Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? 20:35 - Feb 16 with 2588 views3_5_2

It’s just that I’ve seen quite a lot of people on various platforms saying we shouldn’t be unhappy about seemingly throwing our good league position away.

It seems we are now hoping for a play off spot, where by some miracle we will beat teams from the top 6, which we have failed to do so far this season.

I’ve even seen someone suggest that after 11th and 9th then 11th, anything above that is progress.

I guess technically finishing 8th is “progress” but just a small part of me thinks we should be doing a a tad better, given the money we have spent etc.

But at least the tannoy system is a bit better now

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:40 - Feb 16 with 2102 viewsjayessess

I never think it's particularly productive to get on the team's back but I don't think anyone has suggested that feeling disappointed isn't OK?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 2081 viewsHerbivore

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:40 - Feb 16 by jayessess

I never think it's particularly productive to get on the team's back but I don't think anyone has suggested that feeling disappointed isn't OK?

Not seen anyone say anything close to that to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 2085 viewsStewart27

You’re wrong.

The tannoy system is terrible.
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:45 - Feb 16 with 2060 viewsgringoblue

Of course it is ok! Apart from the odd headbanger, we are all gutted at how the last 6-8 weeks have panned out. I've been in a foul mood after watching some recent games, but it doesn't do any good being a miserable sod does it? My little boy watches the games, enjoys the goals, has a little moment when we do something silly, then goes back to enjoying life and kicks a ball around in the garden. It puts things in perspective a little bit.
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:45 - Feb 16 with 2054 viewsWeirdFishes

I can't hear a word of what is said over the tannoy in the SBRL.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

It's a P.A. system.... on 20:48 - Feb 16 with 2048 viewsBloots

...."Tannoy" is a brand name.

Aha!

Back of the net.

Kiss my face.

Monkey tennis.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:50 - Feb 16 with 2029 views3_5_2

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:41 - Feb 16 by Stewart27

You’re wrong.

The tannoy system is terrible.

I did say “better

Now we are on the subject, bring back Rob Chandler

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:00 - Feb 16 with 2000 viewsgtsb1966

After all those years of nothing it was the feeling that this REALLY is the year. The disappointment that we are f****** it up is probably even harder to take given the tools at our disposal.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 1919 viewsGuthrum

No! Smile, it's compulsory.

In all seriousness, if anyone is not disappointed by the way things have gone over the last few months, they are either deranged, or on powerful drugs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's a P.A. system.... on 21:28 - Feb 16 with 1865 viewsIllinoisblue

It's a P.A. system.... on 20:48 - Feb 16 by Bloots

...."Tannoy" is a brand name.

Aha!

Back of the net.

Kiss my face.

Monkey tennis.

Nobody mention the Portakabin!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:31 - Feb 16 with 1864 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everyone’s disappointed. It’s how people deal with the disappoint that providing the entertainment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:38 - Feb 16 with 1836 viewsRonFearonsHair

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:50 - Feb 16 by 3_5_2

I did say “better

Now we are on the subject, bring back Rob Chandler

I was thinking earlier today that it's a sure sign we're not doing so well when the complaints toward the PA guy get pushed aside.
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 23:54 - Feb 16 with 1634 viewshomer_123

Show me anyone who isn't disappointed with our drop off in form.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 04:16 - Feb 17 with 1514 viewstextbackup

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:31 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

Everyone’s disappointed. It’s how people deal with the disappoint that providing the entertainment.

Personally I wouldn’t say it’s entertaining seeing fellow fans getting worked up.

We are all in this together. Just because one person believes they are cool calm and collected over the poor form, doesn’t mean they should enjoy seeing others losing their sht over it.

IMO

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 07:51 - Feb 17 with 1305 viewsChurchman

In the cold light of day, I am quite analytical by nature and I like to take a broader view of what the club is doing and where it is heading. In the last two years, the club has come a long way since the appalling Evans oblivion years and is recovering.

However, the reality is I’m absolutely gutted about the last few months. Disappointed doesn’t cover it. We had a real chance this season and have wasted it. We should have done better. We’ve not been good enough. Top one should have been the target. Top two an achievable aim, top six the bare acceptable minimum, followed by understanding why we failed to make top two.

We may make the play offs, but realistically the last three months say we are a mid table team so I think it unlikely. There are no excuses. I’ve seen luck, injuries, weather, referees mentioned. Not interested. It’s a long season and you finish exactly where you deserve. The opposition has improved and worked us out. We’ve got weaker.

Measuring how we are doing against the past few seasons is for me pretty irrelevant. Progress should be measured against where we should be with what we have after the change of ownership and all that’s been put in place. We are competing in League One for goodness sake.

