Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) 21:58 - Oct 25 with 2317 viewstractorboy1978

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 25 with 2293 viewsbilllm

Best player on the park, brilliant full debut,
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 25 with 2235 viewsFrimleyBlue

Once Evans is back I'd like to see Humphreys in the Chaplin role, think he'd flourish there.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:06 - Oct 25 with 2218 viewsmjw_1983

Probably most consistent player tonight, but that wasn’t to the level we need to be at. I also thought Edwards played well, other than that maybe Keogh and burgess the only 2 that didn’t make errors 😂
What I did like about humphrys was his energy even late in the game with tracking back and making forward runs. Found himself out of position a couple of times but should be proud of himself, he’s not ready for weekly games and will not push evans out.
Play him and Morsy Saturday (n/t) on 22:07 - Oct 25 with 2191 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:09 - Oct 25 with 2157 viewsRobTheMonk

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 25 by FrimleyBlue

Once Evans is back I'd like to see Humphreys in the Chaplin role, think he'd flourish there.

Agreed. Better passer too.
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:24 - Oct 25 with 2038 viewsxrayspecs

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:00 - Oct 25 by billlm

Best player on the park, brilliant full debut,

Great game tonight. It is though really difficult for young players to perform at their best week after week. A combination of physical and mental fatigue.

I coached juniors and adults (another sport) and the science and data says that you cannot expect a 19 year old to consistently perform at the same level as a 25 year old.

Delighted for Humphreys, it is good to know that he is an option as a starter but he is a few seasons away from being a regular starter.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 22:25]
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 1967 viewsStokieBlue

Why would you want to play him out of position?

Especially when Edwards is playing so well and should be getting the nod ahead of Chaplin.

Hot takes flowing fast from you tonight.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 25 with 1972 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:24 - Oct 25 by xrayspecs

Great game tonight. It is though really difficult for young players to perform at their best week after week. A combination of physical and mental fatigue.

I coached juniors and adults (another sport) and the science and data says that you cannot expect a 19 year old to consistently perform at the same level as a 25 year old.

Delighted for Humphreys, it is good to know that he is an option as a starter but he is a few seasons away from being a regular starter.

Needs to get increasing amounts of game time each season. Following a similar trajectory to Woolfenden at the moment (who I also thought had a very good debut before we sent him out on loan).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:28 - Oct 25 with 1926 viewsDinDjarin

He will be back on the bench Saturday but has shown what he can do in a very tough fixture and now has the taste for it. Is going to be an immense player and still only 18
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:34 - Oct 25 with 1878 viewsChurchman

Play him in his best position and play him sparingly. He’s going to get opportunities in what is a long season. It’s only October.

We have a strong squad and can afford to look after him. His debut tonight in a tough game is a real highlight. He’s a proper player and a real asset to the squad.
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:36 - Oct 25 with 1845 viewsxrayspecs

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Needs to get increasing amounts of game time each season. Following a similar trajectory to Woolfenden at the moment (who I also thought had a very good debut before we sent him out on loan).

I agree. KM has decided that CH will develop faster being part of the first team squad and playing occasionally rather than going out on loan to L2, where he is more likely to be kicked off the pitch.

CH travels with the first team, is part of the pre match warm ups when not in the 18, it is a sensible introduction, and when he gets his chance, like tonight, he was great. We cannot expect hiM to be able to do this week in, week out, it will take a while for him to be a first team regular, but he is getting training time and first team opportunities.

Not many 19 year olds playing regularly in L1, we should appreciate his potential and support him over the next few seasons as he transitions from being a prospect to (hopefully) being the real deal.
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:37 - Oct 25 with 1807 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

Why would you want to play him out of position?

Especially when Edwards is playing so well and should be getting the nod ahead of Chaplin.

Hot takes flowing fast from you tonight.

SB

I don't feel he's better than Evans or morsy... yet.
But feel he has attributes that could be well suited in the Chaplin role. We don't really have many players in that 10 role who can hold the ball. Humphries was excellent with this tonight imo.

I'd personally have Edwards in place of harness just like this evening.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2022 22:39]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:38 - Oct 25 with 1797 viewsBluecasp

Best debut since Phil Whelan
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:46 - Oct 25 with 1685 viewsxrayspecs

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:38 - Oct 25 by Bluecasp

Best debut since Phil Whelan

Southend away? I still have the anti climb substance they smeared on their fences on my hands, Super toxic.
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:49 - Oct 25 with 1636 viewsmadmouse1959

Super stuff Cameron.

shampoo dave

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:53 - Oct 25 with 1585 viewsgainsboroughblue

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:46 - Oct 25 by xrayspecs

Southend away? I still have the anti climb substance they smeared on their fences on my hands, Super toxic.

And Cambridge had it as well that year. I was in the seats at Southend.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:54 - Oct 25 with 1568 viewsSomethingBlue

Really, really important that he came in and did so well. Wouldn't be at all surprised to hear Evans is out for some time (tho this might be out of date within minutes, let's hope so), and having the diverse options of Ball, Humphreys and Camara to partner Morsy will soften that blow significantly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:34 - Oct 26 with 1189 viewsitfcjoe

Thought he was excellent after a tough first 15-20 minutes there - started getting on the ball and using it well, covering every blade of grass and some sterling defensive work winning the ball back.

Topped off with an excellent goal and basically an assist as well - an absolute star in the making - can see why the best footballer the youth system has produced in the last 40 years rates him so highly
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 8:34]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:40 - Oct 26 with 1144 viewsSwansea_Blue

Humphreys isn’t ready

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:51 - Oct 26 with 1108 viewsWickets

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:24 - Oct 25 by xrayspecs

Yes i agree lets keep his feet firmly on the ground plenty of time for him . Sam back Saturday .
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:57 - Oct 26 with 1084 viewshype313

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:34 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

Thought he was excellent after a tough first 15-20 minutes there - started getting on the ball and using it well, covering every blade of grass and some sterling defensive work winning the ball back.

Topped off with an excellent goal and basically an assist as well - an absolute star in the making - can see why the best footballer the youth system has produced in the last 40 years rates him so highly

That's some praise from Liam Gibbs

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:57 - Oct 26 with 1084 viewsbluestandard

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 22:27 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yep agree with this. Look at how Foden was developed at Man City for a good example of how to bring young players into the first team (0, 10, 26, 38, 50 appearances over first 5 seasons).
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 09:10 - Oct 26 with 1029 viewsMattinLondon

He’s probably mentally and technically ready but I don’t think his body is physically ready to play the majority of the remaining matches.

In the past too many of our promising youngsters have probably played too much when too young and developed injuries as they’re bodies weren’t strong enough to cope.
Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 10:17 - Oct 26 with 920 viewsVaughan8

Now tell me Humphreys isn't ready... (n/t) on 08:34 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

Yes you love Kieron Dyer. We get it haha

GLad he had a good game. The rate Evans and Morsy get booked we need some decent backups!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024