168 viewsnoggin

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Starmer. on 08:34 - May 10 with 3019 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m mildly supportive of Starmer but he does seem to flip flop very quickly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starmer. on 08:35 - May 10 with 3022 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Starmer. on 01:25 - May 10 by HARRY10

Therein lies the dilemma. For all the talk of the PR danger there is still the knowledge that a fair umber of voters for the Libdems at the next election will be former Tory voters, and there is every thought that they could once again go into a coalition with the Tories, as in 2010.

Steady as she ges seem to be the watchword at the moment. there is little point announcing anything yet as the Tiries continue t tear themselves apart. With the end of ukip and Farages lastest mpney making wheeze Deform only winning a paltry 6 seats on Friday the Tories will begin to rein in the loonies and move towaards the cenytte ground.

So trying to avoid giving the rightwing press any sliver to cling to. They've tried the so called 'cultural wars' They have attempted firing up the 'wokey cokeys, both of which have failed (see polling). Expect another line of attack to be sought out. The job is being one step ahead and countering it before it gains any traction.

Will the Labour be the government of radical change, yes. How radical, that will have to be seen. Certainly not at the level of Attlee in 1945, when a country that was 'bankrupt' launched the NHS. A comprehensive house building programme was begun and failing railways in need of investment were taken under government ownership.

The NHS needs to be properly funded, and there is a need for a massive housebuilding programme. As to the railways and other utilities, pretty much all are owned by EU state owned companies..... who are being paid billions in dividends. Money that should be used towards cleaning up the rivers. Cutting energy prices and investing in the UK railway.

Only a lunatic Tory government would see the utilities and railways owned as they presently are. Used by EU governments to subsidise their own utilities and railways.

Rome wasn't built in a day, so it will be one step at a time up to the election. Speed the day.

Not like you to be so forgiving Harry so I should probably draw your attention to the fact that he is looking increasingly portly!! So now what?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Starmer. on 09:39 - May 10 with 2931 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmer is anti-democratic and authoritarian, fetishizes and lusts after establishment power and is up there with Johnson as one of the biggest cheats and liars we’ve ever seen in UK politics.

Yet we’re told that he and the similarly empty Labour right around him are the sensible alternative ...

Good times.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer. on 09:47 - May 10 with 2898 viewsMattinLondon

Starmer. on 09:39 - May 10 by Darth_Koont

Starmer is anti-democratic and authoritarian, fetishizes and lusts after establishment power and is up there with Johnson as one of the biggest cheats and liars we’ve ever seen in UK politics.

Yet we’re told that he and the similarly empty Labour right around him are the sensible alternative ...

Good times.

He isn’t up there with Boris, that’s ridiculous. You can say with authority that Keir is too vanilla and is far too in the soft centre. But in a personal level he isn’t anywhere near Boris’s levels of deceit and dishonour.
Starmer. on 10:07 - May 10 with 2853 viewsDJR

Here's an interesting article on Starmer's frequent changes of mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/09/first-edition-keir-starmer-labour-

Here's one particularly damning paragraph from the article.

"You might think that [the anti-monarchy] arrests, which were underpinned by the controversial new Public Order Act, create a clear political dividing line — and that you know which side of it Keir Starmer and the Labour opposition would fall on. You would be wrong."

As Groucho Marx once memorably put it-

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”
[Post edited 10 May 2023 10:11]
Starmer. on 10:16 - May 10 with 2798 viewsDJR

Starmer. on 09:47 - May 10 by MattinLondon

He isn’t up there with Boris, that’s ridiculous. You can say with authority that Keir is too vanilla and is far too in the soft centre. But in a personal level he isn’t anywhere near Boris’s levels of deceit and dishonour.

Starmer. on 10:24 - May 10 with 2771 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmer. on 09:47 - May 10 by MattinLondon

Only if you totally ignore all his broken leadership pledges and his dishonesty as he tries to purge anyone left of Gordon Brown.

The man is easily as dishonest as Johnson – ironically, just less open about it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Starmer. on 10:26 - May 10 with 2754 viewschicoazul

What do you expect from a cop?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Starmer. on 10:33 - May 10 with 2717 viewsJ2BLUE

He is about as inspiring as a boiled potato. Unfortunately though, with our ridiculous FPTP system, there are only two choices. One is a terrible choice. The other is marginally better.