On Saturday we play a professional team with a tiny fraction of our resources, yet they will relish the prospect and will look to get at least a point. They should be coming here knowing in their hearts that they’ve no chance, as they would if they were going to SW or PA.

Accountability sits with KM, his coaches and the players. He and they need supporting, not replacing, but in return they must improve and deliver.

This is a long winded way of saying no, 8th would not represent progress.
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 08:28 - Feb 17 with 1202 viewsOldFart71

Perhaps the question we should be asking ourselves is not "Are we, or should we feel disappointed" but is this team in anyway capable of getting out of Division One should they not achieve it via the playoffs this season. Many young fans will have before them years to maybe see that happen. I personally won't heading towards my mid 70's. I hope it happens, if not now at the very least next season. But as the EADT guys alluded to are we a Championship team, playing or trying to play Championship football in League One. Have we the nous. The little niggly fouls, the grinding out of results, the wasting time, the ruthlessness both in the forward line and defence. At present it doesn't seem that way. A win tomorrow may make us feel better. But it's the game after that and the one following that that determines the outcome.
Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 08:35 - Feb 17 with 1182 viewsDubtractor

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 04:16 - Feb 17 by textbackup

Personally I wouldn’t say it’s entertaining seeing fellow fans getting worked up.

We are all in this together. Just because one person believes they are cool calm and collected over the poor form, doesn’t mean they should enjoy seeing others losing their sht over it.

IMO

That's fair. Though I'd suggest that those mocking people for trying to be optimistic aren't helping either.

Personally I'm gutted with how 2023 has gone so far, I've been convinced all season that this was the one for us, even as the draws started to pile up, but the top 2 has gone now.

We need to keep the positivity and support going though, because getting sh1tty with each other and the team ain't gonna help. That's why I give short shrift to those seemingly revelling in our bad form, starting umpteen threads a day to pour relentless negative takes on the situation.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is getting silly on 08:41 - Feb 17 with 1169 viewsDyland

Where are all these people saying we shouldn't be unhappy about our form? Or that 8th would be progress? If it's true they must be on twitter and FB or whatever?

I'm guessing there are a large number of regular posters on TWTD who don't engage to the same extent with ITFC talk on any other social media? I like to thin so anyway.

Entering the undoubtedly valid debate about our form with a false premise or straw man is beyond enervating, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Same here on 08:47 - Feb 17 with 1144 viewsDyland

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 07:51 - Feb 17 by Churchman

In the cold light of day, I am quite analytical by nature and I like to take a broader view of what the club is doing and where it is heading. In the last two years, the club has come a long way since the appalling Evans oblivion years and is recovering.

However, the reality is I’m absolutely gutted about the last few months. Disappointed doesn’t cover it. We had a real chance this season and have wasted it. We should have done better. We’ve not been good enough. Top one should have been the target. Top two an achievable aim, top six the bare acceptable minimum, followed by understanding why we failed to make top two.

We may make the play offs, but realistically the last three months say we are a mid table team so I think it unlikely. There are no excuses. I’ve seen luck, injuries, weather, referees mentioned. Not interested. It’s a long season and you finish exactly where you deserve. The opposition has improved and worked us out. We’ve got weaker.

Measuring how we are doing against the past few seasons is for me pretty irrelevant. Progress should be measured against where we should be with what we have after the change of ownership and all that’s been put in place. We are competing in League One for goodness sake.

On Saturday we play a professional team with a tiny fraction of our resources, yet they will relish the prospect and will look to get at least a point. They should be coming here knowing in their hearts that they’ve no chance, as they would if they were going to SW or PA.

Accountability sits with KM, his coaches and the players. He and they need supporting, not replacing, but in return they must improve and deliver.

This is a long winded way of saying no, 8th would not represent progress.

Feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. I'm fed up with my blood pressure going through the roof in annoyance.

However, people talking about another false dawn are really wide of the mark. The problem is simply that many kind of assumed this was the season and we'd (relatively) easily make autos. The fact that is now beyond unlikely doesn't mean we should give up.

What the owners will do is out of our control but they won't be fudging around like MEG that's for sure, and if you can't trust them to make a sensible call there's probably not much point supporting ITFC at the moment.

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 08:49 - Feb 17 with 1138 viewsDyland

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 21:00 - Feb 16 by gtsb1966

After all those years of nothing it was the feeling that this REALLY is the year. The disappointment that we are f****** it up is probably even harder to take given the tools at our disposal.

Indeed. And added to that, this being a season to d something... when that something is getting out of the third fooking division. It's really very disappointing and annoying.

