Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game 15:21 - Dec 1 with 692 viewsDubtractor

Penalty looked soft in fairness, but that was an infuriating use of VAR.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 15:36 - Dec 1 with 650 viewsIllinoisblue

This says it best. (I don’t think the actual penalty decision was correct though; looked a dive from the Croat)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 15:51 - Dec 1 with 630 viewsSE1blue

It's not much better in the Canada and Morocco game.

Morocco just had a very onside goal ruled out for offside.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:03 - Dec 1 with 591 viewstonybied

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 15:36 - Dec 1 by Illinoisblue

This says it best. (I don’t think the actual penalty decision was correct though; looked a dive from the Croat)

Isn't VAR supposed to intervene when it's a clear and obvious error? I could understand if they overruled the actual penalty decision as I'm not even sure there was contact but that is not a clearly wrong offside decision by the officials on the pitch.
Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:12 - Dec 1 with 569 viewsIllinoisblue

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:03 - Dec 1 by tonybied

Isn't VAR supposed to intervene when it's a clear and obvious error? I could understand if they overruled the actual penalty decision as I'm not even sure there was contact but that is not a clearly wrong offside decision by the officials on the pitch.

That is the lie we were sold, yes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:12 - Dec 1 with 570 viewsWeWereZombies

I think you did well to stay awake that far into the match to be honest, very dull fare.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:17 - Dec 1 with 554 viewsDubtractor

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:12 - Dec 1 by WeWereZombies

I think you did well to stay awake that far into the match to be honest, very dull fare.

Belgium are bloody dreadful aren't they? So, so poor. For a team that need to win they are offering nothing at all.

Edit: Ha, that was almost perfect timing!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 16:20]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:26 - Dec 1 with 524 viewsLankHenners

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 16:03 - Dec 1 by tonybied

Problem is that the clear and obvious line was flawed from the start as there'll always be a point where something moves from being obvious to being harder to judge but you can't really go 'it's a bit close so we won't bother checking properly' as teams will feel cheated and we'll just be having the same conversations about what constitutes clear and obvious.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Absolute nonsense VAR offside in the Croatia v Belgium game on 17:43 - Dec 1 with 456 viewsEastTownBlue

Offsides are seen as factual decisions. They are using semi automated technology in this tournament which is supposedly a step up. I very much doubt these very borderline offside decisions were ever part of the original thinking of VAR but once the technology is there…

The PL website has this in relation to “clear and obvious”:

“But factual decisions such as offsides, and the issue of whether a player is inside or outside the penalty area, are not subject to the "clear and obvious" test.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024