Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi is fecking lazy 20:36 - Nov 30 with 1485 viewsGeoffSentence

Just saunters around most of the time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Messi is fecking lazy on 20:54 - Nov 30 with 1454 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ha! Makes it look easy doesn’t he? Ok, he’s not as electric as he was, but he’s run this game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Messi is fecking lazy on 21:21 - Nov 30 with 1428 viewsGeoffSentence

Messi is fecking lazy on 20:54 - Nov 30 by Swansea_Blue

Ha! Makes it look easy doesn’t he? Ok, he’s not as electric as he was, but he’s run this game.

He does. It's like a jedi mind trick. He just wanders around quietly for a bit until everyone has forgotten about him, then all of a sudden he's in space with the ball surging towards goal.

Messi is fecking lazy on 22:02 - Nov 30 with 1378 viewsWeWereZombies

His agent has shown him the Jonathan Douglas YouTube and advised him to play like that so he gets the big career move to Town...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Messi is fecking lazy on 22:08 - Nov 30 with 1363 viewsdominiciawful

His play-acting in the penalty incident was embarrassing tbh.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Messi is fecking lazy on 23:20 - Nov 30 with 1279 viewsStenvict

Exactly the same for PSG, and add Mbappe and Neymar to that. Luckily they do enough in offensive areas to get by.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Messi is fecking lazy on 08:22 - Dec 1 with 1164 viewsRobTheMonk

It's amazing how he finds space by, well, not really moving much. He just seems to have an innate ability to know where to be. If you watch him, he never stops looking around so he doesn't need time on the ball as he's already mapped out where everyone is.

The caveat being that you need runners around him and some defensive stability.

Against a world class team, I don't think you can get away with it as much. PSG tend to dominate the French league, but when they come up against someone in the Champions League that knows what they're doing, they generally get found out.
Messi is fecking lazy on 08:32 - Dec 1 with 1151 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was incredible last night. Best player on the pitch by miles.

Didn't get his goal but he is just levels above everyone. He just glides around the pitch like its a training match. It's exactly what he's been doing for PSG so well this season.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Messi is fecking lazy on 08:39 - Dec 1 with 1142 viewsRobTheMonk

Messi is fecking lazy on 08:32 - Dec 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

He was incredible last night. Best player on the pitch by miles.

Didn't get his goal but he is just levels above everyone. He just glides around the pitch like its a training match. It's exactly what he's been doing for PSG so well this season.

What's crazy is this isn't even the best version of Messi. I've recently been leaning towards Messi in the Messi vs Ronaldo debate.
Login to get fewer ads

Messi is fecking lazy on 09:16 - Dec 1 with 1095 viewsChrisd

Messi is fecking lazy on 08:22 - Dec 1 by RobTheMonk

It's amazing how he finds space by, well, not really moving much. He just seems to have an innate ability to know where to be. If you watch him, he never stops looking around so he doesn't need time on the ball as he's already mapped out where everyone is.

The caveat being that you need runners around him and some defensive stability.

Against a world class team, I don't think you can get away with it as much. PSG tend to dominate the French league, but when they come up against someone in the Champions League that knows what they're doing, they generally get found out.

Argentina were certainly better last night, but they still remind me of Arsenal under Arsene Wenger during his latter years, they have one way of playing and try and walk the ball into the net. They'll get found out against the better sides or those that will work hard against them. I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussies don't try to adopt the Saudi's game plan against them in the next round.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 9:47]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Messi is fecking lazy on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 1066 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Messi is fecking lazy on 08:39 - Dec 1 by RobTheMonk

What's crazy is this isn't even the best version of Messi. I've recently been leaning towards Messi in the Messi vs Ronaldo debate.

I mean everyone has their own opinion. I'm one of those people who genuinely doesn't see it as a debate.

As footballers, I don't think they are comparable. Messi is streets ahead in my eyes. Better Passer, Better dribbler, better finisher, better goal scorer as well if you look at goals per game/minute. Ronaldo is a superb poacher and a physical machine. But he can't run a game like Messi can.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Messi is fecking lazy on 10:19 - Dec 1 with 988 viewsleitrimblue

He could have done with a few years of being managed by Mick. Mick would have put some manners on him and had him tracking back nicely
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 10:27]
Messi is fecking lazy on 15:27 - Dec 1 with 813 viewsVic

Messi is fecking lazy on 21:21 - Nov 30 by GeoffSentence

He does. It's like a jedi mind trick. He just wanders around quietly for a bit until everyone has forgotten about him, then all of a sudden he's in space with the ball surging towards goal.

You mean, he's learnt well from the master of the art - Jonathon Douglas?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Messi is fecking lazy on 17:45 - Dec 1 with 770 viewsGeoffSentence

Messi is fecking lazy on 15:27 - Dec 1 by Vic

You mean, he's learnt well from the master of the art - Jonathon Douglas?

Not entirely, I did say 'surging towards goal' rather than 'ambling around in the middle'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024