Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! 00:30 - Oct 21 with 4750 viewsbrazil1981

Heard whisper yesterday, don't know 100% true but someone with connections in Club told me...just saying!
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:32 - Oct 21 with 4724 viewsJ2BLUE

Really can't see that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:40 - Oct 21 with 4692 viewsbrazil1981

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:32 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

Really can't see that.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised...if Hurst is sacked (which personally I think is becoming more likely after today's performance), Bruce is just the sort Evans would go for!
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:42 - Oct 21 with 4677 viewsitfcjoe

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:32 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

Really can't see that.

Why not? Chances are he goes for someone as close to Mick who has shown he can keep us competitive in this league on a budget

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:04 - Oct 21 with 4625 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would take Bruce in a heartbeat. Warburton first but certainly wouldn’t be adverse to Bruce; and the worse our situation the more we need a Steve Bruce kind of manager.

Knows this league like the back of his hand and is often highly successfully in it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:11 - Oct 21 with 4601 viewsCoastalblue

Bruce probably fits the Evans bill in many ways, a "name", safe, experienced and will probably cost a fair whack but may be willing to accept restrictions to earn it.

That being said, personally I'd rather not but if we end up with him I'll give him my full support.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:44 - Oct 21 with 4529 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Bruce scored one of the most memorable goals AGAINST the club as a player, I can't envisage there'd be a surplus of Town fans who would welcome his appointment.

Then again that was some time in the past and what's done is done. Maybe some have elephantine animosity because of it but right now speaking impartially I don't view it as a viable option.

For one thing Hurst isn't going to quit or be fired any time soon so that leaves all other options as something immaterial. Furthermore Bruce doesn't seem to be having much success with his recent employers. Was a great player, the epitome of heart and bravery, but as for now has fallen away as a reliable managerial candidate. There would seem between zero chance and absolute minimal Steve Bruce could be in place at this club any time soon.
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 02:42 - Oct 21 with 4477 viewsJohnny_Boy

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:04 - Oct 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would take Bruce in a heartbeat. Warburton first but certainly wouldn’t be adverse to Bruce; and the worse our situation the more we need a Steve Bruce kind of manager.

Knows this league like the back of his hand and is often highly successfully in it.

You've been banging on about Warburton forever - yet you'd be happy to take Bruce 'in a heartbeat'.

Seriously. WTF?
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 06:22 - Oct 21 with 4284 viewsTractorWood

We are in no position to be choosey. I'd take him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 07:00 - Oct 21 with 4203 viewsChe

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:44 - Oct 21 by Minneapolis_ITFC

Bruce scored one of the most memorable goals AGAINST the club as a player, I can't envisage there'd be a surplus of Town fans who would welcome his appointment.

Then again that was some time in the past and what's done is done. Maybe some have elephantine animosity because of it but right now speaking impartially I don't view it as a viable option.

For one thing Hurst isn't going to quit or be fired any time soon so that leaves all other options as something immaterial. Furthermore Bruce doesn't seem to be having much success with his recent employers. Was a great player, the epitome of heart and bravery, but as for now has fallen away as a reliable managerial candidate. There would seem between zero chance and absolute minimal Steve Bruce could be in place at this club any time soon.

I saw him score that goal was he supposed to miss it because of a future job application.
He was a good player who was good enough for one of our greatest ever managers and his managerial pedigree is pretty bloody good.
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 07:50 - Oct 21 with 4025 viewsDeano69

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 01:11 - Oct 21 by Coastalblue

Bruce probably fits the Evans bill in many ways, a "name", safe, experienced and will probably cost a fair whack but may be willing to accept restrictions to earn it.

That being said, personally I'd rather not but if we end up with him I'll give him my full support.

He would rather spend £1-2million on a manager than £20m on players. Truth is with such a lack of investment in us, we need both.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 08:13 - Oct 21 with 3882 viewsElderGrizzly

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:42 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

Why not? Chances are he goes for someone as close to Mick who has shown he can keep us competitive in this league on a budget

Bruce and on a budget?!

Evans would have to loosen his wallet considerably
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 08:24 - Oct 21 with 3809 viewsGeoffSentence

Get him and Alex in as a centre back pairing. Shore up our fkng useless defence.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 08:40 - Oct 21 with 3726 viewsPJH

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 00:42 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

The person most likely to be able to sort this mess out and gain enough points to stay up is MM but as the chances pf his return are approximately zero then the next best thing is to get someone similar to MM.
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 09:03 - Oct 21 with 3603 viewsBLUEBEAT

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 07:50 - Oct 21 by Deano69

He would rather spend £1-2million on a manager than £20m on players. Truth is with such a lack of investment in us, we need both.

But then Evans plays his favourite get-out-of-jail card, FFP

Poll: W or W

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 09:05 - Oct 21 with 3587 viewswkj

I'd take him, hell, I'd take Fiona Bruce at this stage, both as manager and the way you are thinking

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 09:21 - Oct 21 with 3503 viewsTexaco73

Really?
The team is weak. Whomever Evans bring in, be it any old hand, he will need to spend big to buy championship quality at least to survive.

I can't see it. FFP and all that bull.

If he is going to do anything, then he needs to do it NOW. Give the next poor unfortunate manager a chance to assess the team and then back him in the January window.
I just don't see it.

He should have sacked Hurst after yesterday's shambles. To be honest if Evans had half a brain, he knew he was taking a risk with Hurst, and he should have put something in his contract about if we were in the bottom 3 by Nov, then he could terminate his contract without pay-off. Hurst was so cocky when he arrived he probably would have accepted it.
Easy with hindsight of course.
Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 09:51 - Oct 21 with 3385 viewsHerbivore

I really can't see Bruce coming here. He'd be on a hefty wage, he'd expect a decent transfer budget, and he knows he can probably get a better job than us. I'd take him though, he gets a lot of stick but he's managed for years in the top flight as well as at this level and he's not had many big failures. His teams aren't awful to watch either, if not the most exciting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 10:34 - Oct 21 with 3251 viewsgazzer1999

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 09:21 - Oct 21 by Texaco73

Really?
The team is weak. Whomever Evans bring in, be it any old hand, he will need to spend big to buy championship quality at least to survive.

I can't see it. FFP and all that bull.

If he is going to do anything, then he needs to do it NOW. Give the next poor unfortunate manager a chance to assess the team and then back him in the January window.
I just don't see it.

He should have sacked Hurst after yesterday's shambles. To be honest if Evans had half a brain, he knew he was taking a risk with Hurst, and he should have put something in his contract about if we were in the bottom 3 by Nov, then he could terminate his contract without pay-off. Hurst was so cocky when he arrived he probably would have accepted it.
Easy with hindsight of course.

Rumour has it he can be sacked by end of October with no compensation.
Regardless of perceived postives/negatives, MEG wouldn't pay expected wage (n/t) on 10:36 - Oct 21 with 3229 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Rumour Steve Bruce is being lined up by Evans! on 12:43 - Oct 21 with 3016 viewsstrikalite

Think Bruce would take it until the end of the season, we're bottom but not cut adrift(yet!)so just trying to keep us up he'd have little to lose, a different pressure to get Villa promoted that's for sure...a cool £1m if he can do it would be the incentive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024