Despite the fact he's the most likely, I still can't picture him as PM which is odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Starmer. on 10:44 - May 10 with 2670 viewswkj

Starmer. on 10:33 - May 10 by J2BLUE

He is about as inspiring as a boiled potato. Unfortunately though, with our ridiculous FPTP system, there are only two choices. One is a terrible choice. The other is marginally better.

Despite the fact he's the most likely, I still can't picture him as PM which is odd.

I would gladly take a boiled spud over the mashed potato thrown into a fan that was Boris. As for Sunak? He's just transitional from chaos to the new personality of the Tories - he's equally as unremarkable

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Starmer. on 10:46 - May 10 with 2655 viewsgiant_stow

Starmer. on 10:16 - May 10 by DJR

Owen Jones is getting a little weird over all this now. I get he feels affronted by Starmer's shifts or broken pledges - however you see them - but its nearly time to pick a side and right now, he's anti-labour.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Starmer. on 10:47 - May 10 with 2651 viewsDJR

Starmer. on 10:33 - May 10 by J2BLUE

I tend to think he just doesn't have the personality or communication skills to rise above the inevitable crises which will hit him when in office.

Blair had both of those in spades, whatever the underlying substance of anything he said.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 10:56]
Starmer. on 10:50 - May 10 with 2624 viewsDJR

Starmer. on 10:46 - May 10 by giant_stow

Owen Jones is getting a little weird over all this now. I get he feels affronted by Starmer's shifts or broken pledges - however you see them - but its nearly time to pick a side and right now, he's anti-labour.

I posted this because of what Margaret Hodge said.

And as someone who voted for Starmer, I am entitled to feel buyer's remorse.

But I will still vote Labour, despite grave misgivings on many issues, not least its reluctance to stand up for progressive issues.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 10:52]
Starmer. on 10:51 - May 10 with 2613 viewsGeoffSentence

I hope, I really hope, that this is just a case of trying not to interrupt the Tories whilst they are fecking things up for themselves.

However, I'm not sure about that and am disappointed that the Labour Party are allowing themselves to support this gross authoritarianism.

Mind you,vote wise it doesn't make too much odds to me, I will be voting for whomever is most likely to get rid of the tories and round here, it's not them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Starmer. on 10:56 - May 10 with 2549 viewsMattinLondon

Starmer. on 10:26 - May 10 by chicoazul

What do you expect from a cop?

A cop?
Starmer. on 10:57 - May 10 with 2529 viewsgiant_stow

Starmer. on 10:50 - May 10 by DJR

I posted this because of what Margaret Hodge said.

And as someone who voted for Starmer, I am entitled to feel buyer's remorse.

But I will still vote Labour, despite grave misgivings on many issues, not least its reluctance to stand up for progressive issues.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 10:52]

I didn't mean my comments as an attack on you DJR - just that I read Jones on Twitter every day and am almost worried for him. In affect, he's becoming a Tory attack dog and I'm not sure thats how he wants to come over.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Starmer. on 10:59 - May 10 with 2485 viewsJ2BLUE

Starmer. on 10:57 - May 10 by giant_stow

I didn't mean my comments as an attack on you DJR - just that I read Jones on Twitter every day and am almost worried for him. In affect, he's becoming a Tory attack dog and I'm not sure thats how he wants to come over.

just that I read Jones on Twitter every day

Why do you hate yourself?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Starmer. on 11:04 - May 10 with 2457 viewsDJR

Starmer. on 10:57 - May 10 by giant_stow

No worries at all.

I have always been a bit dubious about Owen Jones, who always struck me as being rather shallow. But I do think he is one of the very few people in the mainstream media questioning what is going on in the Labour Party under Starmer. Of course, that might then come across as anti-Labour but he does reflect the views of many on the left, like me, who are not particularly happy with the direction of travel. And many of us are not Corbynistas.

And what he is saying does, in effect, reflect the views of many not on the left who do wonder what Labour actually stands for.
Starmer. on 11:05 - May 10 with 2448 viewsgiant_stow

Starmer. on 10:59 - May 10 by J2BLUE

just that I read Jones on Twitter every day

Why do you hate yourself?

chuckle, too many reason to mention!

I like to read various opinions, even if I don't agree - this is also why i'd never ignore anyone on here - him, Bastini and Ash Sarkar are gotos for me, along with the prick Hodges and assorted other righties on the other side.

Starmer. on 11:08 - May 10 with 2418 viewsitfcjoe

Starmer. on 10:46 - May 10 by giant_stow

Owen Jones is eating himself in an attempt to be even more pious at every step of the journey.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024