Same here on 08:55 - Feb 17 with 1119 viewsitfcjoe

Same here on 08:47 - Feb 17 by Dyland

Feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. I'm fed up with my blood pressure going through the roof in annoyance.

However, people talking about another false dawn are really wide of the mark. The problem is simply that many kind of assumed this was the season and we'd (relatively) easily make autos. The fact that is now beyond unlikely doesn't mean we should give up.

What the owners will do is out of our control but they won't be fudging around like MEG that's for sure, and if you can't trust them to make a sensible call there's probably not much point supporting ITFC at the moment.

Whilst our form has dropped off, I don't think we were ever ready to put together a 100 point season which is what looks like it'll be needed to have kept pace with Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth.

Our last 5 home games in the league have seen wins over Posh, Oxford, Morecambe plus draws with the 2 best sides in this league in Sheff Weds and Plymouth.

Our home run in is very sift, we can prob pick up enough points needed for the POs just at Portman Road between now and May, but you'd assume that momentum should help tip our away form round.

Then people say we can't beat anyone in the top 6.....bar Plymouth at Home Park, nearly every game between us Wednesday, Derby, Plymouth, Barnsley, Bolton is a draw. No one is beating anyone in that mini league.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Innit on 08:57 - Feb 17 with 1115 viewsDyland

Same here on 08:55 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

Whilst our form has dropped off, I don't think we were ever ready to put together a 100 point season which is what looks like it'll be needed to have kept pace with Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth.

Our last 5 home games in the league have seen wins over Posh, Oxford, Morecambe plus draws with the 2 best sides in this league in Sheff Weds and Plymouth.

Our home run in is very sift, we can prob pick up enough points needed for the POs just at Portman Road between now and May, but you'd assume that momentum should help tip our away form round.

Then people say we can't beat anyone in the top 6.....bar Plymouth at Home Park, nearly every game between us Wednesday, Derby, Plymouth, Barnsley, Bolton is a draw. No one is beating anyone in that mini league.

But let's not bring reality into this thread Joers.

Get lost with your perspective nonsense on 08:59 - Feb 17 with 1110 viewsDyland

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 20:45 - Feb 16 by gringoblue

Of course it is ok! Apart from the odd headbanger, we are all gutted at how the last 6-8 weeks have panned out. I've been in a foul mood after watching some recent games, but it doesn't do any good being a miserable sod does it? My little boy watches the games, enjoys the goals, has a little moment when we do something silly, then goes back to enjoying life and kicks a ball around in the garden. It puts things in perspective a little bit.

Typical happy clapper innit.

:)

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 09:07 - Feb 17 with 1084 viewsclive_baker

Of course it's disappointing. We've spent a decent chunk of change with a view to getting promoted, and recent results haven't been at a level that will make that a reality.

Having said that it's not all doom and gloom, we're in the mix, we need to keep our heads and hit reset a little bit. We've got a good opportunity tomorrow to put in a performance and get the 3 points, hit that 60 point mark with 42 left to play for and see how many of them we can get.

Hopefully we can win tomorrow, we'll have a full week to get us ready for MK Dons where we have a huge following and a chance to find some form. It's all ifs and buts but back to back wins in these next 2 would leave us unbeaten in 6 with 12 points, 2ppg which wouldn't be a bad run rate and give everyone a bit of optimism into a home double header vs. Burton and Accrington. If it's to be the playoffs rather than top 2 which is looking likely then lets get comfortable with that, get behind the team and go and win them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Shut up with your balanced view on 09:15 - Feb 17 with 1067 viewsDyland

Is it ok to feel disappointed about our form? on 09:07 - Feb 17 by clive_baker

Of course it's disappointing. We've spent a decent chunk of change with a view to getting promoted, and recent results haven't been at a level that will make that a reality.

Having said that it's not all doom and gloom, we're in the mix, we need to keep our heads and hit reset a little bit. We've got a good opportunity tomorrow to put in a performance and get the 3 points, hit that 60 point mark with 42 left to play for and see how many of them we can get.

Hopefully we can win tomorrow, we'll have a full week to get us ready for MK Dons where we have a huge following and a chance to find some form. It's all ifs and buts but back to back wins in these next 2 would leave us unbeaten in 6 with 12 points, 2ppg which wouldn't be a bad run rate and give everyone a bit of optimism into a home double header vs. Burton and Accrington. If it's to be the playoffs rather than top 2 which is looking likely then lets get comfortable with that, get behind the team and go and win them.

We want relentless negativity ffs. Bloody happy clapper.

N.B. I did not clap the bloody idiots off the pitch when we were relegated, I left immediately in a state of discombobulation at a) the relegation and b) the noise from the NS.

COYFB :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024