Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... 17:23 - Sep 26 with 5710 viewsITFC_Forever

Hurst has to take some of the blame for this.

He would have known Walters was not fit when he named him on the bench the other day, and therefore by putting him on is risking his health and fitness further still - and so it proved.

Smacks of how desperate Hurst was / is..... and that he's given up at first team level on the 4-1-4-1 high-press, high-intensity, passing football (that the youths and reserves have adopted so well already).

Hurst has not had any joy with it, so is resorting to basic football out of panic / desperation / both, and as a result, we are getting worse, not better.

If (when?) Hurst fails, I would rather it be because his strategy and tactics that he deep-down believes in haven't worked, rather than abandoning his principles and thrashing about wildly with random, lucky dip throw-a-six-to-start formations and selections.

He needs a win now more than ever, otherwise he might not be long for this job and could easily set a very unwanted record of being the first ITFC manager not to win a single game.
He's very lucky ME is a patient man, and also that to sack him will be a massive loss of face for ME, who boldly proclaimed this was the most thorough and intensive search for the right man for the job we have done under his ownership.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 21:11]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:28 - Sep 26 with 4761 viewsReuser_is_God

Bang on.

Evans also loses one of his only strengths if he sacks Hurst now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:31 - Sep 26 with 4739 viewsWestover

I feel sorry for Walters at his age he would want to be playing, anyone know do Town still have to pay his wages?
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 4652 viewsCurrie10

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:31 - Sep 26 by Westover

I feel sorry for Walters at his age he would want to be playing, anyone know do Town still have to pay his wages?

We'll still have to pay the %%% agreed at the start for weekly wage.

Burnley are hardly going to loan him to us, and in the event of an injury with us say

' no problem lads. You pay £0 if that happens ' .
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:44 - Sep 26 with 4643 viewsGarv

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:43 - Sep 26 by Currie10

We'll still have to pay the %%% agreed at the start for weekly wage.

Burnley are hardly going to loan him to us, and in the event of an injury with us say

' no problem lads. You pay £0 if that happens ' .

That would be convenient for your argument.

'We don't know' is more accurate.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 4586 viewsCurrie10

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:44 - Sep 26 by Garv

That would be convenient for your argument.

'We don't know' is more accurate.

Course we're going to have to pay the wages.

No club in their right mind would loan a player out - and in the event he picked up an injury for said loan club - pay the wages agreed at the start.

The only way we won't continue to pay is if the loan is terminated. Otherwise, we will be paying.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 17:57]
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 4583 viewsITFC_Forever

And that’s all before we factor in the discontent breeding at a rate of knots behind the scenes, caused by PH and Deputy Doig.

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 4557 viewsBloomBlue

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:31 - Sep 26 by Westover

All players are insured against long term injuries so even if we are paying his wages the insurance company will be paying it.
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:00 - Sep 26 with 4540 viewsHorseboy

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:57 - Sep 26 by BloomBlue

All players are insured against long term injuries so even if we are paying his wages the insurance company will be paying it.

Are you 100% sure we have this?

Some clubs do, some don't which I've read in the past.
Login to get fewer ads

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:32 - Sep 26 with 4395 viewsstrikalite

" who boldly proclaimed this was the most thorough and intensive search for the right man for the job we have done under his ownership."

Don't bring me good Generals, bring me lucky ones...

Hurst unfortunately has no luck at all..
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:37 - Sep 26 with 4372 viewsBluefish

You are very melt like these days. Footballer trains and passed fitness test so the footballer plays. New injuries are bad luck, they were bad luck last year under Mick and they are bad luck under Hurst. All clubs have ups and down in this kind of luck but only morons flounce and blame the manager.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:42 - Sep 26 with 4345 viewsITFC_Forever

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:37 - Sep 26 by Bluefish

You are very melt like these days. Footballer trains and passed fitness test so the footballer plays. New injuries are bad luck, they were bad luck last year under Mick and they are bad luck under Hurst. All clubs have ups and down in this kind of luck but only morons flounce and blame the manager.

Not melting, just very concerned.

The signs are increasing pointing to Hurst being out of his depth, doubting himself and therefore making rash and panicked decisions, rather than sticking to what he believes in at heart.

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:44 - Sep 26 with 4333 viewsBluefish

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:42 - Sep 26 by ITFC_Forever

The signs are increasing pointing to Hurst being out of his depth, doubting himself and therefore making rash and panicked decisions, rather than sticking to what he believes in at heart.

Whatever signs might be there at this early stage have not changed at all by a player getting injured. Less flouncey panicking and more supporting is required

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:59 - Sep 26 with 4269 viewsjas0999

The damage was done long before. Selling or releasing three solid Championship experienced strikers; replacing with just two with no experience at this level.

The blame for me is 50/50. Hurst chose the replacements. Evans sold the experienced players. Hurst ripped the team apart. Evans stood by and let him.
Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:01 - Sep 26 with 4257 viewsLeoMuff

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 18:42 - Sep 26 by ITFC_Forever

assuming what is being said is correct, no real blame for Hurst, Walters says he’s fit to play, completes a full training session, sounds reasonable he should get part of the game to me.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:07 - Sep 26 with 4226 viewsSwansea_Blue

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:01 - Sep 26 by LeoMuff

assuming what is being said is correct, no real blame for Hurst, Walters says he’s fit to play, completes a full training session, sounds reasonable he should get part of the game to me.

Of course it's reasonable. It's just another stick to beat Hurst with; he's turning into the Jeremy Corbyn of the football world.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:22 - Sep 26 with 4182 viewsDubtractor

Dunno really.

Hurst stated in the week that Walters was doubtful due to his achilles, Hurst then plays Walters and the aforementioned achilles goes pop.

Hurst even stated that he made an error in picking him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:52 - Sep 26 with 4121 viewsBluefish

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:22 - Sep 26 by Dubtractor

Dunno really.

Hurst stated in the week that Walters was doubtful due to his achilles, Hurst then plays Walters and the aforementioned achilles goes pop.

We should probably label Burley hopeless for playing jonno and Stewart at Wembley and I hate to think what we are going to say about sir Bob picking the Beat every week

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:55 - Sep 26 with 4097 viewsRyorry

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 17:54 - Sep 26 by ITFC_Forever

And that’s all before we factor in the discontent breeding at a rate of knots behind the scenes, caused by PH and Deputy Doig.

"Deputy Doig"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:57 - Sep 26 with 4088 viewsGarv

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:22 - Sep 26 by Dubtractor

Dunno really.

It was his calf that went, not the achilles. Hurst did admit it could have been other muscles compensating for each other, but that couldn't easily be proved.

Hard to pin all the blame on one man, but it doesn't reflect well on management in general.

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:57 - Sep 26 with 4084 viewsITFC_Forever

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:55 - Sep 26 by Ryorry

"Deputy Doig"

I bet he would hate that nickname as well.

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 20:05 - Sep 26 with 4044 viewsFrimleyBlue

Although he didn't actually have a fitness test. Hurst said they said they'd arrange one in the morning but Walters said he was ok.... Sounds to me like he literally said ok brilliant I'll start you on the bench if you free ok.

There's no way he would have passed a physical fitness test on that form on Injury. Especially since its the same issue that was causing problems during the week.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 20:19 - Sep 26 with 3970 viewsDubtractor

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 19:57 - Sep 26 by Garv

It was his calf that went, not the achilles. Hurst did admit it could have been other muscles compensating for each other, but that couldn't easily be proved.

Hard to pin all the blame on one man, but it doesn't reflect well on management in general.

Well it evidently wan't his calf was it, given the news today.

TO be honest, the way he walked off and round the pitch at the time made it pretty clear to me it wasn't a muscle injury - he could barely walk!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 20:41 - Sep 26 with 3861 viewsRadlett_blue

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 20:05 - Sep 26 by FrimleyBlue

Although he didn't actually have a fitness test. Hurst said they said they'd arrange one in the morning but Walters said he was ok.... Sounds to me like he literally said ok brilliant I'll start you on the bench if you free ok.

There's no way he would have passed a physical fitness test on that form on Injury. Especially since its the same issue that was causing problems during the week.

Taking on loan a 35 year old with known injury issues was always going to be a risk. Some you win, some you lose, but putting him on the bench with a known injury was a clear sign of desperation.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 21:46 - Sep 26 with 3676 viewsGarv

Awful management of Walters by Hurst.... on 20:19 - Sep 26 by Dubtractor

Well it evidently wan't his calf was it, given the news today.

TO be honest, the way he walked off and round the pitch at the time made it pretty clear to me it wasn't a muscle injury - he could barely walk!

Good spot. I'm sure it was confirmed as his calf at the time but I clearly didn't read today's article properly!

This got 16 up arrows!! jeeze the TWTD mind hive.... on 22:18 - Sep 26 with 3565 viewsunstableblue

.... has really turned the Hurst Hate up to 11 hasn't it?

Didn't he admit he'd made a mistake in playing Walters? didn't he rely on Walters being a pro and knowing his fitness.

Whatever.

The vitriol on the board is just off the scale at the moment.

Yes Bolton was poor, yes Hull away was woeful. But Villa, Norwich and Brentford we played some good stuff with passion.

I'm frustrated at the league position and lack of wins. But this massive hate fest to Hurst really is too early and disproportionate.

Support the team, support the project people.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024